rancer890

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOL.

Defensive breakdown, much?

Not sure if you can consider that game by Happy Valley 'defense'. :D

I'm impressed by the 31 goals you conceded in the ACL. Spectacular :D

It takes a certain amount of skill (or lack of skill) to concede 31. I didn't even do much to lose a 9-1 game. :D

TYCOONS

December 18, 2018: SC Heerenveen (Netherlands)

2018/19 - The season still isn't complete, but they're only midtable in the Eredivisie. They did spend money on one player (Rubio Rubin) for $5.75 million and paying him $550,000 a season.

May 31, 2019: Ast. Tripolis (Greece)

Second tycoon domino falls as a Greek club gets a tycoon from Romania.

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2018/19 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League Youth Intake

Another year, another solid intake (not a great one, but any talent helps). And this time we got some CBs, but great ones mind. But something is better than nothing.

Youth Intake

YP5a - DM Ching Wing Kin - Pick of the bunch isn't all that good. But he's still very young.

YP5b - ST Ng Tsz Kit - Could be part of our ST rotation if he makes good progress in a couple seasons.

YP5c - DC Cheung Chi Wai - I can see him joining our first team very quickly.

YP5d - AMC Leung Tsz Chun - Very raw, but could turn into something down the road.

YP5e - DL Ho Fai Lung - Could be a darkhorse candidate to get into the first team quickly

YP5f - DL Ho Chun Kwong - Same with this LB.

YP5g - DR Liu Tsz Kei

YP5h - DC Tong Wai Man

YP5i - ML Tse Ting Pong - Finally got a LM. Fits well within my tactics as well.

YP5j - DC Cheng Man Kit

We got a lot of defensive prospects, which helps.

Do you struggle much financially in Hong Kong?

Not really even with the debt. :)

Our board usually invests some of his money into the club if we're losing too much money. During the season we can lose up to $100,000 a month with our loans, but I don't feel that our finances are too insecure. Of course, if we miss out on Asia, it could potentially be disastrous. And even by next season we will have a new stadium with around 3x capacity so money wise I'm not worried. I'm controlling what I can control (wages and scouting costs) efficiently IMO.

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2018/19 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - Hong Kong

Overall Competitions

Standings | Fixtures | Past Positions

We were awful this season. Our players were the best in the league but we couldn't win a league title. You cannot lose 5 games and expect to win a league title in HK.

AFC Champions League/AFC Cup

We didn't give up 33 goals in the Group Stage at least. Improvement! :lol:

Hong Kong FA Cup/Canbo Senior Challenge Shield

We made both cup finals. We lost in the Senior Challenge Shield, but at least we won the FA Cup but I'm not sure if we qualify for the AFC Cup because...

AFC Cup Qualification Playoff

I hate Tai Po. We shouldn't have lost this game. Summed up the crap season.

Squad | Transfers

Solid squad, but we got a leaky defense. Our defense is a major problem now. Sean Roner went undrafted in 2018 MLS drafts and is a former Chivas USA (or LA FC :D) academy player.

Starting XI:

GK - Leung Hing Kit

DR - Choi Man Ho (YP2a) | Lu Jianjun

DC - Sean Roner | Fung Chi Ho (YP1g)

DC - Jung Sung-Min

DL - Li Ngai Hoi

DM - Choi Chun Yeung (YP3f)

MR - Nen

ML - Chuck Yiu Kwok

AMC - Chow Chi Shing (YP3d) | Bujica

ST - Tsang Tsz Chung (YP3a)

ST - Jaimes McKee

Tsang and McKee were an awesome strikeforce this season. And then we got a big surprise from Chow who replaced Bujica when he got injured (again). Defense is a bit better with Roner, but it's still very very leaky...

Awards:

4 straight seasons for Nen!!!!

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

Money will hopefully improve with stadium revenue from increased attendance and some cutting of wages.

Goals and Observations:

• Clearly my objective of going undefeated in the league didn't work. 2nd is a good spot, but I rather win the league. And that will still be our goal next season
  • I was considering leaving the club from our poor start, but we did well in the 2nd half and we had a decent performance in the AFC Cup. And of course there's the new stadium opening so I want to stay. I still don't like that I don't have any coaching badges...but I'll worry about that later.
  • Was a bit tense, but I got offered a new contract, which I accepted with a $5k increase. It's also a nice touch that Sean Roner like that I signed a new contract. This might be my last contract signed here unless we can win the league and dominate our opponents in our games.
  • I'm going to clear at least one foreign spot (Lu Jianjin) and maybe two (Bujica) - although I do have a 1-year team option on the latter, which I'm 75% sure I will exercise anyways (extra depth doesn't hurt and we can afford his wages). I'm still looking for another foreigner but if I can't find one I won't be too fussed.
  • Can't wait for our new stadium! But we might get screwed financially without Asian football.

