[FM16] San Giovanni - A Sammarinese youth only challenge

Bedese

Congratulations on reaching 2100!:) That's an upset win over Braga that San Giovanni finally nail a win! Very good!

1.) M. Haifa and Red Star Belgrade have won against San Giovanni last year. Are they still continue the campaign?

2.) Reaching 2100, can I see the whole qualification and main tournament of the Euro 2100?

3.) Who's the Top 25 of the FIFA World Rankings?

4.) What's the ranking of San Marino and who were joining with (above 12 and below 12)?

5.) By the way, I will also see who win the knockout tournaments of the 2100/2101 UEFA Champions League and 2100/2101 UEFA Europa League?

Once again congratulations on reaching 2100!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude 2100 :applause:
I would just like to applaud you, not for the save, (which is excellent in itself considering the restrictions you have placed upon yourself), but more so this update thread.

The consistency is just very very very impressive. :applause:

Oh, and Braga! :eek:

Thank you :)

And yeah, Braga :D

1.) M. Haifa and Red Star Belgrade have won against San Giovanni last year. Are they still continue the campaign?

Haifa lost to Lech in the CL Playoff and went into the Europa groups. They made it to the First Knockout Round but lost to Valencia 5-2. Red Star didn't get out their group.

2.) Reaching 2100, can I see the whole qualification and main tournament of the Euro 2100?

I can't find the qualifiers for some reason, but here's the tourney:

edb1f5dfcbed62a84b32fc667baa5e2f.png

525cdb04217017152583c492ba1245fe.png

cb6fbdfe06562b04317582d943c45194.png

3.) Who's the Top 25 of the FIFA World Rankings?

336c90c36009e61ead690a84e35f84d9.png

4.) What's the ranking of San Marino and who were joining with (above 12 and below 12)?

52fc70a98ef4cc70af1a485f9cff506e.png

5.) By the way, I will also see who win the knockout tournaments of the 2100/2101 UEFA Champions League and 2100/2101 UEFA Europa League?

Champions League:

4d7e4dbd018bdcba73b808418b224083.png

Europa League:

8f5129009734d021c3e27f4f80bed533.png

Wow, I wondered for a while if you might actually challenge for qualification from the group.

So did I :lol: We aren't a million miles away, and this is definitely the best team we've ever had, even with our lack of quality defenders.

Pretty darn good! Won 4 straight championships, 5 overall, 3 cups and 4 super cups! But still in CL i'm in the second round limbo, having qualified for the 3rd round only once over BATE, although we came very close this year, winning 0-2 in Azerbaijan over Qarabaq, but we had lost 0-3 at home. But i'm not doing a strict youth-only challenge. I build my team on academy players, but i sign players released from San Marino Calcio or a player that i deem a great talent, that was released from another team. Our training facilities are Adequate, our youth Poor and our Junior Coaching is Exceptional. The **** part is the board wont allow me more than 5 coaches :( I just can't wait for the semi-pro turn, because it will be a great boon to the save.

Also, i began the save with the ''Load players from Top Division Clubs'' checked for Europe, so it is much harder for me in european qualification.

Pretty darn good! Won 4 straight championships, 5 overall, 3 cups and 4 super cups! But still in CL i'm in the second round limbo, having qualified for the 3rd round only once over BATE, although we came very close this year, winning 0-2 in Azerbaijan over Qarabaq, but we had lost 0-3 at home. But i'm not doing a strict youth-only challenge. I build my team on academy players, but i sign players released from San Marino Calcio or a player that i deem a great talent, that was released from another team. Our training facilities are Adequate, our youth Poor and our Junior Coaching is Exceptional. The **** part is the board wont allow me more than 5 coaches :( I just can't wait for the semi-pro turn, because it will be a great boon to the save.

Also, i began the save with the ''Load players from Top Division Clubs'' checked for Europe, so it is much harder for me in european qualification.

I have load players from top division clubs on as well, which is a right pain :lol:

You're not far away from a huge jump. If you can make it to the Third Round once more you should get seeded in the Second Round, which means you should always be able to make it to the Third at least. That should be enough to turn you semi-pro. Keep at it!

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

Things are going well domestically.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

Very well.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Matteo Gennari (YP123) - 8.25

He had the same rating as Albani, but gets this because he played more games. He had a superb year in the heart of midfield for us.

Top Goalscorer:

Paolo Buscarini (YP125) - 46

I'm so excited to see if he can develop further.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Stefano Albani (YP118)

It feels like he's been a part of our first team for decades, but he's only 26.

Aims for next season:

Back to back groups? I don't think so, but we have beaten Braga...

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: Salzburg beat us 3-2 in the Playoff.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We picked up 4 points in the group. Virtus lost 5-0 to Bulgarians Litex, Domagnano lost 8-0 to Scottish Inverness and Juvenes Dogana lost 6-0 to Northern Irish Cliftonville.

San Marino National team:

2100 Results -- 2101 Results

There's no way we should be dropping points to Andorra.

