FM 15: A.S. Roma Thread - Hungry for Glory

Romanista1994

Does Leverkusen always pay Jedvaj buyout clause?

They didn't purchase him in mine.

I think I read somewhere earlier that even if they do' date=' Roma then has a buy-back clause to get him back pretty cheaply. Strange setup.

But yeah, he came back to us at the start of the third season for me. Then I loaned him out again, but I'm planning on keeping him around for the next season.

[i']edit: I quoted the wrong post![/i]

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Third Season Review

Serie A

For the third year in a row, we managed to win the league!

8QDBK2kl.png

We were completely destroying Serie A for much of the year. At one point I think we were 12 points clear of second placed Juve (who we beat 4-1 at the Olimpico). Towards the end of the year we started to wobble in a big way, and the lead was cut to 3 points. At that point though, the players obviously sensed the danger of throwing away our position of strength, because they rallied and we won the last seven games in a row to clinch the title. Juve blinked in the second last round, meaning we had won the title with a game to spare.

Mattia Destro finished top scorer with 22 goals. in 28(2) appearances. He got 26 in all competitions, but he really slowed down towards the end of the season. In his last 17 games he scored only 5 goals! Zaza pretty much dried up at the same time, so goal scoring became a problem. That obviously explains why we had a downturn in form.

Champions League

We made the quarter finals, but to be honest, I was disappointed. Our group consisted of Chelsea, Fenerbahce and Partizan. I took only one point from Chelsea and finished second in the group, with only 10 points from 6 matches. We drew Barca in the knockout round and got a measure of revenge from the previous year, taking them down 3-1 at the Olimpico. They destroyed us at the Nou Camp, but we scored two goals against the run of play and drew 2-2 to take us through to the next round.

In the quarter finals, I was pretty pleased to draw Everton out of the hat (no disrespect). Again the first leg was at home first and we got up 4-2. We were 3-0 up though, so to concede two away goals was disappointing. The return leg in England did not go well. We were in the midst of our horror run of form, and Lukaku put three goals past us, knocking us out 4-5 on aggregate :(

We're not going to get too many better chances to make the semi-finals. I feel like I haven't mastered a defensive/hold-on-to-a-lead tactic yet. I'm never confident against quality opposition, and I've taken a few very big losses.

Italian Cup / Super Cup

We won the Super Cup, beating Napoli 3-0. That was satisfying, since they had beaten me in the Coppa Italia final the year before. The shame was that I made the final again, and once again Napoli beat me. This time Berardi - the guy I had decided against signing at the last minute - popped up with the winner in the last minute of extra time. It's not the most important competition, but once you're in the final, you definitely want to win it. So that was disappointing.

The Players

ooA5msFl.png

As mentioned earlier, Destro top scored with 26 in all competitions. If he had kept up his early season form he'd probably have hit the mid-30s. Nonetheless, this was his season to impress and win a place going forward and I was happy enough with what he did. He'll continue to be my number one striker, and I won't be looking to bring in any star strikers this transfer window. A young prospect might be needed though.

Once again Roberto Pereyra, never thought of as a first team player, was actually great. 19 assists, 12 goals, Serie A Midfielder of the Year (one of them), Serie A Player of the Year (though strangely, not the Foreign Player of the Year). I was very happy with him, and it's going to be hard to keep him out the team next year. Considering he was a free signing, he has proved to be an excellent piece of business.

Florenzi, Sirigu, Manolas and Pjanic also impressed, picking up a number of awards and making the Team of the Year.

The big money signing, Griezmann, was a bit hit and miss. He played plenty, but he often had niggling injuries and he doesn't have great stamina, so he didn't very often get the full 90 minutes. I hope for a better season next year, competing with Yarmolenko for the starting M(L) position. Yarmolenko missed a large chunk of the year through injury.

Digne, at D(L) was the other big signing. I was impressed, and I think he's young enough to continue improving. I thought I had overpaid, but now I'm quite satisfied with him. I hope he stays for a long time.

The Fixtures

h6MNi4F.png

y8icj3l.png

Moving Forward

As far as transfers go this summer, I think that my team is fairly talented all over the park. Destro has won his position as the key man up front, and Zaza is good enough backup.

The centre of midfield continues to be well stocked with Strootman, Pjanic, De Rossi, Florenzi and Nainggolan. However, De Rossi is at the point where he is going to start declining, and Seydou Keita isn't good enough to provide that bench option anymore. With that in mind, I want a young and talented prospect who can be content with sub appearances and a handful of starts for the next season, before slowly being more and more integrated into the side. A newgen is probably the best option, but I'll look around.

Out wide I have Griezmann, Yarmolenko, Wellington Nem, and Pereyra. I don't think any moves are necessary here.

Defence is where I'll be making my moves. Digne will be the starting D(L). Darmian is my first choice right back, but there's half a chance he'll move on as I've promised him I'll sell if the interest from Chelsea results in a formal bid. Jedvaj is back next year, and he'll primarily be a D®. If Darmian stays, they'll rotate, if not then Jedvaj will be the starter. The backups in these positions (Torosidis, Holebas, Maicon) are all going to be on the way out.