Career Summary:

2014 - Sarawak FA (Astro Liga Super Malaysia) - 5th place, resigned

2014/15 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 5th place, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Cup Qualification Playoff winners

2015/16 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, AFC Champions League qualification

2016/17 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2017/18 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2018/19 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, HKFA Cup winners

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2018/19 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - Youth Player Project

2016/17 Intake

Tsang Tsz Chung (ST)

Nationality: Hong Kong

Date of Birth: May 31, 2002

Place of Birth: Hong Kong

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with ball down right

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

Stats:

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Biu Chun Rangers[/TD]

[TD]HK Premier League[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]24 (2)[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.42[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]65 (2)[/TD]

[TD]48[/TD]

[TD]22[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Notes: A breakout season for a player who's only 16 years old!!! He was one goal away from cracking the 30 goal barrier. Always positive to see an increase in attributes as well (+1 Technique, +1 Leadership, +1 Agility), although with our poor facilities, it's always going to be tough to improve drastically in some attributes.

What is the quality of players like over there in general? Reason I ask is Hong Kong can help in my save with foreigners :D

They're pretty good in FM15 compared to other FMs. :D

It'll be hard to fill your team with really good HK players though. Even Tsang at best can be a good CSL striker on a mid-table club. If you're going for the CSL title, best to stick with Chinese players and compliment with some really good foreigners.

Good stuff so far and Nen is absolutely dominating the league!

Good luck for the season ahead mate :)

Cheers Becks!

Nen is by far the best player in the HK league. I don't think anyone has anywhere near the technical talent that he has. :)

Would love to keep him as long as I can at the club, but his wage demands keep going up (and for good reason!).

Ghana_FA.png

Ghana - July 7, 2019

It's been a while since I ventured into international management, so I'm not sure what to expect this season. But having been passed on the Canadian job (again), I was itching to get into management and prove myself on the international stage. I will still keep my job with Biu Chun in the meantime, although if anything bad happens in Hong Kong, I'll still have a job with Ghana. Unless I feck both of them. Then I'll be unemployed. :D

This could be very long stay or a short stay. I didn't go into international management in FM14 so at least it'll be different. It's an unique opportunity to manage the 30th best national team in the world.

Job offer

Job acceptance

Key Players:

Afriyle Acquah

Daniel Amartey

Emmanuel Badu

Majeed Warls

Richmond Boakye

Young Prospects:

Baba Mensah

Eugene Frimpong

James Osel-Kwadwo

Badu is a brilliant player. Always have to be wary of him when I play against Udinese - he's so dangerous in midfield. His long shooting in particular is really good, even though he only has a rating of 11.

e: Majeed Waris is a total pain in the arse too. Didn't realise he was Ghanaian though!

Wow. You got the Ghana job, but not the Canada one? Weird.

When Canada relieved their former manager, I didn't even have a chance to apply for it. They just took someone else a day later. I just applied for Ghana for the heck of it. :D

Badu is a brilliant player. Always have to be wary of him when I play against Udinese - he's so dangerous in midfield. His long shooting in particular is really good, even though he only has a rating of 11.

e: Majeed Waris is a total pain in the arse too. Didn't realise he was Ghanaian though!

Good to see there's some good talent here! I don't know much about Ghanaian players, but I'm going to send the coaches around to scout!

Well that's one way to get some coaching badges. :D

That's one way of putting it getting the job. Although I don't even know if I can get badges while with a national team. :D

Bit of an iffy season :D

Shame about the coaching badge debacle too; strange how you never completed it :confused: A good show with Ghana, though, and everyone will soon be after you (in a good way :D).

It's probably the weirdest season I've been a part of. Our players dominated the league with individual statistics but as a team we were horrible. :D

I think I can't get it because of our debt (the financial excuse the board gives me), but I'll just keep asking. Ghana has been fun, although I only arranged some cupcake friendlies. :D

Next year there's WCQ for the 2022 World Cup, so things should get more competitive next year. :)

Ghana_FA.png

Ghana - 2019 Season

Games (all friendlies):

October 11 - @ Algeria - W 3-1

October 15 - @ Liechtenstein - W 3-1

November 15 - vs Equatorial Guinea - W 7-2

November 19 - vs Slovakia - D 2-2

Best Eleven

Key Players:

Bernard Bawa

Emmanuel Badu

Eugene Frimpong

Isaac Cofie

Majeed Waris

Rashid Sumalia

Looking Ahead

CAF World Cup Qualifiers

It's going to be more experimentation for the 2020 season with Ghana.

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2019/20 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League Youth Intake

Not a lot of named YPs this intake actually - that's a good thing. That means the quality of players we have is much better than before.

Youth Intake

No good CBs of course. :D

YP6a - ST Chau Wai Hong - solid young striker but lacks composure

YP6b - DM Ho Ho Lam - I got rid of a lot of DMs so getting one here is a good thing.

YP6c - AML/ML Kong Chi Kong - Solid youngster but needs a lot of work on passing.

YP6d - MR Sze Kai Leung - Nen is still the starter (obviously), but Sze has the right attributes to succeed.

League rep keeps dropping though. :(

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2019/20 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - Hong Kong

Overall Competitions

It's nice to win all the competitions you participate in. :)

Standings | Fixtures | Past Positions

An amazing league campaign where we were 1 draw and 1 loss away from the perfect season. We had to beat Kitchee on the last game of the season to clinch the title (we would have lost it on H2H).

