FMC15 Save Updates Thread

PKWLFz.jpg

Season 6 - 2020/2021

VANARAMA CONFERENCE SOUTH

Doesn't look like we will need to worry about losing in the play-offs.

Results

PXCP9U.jpg

It was a terrible start, too many draws when we have been leading.

Getting fed up being denied the 3pts by conceding a lot of late goals.

OEj8k6.jpg

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh dear, not good season so far, Maw :(

My job is stable, getting a lot of players unhappy and had this > xMl3kT.jpg from a lot of them.

Our media prediction was 16th but I did tell the board that we could get above mid-table.

Edit - Might have to bring the unsackable into play, also thinking about getting myself a son and also very tempted to start a new game as Tottenham since the new update, just not sure if I really want to have 3 saves running.

Just a quick update.

We are now into early February and are currently second in the league, 2 points behind Chelsea although we do have a game in hand. Co-incidentally our next game is against the Blues at White Hart Lane so if we win that and our game in hand we could have ourselves a little bit of a cushion going into the final ten games or so. We were 5 points clear at the top of the league after a great run of form saw us win six games on the bounce including a brilliant 2-0 win at Anfield and a 3-0 win over Arsenal at the Lane. Sadly though we then had a bit of a wobble, losing 2-0 at home to Man Utd whilst we then had to rely on a late Eriksen equaliser to grab a 1-1 draw at Newcastle.

In one of my earlier updates I mentioned that the teams who struggled last year seem to have sorted themselves out and whilst that seemed true during the first few months over the season the likes of Arsenal have once again went right off the boil, the Gunners last result was a 2-1 home loss to the mighty Hull City...

We are going well in the FA Cup, easing past Rochdale and Huddersfield to set up a fifth round date with West Ham at WHL. The Hammers are struggling so I am anticipating a safe passage to the quarter finals (touch wood). :D

We finished second in our Champions League group, level on points with Barcelona who we beat 2-1 at White Hart Lane in one of the most memorable nights the club have had for years. Bayern Munich are our opponents in the first knock out round though, the first leg is at home so we have to try and make sure we take a lead to the Allianz, not feeling too confident of our chances however!

150px-RC_Lens_logo.svg.png

evKKTmN.png

Pre season wrapped up, happy with it, we should have beaten Pisa, but has goal controversy disallowed.

YEfxV3M.png

Bloody terrible, conceded 2 goals from header and shot from set pieces :( Good thing it was friendly!

Our wage budget is in poor state :(. We're 4K over as has to sign pretty much around 7 players from first team and few from reserves/youngsters on new contract with new wages. Brought in Kojic from FK Partizan for 350K.

Sold Pierrick Valdivia to Nice for 300K.

Had a few moves ahead of the 2nd season, love that the main window closes before the season starts.

ee3a76e12d0d6f2474a47d8b22dd9ef7.png

Of note here, is the sale of my first signing Faupala, massive money and he wanted to leave. He now faffs about Gala's reserves. Good choice kid. I believe my "next Les Ferdinand" is going to be the better player anyway.

The Costa Rican regen Leonardo Ruiz becomes the clubs biggest ever transfer, by about 100k. At 18 he already has a lot of the key CB attributes, all I need do is pump up his Positioning.

In my own intake, I got a potentially tidy winger, and an English CB that looks a proper prospect, touted as the next Tony Adams.

Hmmm, just had a look to see how Mandé is getting on towards the end of his first season for AJ Auxerre(it's May now). He's grown a tad, and still looks a good keeper to me, but they've conformed relegation, he's shipped 40 in 26 games, and is transfer listed. Though their finances are in the pot and he's the top earner, so I believe he's listed for financial reasons.

So Musacchio's latest contribution to the team was to score a calamitous own goal against Bayern at White Hart Lane. Seriously considering cutting my losses on this clown in the Summer and selling him. Fazio and Balanta are my preferred CB pairing but the former wasn't 100% fit for the match against the Germans. Harry Kane equalised on the stroke of half time but despite battering Bayern for the second half we could only draw 1-1 meaning we are probably going out.