In Central Defence, I think I can do better. Astori and Castan are both aging, and maybe not quite up to standard. Romagnoli will come back and take one of four spots. He'll also cover D(L). Right now, I'm also thinking that Mangala would make a good purchase, and can also provide additional cover at D(L). But I haven't started the transfer process yet, so I'm not sure about availability or desire to come to our team.

I gotta say, I find it very frustrating that despite winning three straight scudetti, and being a regular in the knockout stages of the Champions League, Roma often isn't 'big enough' to tempt a lot of players.

Subotic was unhappy at Dortmund and transfer listed by request. I could get him for 3m pounds. Yet he had no interest in joining me, preferring to stay unhappy at Dortmund.

This 21 year old from Argentina, who you'd think might jump at the chance to make it big in Europe (and he will, at some point, because he looks like an absolute legend in the making), had no interest.

Q2DJJ7s.png

And the young Brazilian D© I posted about earlier, Andre, had no interest either.

Basically...:(

Season 2015/16 review

Into my second season and after losing Pjanic in the summer as well as having a host of players wanting to leave we managed to have a very successful season winning

Serie A and getting to the semi finals of the Champions league only to be beaten by Juventus.

The signings were as follows:

ScreenShot2014-12-08at140517.png

Originally Depay was going to be signed as a replacement for Insigne who was wanted by Madrid but i thought i'd just get him anyway and it paid off as Insigne stayed at the

club but ended up being injured for 4 months in which Depay performed exceptionally and demoted Insigne to a rotation position in the squad.

De Sciglio was a long term target and i finally picked him up in January for 30m which i don't believe to be too high for a top class full back for 10 years.

Tielemans developed well throughout the season and will have a huge role to play in the coming season.

Pjanic left for 55m which was a shame as he is one of my favourite players both in game and in real life but i could remodel the whole squad for £55m so i couldn't turn that sort of big offer down.

Squad Statistics

ScreenShot2014-12-08at140205.png

League Table

ScreenShot2014-12-08at140436.png

Top performers

Domenico Berardi-What can be said of this man, sensational performances throughout the season, scoring 31 in the league and 14 in the champions league whilst also netting 19 assists. Scoring goals at will in November and December. Could be hard to keep hold of him if the big clubs come in for him

Memphis Depay-This guy excelled on the left in place of Insigne and repaid the whole £25.5 million that was paid for him within his first season. Being one of the

incredible trio up front scoring over 20 league goals and numerous assists finishing 4th top scorer in Serie A.

Juan Iturbe-Once again Iturbe showed what an incredible player he is with 17 goals and 19 assists even with a drop off in form after injury kept him out for a month towards the end of the season, a perfect player to complete the attacking trio

Between Berardi, Depay and Iturbe they scored 91 goals and assisted 51 which is quite phenomenal but showed that we are over reliant on those three so this season ill be

looking to players like Tielemans and Florenzi to step up and chip in with a few goals from midfield.

Plans for next season

Having already secured long term target Jorginho and sold the players that i didn't feel were needed anymore, any business done will just be building for the future. Scuffet

remains an ongoing target and it looks like he will set me back £30m but with the finances in good order i don't see this as a major problem.

Building on last season and winning the league once again but reducing the silly losses to poor clubs, i lost 3-1 to Pescara on the last game of the season, they were rock

bottom at the time.

More goals from midfield would be nice as mentioned earlier, reducing the workload on the terrific trio.

Season 2015/16 review

Into my second season and after losing Pjanic in the summer as well as having a host of players wanting to leave we managed to have a very successful season winning

Serie A and getting to the semi finals of the Champions league only to be beaten by Juventus.

The signings were as follows:

ScreenShot2014-12-08at140517.png

Originally Depay was going to be signed as a replacement for Insigne who was wanted by Madrid but i thought i'd just get him anyway and it paid off as Insigne stayed at the

club but ended up being injured for 4 months in which Depay performed exceptionally and demoted Insigne to a rotation position in the squad.

De Sciglio was a long term target and i finally picked him up in January for 30m which i don't believe to be too high for a top class full back for 10 years.

Tielemans developed well throughout the season and will have a huge role to play in the coming season.

Pjanic left for 55m which was a shame as he is one of my favourite players both in game and in real life but i could remodel the whole squad for £55m so i couldn't turn that sort of big offer down.

Squad Statistics

ScreenShot2014-12-08at140205.png

League Table

ScreenShot2014-12-08at140436.png

Top performers

Domenico Berardi-What can be said of this man, sensational performances throughout the season, scoring 31 in the league and 14 in the champions league whilst also netting 19 assists. Scoring goals at will in November and December. Could be hard to keep hold of him if the big clubs come in for him

Memphis Depay-This guy excelled on the left in place of Insigne and repaid the whole £25.5 million that was paid for him within his first season. Being one of the

incredible trio up front scoring over 20 league goals and numerous assists finishing 4th top scorer in Serie A.

