FM16 - The Sky Bet Football League thread

Jogo Bonito

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jogo sorry to say but Kodija is a bit injury prone, so far he has been out for 2 weeks with a damaged foot, a week out for a gashed head, 2 weeks out with a twisted knee and now out for a week with a back strain, only minor injuries but they aint half adding up lol, he is no longer top goalscorer for me as Max Urruti has stepped up now with 13 goals in 21 games, Kodija's new prefered role is a False 9 so playing Kodija as a False 9 now, Kodija has 11 in 22 games, hopefully he shakes these injuries off and goes at it with Urutti for top goalscorer award at Bristol City.

Results have been a bit rubbish but well within my reach of staying in the division, currently 16th after 22 games, won 6, drawn 8, lost 8, lost to Leicester 3-2 in the Capital One Cup, got Millwall in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Freeman has become my highest rated player, he had a release clause of 2m, so got him on a new contract with an 8m release clause, happy with that.

Enjoying this save, will keep you posted, I seem to be the only one posting in here lately lol.

Finally started up my long term save decided to go with Coventry after reading a few of the saves so far....

I'm currently sitting top of the league at the half way point. Still a long way to go but its looking good. I'm playing a structured controlling 4-3-3 style of football.

b18488461180967.jpg

d007f2461181757.jpg

Hopefully going into the 2nd half of the season I can tighten up at the back as I'm conceding too many for my liking.

Not any major signing just a few loans in, out of all the loans Jack Barmby has been a delight on the wing cutting in with some screamers.

a3458b461181937.jpg

7357aa461181869.jpg

I'm still in the FA Cup been drawn against Liverpool so unlikely I will progress any further.

Knocked out the League Cup By Burnley in round 2.

In the Semi final of the JPT against Oxford.

League Results so far.

7f9718461182577.jpg

RB, not good news on Kodjia - or injuries in general. 16th isn't bad though, in comparison to real life. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Welcome Nev10. I'm also managing Coventry, but have to say you're doing better in your first season than I did. A very enjoyable club to manage though.

I'm hoping to get another update up this week.

No real big updates from me so far until Wednesday until I get my laptop back from work cause I left it there. So I'm a bit upset and having withdrawal symptoms however had my first loss in the league and beat Barnet 2 1 in the Johnston's paint cup.

This save has been unreal for me especially playing without any coaching badges or experience.

Nev I would sign Razak, he has been good for me when he has played.

So I am now in February, shifted the budget about and managed to sign Oscar Plano on a free but opted to buy him now so paid 675k for him, has been really good for me so far, playing him as a False 9, he has got 4 goals in 5 games so far, he has replaced Kodija in the team, Kodija has been on a goal drought since his latest injury so giving him a rest for a few weeks, might play him on the right wing when he gets back into the team but Aarons has been playing really well on the right wing so don't want to rock the boat.

Still 16th in the league, played 33 games, won 10, drawn 11 and lost 12, got knocked out of the FA Cup by Millwall.

Top scorer for me so far is still Max Urruti with 20 so far, Ben Gladwin is my best average rating so far.

Took a few players on trial that have all just finished playing in the Indian league....

has anyone had any dealings with any of them? if so were they any good?

fcc15a461225151.jpg

I signed Keogh and Watt at Coventry. Keogh was useful, and definitely better than any other forwards I had in the reserves. He could also do a job on the left as inside forward, but his role for me was just to come off the bench. Watt was a little bit disappointing, I thought he would be useful as he could play both flanks, but he hasn't really done too much. Not awful, but not a game-changer.

RB: Rabiot is a great signing for a club of that level. Still ticking along nicely, well done.

End of season update

Well I managed to stay 15th, got to as high as 12th in the league after winning 3 games in a row then back to drawing 1, losing 1, winning 1 lol, 46 games played, won 15, drawn 14 and lost 17.

Max Urruti got 25 goals for me which is a bargain as he was a freebie, Kodija got a few important goals at the end of the season, so will be keeping him for now, Oscar Plano played well getting 9 goals from 19 appearences, will be a nice challenge to try find the best combo between him, Kodija and Urruti.

My challenge now is to try keep all the players I have on loan or else my squad is going to be very small.

Looking forward to the challenge and hope I can improve in season 2, wish me luck lol.