Eased past West Ham 1-0 in the FA Cup to set up a quarter final trip to Arsenal. I always seem to get unkind away draws in the domestic cups.

Things are looking good in the league though as the teams under us keep slipping up, Chelsea just lost 2-1 at home to Watford meaning we could go 9 points clear if we beat Burnley.

August 2014

4MLT9zX.png

Pretty happy with our start, with 2 wins from 4. Disappointed with our loss to Nantes, as we was attacking and then their keeper booted it down the pitch and scored both times from Ismaël Bangoura, in last 20 mins :(

We dominated against Guingamp, but just couldn't score more than 1 goal. Nomenjanahary, got us the winner after smashing the ball from centre of the box on 47th minutes.

Well, we made it easy for them as Bourigeaud gifted two goals from his mistakes. We got destroyed by Traore who is on loan from Barca :(

Deciced to go for 4-5-1 (5 across the midfield) against Stade de Reims. And we played really well and Kantari, covnerting Nomenjanahary's cross and Gbamin scoring from set pieces as Kojic's free kick went toward the far post and Gbamin tapped it in. Thomas Delaine, got us our third goal, with a header from Baal's cross.

Ligue 1 table

xMPu5HL.png

Transfers

du9UcUE.png

Forgot to mention other 2 players I have brought in. Both was brought in as back up.

Sold Adamo Coulibaly to Tours FC for 47K. Couldn't get to sell him for decent money so I had to sell him way below his value. But now we are 5K under wage budget.

August 2014

4MLT9zX.png

Pretty happy with our start, with 2 wins from 4. Disappointed with our loss to Nantes, as we was attacking and then their keeper booted it down the pitch and scored both times from Ismaël Bangoura, in last 20 mins :(

We dominated against Guingamp, but just couldn't score more than 1 goal. Nomenjanahary, got us the winner after smashing the ball from centre of the box on 47th minutes.

Well, we made it easy for them as Bourigeaud gifted two goals from his mistakes. We got destroyed by Traore who is on loan from Barca :(

Deciced to go for 4-5-1 (5 across the midfield) against Stade de Reims. And we played really well and Kantari, covnerting Nomenjanahary's cross and Gbamin scoring from set pieces as Kojic's free kick went toward the far post and Gbamin tapped it in. Thomas Delaine, got us our third goal, with a header from Baal's cross.

Ligue 1 table

xMPu5HL.png

Transfers

du9UcUE.png

Forgot to mention other 2 players I have brought in. Both was brought in as back up.

Sold Adamo Coulibaly to Tours FC for 47K. Couldn't get to sell him for decent money so I had to sell him way below his value. But now we are 5K under wage budget.

That is great safcrhys, nice to clinch it at their ground.:)

Now this is steering me further towards doing a Spurs game.

With Lamela, Eriksen and Kane I probably have the best attacking triangle in the league, they become brilliant after only a couple of years.

John1, interesting choice of team. If I remember correctly Lens had a very good team in the early 2000's!

crest-2006.jpg

Spurs 2015/16 Review

After our brush with glory the previous year, it was time to start trimming the squad of players who weren't good enough to take us where we want to go in the future, it was also imperative to get rid of personnel such as Adebayor whose poor attitude was bring down the squad harmony. In the end we made £48m from player sales. Out went Capoue (Hull £8m), Walker (Man City £8m), Adebayor (Moscow £2.5m), Chirices (Monaco £8m), Stambouli (Fiorentina £8m), Danny Rose (Burnley £8m) and a clutch of other players for lesser fees, loans and free transfers. Co-incidentally Lewis Holtby's £4.8m transfer to Hamburg was out of my control, but that didn't stop the board telling me that his sale was a poor piece of judgement by ME during every monthly review between August and May. :rolleyes:

We made four key signings. Moussa Sissoko arrived from Newcastle for £12.5m and he proved to be a beast when he was fit, which was rarely unfortunately. Musacchio arrived from Villareal for £20m, one of the worst pieces of business I have ever done on this game, I hope he sorts himself out next season. Alex Sandro arrived from Porto for £9m and slotted straight in at left back whilst promising young forward Leo Baptistao arrived from Atletico Madrid for £3.6m as we were short up front with only Harry Kane and Soldado on the books following the sale of Adebayor.