4e8b9f8e0dcb60f7e38bedaf2b7ede3c.png

We were the better team, and we've lost 4-1. They scored twice in the first ten minutes, after some terrible marking from a corner before Casolino spilled a free kick and gave their striker a tap in from half a yard. We dominated after that with Salzburg resorting to long shots, but we missed a hatful of golden chances, including Luca Gatti firing wide from two yards out with the goal gaping. I'm really not happy.

644e09ea05dfda1409800f69f9527523.png

Unbelievable. We were battered over the two legs, but all Luca Gatti (YP124) needs is one chance. He finished a long ball over the top delightfully, and we've made back to back group stages for the first time in our history. Unfortunately, we'll have to do it without Gatti's strike partner. Buscarini broke his foot in the second leg, and he'll be out for 5 months. But who cares? We've made it again!

6233a45fe80c078eb1566a8a57a675ed.png

There were quite a few groups that I was hoping to be in, but this wasn't one. Braga probably won't be too pleased to see us, but I doubt we can sneak past them again, and Zorya and Nice will likely be way too strong for us.

8b6f9a3749b9f4558e57ff8a60bf10e2.png

Braga must absolutely hate us.

We had 3 shots all game, but somehow went 2-0 up. Alex Peliccioni (YP119) gave us the lead inside the first five minutes, volleying home through the keeper's legs from close range. Gatti (who else) made it two just before HT, ramming home a 1 on 1. Unfortunately, there was time for another incident before HT, as a cross going nowhere bounced off Ghiotti's back and into the goal. They'd equalise with a cross that went directly in, but couldn't find a way through, and we've held the hardest team in our group to a point at home. Is there a little part of me upset we threw away a two goal lead to an own goal and a cross? Sure, but it's nowhere near as big as the part of 100 year old me who's currently going on MySpace (oh yeah, that's a thing again) to wind up some Braga fans.

82e0a8c557681a548773855ae3ed6fb0.png

This one could have ended about 7-7. Unfortunately, they were clinical, whereas most of our chances didn't fall to Luca Gatti (YP124) as they looked to mark him out the game (he still scored, of course). Zorya now top the group with two wins from two, and Braga smashed Nice in the other game. We play Nice next, and if we can beat them our chances of getting out the group are very much alive.

Unlucky in the groups - shame you couldn't have that Anderlecht group again now with this squad! :lol:

but back-to-back Europa League appearances!!!! :applause:

Am I right in thinking that although you're getting beaten at this level, consistently playing in the groups might be enough of a rep increase to push on with youth recruitment? Like you said, I think if you can even get that up a little bit then you'll be able to scale new heights!

Unlucky in the groups - shame you couldn't have that Anderlecht group again now with this squad! :lol:

but back-to-back Europa League appearances!!!! :applause:

Am I right in thinking that although you're getting beaten at this level, consistently playing in the groups might be enough of a rep increase to push on with youth recruitment? Like you said, I think if you can even get that up a little bit then you'll be able to scale new heights!

I hope so, but I'm really not sure. Our rep is still at half a star, and there hasn't been the option yet to talk to the board about improving youth recruitment. If anyone knows how the reputation scales with the recruitment, please let me know (I know that it also depends on location, which is probably holding us back a lot).

I'm going to try and be sneaky, and I'm going to add a bunch of foreign staff who are probably useless at coaching/scouting but who are from countries that are good at football, in the hope that we get through players from those countries. As those countries are going to have a much higher youth level and game importance rating than us, that might be a good trick to get some better players through. I wonder if I can find any staff who want to join me...

I hope so, but I'm really not sure. Our rep is still at half a star, and there hasn't been the option yet to talk to the board about improving youth recruitment. If anyone knows how the reputation scales with the recruitment, please let me know (I know that it also depends on location, which is probably holding us back a lot).

I'm going to try and be sneaky, and I'm going to add a bunch of foreign staff who are probably useless at coaching/scouting but who are from countries that are good at football, in the hope that we get through players from those countries. As those countries are going to have a much higher youth level and game importance rating than us, that might be a good trick to get some better players through. I wonder if I can find any staff who want to join me...

Make sure they have good personalities as that influences your youths personalities.

Youth Intake Day!

8c4a07cd6dc68f1e58e0c07d030edaa4.png

I signed about 12 English staff members, but no Englishmen this year.

1a184836f9beb9b6aa7b6259dfa1c8e0.png

I hate his personality, he doesn't fit any position that well (I guess I'll try him as a striker), he doesn't look that good and his PPM of Static Target Man sucks for someone so small. Apart from that, he's great.

45315f48b3e4c4aaed435eb572dc7a58.png

I'll retrain him to CM and see how he does.

Season Review

Campionato Sammarinese:

Table

Schedule

I'm scared we're going to mess something up, because it's going too well.

Coppa Titano:

Table

Schedule

See? We even win this.

