FM16: Newcastle United - Lifting The Fog On The Tyne

Stu_UBJ

Summers transfers are underway in early February, Eliaquim Mangala from Man City has agreed to sign for £10mil.

Ideal replacement for the outgoing Colocinni who's agreed to join Estudiantes in Argentina for £150k. Mangala offers an obvious improvement in terms of a physical presence at the back, and will be first choice alongside either Adil Rami who signed in January or the promising Mbemba.

Made a slight change to the formation, switching the AML from advanced playmaker attack to winger support. Has improved our performances, as we beat WBA 4-1 and Watford 3-0. Did lose to Arsenal and Spurs, both away and both 3-4 to a late goal. Thankfully Arsenal was in the FA Cup which doesn't bother me too much. The change has mostly benefited Perez seemingly, who has 5 goals in his last 3 games.

Into the final of the Capital One Cup, having beaten Crystal Palace 2-1 on aggregate. Arsenal up in the final, hopefully they don't go full strength as I'd really like to win it and guarantee European football next season.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great signing Wilko!

Got a bit of a dillema. An Ayoze Perez one.

Hes been world class for me, top scorer in the league and we are in January. But Arsenal have just bid and Ive managed to get them to part with 50m up front.

That is a lot of cash. what do you think....

I really dont want to sell. But hes already unhappy because i rejected a bid

And we're capital one cup winners!

Massively undeserved, we beat Arsenal 2-1 but we only had 2 shots to their 40 :lol: they had 5 clear cut chances, were leading 1-0 from the 10th minute. Ayoze drew it level in the 51st minute before Mitrovic won us the game in the 85th minute.

We were awful, but a cup and European football guaranteed. I'll take that.

& Wils, have you got a comparable replacement lined up? I wouldn't let him go unless you can replace him with an equally quality, or better replacement. 50mil is great, but who's available?

I'd delay to see if you can get someone good in first, if yes go for it, if not then don't.

Personally don't think I could sell him, but it's a huge sum that'd be hard to turn away.

I don't have someone lined up as of yet.

Do you think I will be able to replace him with the required quality, given its only January 1st season. Ive got Barbosa and Mitrovic, but they haven't been doing amazing. Im leaking goals like anything so I could use the money to for the defence.

Big decision! especially now hes unhappy and it affecting the squad and we've lost the last 3 games since he became unhappy because of it.

I don't have someone lined up as of yet.

Do you think I will be able to replace him with the required quality, given its only January 1st season. Ive got Barbosa and Mitrovic, but they haven't been doing amazing. Im leaking goals like anything so I could use the money to for the defence.

Big decision! especially now hes unhappy and it affecting the squad and we've lost the last 3 games since he became unhappy because of it.

He's unhappy on my game and has still scored 14 in 9 games so wouldn't worry about it

Good stuff you guys

@james_wilko wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of tactics you are using to maybe add to the OP, along with anyone else who has found a tactic that works.

Haven't had much time to do anything on the thread this week, don't think I have had any time to myself since Saturday!! Plan on getting the next part of squad done this afternoon, sp bear with me :)

Quick update on my Toon save :p

ae94b2fbd5c393d38e94c86ae7d2c3bc.png

Got lucky with transfer fees for players leaving. Anita gone, managed to raise the price to £12.5m somehow, whilst Gouffran and Williamson both leave too. New men are Meli, Michel, Rasmus Elm, Serdar Tasci, and Ole Kristian Selnaes. Meli adds some extra steel to midfield, whilst Michel signs as Janmaat's competition/backup. Rasmus Elm should give me good cover in midfield, whilst Tasci becomes Coloccini's partner in DC. Finally Selnaes looks like he could be a cracking playmaker in the future, and will be a rotation player.

92f3d7bf01f5783847e7804f978940fd.png

Up and down pre-season. Saw it more about getting the team set up and finding any weaknesses that weren't glaringly obvious. Started atrociously, not touching the ball against Chelsea, and despite having the chances, losing against Everton. Made a few tweaks here and there, and we stunned Arsenal with three early goals. Good showing in the C1C, then a draw with WBA(which should have been a win, as we threw the lead twice), a good win against Palace, and a solid draw at Southampton. Got three easier games to come, then a triple of Man Utd(A), Mackems(H), Liverpool(A).