Morecambe - Sky Bet League One - 2018/2019 Season Preview

Our first season in League One, and I'm very happy with my transfer dealings in the summer window.

Transfers

Jonathan Leko - signed on a season-long loan from parent club West Brom. He'll be a back-up striker, and looks like he could score a few for us coming off the bench in the last 20 minutes of games.

Adrian Lawrence (regen) - Another striker signed on a season-long loan from parent club West Brom, except I'm expecting Lawrence to be our star man this year, and he'll lead the line upfront for us.

Tom Lockyer - Signed on a free from Bristol Rovers, and is a player who I've had my eye on for a while, so I'm delighted to have managed to get him to join us. Should be a solid player for us at the back.

Reece Hands - Signed purely as back-up, as he's on low wages, but also looks on okay player himself too.

Nick Pope - We needed a new GK, and Pope stood out by miles as my first target to get. He was playing Championship football for Charlton last season, so has agreed to drop a division to join us in League One. A very good player.

Anton Rodgers - Another player signed as back-up and low wages, purely because we now play we 3 in central midfield, so I'd like to have 6 centre mids in my squad to be able to rotate.

Darnell Johnson - One for the future perhaps, he has bags of potential and we're paying him just £400 p/w. Bargain.

Tyler Magloire - Similar type of buy to Johnson, he's going to be one for the future, with a handful of games this season chucked in as I rotate my back 3.

That sums up my new signings, and we're going to be playing with this system to start with. I imagine I'll constantly be tweaking it as the season goes on:

37F573E904E964760CE581832A295A2FF7D071F3

2nd Season Early update

Decided I needed some older, experienced players so signed Glenn Whelan for 115k and Leon Britton for 135k to tutor my younger players and offer valuable experience to my team, my other major signings were James Forest on a free, Jem Karacan for 300k and Tommy Smith for 250k, also signed a lot of highly rated young free transfers but too many to name on here lol, signed Borthwick-Jackson, Ryan Ledson and Jonjo Kenny on loan.

Sold Figueroa, Fielding, Pack and Little.

Max Urruti is firing on all cylinders again, 4 in 7 games so far, Jogo you will be happy to know that Kodija is scoring again, mostly coming on as a sub and has got 3 goals so far.

I am currently 3rd after 5 games, won 3, drawn 1 and lost 1, looking forward to progressing up the league and aiming to get a better position this year then last.

Nice update Gizmo, good to read your thoughts and I hope you have a decent season.

RB, that's a good start to the new season. Glad that Kodjia is scoring again. Nice to see Karacan returning too, and a very reasonable fee for him. Which Tommy Smith is that? I am guessing the Ipswich one, rather than the Huddersfield one...but I guess as long as it isn't the veteran forward (or the old Liverpool defender) you seem to have got a good deal there too.

End of season update

Well I managed to stay 15th, got to as high as 12th in the league after winning 3 games in a row then back to drawing 1, losing 1, winning 1 lol, 46 games played, won 15, drawn 14 and lost 17.

Max Urruti got 25 goals for me which is a bargain as he was a freebie, Kodija got a few important goals at the end of the season, so will be keeping him for now, Oscar Plano played well getting 9 goals from 19 appearences, will be a nice challenge to try find the best combo between him, Kodija and Urruti.

My challenge now is to try keep all the players I have on loan or else my squad is going to be very small.

Looking forward to the challenge and hope I can improve in season 2, wish me luck lol.

Ronaldo Beckham, I solute you! First person I've seen while casually browsing the forum playing as Bristol City. After a small break from FM (We all need one right?!), I decided to start a game as my team, Bristol City. Finished my first season last night, and surpassed the boards expectations, and even mine!

We had a great start to the season, only losing 1 game in the first 11 matches. We found ourselves 2nd early on, and teams were struggling to even score against us. Unfortunately (at least I'd like to think so), our downfall was fixture congestion. Due to a phenomenal FA Cup run, which included beating the Holders Arsenal, we had a tired squad on a regular basis. This lead to injuries and what not, but we made it to the semi final at Wembley - Can't really complain can I?!

24pkrrd.jpg

Look at that Arsenal team!