In the league we started off slowly but once again after Xmas we went on a fantastic unbeaten run, our only loss in the league in 2016 was a 2-0 home defeat to Man Utd in January. We recorded some great wins on our way to the title, including beating Arsenal 3-0 at WHL and doing the double over Liverpool. We also remain unbeaten against Man City, beating them 3-1 at the Lane before a 3-3 draw at the Etihad later on in the season. The title was wrapped up with a few games to spare against Arsenal of all teams as we secured the draw needed to hand us our first title since 1961 at the Emirates on St George's Day. The last day of the season saw us wallop Stoke 4-1 as we got to celebrate our fantastic achievement with the supporters after another fine performance.

In the domestic cups it wasn't so rosy. Our defence of the Capital One Cup ended at the first attempt with a horrific loss at bottom of the Championship Doncaster. We fared slightly better in the FA Cup but we lost in the quarter final to Arsenal at the Emirates, a horrific 5-1 capitulation! :(

In Europe we made it to the first knock out round after finishing second in our group. We even managed to beat Barcelona 2-1 at White Hart Lane in the group phase. Our participation came to an end against Bayern. We drew the first leg 1-1 at WHL but were put to the sword 3-0 at the Allianz in an even game.

Next year the challenge is to keep developing this fantastic young team, we have already secured the services of Kranevitter, who is arriving on a free transfer from River Plate and he will provide some excellent competition for his compatriot Lucas Romero in defensive midfield. I would like to win the FA Cup and go a bit further in Europe if we can.

e1yfp.jpg

11to9zd.jpg

That was rubbish, been sacked by Lens in November :( forgot to apply unsackeable option into the game, 2nd bottom in the league, just cannot win a game ffs, 3 wins out of 15 games. Defence is utterly pathetic and we always, always concede straight away whenever we score.

Started new game with PSV instead.

crest-2006.jpg

Spurs 2015/16 Review

After our brush with glory the previous year, it was time to start trimming the squad of players who weren't good enough to take us where we want to go in the future, it was also imperative to get rid of personnel such as Adebayor whose poor attitude was bring down the squad harmony. In the end we made £48m from player sales. Out went Capoue (Hull £8m), Walker (Man City £8m), Adebayor (Moscow £2.5m), Chirices (Monaco £8m), Stambouli (Fiorentina £8m), Danny Rose (Burnley £8m) and a clutch of other players for lesser fees, loans and free transfers. Co-incidentally Lewis Holtby's £4.8m transfer to Hamburg was out of my control, but that didn't stop the board telling me that his sale was a poor piece of judgement by ME during every monthly review between August and May. :rolleyes:

We made four key signings. Moussa Sissoko arrived from Newcastle for £12.5m and he proved to be a beast when he was fit, which was rarely unfortunately. Musacchio arrived from Villareal for £20m, one of the worst pieces of business I have ever done on this game, I hope he sorts himself out next season. Alex Sandro arrived from Porto for £9m and slotted straight in at left back whilst promising young forward Leo Baptistao arrived from Atletico Madrid for £3.6m as we were short up front with only Harry Kane and Soldado on the books following the sale of Adebayor.

In the league we started off slowly but once again after Xmas we went on a fantastic unbeaten run, our only loss in the league in 2016 was a 2-0 home defeat to Man Utd in January. We recorded some great wins on our way to the title, including beating Arsenal 3-0 at WHL and doing the double over Liverpool. We also remain unbeaten against Man City, beating them 3-1 at the Lane before a 3-3 draw at the Etihad later on in the season. The title was wrapped up with a few games to spare against Arsenal of all teams as we secured the draw needed to hand us our first title since 1961 at the Emirates on St George's Day. The last day of the season saw us wallop Stoke 4-1 as we got to celebrate our fantastic achievement with the supporters after another fine performance.