Currently 12th in the table, hopeful that we can continue to climb, and push for a European spot.

Great thread going here guys.

Just got my new laptop yesterday and got everything sorted on it and fired up fm today and getting straight into my toon save.

i've gone through this thread and taken all advice on board so here goes

ps i didn't play demo or beta so ive gone in blind

Good stuff you guys

@james_wilko wouldn't mind seeing a screenshot of tactics you are using to maybe add to the OP, along with anyone else who has found a tactic that works.

Haven't had much time to do anything on the thread this week, don't think I have had any time to myself since Saturday!! Plan on getting the next part of squad done this afternoon, sp bear with me :)

I'll pm you a copy of my tactic when I'm home so you can pick the best bits to show, if you want to use it.

I rejected the bid for perez. Really want to build a team around him. Managed to pick up zaza up on loan. Shored up the defence with the signing of koulibaly from Napoli on loan with a future fee agreed. He looks great and is performing great.

anyone finding that there is a much more in depth focusing on tactics this year, more than in previous years. you really have to tinker it every game.

I lost 6-2 to Leicester and 4-0 to Swansea paying my formation that has served us well so far this season. Playing a higher line. Changed to a deeper line and more compact and ive just beaten man u 5-0 who are top of the league.

Will give a full update when ive got to the end of the season.

what do you guys do with your youth and reserve teams? as there isn't anyone in either (apart from Armstrong) worth keeping. Do you release them and then sign loads of youth? or just wait for their contracts to expire?

I know people are saying don't sell Ayoze but after 25 games hes contributed 6 goals and 2 assists with an average rating of 6.62... Definitely not on fire for me at all!

Tried him as a lone striker (both Trequartista and False9) and also out wide as an inside forward! Sadly I've had to drop him

I know people are saying don't sell Ayoze but after 25 games hes contributed 6 goals and 2 assists with an average rating of 6.62... Definitely not on fire for me at all!

Tried him as a lone striker (both Trequartista and False9) and also out wide as an inside forward! Sadly I've had to drop him

Hello!

Try the 4-4-1-1 tactic from this page: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-16-tactics/350883-mr-langvatn-fm16-tactic-center.html

I tried this and after just a few matches Ayoze was on fire!

Finished the first season last night, ending up coming 3rd! Came down to the last game where we would finish between 5th-3rd depending on our result and the Spurs/Arsenal results. We went into the last game in 3rd, so a win would guarantee us that 3rd place spot. In the first 20 minutes, we were 1-0 down to Norwich and Bender had been sent off. But in the 60th minute I made a few changes, De Jong for Perez and Thauvin for Aarons. De Jong drew us level before setting up Thauvin to get us straight into the group stages. Nice bit of end of season drama there.

So in the summer it was time to make a few changes. PSG and Man Utd were interested in Sissoko, who eventually I sold to Man Utd for £40mil. Atletico Madrid were sniffing around Thauvin, who wasn't performing as well as a Winger - Support so he was moved on for 23mil. Simon Zoller who did nothing since signing for 400k was moved to Bristol City for 1.4mil. De Jong was sold to Norwich for 8.5mil, and Marseille made Cabella's move permanent for the agreed £5.75mil.

To replace, we've brought in Lucas Moura from PSG. He was unhappy and cost £23.5mil. Thauvin has been replaced by Bernard from Shakhtar for £25mil, Kieran Trippier has been brought in as Janmaat's back up for £3.6mil, Sead Kolasinac from Schalke for £5mil as an upgrade on Haidara, and Tom Carroll on a free. They've joined the agreed deal for Mangala and Rulli to really boost the squad.

From last season, Mitrovic was top goal scorer with 24 in 41(1), he also managed 7 assists. Ayoze manged 23 in 42(3) with 10 assists. Perez also won the Player's Player of the Year. Fully deserved imo.