After somehow beating Arsenal, we had another top flight team to get past. A team we've almost always got the best of, a team that probably looks to us as their bogey side! Of course, this is Crystal Palace. We were drawn at home, and despite taking the lead twice on the counter, Palace managed to force us to a replay at Selhurst after a 2-2 draw. This was the last thing I wanted in regards to keeping up our playoff chances in the league. I could've so easily rested some players in the replay, but the income the run was generating, I wanted to try and keep it going. Cue Mile Jedinak, sent off in the 4th minute for the home side. We took advantage, and took a 2 goal lead, despite Palace continuing to push us with only 10 men. Finishes 1-2, and we book a very unlikely place at Wembley.

hwi9du.jpg

Our run would come to an end at Wembley, in what was arguably our easiest opponent we could have hoped for, Nottingham Forest. A rather uninspiring 2-0 defeat.

So yeah, I believe this run had a big effect on our performances in the league. The players were tired on a consistent basis, and we struggled to keep up with, lets be honest, stronger teams around us. We still finished a very respectable 10th.

15p37fs.jpg

Our best performer of the season was a very surprising one. Not sure I've seen anyone else get the best out of him, and develop him into a very good player.

kbar6c.jpg

Bobby had an exceptional season, smashing not only the clubs highest average rating, but also the entire Championship. He surprised me big time, I hadn't even planned on trying to develop him, let alone play him on a regular basis! My coaches now rate him as a decent premier league player.

Another lad who's come along nicely, and who I'm a big fan of, is Joey Bryan. Also now rated as decent Premier League player, with more room to develop, his value has shot up throughout the season to 5.75million! So far, there's been no interest in my star players.

I've been given a transfer budget of just over 4 million for the second season, with 70k free to play with on wages.

Looking forward to it!

Tommy Smith I bought from Ipswich, he is a central defender who is a New Zealand international.

Currently 11th in the league after 25 league games, won 11, drawn 4 and lost 10, I was as high as 1st in the league but slowly going down the table, lost 3 in a row now, trying to motivate the team but after I told the team they need a kick up the ass it has made morale worse, got knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the 2nd round by Brighton, got Luton in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Max Urruti continues to score the goals for me with 15 from 25 games this season and a Bristol City record of 39 goals in 67 games so far, might have a chance of becoming an all time goalscorer for Bristol City at this rate as he is only 25.

Luke Freeman is the assist king with 9 assists so far and highest average rating with an 7.82 rating.

Kodija barely plays now Jogo, might try give him a few games to see how he does as he does score for me but only when he is in form and his morale is good.

Tommy Smith I bought from Ipswich, he is a central defender who is a New Zealand international.

Currently 11th in the league after 25 league games, won 11, drawn 4 and lost 10, I was as high as 1st in the league but slowly going down the table, lost 3 in a row now, trying to motivate the team but after I told the team they need a kick up the ass it has made morale worse, got knocked out of the Capital One Cup in the 2nd round by Brighton, got Luton in the 3rd round of the FA Cup.

Max Urruti continues to score the goals for me with 15 from 25 games this season and a Bristol City record of 39 goals in 67 games so far, might have a chance of becoming an all time goalscorer for Bristol City at this rate as he is only 25.

Luke Freeman is the assist king with 9 assists so far and highest average rating with an 7.82 rating.

Kodija barely plays now Jogo, might try give him a few games to see how he does as he does score for me but only when he is in form and his morale is good.

Is Bobby Reid in your plans? Or have you offloaded him?

Good updates guys, it looks like it's only us lot at Coventry and Bristol City (I think you bullied the few Rovers managers away), plus our plucky Morecambe manager. I've probably forgotten a few, sorry if I have but it means you're due to update us on your progress :brock:

I would, but I'm managing a Conference side. :D

Bit of a slower start so far compared to the first season. I set the expectations low (Avoid a relegation battle), don't want to be playing risks with my job. Sat in 11th after 8 games, just smashed Burnley 3-0 at home, so I'm to start seeing better results from here. Have also had Bobby Reid out since Pre-season. He's just come back from recovery, so will integrate him back into the team slowly.

