Crazy Canuck on FM15 World Tour: Insert Success (or Failure) Here

rancer890

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glad to hear it's not just me that fails it then!

Oh it's much more creative than that :D

Looking forward to it. Keep promoting Thailand! :D

If you see that Argel F.... guy unemployed, try and sign him please. Or sign whatever newgen has that surname. :p

africa-cup-of-nations-trophy(2).jpg

2021 Africa Cup of Nations - Hosts: Ivory Coast

Group Stage

Knockout Rounds

Games:

GS #1 vs Egypt - W 2-1

GS #2 vs Morocco - D 2-2

GS #3 vs Cameroon - L 2-3

Quarter Final vs Tunisia - W 4-2

Semi Final vs Angola - W 4-2

Final vs Algeria - L 2-2 (2-4 on Penalties)

Overall I think we did a fantastic job considering we were only expected to reach the quarter-finals. This is my squad for the competition.

Awards:

• Best Player - Emmanuel Badu (1st place), Isaac Cofie (3rd place)
  • Golden Boot - Majeed Waris (2nd place)
  • Best Goalkeeper - Eric Antwi (1st place)
  • Top XI - Andre Ayew, Emmanuel Badu, Isaac Cofie, Eric Antwi

Always tough to lose like that in the final :thdn:.

I agree. And we had the lead a couple times too. It sucks.

I do have an interesting offer from Zaragoza. It's interesting because they are in administration. :D

They have a lot of expiring contracts and who knows whether they will stay in the division for next season. They have agreed to delay the decision until after the season. If they are relegated, no way I decide to join the club.

I agree. And we had the lead a couple times too. It sucks.

I do have an interesting offer from Zaragoza. It's interesting because they are in administration. :D

They have a lot of expiring contracts and who knows whether they will stay in the division for next season. They have agreed to delay the decision until after the season. If they are relegated, no way I decide to join the club.

You just wanna join me in Spain 'cause you're missing me in HK right? :D

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2020/21 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League Youth Intake

Another decent intake.

Youth Intake

YP7a - MC Cheng Chun Yu - We don't use CMs, but he could be a decent AMC.

YP7b - DC Cheng Ka Chun - Very solid CB, he might get games in this season.

YP7c - DM Wan Yau Shing - Decent DM. Probably won't make it.

YP7d - AMR/MR Leung Chun Pong - Probably won't make it.

In other news, I got laughed off a vacancy, and we might see another tycoon.

You just wanna join me in Spain 'cause you're missing me in HK right? :D

I just wanna get out of HK. I didn't expect to stay this long.

It won't be with Zaragoza though, they're going down to Segunda B by the looks of it. :D

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2020/21 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League Youth Intake

Youth Intake: Take 2

Youth Intake

YP7a - DC Wong Yat Hin

YP7b - DR/DL Sy Chi Ho

YP7c - ST/AMR Kwok Ka Ho

YP7d - AMR/MR Ng Chun Yu

YP7e - AMC/MC Or Chi Ho

YP7f - ST/AMR Sun Chi Ho

YP7g - DC Li King Lun

YP7h - GK Chan Chun Yu

YP7i - DR Man Ka Lam

I think YP7b can slot into the first team right away. The other guys...not so sure.

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun - 2020/21 BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League - Hong Kong

Overall Competitions

An average season overall, but the league title was good.

Standings | Fixtures | Past Positions

This title was totally undeserved...we were horrible and very inconsistent.

Hong Kong FA Cup/Canbo Senior Challenge Shield

Very bad performance in the cups compared to previous seasons.

AFC Cup Qualification Playoff

I'm not managing in the final.

AFC Cup

One loss was the difference between facing Beijing and facing Yangon United...

Squad | Transfers

We had the same team but it felt weaker than previous years. Selling our Korean CB didn't help.

