Has anyone successfully created a new nation in FM15's editor?

bigwoody

Having serious issues with crashes, and wondering if it's a problem for everyone of just me.

I renamed CIS, out it in Europe, and put a team in that new nation (as based nation), playing in Spain.

Doing this appears to be enough to crash any new game I try to make, and even crashes the "Test Competitions" action in the editor. I'm about 90% sure everything is configured correctly! following the same process I used in FM14.

What about everyone else? Has anyone been able to do this successfully? Any tips if you have?

I'm also creating a new nation, if you want we can can discuss about it. I am having other problems. But basically I already finished, I am having problems to make more complex the structure and rules

Did you have game crash problems? If not, what platform are you on?

Is there a post in that thread where someone found the editor crashing problem and got around it? I feel like, again, I did everything right in the same way I did for FM14...

as I posted in the PGE feedback thread, I can regularly get crashes on Feb 1

basically all I change is Upper Volta to be in Europe (yes, happens even if I make Crimea continentless alongside)

think it's a bug

Did you follow my guides?

I logged a "bug" effort here, which (if true) has basically made ALL regional db's obsolete (in that you can't create a new nation)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406915-Edited-nation-causes-crash

if you have FM15, then please enlighten me

edit: you can however, take over a nation (like Crimea) and go from there

I logged a "bug" effort here, which (if true) has basically made ALL regional db's obsolete (in that you can't create a new nation)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/406915-Edited-nation-causes-crash

if you have FM15, then please enlighten me

edit: you can however, take over a nation (like Crimea) and go from there

So Crimea is pre-loaded Europe? Are there any Crimean players or leagues I need to account for?

So Crimea is pre-loaded Europe? Are there any Crimean players or leagues I need to account for?

yes, Crimea is pre-loaded as "Europe" in the continent

There aren't any Crimean players (even with a 2nd nationality) in the database

League-wise, there IS a Crimean league, but it's not attached to Crimea (and the squads in it are completely blank)

So you can take it over relatively unhindered,

but the clubs don't qualify for Continental football (at least in my 9 team test league) - maybe me more than anything (set all coefficients as 0.1 - want the winners in the Europa League)

international duty wise - it might as well not exist, the nation isn't selectable, even though it has a ranking (0 points, same as San Marino)

edit: also, because of the current cities in Crimea, most of the regens have Ukrainian sounding names (unless you get rid of them all ofc)

All that stuff about Crimea would make me want to use it less. I have tried and tested CIS over many years now and had no issues. I need a good reason to change!

I can't get CIS (or any other nation) to work (see link above)

Do you have any tips? (yes, I've tried) - I've read your guide, but may have missed something crucial

or if you want to upload your regional DB to the workshop (that works), then I can take a look around and edit

much appreciated if you do

yes, Crimea is pre-loaded as "Europe" in the continent

There aren't any Crimean players (even with a 2nd nationality) in the database

League-wise, there IS a Crimean league, but it's not attached to Crimea (and the squads in it are completely blank)

So you can take it over relatively unhindered,

but the clubs don't qualify for Continental football (at least in my 9 team test league) - maybe me more than anything (set all coefficients as 0.1 - want the winners in the Europa League)

international duty wise - it might as well not exist, the nation isn't selectable, even though it has a ranking (0 points, same as San Marino)

edit: also, because of the current cities in Crimea, most of the regens have Ukrainian sounding names (unless you get rid of them all ofc)

I think I can work with that. Thanks!

slight notes:

the nation's first EVER fixture is in the Nations League (first game date Sep 2018) - unless you take it over (you have 4 years to get regen creating)

a youth rating of 143 (and 9 clubs, 20 in everything except youth recruitment) gave me a ranking of mid-50s after those games (2 games each vs Hungary, Georgia and Latvia - 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss were the results)

the transfer fees seem a little low, but maybe just my settings (some talent moved to Real Madrid for 4k)

foreign players complain about "lack of competition" - but I did set a strict foreigner guideline (9 foreigners per squad, 5 non-EU)

you can mass remove ALL ties to present Crimea (mass delete) and it's fine

my settings - 1 city, 20m people, set in the middle of the sea (lat 49.5, lon -9)

holiday sim worked as far as 2019

slight notes:

the nation's first EVER fixture is in the Nations League (first game date Sep 2018) - unless you take it over (you have 4 years to get regen creating)

a youth rating of 143 (and 9 clubs, 20 in everything except youth recruitment) gave me a ranking of mid-50s after those games (2 games each vs Hungary, Georgia and Latvia - 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss were the results)

the transfer fees seem a little low, but maybe just my settings (some talent moved to Real Madrid for 4k)

foreign players complain about "lack of competition" - but I did set a strict foreigner guideline (9 foreigners per squad, 5 non-EU)

you can mass remove ALL ties to present Crimea (mass delete) and it's fine

my settings - 1 city, 20m people, set in the middle of the sea (lat 49.5, lon -9)

holiday sim worked as far as 2019

Could you just edit it like you would CIS to make it function like any other nation?

Could you just edit it like you would CIS to make it function like any other nation?

yeah, it's similar to editing CIS/Ireland/UpperVolta as the previous FMs

like listed above though, if you use them though, then it causes CrashDumps if you add another nation to Europe (yes, even if you take Crimea out of it)

I was just running a holiday save,

but you can take over the nation and create friendlies (their first competitive game is Sep 2018) straight away

Same thing, It crashes. Probably like sevestra said, It's about Europe's problem. SI should solve that.