Not sure who to sign as Mitrovic's back up. Stoke were relegated so looking at Diouf who's available for 8mil. Also, Berahino is available for £14mil following WBA's relegation. Berahino would more likely be backup to Perez however, something else I need to think about having moved De Jong on. The other choice for Perez's back up is to retrain Armstrong to play there, as he's too small/weak to be Mitrovic's back up.

Currently in mid-Jan second season and whilst my home form has been in top 4 territory last season and this, my away form is tragic! So far up until now from the first game last season I've won 3 games, THREE! Anyone know how to deal with this lol, thanks

Just finished my first season.

Transfers:

VcJHsek.png

Tactics:

ZdF5kBK.png

League Table:

B5H88qq.png

Great first season, narrowly missed out on Champions league on the last day of the season. All i needed was a win, but we lost 4-3 to Southampton. Gutted.

Notable Performance:

Perez - 19 Goals, 9 Assists - 7.34

Barbosa - 16 Goals, 11 Assists - 7.20

Sissoko - 8 Goals, 7 Assists - 7.57

Wijnaldum - 7 Goals, 8 Assists - 7.05

Best of the Rest - Mitrovic (8 goals), Agustinson (6 goals), Ziyech (7.33 rating 11 games)

Looking forward to building on this season. Will be making Kouilibaly permanent, he really helped shore up the defence when he came in on loan in January. Can highly recommend him if you guys need a CB. Will signing trippier too, like most I need back up for janmaat.

Trying to keep hold of Perez and Barbosa will be a big challenge. But want to build a team around them. Challenge for the title next season.

Anyone got any recommendations for youth signings? My intake this season unsurprisingly was awful!

Zack Clough from Bolton looks a good prospect, Davy Klaasen from Ajax too. Klaasen would be a good option for either CM position, though Clough wouldn't get a look in if you've got Ayoze firing.

Set your scouts away too, had mine on the look out and picked up a few good looking newgens.

433 with wingers for both home and away, but counter away and slightly narrower and Romero in DM position

Mitro / Berahino

Perez Sissoko

Tielemans Romero Gini

Haidara Antei Mbemba Janmaat

Horn

It's annoying me I can be so dominant at home and so garbage away, just lost 3-0 to stoke who are rock bottom, extra pts i could've picked up I'd be contending top 4 with ease lol

My second season was a bit hit and miss. Finished 5th. Got semis of euopa cup and won capital one cup.

PereZ top scorer in league with 26 getting injured for 3 months. Mitrovic took over and is on 22.

Conceded the highest amount of goals I ever have on fm ever in 57 playing 4231 really poor defensively

I've not successfully tutored Mitrovic. I tried but he kept refusing to work with people. Going to sell him and sign someone like him but with better mental attributes. Like babacar or something.

I done mbemba successfully git him up to fairly professional but his progress has been slow

So yeah I finish 9th second season but fluke Europa League through UEFA fair play system. Still can't enjoy this game though with the home/away problem I'm having. 7 games into 3rd season, won 3 (home), lost 4 (away). Tried everything, this just me or anyone else suffering same thing. Actually no point playing it cause no one is finishing higher than 8th with a disgusting away record like that

So yeah I finish 9th second season but fluke Europa League through UEFA fair play system. Still can't enjoy this game though with the home/away problem I'm having. 7 games into 3rd season, won 3 (home), lost 4 (away). Tried everything, this just me or anyone else suffering same thing. Actually no point playing it cause no one is finishing higher than 8th with a disgusting away record like that

I was struggling with a similar problem in 3rd season dropped to 14th and was having a player revolt. All I did to change this was set training to team cohesion. I've since been on a 10 match unbeaten run and am up to 7th. This is probably just luck but it turned my season round and I doubt that this training had any effect other than a bit of squad harmony.

Can I ask what tactics and TIs you're all using? I'm just playing my usual 433, wide.

I can't score, create CCCs, striker rarely involved, opposition have 10 men behind the ball all the time and shots just cannon off them. Then of course, they get through once and have a wave of 8 players countering and score with their 2 chances which are both CCCs. Not to mention giving wide players every instruction to cross, then they just pull it back instead...Infuriating.