Starting XI:

GK - Isaac Diallo

DR - Choi Man Ho (YP2a)

DC - Sean Roner

DC - Tong Wai Man (YP5h)

DL - Li Ngai Hoi

DM - Choi Chun Yeung (YP3f)

MR - Nen

ML - Chuck Yiu Kwok

AMC - Chow Chi Shing (YP3d)

ST - Tsang Tsz Chung (YP3a)

ST - Chan Man Fai (YP3b)

Awards:

• Hong Kong Premier League Top Goalscorer - Tsang Tsz Chung (YP3a) - 2nd place
  • Hong Kong Premier League Best Eleven - Isaac Diallo, Sean Roner, Chuck Yiu Kwok, Chow Chi Shing (YP3d), Nen, Tsang Tsz Chung (YP3a) | Subs - Chan Man Fai (YP3b)

Not many individual awards, and frankly our players didn't really deserve any. We weren't that good this past season.

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

The team is relatively healthy with a manageable debt.

Goals and Observations:

• Finally got a new chairman
  • I stopped before the South China game for a reason....

Career Summary:

2014 - Sarawak FA (Astro Liga Super Malaysia) - 5th place, resigned

2014/15 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 5th place, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Cup Qualification Playoff winners

2015/16 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, AFC Champions League qualification

2016/17 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2017/18 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2018/19 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, HKFA Cup winners

2019/20 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners

2020/21 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners

HK_Rangers.jpg

Ricky Nakano leaves Biu Chun

May 26, 2021

HONG KONG - In an emotional press conference, manager Ricky Nakano has announced his resignation from Biu Chun with immediate effect.

"I'm very saddened to the leave this club," a teary-eyed Nakano stated to the Hong Kong press, "I've been here for a very long time, and I'm very happy we won so many trophies with the players I've managed as well as the fans. There are so many great moments that I will remember during my time here. I would have loved to stay here for a very long time, but there's so much to experience in the world of football, and I want to test my skills. It's been an honour to manage in front of the best players and fans in my opinion."

Nakano will leave the club as the greatest manager ever in the league's history. In 2379 days as manager, he compiled a 144 W-27 D- 45 L record in 216 games, with 718 goals, 406 goals against, and a +312 goal difference, and a 66% winning percentage. He won 4 league titles, 4 FA Cups, and 3 Canbo Senior Challenge Shields.

200px-Real_Zaragoza_svg_logo.svg.png

Real Zaragoza SAD - 2020/21 Liga Adelante - Spain

They came back (and I accepted of course)

Standings - they aren't good. Probably going to get relegated.

Squad - I'm going to clean house.

Facilities

Club Info

Affiliations - asked for a parent club

Finances

We still have a couple games to end the season: @ Murcia and vs Castilla.

There's one decent player: Striker Ander Eraso. I should be able to get him to sign a new contract when we go down to Segunda B (unless we get a miracle :D).

I guess you missed me that much in HK, the lure of joining me in Spain was just too much in the end eh? :D Good luck getting out of Segunda B.

It was more about Zaragoza being the best of the bunch. You had nothing to do with it. :D

I applied for a lot of jobs but a lot of teams passed on me and hired someone else. And I really had to get out of HK, because the league rating kept falling. :(

I hope we can get out of admin soon, because I do want to sign new players and staff. Don't even have an ass man...gonna be fun.

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun Youth Player Project

2016/17 Intake

Tsang Tsz Chung (ST)

Nationality: Hong Kong

Date of Birth: May 31, 2002

Place of Birth: Hong Kong

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with ball down right

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 3 - Profile

End of Season 4 - Profile

End of Season 5 - Profile

Stats:

[TABLE=class: grid]

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Biu Chun Rangers[/TD]

[TD]HK Premier League[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]24 (2)[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.42[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]31[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]7.65[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]121 (2)[/TD]

[TD]92[/TD]

[TD]55[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awards:

• Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - 2017/18

Notes: He had one of his best statistical seasons in the 2020/21 season. Will suck not managing him in the future but he's a great talent.

===

Chow Chi Shing (AMC)

Date of Birth: March 24, 2002

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile (None)

End of Season 2 - Profile (None)

Stats:

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]4 (4)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.08[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]28 (2)[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.56[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7.94[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.54[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]84 (6)[/TD]

[TD]34[/TD]

[TD]35[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awards:

• Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - 2019/20

Notes: His 'worst' season as a starter, and he was injured for stretches, but he was solid when he did play.