In the domestic cups it wasn't so rosy. Our defence of the Capital One Cup ended at the first attempt with a horrific loss at bottom of the Championship Doncaster. We fared slightly better in the FA Cup but we lost in the quarter final to Arsenal at the Emirates, a horrific 5-1 capitulation! :(

In Europe we made it to the first knock out round after finishing second in our group. We even managed to beat Barcelona 2-1 at White Hart Lane in the group phase. Our participation came to an end against Bayern. We drew the first leg 1-1 at WHL but were put to the sword 3-0 at the Allianz in an even game.

Next year the challenge is to keep developing this fantastic young team, we have already secured the services of Kranevitter, who is arriving on a free transfer from River Plate and he will provide some excellent competition for his compatriot Lucas Romero in defensive midfield. I would like to win the FA Cup and go a bit further in Europe if we can.

e1yfp.jpg

11to9zd.jpg

Congrats on winning the league :cool: No surprise to see Arsenal struggled :(

Got a bit sick of injuries and small budgets at Chesterfield, so I resigned and hoped for a better offer. Fast forward a few months, and I'm in charge at Sunderland. Still in league 1 though, but a massive 49,000 seater stadium and excellent training facilites.

Now, if only my new lads could start hitting the target instead of everything else. 20+ shots each game and only a few (3-5) on goal... I have assigned PI's of "shoot less" to most of them and the TI "work ball into box", but still they insist on firing shots from outside the box. #¤%£&@$!!!!

Got a bit sick of injuries and small budgets at Chesterfield, so I resigned and hoped for a better offer. Fast forward a few months, and I'm in charge at Sunderland. Still in league 1 though, but a massive 49,000 seater stadium and excellent training facilites.

Now, if only my new lads could start hitting the target instead of everything else. 20+ shots each game and only a few (3-5) on goal... I have assigned PI's of "shoot less" to most of them and the TI "work ball into box", but still they insist on firing shots from outside the box. #¤%£&@$!!!!

Sunderland in league one? Sounds Iike a good challenge!

Indeed.

I support Newcastle IRL, so my manager alter ego also has Newcastle as favourite club. The first question I had to answer as Sunderland boss was one about this, something about it being a bit unnatural for a Newcastle fan to take the job at Sunderland, and the supporters being concerned. It made me chuckle. "Nonsense, I am a professional" I answered, while keeping my plan of relegating them as far as possible quietly to myself... :lol:

Nah, I'll try to do my best. I won the first three, but then lost the next two. Currently 7th or 8th, right outside the playoffs anyway and about 15 games left. I'm not too worried.

Not doing too badly, dropped my 100% record with two draws in a row, made it to the Champions Playoff in the CL, drew Celtic, so that's Europe likely over for me.

Had a few players on the 'ol watch list, waiting until I had a few mil to spend, which I do now, and all of them are one new contracts and will take multiple millions to buy. Feck.

I did manage to land John Hou Saeter and Vajebah Sakor.

Indeed.

I support Newcastle IRL, so my manager alter ego also has Newcastle as favourite club. The first question I had to answer as Sunderland boss was one about this, something about it being a bit unnatural for a Newcastle fan to take the job at Sunderland, and the supporters being concerned. It made me chuckle. "Nonsense, I am a professional" I answered, while keeping my plan of relegating them as far as possible quietly to myself... :lol:

Nah, I'll try to do my best. I won the first three, but then lost the next two. Currently 7th or 8th, right outside the playoffs anyway and about 15 games left. I'm not too worried.

Good luck with Sunderland :D

Not doing too badly, dropped my 100% record with two draws in a row, made it to the Champions Playoff in the CL, drew Celtic, so that's Europe likely over for me.

Had a few players on the 'ol watch list, waiting until I had a few mil to spend, which I do now, and all of them are one new contracts and will take multiple millions to buy. Feck.

I did manage to land John Hou Saeter and Vajebah Sakor.