Squad

Key Players:

Highest Average Rating:

Gabriele Muccioli (YP115) - 8.25

It sucks that he's about to hit 31, but as a CM he can hopefully survive a few more years.

Top Goalscorer:

Luca Gatti (YP124) - 41

I adore our strikers.

Manager's Player of the Year:

Stefano Albani (YP118)

Does he ever not win this?

Aims for next season:

Three in a row?

Other teams:

League Winners: :D

Cup Winners: :D

How the team in CL qualifying did: Salzburg beat us 6-2 in the Third Round.

How the teams in Europa qualifying did: We picked up 1 points in our group. Murata lost on penalties to Albanians Kukesi, Cosmos lost 4-0 to Cliftonville and Juvenes Dogana lost 5-0 to Swedes Hammarby Fotboll.

San Marino National team:

2101 Results -- 2102 Results

At least we won the friendlies?

A couple of retirements this year:

5f43c8984fb6d5fb56df3e7fee5f47d0.png

Our record appearance holder, Amoruso retires having played 435 games for us, scoring 11, assisting 5, getting 2 MOTMs and having an average rating of 6.94. He was solid at the back, but never really lived up to my expectations for him.

89efdbdbcc3875ba02c47954389ecb82.png

Toccacelli played 245 games for us, scored 42 times, got 18 assists, 15 MOTMs and had an average rating of 7.36. He was good for us in midfield. but lost his spot as we got younger, better players through.

b0c38b7bc560380a0288e141d803b9e0.png

That's a horrible pot. I guess I want Salzburg or Red Star?

b765838964f454546ac1f95ec597d1a7.png

We're going to get killed - if it's Celtic. They could only draw 0-0 away at HJK. They're almost definitely going to go through, but maybe...

We won 1-0 away, although Fabio Ghiotti (YP122) got sent off for an off the ball foul. I'm confident we'll get the job done at home.

145bb746ec6942e1515045ec72474d6b.png

We were toothless in front of goal, but we got it done. The question is - who are we playing?

67bdde07b57321d5b3aa6275260c2d00.png

They've made the groups the last 3 years in a row and are historically one of the strongest teams, but they did only beat HJK 1-0, so let's see. Personally, I think we'll lose by 5 or 6.

3392d4314c934c5e8dc9a05ecd0f3621.png

Football is a cruel, cruel game. We were holding out for a good draw right until the 89th minute, when they scrambled home from a corner. Considering how little we created at home, I'd say we're almost certainly out.

dbe845c8c02f6206a481017c445f634f.png

We should have won. We might have only had 6 shots but we created 3 CCCs and 1 half chance, with Toulouse having just 2 half chances. We scored a superb counter attacking goal to pull level, but the 1-1 means that we have a hard job to do in France.

Luca Gatti is brilliant. Could you post your finances after the back-to-back group stages? Speaking of which, are you sure bringing 12 members is going to change something, or could it be a waste of money? Seems more likely the HOYD is the only one that matters.

So close against Celtic and Toulouse. Do you have an attacking tactic for the league and a more defensive one for Europe?

Actually, I don't. I used to, but now I use my counter 5-3-2 in the league as well. Occasionally in the Playoffs I'll change the mentality to attacking if we're struggling to break a team down, but apart from that it's pretty much exactly the same.

Luca Gatti is brilliant. Could you post your finances after the back-to-back group stages? Speaking of which, are you sure bringing 12 members is going to change something, or could it be a waste of money? Seems more likely the HOYD is the only one that matters.

Here our are finances:

af38b56f8bfcb2ab103f44f1a00cc547.png

I just worked it out, and we have 14 English staff members that over the year I'll be paying a combined £170,560 to. I'm more than happy to leave them for a couple of years and see if we get any English players through. I'm fairly sure that it's all staff members that matter, not just the HOYD (our HOYD is from San Marino and he's absolutely superb) but the next couple of years will see.

There's something wrong in the 2101/02 Campionato Sammarinese season review. There are no pictures, just team squads everywhere.:eek:

At least getting well in the 2101 Europa League for good. So, how Celtic and Toulouse getting well in the competitions? Will San Marino's dream of getting promoted to Nations League Division C happened this year?

There's something wrong in the 2101/02 Campionato Sammarinese season review. There are no pictures, just team squads everywhere.:eek:

At least getting well in the 2101 Europa League for good. So, how Celtic and Toulouse getting well in the competitions? Will San Marino's dream of getting promoted to Nations League Division C happened this year?

Sorry, no idea what happened there. Fixed now. Celtic beat Malmo 3-1 in the Playoff but got just one point in the group, drawing with Man City. Toulouse got just three points in their group, drawing with Mainz twice and Basel once.

Ouch, that youth intake was not a kind one! Doesn't seem like you've been producing much of late.

It seems to come in waves, but I'm really hoping we can get in a couple of solid defenders in the next few years whilst the spine of our team is still here, because I think that's all we are away from reaching the CL groups.

Archived