Cheers

Played the first three games of the Champions League, started at home to Juventus, then away to Shakhtar and away to Dortmund.

Win 3-0

Win 3-0

Win 4-2

Also 8 games played in the league, 5 wins, 2 draws and a loss. The loss a relatively poor 1-0 away to Arsenal, also drew 2-2 away to Norwich (letting go a 2-0 advantage) and 1-1 away to Man Utd.

Bernard from Shakhtar has been a great signing, 7 goals and 6 assists in 11 games and an average rating of 7.77 (team's highest). Moura hasn't been quite as good, 1 goal and 4 assists with an average of 7.45.

Mame Diouf from Stoke has been a hell of a bargain too, £7.5mil 4(3) games and 7 goals. A goal V Fulham got him started, followed by a hat trick against WBA got him up and running before scoring three in his last three with goals against Everton, Norwich and Dortmund. He's stepped up well for the injured Mitrovic, may be hard to drop him when Mitro's fit again.

I'm looking to have Wijnaldum and Sissoko as my midfield pairing in a 4-4-2 with advanced wingers, what roles would you suggest for them? Considering DLP(S) for Gini and BBM for Sissoko but wondering if anyone has had any success using anything different.

Stu-

http://www.filedropper.com/attacking4-3-3asymmetricstcr7fa5487e-b8f0-4b2c-bee2-6876e95333b5

It was inspired by this thread from Justified - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/439297-Heavy-Metal-in-a-Crystal-Palace-Klopp-Recreation

I didn't really intend to set us up as a crossing team, and I hadn't thought we were but having checked our stats in our last 50 games we've scored 47 goals from crosses. 29 from through balls and 12 from corners. Oddly only 17 are from headers, I have seem a number of volleys both power & side foot though.

Scott, I doubt that'd work in a 4-4-2 as you'd need a holding midfielder to cover one of them. Though in my kind of 4-4-2/4-3-3 I've had Wijnaldum as a RPM alongside a CM-D which has served me well.

Scott, I doubt that'd work in a 4-4-2 as you'd need a holding midfielder to cover one of them. Though in my kind of 4-4-2/4-3-3 I've had Wijnaldum as a RPM alongside a CM-D which has served me well.
You'd be better off having a defend duty in there to protect the back 4 unless you have a DM? If you've only got a midfield pair though I'd go with DLP(D) or CM(D) with BBM. Wijnaldum isn't the best option for a defend duty though

Thanks for the replies, it's what I thought, I'll put one of Tiote or Anita as my defensive CM as either BWM(D) and DLP(D) respectively and then rotate Sissoko and Wijnaldum in the other role.

If you're playing with advanced wingers Scott you can always fit Sissoko in at AMR while Wijnaldum is playing DLP. His best performances for me have actually come on the wing so far

I would but I've bought Sisto so he'll be first choice there, Wijnaldum can play any of my four midfield positions though so he'll get plenty of playing time should someone get injured.

Edit: Speaking of which, Thauvin has just gotten injured for 3 weeks, so in comes Gini. :rolleyes:

Started, as always, with Newcastle.

Been making a decent amount of transfers:

cf93a48aec9c7d482dde253feb924a2b.png

At the moment I'm playing with this tactic. Overall my players performs well, but can't really get the three in front to perform as I like

6bd0e83c8abd0e243ab80beed7fc4462.png

Can't really complain though, the results has been amazing. The next 4 games will tell how much I can expect from this team.

9b2eed4c990abdb6f2e8df1e26e68eca.png

And the league standings:

f2cf2460dcd4c66ed9c18508d5271303.png

A few more TI tweaks and playing a F9 has sorted things lads lol, scored 4,4,5,5,5 in a run of 5 games albeit against lesser opponents then got smashed 5-1 by Man U but I can live with that, semi finals of league cup...I can smell silverware

Well I'm in the summer transfer window after the first season and a rather annoying bidding war has broken out for Ayoze Perez. he's currently valued at £18 million and has a minimum relase clause of £36 mill......so what are Bayern and Dortmund's opening bids?

£13.5 mill rising to 17.5 mill if we're lucky.

Archived