Hong Kong FA Cup/Canbo Senior Challenge Shield

A fantastic result in the cup competitions as we first won the Senior Shield then the FA Cup later in the season.

AFC Cup Qualification Playoff

Did well in the Playoff, beating South China in a very thrilling encounter.

Squad | Transfers

The only transfer I made was a new GK, thanks to my new Ghanaian connections. :D

Starting XI:

GK - Isaac Diallo

DR - Choi Man Ho (YP2a)

DC - Sean Roner

DC - Jung Sung-Min

DL - Li Ngai Hoi

DM - Choi Chun Yeung (YP3f)

MR - Nen

ML - Chuck Yiu Kwok

AMC - Chow Chi Shing (YP3d) | Bujica

ST - Tsang Tsz Chung (YP3a)

ST - Chan Man Fai (YP3b) | Jaimes McKee

Our defense was much improved thanks to the acquisition of Diallo, and our back four was solid throughout the season. Nen and Kwok were their usual fantastic selves. Chow has taken over Bujica (who I will not re-sign) at AMC, and Chan Man Fai replaced McKee early in the season (due to injury) and he ran with his opportunity with 21 goals, with Tsang having a more balanced approach with goal-scoring and setting up his teammates.

Awards:

• Hong Kong Fans' Player of the Year - Nen (1st place)
  • Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - Chow Chi Shing (YP3d) - 1st place
  • Hong Kong Premier League Best Eleven - Isaac Diallo, Sean Roner, Jung Sung-Min, Chuck Yiu Kwok, Chow Chi Shing (YP3d), Nen | Subs: Chan Man Fai (YP3b), Tsang Tsz Chung (YP3a), Jaimes McKee

Nen's run with the HK PoY is over...

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

It's great to see the new stadium (and we have grass instead of turf!!!!) and we had nearly 2000 fans at our matches per game (+800/game compared to our old stadium).

We may have $1.5 million in the bank, but $1.4 million was spent as Investment this season alone. :D

Goals and Observations:

• Great teamwork to win the league title! Hope for more next season with our return to the AFC Cup.
  • Went to a job interview, but they hired someone else. But I got offered a new contract which I accepted.
  • I didn't think I would have stayed in HK for this long, but I'm having fun here. I'm just waiting for the right situation. :)

Career Summary:

2014 - Sarawak FA (Astro Liga Super Malaysia) - 5th place, resigned

2014/15 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 5th place, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Cup Qualification Playoff winners

2015/16 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, AFC Champions League qualification

2016/17 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2017/18 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2018/19 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, HKFA Cup winners

2019/20 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2019/20 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - Youth Player Project

2016/17 Intake

Tsang Tsz Chung (ST)

Date of Birth: May 31, 2002

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with ball down right

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

Stats:

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]24 (2)[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.42[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]90 (2)[/TD]

[TD]65[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awards:

• Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - 2017/18

Notes: Tsang wasn't going to score 29 goals this season, because we didn't play in any Asian competitions. But rating aside, he became a more well-rounded player and could have scored 20 goals if he didn't get injured for a few games. His key ratings aren't going to go up much because of the poor facilities, but he'll be a great scorer for the club (he won't leave as long as I'm here at least!) for years to come.

===

Chow Chi Shing (AMC)

Date of Birth: March 24, 2002

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile (None)

End of Season 2 - Profile (None)

End of Season 4 - Profile

Stats:

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]4 (4)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.08[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]28 (2)[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.56[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7.94[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]58 (6)[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD]24[/TD]

[TD]10[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awards:

• Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - 2019/20

Notes: Chow followed up his great rookie season with an even better sophomore year. He took the starting spot from Bujica and ran with it. He's a gem of a player for club and country.

The building of new stadiums must be a bug! So many new stadiums all around the saves!

Good thing I got my stadium cancelled then!

Stadiums were a nice reward for being good. Although in my case it seems like we maxed out our capacity (1200) stadium so we kind of did need a new stadium.

Shing's beard is insane for an 18 year old :D

Chow*. Last names first (for Chinese and Koreans).

Every time I look at his beard I always wonder why he grew it. HK is a pretty hot country and Chinese people can't grow beards... :D

Ghana_FA.png

Ghana - 2020 Season

World Ranking: 45th

Games

All of our games were either World Cup qualifiers for the African Cup of Nations qualifiers. We did a very good job, only losing one game (a game we should not have lost). Overall though I'm very happy about our success in the 2020 season.

African Cup of Nations Qualifiers

FIFA World Cup CAF Qualifiers

We easily advanced in the ACN Qualifiers, and now onto the main competition. Here is our group and here is the entire competition.

===

Best Eleven

There are lots of positives in the squad. We've got 3 capable strikers in Waris, Boakye, and Frimpong. Our midfield quartet of Ayew, K-P Boateng, Badu, and Cofie are all very good players, and our defensive four of Rahman, Amartey, Jonathon Mensah, and Baba Mensah are solid at the back. Our goalkeepers Issifu and Antwi are reliable.

I apparently didn't pass the coaching course, so I asked and I'm retaking it again (3rd time now iirc).

Archived