It kind of sucks that the minute I leave the club, I lose all their attributes and scouting. It's like I forgot them all. :D

Real Zaragoza SAD - 2020/21 Liga Adelante - Spain

I'm not going to make a full blown end-of-season report on 2 games. So this will be very brief. :D

Standings

We got relegated, which wasn't a surprise. We lost to Murcia and drew Castilla. It's going to be tough though losing so many players.

We aren't going to lose everyone though, because Eraso signed a new one-year contract. Now the tough work begins

Goals and Observations:

• get a parent club, and get a bunch of players on loan...we are cleaning house, whether we like it or not...

Career Summary:

2014/15 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 5th place, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Cup Qualification Playoff winners

2015/16 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, AFC Champions League qualification

2016/17 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2017/18 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, AFC Champions League qualification

2018/19 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - 2nd place, HKFA Cup winners

2019/20 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, HKFA Cup winners, Canbo Senior Challenge Shield winners

2020/21 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners, resigned May 26

2020/21 - Real Zaragoza CAD (Liga Adelante) - joined May 26, relegated

But how much debt are you still carrying? ;)

It's just a bit more than twice the amount at Biu Chun. We'll be fine. Paying $169k/month. What could possibly go wrong? :p

We got some more players signed for next season (and some beyond that):

Dani Beltran - 1 year/$55,000

Jesus Iribar - 1 year/$125,000

Jon Bilbao - 2 year/$490,000

Victor Rios - 1 year/$90,000

Elias Vega - 2 year/$420,000

Joel Mir - 1 year/$55,000 - We cut his wages in half, which certainly made it more easier to sign.

Here is our squad so far. The guys with $0 value I have no intention of trying to resign and we will free up at least $2 million to sign new players. We're going to be shopping for midfielders, a couple defenders, and a couple goalies. A striker won't hurt either. We need all the help we can get. :D

Everyone also has a 1 year team option tacked on as well. I'm going to try and keep the squad small next season (and quite possibly try and use all newgens).

Real Zaragoza SAD - 2021/22 Segunda B Grupo 4 - Spain

Segundo B Grupo 4 Expectations: Reach Promotion Playoff

Copa del Rey: Reach 2nd Round

TV Rights: $66k

Transfer Budget: $143k

Wage Budget: $2.8 million (currently spending $1,375,250)

We got a new ass man, called Fernando Torres :D. I finally bagged my Nat C license as well, although I don't know what the effect was. Attributes

Also, Navarro's deal with Sevilla somehow got cancelled, so we signed him to a new contract. :cool:

There's a new tycoon in town, in the Swiss Challenge League

Real Zaragoza SAD - 2021/22 Segunda B Grupo 4 - Spain

Transfers

I haven't signed many players in my Biu Chun tenure, so it was a different signing a bunch of new players. :D

(All players have a one-year team option)

Miguel - trialist who I liked enough to sign permanently. This young CB came from a lower league club in Brazil (Maranhao) but his solid attributes and performance in Brazil was enough convincing for me to sign him.

Mustapha Rami - young LB who can also play CB. Solid attributes and doesn't break our wage structure.

Jorge Ramirez - versatile player who can play LM and ST in a pinch (although I wouldn't want him to). Former Las Palmas youth product.

Manuel Osia - young and inexpensive backup goalkeeper. Hopefully he won't play many games for us. Former Barca youth product and played 10 games for Real Union in 2019/20.

Juanma Diaz - like Miguel, he's a CB and a bit slow, but he's solid in a lot of other attributes. The Villarreal loanee comes at the cost of free, which always helps.

Ismael Poveda - with the departure of DM Tomas Orona, I needed a replacement and Poveda is that replacement. He played for Elche (he spent his entire career prior to his release) in La Liga last season, although he performed very poorly (6.14 rating in 17 games).

