"High-end Tablet"

Hi guys,

in preparation for the new FM, can anyone IT literate explain to me how you would class a tablet as "High-end"? Any idea what brands/makes I should be looking at?

Will be getting the game for my PC, but may well end up getting the tablet version as well for when I go on holiday (otherwise the wife will drive me mad!)

• 1 month later...

I am also waiting to the list of supported devices for FMT 16...

I want to buy an Android tablet and I want to play FMT 16 on it

And it is very strange that the list is still not ready, because the release date is near

Also, what is the reason that some tablet, let's say Samsung Tab Pro 10.1 will be omitted from the supported devices list?

I don't think that new features in FMT 16 should make the game unplayable there FMC 15 was playable

• Administrators

There isn't a release date yet besides "before Xmas".

Each iteration of the FM series can increase minimum specifications as new features and improvements are added, which is why some lower end devices may be unable to run the next version.

That said, there's no list at present I can give you but that will come with the release.

There isn't a release date yet besides "before Xmas".

Each iteration of the FM series can increase minimum specifications as new features and improvements are added, which is why some lower end devices may be unable to run the next version.

That said, there's no list at present I can give you but that will come with the release.

Thanks for your reply... OK, as I understand, some lower end devices may be not run the next version, it is quite clear, but what about much newer devices? For, example, Samsung Tab Pro 12.2, or Tab S2 (BTW, last one is not in the list of supported devices of FMC15)... I mean what is the main factor that makes device suitable or not? CPU, graphics, memory etc. or there is something else that may make devices mentioned above unplayable and, otherwise, some weaker tablet playable? I want to buy, for example, Tab S2, now, it looks very strong but it wasn't in the list for FMC15 and that enforces me to wait for devices list of FMT16, because I want to play the game

There a lot of factors involved in whether we can support a device, some of which are lower-level than CPU/GPU/RAM.

We obviously want to support as many devices as we can, so anything not included will have been left out for a specific reason.

There a lot of factors involved in whether we can support a device, some of which are lower-level than CPU/GPU/RAM.

We obviously want to support as many devices as we can, so anything not included will have been left out for a specific reason.

OK, thanks for explanation Aaron, as a software developer I can understand all the difficulties

• 1 month later...
Definitely the safest bet, but they sure are "overpriced."

I got an iPad Air 2, second hand (perfect condition, boxed, barely used), Wifi & SIM (locked to EE), from CEX for £250.

They definitely priced it up wrong, but I bought it before they had chance to realise!

And FMT16 works perfectly on it!

Archived