I recall this happening before, was not fixed until March in 2012 or 11, I have been making databases for too long! (since 2006?)

EDIT:

IIRC all nations from extinct nations crashed on the same day, eveyone who made one! It was a dark time for regional database editors.

EDIT II:

Might have even been back in 2010... I REALLY have been doing this too long.

As I posted in #11, it seems to be the way with ALL defunct nations into Europe (yes, even if you take Crimea out)

I've logged it with SI (under that link) and have provided a FMF

Thanks! I'd encourage anyone else with this issue to log bugs as well.

So is this a problem that everyone is getting, as I still haven't experienced this issue, but am wondering if this is because I imported my files from FM14? Also I should add I haven't yet implemented the work around so we can change continent, as this being a direct import was selected for me already.

Made a comment in another thread but may as well through it in the mix.

Activating Crimea is fine but you want have them compete in any major competition, just European Nations League.

Editing any defunct nation will result in a crash dumps upon creating a new career.

In my experience anyway.

So is this a problem that everyone is getting, as I still haven't experienced this issue, but am wondering if this is because I imported my files from FM14? Also I should add I haven't yet implemented the work around so we can change continent, as this being a direct import was selected for me already.

I made my file from scratch in FM15 and have this problem. So, no.

I even tried taking out Crimea from Europe and place my Pre-1922 Ireland based nation, but It still crashes.

I'll try changing to Asia or other continents later.

IMPORTANT NOTES

IF you take Crimea out of Europe, it WILL crash when you put the new nation in

Solution: Using a different nation (making Kazakhstan [or whatever, just not Crimea] continent-less) and then putting in a defunct nation will cause it to work

I have updated my bugs post with this information

Thanks Oguz!

Apologies for asking a question that will probably have been answered above (I'm having a thick moment) but if I create a new nation that I don't want involved in international matches, and don't want involved in continental club competition, would replacing Crimea work? I tried creating a new nation on FM14, but used Yugoslavia - tried loading it yesterday and it crashed, so guess I was having the same issue mentioned earlier. Planned on starting things again anyway, so happy to use Crimea if that will give me what I want

Apologies for asking a question that will probably have been answered above (I'm having a thick moment) but if I create a new nation that I don't want involved in international matches, and don't want involved in continental club competition, would replacing Crimea work? I tried creating a new nation on FM14, but used Yugoslavia - tried loading it yesterday and it crashed, so guess I was having the same issue mentioned earlier. Planned on starting things again anyway, so happy to use Crimea if that will give me what I want

DO NOT replace Crimea, just edit it (otherwise you will cause crash dumps)

fortunately, you can delete all cities and clubs in Crimea (they're blank anyway) to create your own

and the ONLY fixtures that Crimea play are in the "European nations league, which run every 2 years from 2018 (and it's a pain to manage, there's no national pool, no clubs to view [so unless you're aware of the club names you've created, good luck])

SI are aware of the "Crimea issue" now

If you want something more like current nations, then you can use CIS/UpperVolta/Whatever and kick out an already-European nation (do NOT remove Crimea)

Another question regarding this. I've edited Crimea to add my new custom nation, but this wasn't the best solution for me, as my initial thoughts were to create six distinct nations (a lot of things would work better). Instead I created the one, and added everything to that. all good, and my structure worked fine.

As a few tests, I thought about using a sort of England/Wales model, where all competitions are stored as this parent nation, but all clubs and cities hold the actual country. The clubs are, however, still competing in competitions under the banner of the parent country.

I tried changing a few of the old African/Asian countries, but got crash dumps on loading. Are there any other "safe" countries to edit that aren't Crimea?

EDIT: Tried it again, this time just editing the nations that had a region assigned, and *touch wood* seems OK at the moment.

EDIT2: Changed over all my clubs and cities to the correct nations, and it loaded up fine. First I tried without adding players to playable teams (a mistake) and it looked ok, although I only checked one club. I then reloaded with adding players to playable teams and now we have the majority of players holding the "parent" nationality (not what I wanted, but grudgingly ok) and the rest holding French nationality (baffling to be honest). Dontcha just love editing?

After the new update, I look into "Crimea issue" about my newly created/replaced nation on CIS (Without remove or change Crimea's continent) but I saw that "Crimea issue" is still ongoing.

Edit after changing Crimea's continent : It still crashes.

Thank you for doing nothing SI.

• 2 weeks later...
After the new update, I look into "Crimea issue" about my newly created/replaced nation on CIS (Without remove or change Crimea's continent) but I saw that "Crimea issue" is still ongoing.

Edit after changing Crimea's continent : It still crashes.

Thank you for doing nothing SI.

This "Crimea bug" is solved after today's update.

This is sad if our CIS nations don't work in 15, I hope FM16 has creatable nations.

So many plans, glad I didn't buy the game this year, will be enjoying my Grimsby save for a long time I think

Think the only way is to move a team over than Crimea out of Europe, so the custom CIS replaces them instead. Say putting Kazakhstan in Asia then the custom CIS in Europe.

So I changed Crimea's continent, replacing them with another nation added into Europe, but that seems to completely destroy the European Championship qualifiers with none taking place whatsoever. Such a massive pain in the arse this year.

I don't suppose making the nation a non fifa member gets around that?

I tried to create my new 8 nations, replacing the non-continent nations in the editor like you used to in FM14. Set them all to Asia, and watched as every single one of them crashed on the same day. Yay!

Honestly, are there any countries in the current db that are safe to replace and turn into a new country?

Archived