Still in the Capital One Cup, first two games I rested a fair few players, but I've got Man City away now. Not expecting anything from it really, but would love another cup run. We beat the FA Cup holders last season, now time to beat the COC holders. :D

Good updates guys, it looks like it's only us lot at Coventry and Bristol City (I think you bullied the few Rovers managers away), plus our plucky Morecambe manager. I've probably forgotten a few, sorry if I have but it means you're due to update us on your progress :brock:

I'm still here. I'm silently sneaking up on my prey! David Attenborough would be proud of me.

I've been away from my laptop recently but got it back now and will hit it this evening to look up results and post an accurate update. Can't wait to actually see the FM16 loading screen lol

End of season update

Ended up 12th so improved from last year, going up the table slowly which I like cos I get bored of saves where I win all the time and get frustrated with saves where I lose all the time lol, so this is a nice change of pace and keeps me interested.

Max Urruti is starting to become my favourite FM player ever, just a great striker and didn't cost me a penny, he scored 26 goals this year for me, other stand out players for me were Luke Freeman, Korey Smith and Rolando Aarons, as long as I keep these and Raibot then I will definitely be higher in the league next season.

Just got taken over by a consortium who want to hire Tim Sherwood, I have never been sacked when a new chairman takes over but worried this might be the first time, Rolf Konigs has taken over, can someone with the editor find out if he is any good at investing, usually when a consortium takes over they give you a decent amount of money to spend but the balance is only 1.4m now so aint getting my hopes up.

Yeah had to redo the last few games of the season and ended up 13th, saved it after the last game of the season and will crack on with it when I get home and keep you posted.

Good stuff.

I'm currently sitting 12th with 12 points with 1 point from 3 games. Horrible I tell you. 8 games gone. A **** load more to go! Aha

Edit: sitting 4th after two fantastic wins over Portsmouth and hartlepool (2 huge favourites). Found the perfect formation which suits us best, managed to play defensive and attack perfectly. Keeping 2 clean sheets, control of possession and defending perfectly. Restricting the opponents for long shots only. Magnificent so far.

They seem to have increased the chances of getting sacked when a new board takes over and want a new manager in charge, happened to me in a previous save - and they didn't even end up getting the manager they wanted to replace me with!

I'm more surprised that Steve Landsdown&co walked away after only 2 seasons!

Hi all, love the thread. Posted in last seasons one. Like last year going to hopefully have a save with a team from each league.

Will start with a Reading save as they are my local team and want the saves to get harder each time.

Everyone's updates look good :)

I survived a takeover at the end of last season :cool:

New owner hasn't changed much, but he definitely seems more willing to my requests, as we've started work on improving our youth facilities which will cost around £500k iirc (we won £600k for promotion through the playoffs, so I wanted to invest it properly and really build this club up).

And he's also agreed that we need more coaches, and he's increased our scouting so we're now scouting outside of the UK too :)

Took a little break from this save to start up a new save with United to do some tactical experiments, but am now back to playing this.

Same old story, need a few players and end up with a massive overhaul :lol:

Transfers_%20%20Transfer%20History_zpsuemxulwj.png

Out of last season's first XI seven players keep their places. Sportiello (GK), Reyes (DC) and Biraghi (DL) are coming in as starters with Ighalo and Pohjanpalo competing for the striker position. They are roughly equal in terms of raw ability, Ighalo is more of a physical beast type and Pohjanpalo is a bit more technical, a better finisher and is better with his weaker foot. Pohjanpalo should also have potential to improve a bit. Lopes and Garbutt were loans from last season with agreed future fees, Garbutt will be backup while Rony Lopes takes his place again as the starting AP. Edra and Tosic are regens, Tosic comes in as rotation winger while Edra is basically third choice AP behind Lopes and Gribbin, but he should see some action as Gribbin is also second choice at RW. Macheda is purely emergency cover.

Here's Edra's profile:

Jorge%20Edra_%20Overview%20Profile-2_zpsy844tufn.png

Tosic:

Zoran%20Tosic_%20Overview%20Profile_zpsddx5js9y.png

My media prediction for the upcoming season is 18th, board expectation is to avoid relegation. Will be tough, but we'll see how it goes. First up is Bournemouth at home, pretty close to the easiest possible start.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Carlisle got promoted with Darren Ferguson as manager. I'm subscribed to them so I've gotten news items about all their summer signings, most look pretty bad so expecting them to go straight back down.