Ibon Larrinaga - I also needed some depth at the ST spot with only Eraso and Mir so I bring in Larrinaga. Fantastic physical attributes and solid enough in the other attributes to make an impact. Former Real Sociedad youth player.

Jose Mendez - the MR position was a spot where I needed depth as well, and Mendez was our capture to fill that spot. Former teammate of Diaz at Villarreal.

Mohammed Boukhriss - needed a player to cover at RB, and this youngster contracted to Villarreal is the one. Not sure how much he will play, but given the amount of games in Segunda B, he will be needed.

Javier Sangalli - we lost Jon Bilbao to long-term injury (7-8 weeks for a hip injury), so in comes Sangalli. I'm not sure what role he will play, but we'll need him for the next 2 months. Played for Alaves and their B team before his release.

With all these signings, here is our squad. I think we got a lot of young talent at our disposal to succeed in the division and at least match expectations. Hopefully with the help of Torres as my ass man we will be successful, and hopefully it's the Liverpool one and not the Chelsea one. :D

With 19 adaptability, Torres should have adapted better when he moved to Chelsea from Liverpool, shouldn't he?

Just couldn't take the pressure from the big money move and being the guy, lost his confidence, and then lost on his role on the team.

Enjoy :D
OUCH. Got screwed in that draw

No one got anywhere near the challenge that we're going to have in Qatar...it's going to be a fun 3 games that's for sure. :D

Another one in Spain :D

I'm sure you'll go up at the first attempt too, unlike some :rolleyes:

It's like no other country wants us, we all go to Spain. :D

And it's a long season, so who knows what will happen. And then there's the playoffs which I know too well. I want to win the league to get an easier route back to adelante.

So...some interesting developments! :D

I applied for the Real Oviedo job. I don't think I have a chance.

Yes, I'm under-fire, and that's partly why I applied for the job. But me and Real Oviedo go way back.

Trust me, I'm more disappointed with the club than you are.

So you're saying there's a chance...

Job Interview!!!!!! Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

Where do I sign?

(FWIW, I absolutely did not get promoted from Liga adelante obviously. I don't know why the news item said that :D.)

200px-Real_Oviedo_logo.svg.png

Real Oviedo SAD - 2021/22 Liga adelante - Spain

Here are the standings. Might get promoted from Segunda B to La Liga in one season.... :D

Why Real Oviedo? Because this and my favourite player of all time, Javier.

Zaragoza exit interview coming soon.

200px-Real_Zaragoza_svg_logo.svg.png200px-Real_Oviedo_logo.svg.png

Manager Ricky Nakano resigns from Real Zaragoza SAD to join Real Oviedo SAD

APRIL 8, 2022

ZARAGOZA - Breaking news coming out of Zaragoza this afternoon as under-fire manager Ricky Nakano, who has been in the rumour mill to become the next Real Oviedo manager, has decided to step down and become the next manager at Neuvo Carlos Tartiere after previous manager Javi Lopez left the club to join Sevilla.

Nakano was facing a bit of pressure from the Zaragoza about the minimum expectation of reaching the Promotion Playoffs in the Segunda B, and his departure comes at a shock for the Zaragoza supporters. With the club facing injuries and in danger of missing the playoffs, sources say that an insider from the Nakano camp said that he was not happy about expectations at the club, and with pressure from fans and the board to get results soon, the source stated that Nakano rather move to another club than pushed to resign or get sacked. He was also less than pleased that the board were not willing to stand with his commitments with Ghana any longer and wanted him to choose one job or the other.

Prior to his arrival in Zaragoza, he spent 7 seasons with Biu Chun Rangers in Hong Kong, winning 4 league titles and 7 cup competitions. He only spent 317 days at Zaragoza, with 22 wins, 13 losses, and 3 draws in 38 games.

Manager Ricky Nakano joins Real Oviedo SAD from Real Zaragoza SAD

OVIEDO - The latest news about the newest member of the Real Oviedo family, manager Ricky Nakano, is still a shock for both Real Oviedo and his former employers, Real Zaragoza. Some pundits in Zaragoza were considering whether Nakano would be allowed to stay on for another season due to a poor league position despite the club's financial struggles. There was previously no indication whether the 30 year old Toronto, Canada native would jump ship to a new club, although sources state that Nakano himself wanted to join a bigger club, and deserved it due to his success at Biu Chun Rangers in Hong Kong.