Hope you can upset the odds and beat them :cool:

Indeed.

Fair play, I couldn't bring myself to manage Newcastle no matter what division they were in!

Re-signed Luka Modric for Spurs to go along with Kranevitter coming in. We have such a good team now.

Hope you can upset the odds and beat them :cool:

I doubt our chances, but a strongly disciplined performance, a home clean sheet, and it could be possible.

On the transfers front, on the Norwegian mid season deadline day(early/mid August), I picked up Cristian Benavente, a young Peruvian AMC who can play across the line, or even at wide mid and striker at a push, on a free, ex-Real Madrid academy and he's still only just 22.

He's a pretty slow playmaker, and the position most available is RW, where I usually play a winger. Tried him as a wide AP(s) though, and I really liked what I saw.

Fair play, I couldn't bring myself to manage Newcastle no matter what division they were in!

Re-signed Luka Modric for Spurs to go along with Kranevitter coming in. We have such a good team now.

How much did you sign Luka Modric for?

• Administrators

So I've finished my first season at Barcelona and it all started off very badly.

We lost the Euro Super Cup to Inter 3-1, and the first game of the season at home to Valencia, 3-2. We won the next one barely 2-1 away to Sociedad. The lack of convincing displays convinced me to spend big. We'd already spent £38Million on a defender I had managed at Cruzeiro and was now at Zenit. But I needed one more player that I could rely on.

67kENtO.png

Signed for £100 Million on Transfer Deadline Day (up front cash), and my season turned around. 50 goals, 30 assists in 50 appearances for the club, Best Player in Europe for the first time, won Best Player in Spain and was runner-up for Best Signing of the Year which I was surprised at given the fee involved. Well worth the money for me, having previously managed him at Cruzeiro and Colo Colo.

The team was quite literally built around him, switching from a Shadow Striker to Complete Forward during matches to keep him a constant threat. Made him captain immediately which annoyed some of my players but they soon stopped complaining. Fans took to him quickly too, was on favoured personnel after a month or so.

Came away from the season with everything expected of me (league two games to spare) and huge debt (-£50 Million), but I thought the story of him was one I was quite proud of, having managed him twice before. You can't beat a signing you have first hand knowledge of how they play. Copa America did not go well, last Copa America we reached the finals only to lose to Argentina, and this time we lost to Argentina too, albeit in the Quarter Finals :( Soto Soto was knackered by the time the tournament came around and didn't impress despite employing similar tactics. Still in charge there and I'm going to give World Cup qualification another go with them.

Second season is going okay, though I have lost a couple of away games already :( but will keep going. Hoping to have some fun trying to make a legend out of this guy and generate my son after this season I'm playing hopefully. Will finish up my 4 year contract before moving on to South Africa, but it has been fun so far trying to make sure I out-do Real Madrid. Enjoy playing in Spain a lot, with Real so strong there's always a good challenge there, especially considering I need to be frugal with transfer spend now considering the bank balance.

Edit:

Development of Soto Soto:

His debut vs me, 7.1 rating:

qmvle3J.png

When I took over Colo Colo...

4VVkwoD.png

When I left for Cruzeiro (now accomplished at ST):

BlCoURQ.png

When I left Cruzeiro for NYCFC (now natural at ST):

jaxffC1.png

How the heck is Adu four stars?

He is actually my best player. :D

1.jpg

2 years in a row he was USA player of the year, won the 2015 Comeback Player of the year, MVP for 2015, broke the record for the fastest goal scored (12 seconds), and the best thing is I got him for free. :D

I decided to move on from this save, finances were a mess, I was only getting 5% of transfers, wage budget was -66k p/w and they refused to give me any money.

1.jpg

Done with Castilla, I promoted them back to Liga Adelante, resigned and took over Hannover as they got relegated to Bundesliga 2. Gonna try and promote them back to Bundesliga, which shouldn't be hard as they've have a great team. Plan is to never stay more then one season at the team as I've loaded a bunch of leagues.

Archived