BCFC_Mike - Fellow North Somerset here! Always on the Tottenham Thread but interestingly started a Bristol City save myself and I am really enjoying it!! Only browsing quickly on here as @ work but interested to see who you signed first window to give me some idea. Cheers in advance

Reading FC introduction 2015/16

5as5jd.jpg

Not too much transfer business in this window. The only departure was Simon Cox joining Fulham for £950k. I tried to get rid of HRK and Blackman without success. Blackman might surprise some people, but i'm really not a fan of the guy. Has only had a 6 good months in his career and I think he had a real negative influence on the team with his attitude. I think he will struggle at Derby.

I made two signings. Both were backup signings from League one. The first was Tom Pope, very cheap at £200k. Maybe 29 but worth giving him a shot at championship football and he will add something different from the bench.

The second was Swindon captain Nathan Thompson, offers a lot. Leadership and versatility the two main things that I was after.

I have gone with an attacking 442. It has seen some very interesting results so far, but has been fun to day the least.

The opening day saw us come from 2-0 down away at Birmingham to draw 2-2. Both Wingers, McLeary and John got the goals. We then beat Leeds 4-2 at home. Vydra got a brace, Ola John scored again and Piazon came off the bench to seal the win. Next was a crazy game. We lost 5-4 at Sheff Wed. Vydra got two more goals and John made it 3 in 3. Game 4 was a 2-2 draw with MK Dons, quite a disappointing result but Sa got his first goal and McLeary scored again. Finally in a game that went against everything the start of the season had offered so far, it took until the 87th minute to get a 1-0 win away at Brentford, Vydra getting a dramatic late winner. I was not expecting a clean sheet at all this season the way the first 4 games went, but it was a nice surprise.

Looks like a crazy season ahead

If only I had the credit for that Uritti.

1 point fr my last possible 9. A 2 1 defeat to Oxford, 0 0 draw against Accrington and a 3 0 defeat against Plymouth.

Horrible bit of form especially with tough games against Portsmouth and Hartlepool coming up.

Top goalscorer so far out of 8 games is Bodin with 5 goals. We're very poor infront of goal recently. Hopefully it'll change.

Dos Santos, sign Max Urruti on a free and play him as an advanced forward with Kodija as a false 9, they will bang the goals in for you.

Cheers mate, sorry just seen your City as well... just read through yours! Looks quality... I have 4 days left in the window so he may of been snapped up..... Loving the save at the moment..... Signed Kyle Walker-Peters,Veljkovics, Aarons and Onomah on loan for the season and a couple lower league players perm. Drew my first two games 0-0 and 2-2 and won my 3rd 2-0 against Leeds and 4th 3-2 away at Middlesborough. Lost to Villa 2-1 in 2nd round of the league cup after being 1-0 at HT and conceding in the 91st min down to 10 as Aarons went off injured after all 3 subs were made! Looks promising though. Kodija has 5 goals already but Aarons for me has been brilliant down the right with Mark Little.

No you've got to upload it on to an image hosting site and then post the link in here with [/ IMG].

Are you playing FM through steam? Easiest way is to upload it through steam then chuck the link in here. That what I do :)

Yeah just wish you could do it like you can on Facebook lol.

If only lol. Also you should of continued your save and resigned and seen yourself at a vanamara south league team as your only option lol

But back on track I'm going. Lost 3-2 Portsmouth, however we played despite being against all odds. Then up came Hartlepool, won 2-1 with Sinclair getting sent off in 7th minute. This game was properly the best game I've seen us play (even better than the 7 2 win over Luton). Morecombe was next, another 2 1 victory. Both games we were 2 0 up but seem to lose composure at the back which gave away the goals in both matches. However after conceding them they went back up to the standards. The team cohesion is quality. After a 4 game streak without a win and gaining one point to the 2 games we just won. Our morale has risen fast and our football is actually on point without I want the team to play.

Stockton in the last 3 matches has scored 4 goals as a poacher. How can I drop him for Harrison who can't even make the squad, so Harrison might go. We have replacements for him with the likes of Adam Boyes, Taylor and kerridge.

After sleeping on it I have decided to leave my Bristol City save, the financial situation was terrible, so deleted the save and thinking of either doing a Wolves, Birmingham or Coventry save, what team do you reckon I should be guys ?

Surely the financial situation will make it a better game/challenge?

Archived