Fans of both clubs remain in shock over this move, with the Zaragoza supporters obviously angry that Nakano might have used their club as merely a stepping stone, and leaving within one year. Likewise, Real Oviedo supporters are skeptical about whether Nakano can help with their promotion push, but will give him some time to settle. Tactics-wise, they should not worry too much about scoring, since teams led by Nakano have averaged over 3 goals a game. The question now becomes whether his teams can defend. We will have to see in the upcoming matches as the club pushes for promotion to the Liga BBVA.

I guess you bottled the challenge of Segunda B then?!?! :):D

Of course not. Zaragoza may have bottled it, but Ricky Nakano certainly hasn't. :D:lol:

LOL. That's one way to get out of the Well, as some have said already..

Real Oviedo drew a rope down the Well. The least I could do is use it to climb out. :p

Real Oviedo SAD - 2021/22 Liga Adelante - Spain

Overall Competitions

Only two competitions entered, and one which I made an impact in late in the season.

Standings | Fixtures | League Positions

Well, that was awful :D. My tenure with the club started in a playoff spot, and I somehow managed to screw up enough to finish a few points off the playoff spots. It might have been for the best, since the club before this season finished in the lower half of table in three previous seasons in Adelante. I learned an awful lot from my experience at the club so far, so hopefully I can build on that next season. I kept trying a bunch of different tactics, and I think I finally found something to work, although it's still hit and miss at times.

Copa del Rey

I didn't manage any games in this competition.

Squad | Transfers

It's still a squad I need to figure out. We have a lot of changes to make in the off-season. But there are some players I really like:

ST Achille George - I'm a bit nervous having a player named after a tendon, and I have to admit I'm terrified of him tearing the plural of his first name. But he's a solid player and extending his loan for another season was a no brainer.

ST/ML Juan Ramon Lopez - A solid striker who has his faults, but he can play two different positions which is always a plus.

I'm not sure about the rest of the team, but there will be changes that's for sure.

Tactics

I'm still employing the 4-4-2 diamond for now. But I changed some of the roles. We got killed early in my tenure with the amount of space we were giving our opponents between my AMC and DM, and they were eating us alive, shooting at will and getting goals. This latest change came with 4 games to go in the season, and we got 2 wins and a draw out of that, so I hope that's something to build on for next season. Here's my shouts. We're the best passing team in the league (that might change next season with the changes I want to make :D) and the worst in work rate. I've always been a possession guy: have more of the ball and we will have more opportunities to create scoring chances and score goals, so shouts like 'retain possession', 'short passing', 'work ball into box', and 'play ball out of defense' are all important to keeping that ball. Pass into space is a shout I've always done and we can score goals so why not keep that going.

I always used to have the 'Push Higher Up' tactic when we were one of the better teams in the league (Eg. Biu Chun), but that's not going to work here. Drop Deeper just helps with having enough guys ahead of the ball when defending.

'Close Down More' and 'Get Stuck In' are just shouts to minimize space of our attackers (especially early on, we gave them so many shooting lanes outside that 18 yard box. In hockey, that area is called the slot. We have to chase guys off. And if I need to defend like Torts did - obscure hockey reference - I will :D) and get that ball. I don't mind if we get cards, as long as we win. Scare the crap outta our opponents and make them timid. Bring that hockey mentality to soccer. :)

Overview | Facilities | Finances | Affiliations

It's good to have solid facilities but we have to fix our money situation a bit. Thankfully, we're going to cut over $3 million off our wage bill.

Goals and Observations

• Fix the defense (something I've been trying to do my entire career with every club...)
  • Fix the wage structure at the club. We got a lot of high earners and players I don't really want to play. I want 'my guys'.

Career Summary:

2020/21 - Biu Chun Rangers (BOCG Life Hong Kong Premier League) - league winners

2021/22 - Real Zaragoza SAD (Segunda Division B Grupo 4) - resigned April 8, 2022

2021/22 - Real Oviedo SAD (Liga Adelante) - joined April 8, 2022, 9th place finish

HK_Rangers.jpg

Biu Chun Youth Player Project

2016/17 Intake

Tsang Tsz Chung (ST)

Date of Birth: May 31, 2002

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - Runs with ball down right

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile

End of Season 2 - Profile

End of Season 6 - Profile

Stats:

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.55[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]24 (2)[/TD]

[TD]18[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]39[/TD]

[TD]29[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]7.42[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]25[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]17[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.70[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]32[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]7[/TD]

[TD]7.63[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2021/22[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]10 (1)[/TD]

[TD]5[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]6.95[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]132 (3)[/TD]

[TD]97[/TD]

[TD]55[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awards:

• Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - 2017/18

Notes: Yikes. He got injured a couple times (and they were the long-term variety), so couldn't really get going this season. Hope for better next season...

===

Chow Chi Shing (AMC)

Date of Birth: March 24, 2002

Left Foot - Very Weak

Right Foot - Very Strong

PPMs - None

Initial Profile

End of Season 1 - Profile (None)

End of Season 2 - Profile (None)

End of Season 6 - Profile

Stats:

[TR]

[TD]Year[/TD]

[TD]Club[/TD]

[TD]Division[/TD]

[TD]Country[/TD]

[TD]Apps[/TD]

[TD]Goals[/TD]

[TD]Assists[/TD]

[TD]PoM[/TD]

[TD]Avg R[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2016/17[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]0.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2017/18[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]4 (4)[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]0[/TD]

[TD]7.08[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2018/19[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]28 (2)[/TD]

[TD]15[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]4[/TD]

[TD]7.56[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2019/20[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]26[/TD]

[TD]12[/TD]

[TD]16[/TD]

[TD]6[/TD]

[TD]7.94[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2020/21[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]27[/TD]

[TD]8[/TD]

[TD]11[/TD]

[TD]3[/TD]

[TD]7.54[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2021/22[/TD]

[TD]Hong Kong[/TD]

[TD]11 (1)[/TD]

[TD]2[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]1[/TD]

[TD]7.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Career[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]96 (7)[/TD]

[TD]37[/TD]

[TD]36[/TD]

[TD]14[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Awards:

• Hong Kong Young Player of the Year - 2019/20

Notes: Like Tsang, Chow had an injury-riddled campaign. He's used as a CM now instead of an AMC. Hope for better next season.

Ghana_FA.png

Ghana - 2022 World Cup

Welcome to sunny Qatar. We probably should be playing in an country...but it's a bit too late to have that discussion. :D

Here's the squad and their overall stats.

As stated a few posts ago, we have an awful. If you want a reminder, here's our group.

Group Stage:

Game 1: vs Belgium - L 2-3

A very tough match where we went toe-to-toe with one of the world's best. We were close to getting something from this game, but we didn't.

Game 2: vs Mexico - W 3-2

An exciting match from start to finish. I thought we blew it with the own goal, but we won on a corner on the last play of the game to win in fashion. :D

Game 3: vs Italy - L 0-5

We had to match Mexico's result (they beat Belgium) to advance, but we were flat from the start. It was disappointing to end the World Cup like this. We do finish last in the Group of Death.

The rest of the tournament:

Group Stage:

Group A - France (7), Chile (6), Honduras (2), Qatar (1)

Group B - Belgium (6), Mexico (6), Italy (3), Ghana (3)

Group C - Germany (9), Colombia (6), Spain (3), Saudi Arabia (0)

Group D - Brazil (7), Belarus (5), Cameroon (2), Australia (1)

Group E - Russia (7), Denmark (5), Iran (4), Zambia (0)

Group F - Portugal (7), England (5), USA (4), Egypt (0)

Group G - Argentina (9), Nigeria (4), Bosnia & Herzegovina (4), Japan (0)

Group H - Netherlands (9), Turkey (4), South Korea (2), Uruguay (1)

Second Round:

France 0-0 (p) Mexico

Chile 1-2 Belgium

Belarus 0-2 Germany

Colombia (p) 0-0 Brazil

England 1-0 Russia

Denmark 3-3 (p) Portugal

Argentina 4-3 Turkey

Nigeria 2-4 Netherlands

Quarter-Final

Mexico (p) 0-0 Colombia

Belgium 1-2 (p) Germany

England 3-6 Netherlands

Portugal 3-1 Argentina

Semi-Final

Mexico (e) 3-1 Portugal

Germany 4-1 Netherlands

Third Place Playoff

Netherlands 2-0 Portugal

Final

Mexico 1-3 Germany

===

After the final, I announced my resignation from the Ghana team. I want to focus on my club at Real Oviedo. It was getting a bit hectic last season with Segunda B and Adelante games sandwiched between friendlies and competitive matches with Ghana. I think I remember one stretch with Zaragoza that I had 4 matches (2 Zaragoza and 2 Ghana matches) in 6 days. Ghana and Spain aren't far from each other, but it's still tiring. :)

Don't regret taking that Ghana job. It was a lot of fun. We made the African Cup of Nations Final, and it still sucks we didn't win it.

Real Oviedo SAD - 2022/23 Liga Adelante Season Preview - Spain

TV Rights: $2.48 million

Transfer Budget: $931k

Wage Budget: $12.4 million (currently spending $8,580,000)

Liga Adelante Expectation: Respectable League Position

Copa del Rey Expectation: Reach Fourth Round

It's going to be an important off-season here to acquire some good talent. We got a lot of budget to work with! :)

Real Oviedo SAD - 2022/23 Liga Adelante Offseason Transfers - Spain

It's my first off-season with Real Oviedo, as well look to (1) fix the salary structure at the club, and (2) improve the team. I believed I improved both. :)

All players have a one-year team option.

Transfers

In

Jaume Tirado (Getafe - $225k) - One of our two new left backs. A good player for a budget fee. Part of our transformation on the left side of the pitch.

Giuseppe Castelli (Anderlecht - Free) - What a signing on a free. His playing stats were pretty bad last season, but I think that he should be able to play to his talent level. And currently, he is. Great to have him on a 2 year contract (if you include the team option).

Ahmed El Messaoudi (Free) - Former Anderlecht player. Probably shouldn't have signed him because I'm not sure how many games he will play. But thankfully it's only a one year contract...

Elias Vega (Zaragoza - $450k) - Went back to my old club to find an answer to the right mid spot. A slightly high fee, but I don't mind since I managed Vega before. He was a solid player at the Segunda B division, and I hope he can handle his own in Adelante (and I think he should)

Tomas Orona (Real Betis - Loan) - One of my former players at Zaragoza. I didn't have a chance to play him before I sold him to Real Betis. When he was available on loan, it took me 1 second to send in a season-long loan offer for him.

Rafa Garcia (Real Betis - Loan) - Loaned another CB from my parent club. Not sure how he fits in, but we'll see.

Salvador Sanz (Free) - Former Celta player with 2.5 years of playing experience in the Segunda B division. A pacey player who I hope can contribute with goals here and there.

Osorio Valente (Free) - Spent his playing career at Estoril and Olhanense in Portugal, and Panathinaikos last season. An expensive signing, but one I felt I had to make because he's a very talented player.

Michele Caddeo (Free) - Former Chievo youth player who has spent time at several Serie C1 clubs. He's paying dividends already. I signed him after he scored a hat-trick in his only friendly match.

Younes Faris (Free) - Started his career in Morocco before signing with Le Mans. He hasn't had an impressive career so far, but with Adan getting up there in age, and Lazaro having a horrible pre-season (not to mention both of them having expiring contracts), I needed another 'keeper. Faris will get his share of games.

I also signed Fernando Torres to be my ass man from Zaragoza. :D

Out

We cut a lot of salary. Alex Lopez, Antonio Cotan, and Paco Candela are key players moving on. We also got rid of a lot of oldies, and as you can see, our team will only get younger. :)

Archived