Juan Iturbe-Once again Iturbe showed what an incredible player he is with 17 goals and 19 assists even with a drop off in form after injury kept him out for a month towards the end of the season, a perfect player to complete the attacking trio

Between Berardi, Depay and Iturbe they scored 91 goals and assisted 51 which is quite phenomenal but showed that we are over reliant on those three so this season ill be

looking to players like Tielemans and Florenzi to step up and chip in with a few goals from midfield.

Plans for next season

Having already secured long term target Jorginho and sold the players that i didn't feel were needed anymore, any business done will just be building for the future. Scuffet

remains an ongoing target and it looks like he will set me back £30m but with the finances in good order i don't see this as a major problem.

Building on last season and winning the league once again but reducing the silly losses to poor clubs, i lost 3-1 to Pescara on the last game of the season, they were rock

bottom at the time.

More goals from midfield would be nice as mentioned earlier, reducing the workload on the terrific trio.

Congrats on your season! Looks like you had some great success. Just wondering what role you play Berardi as? I play with a false 9 and Totti just eats up the competition however with him getting older I'd like to have his replacement lined up and am looking for possible candidates. Destro isn't bad as there are some games where he tares it up but then others where the false 9 just doesn't suit him.

Congrats on your season! Looks like you had some great success. Just wondering what role you play Berardi as? I play with a false 9 and Totti just eats up the competition however with him getting older I'd like to have his replacement lined up and am looking for possible candidates. Destro isn't bad as there are some games where he tares it up but then others where the false 9 just doesn't suit him.

I use him as an Advanced forward, I've never had much success with false nine's and that kinda thing!

Anyone else having tough times with Roma? Okay, im 18th October in first season, but everything is bad. I have 2W 3D 1L in Serie A, two comfortable wins, all three draws late in 80s and 90 minutes, one against Juventus particilarly annoyed me, we owned the game and somehow Giovinco grabbed draw after some dumb rebound from Sirigu(who i bought) in 93 minute. Also, rebounds are killing me. I got used to set pieces, but now rebounds are my worst fear. Another thing is that my most experienced players are like 17 years old drunk immature douchebags jogging on the field. Maicon already got 2 red's. Ashley Cole got one, total 4 in 6 games. In CL we lost against PSG 2:0 after two rebounds where Ibra scored both, and 0:0 draw at home against Porto, because i simply can't do anything, if i open up and push higher, some wierd long shot will come in, or rebound, or red card. And the worst thing is that my best players are the worst ones, Gervinho avg. 6.64, Iturbe 6.60, Ljajic 6.54, Pjanic 6.60 Leandro Castan and Cole around 6.70 etc. Im simply leaking, while im not so weak upfront, just my scorers aren't Destro, Iturbe, Ljajic which i would like, it's more CB's. And yeah, injuries are killing me...

Transfers finished ahead of season three: Splashed the cash a bit but Italian talent doesn't come cheap and it weakened rivals whilst making me stronger.

Insigne was moaning again and with Depay and Iturbe streets ahead of him he wasn't such a big loss, and El Shaarawy came in to replace him anyway!

ScreenShot2014-12-09at162130.png

This means that i have only one long term target left to get which it Gotze, just because i love the man. I mean, who wouldn't want him in their side?!

Nice work on the last season.

I'm just going in to the third season myself. I was lucky to sneak past Dortmund into the Champions League group stage and rewarded myself by signing Rojo as a long term replacement for Castan.

I feel my team is shaping up nicely now, like this :-

GK: Scuffet

RB: Jedvaj/Viviani

CB: Rojo/Castan

CB: Rhodolfo/Romagnoli

LB: Biraghi/Renzetti (probably the position I need to upgrade most)

DMC: De Rossi/Camarasa

DMC: Naingolan/Camarasa

AMC: Florenzi/Luciano Acosta

AMC: Barbosa/Bruno Fernandes

AMC: El Shaarawhy/Saponara

ST: Ferreyra/Zaza

Sadly Baboucar seemed to maximise his potential before 6 months at the club, so he's out on loan to bring in a bit more cash before we sell him unless he proves my coaches wrong. And I'm hoping Mazzitelli makes big improvements this season because I have a suspicion that this is De Rossi's last season, he's 33, in the last year of his contact, is asking for 200k a week to re-sign and when I look on my profile he heads the list of people with the worst opinion of me. So yeah, I might have to be the guy to boot him out the door, and in the same year that Totti retires.

Anyone else having tough times with Roma? Okay, im 18th October in first season, but everything is bad. I have 2W 3D 1L in Serie A, two comfortable wins, all three draws late in 80s and 90 minutes, one against Juventus particilarly annoyed me, we owned the game and somehow Giovinco grabbed draw after some dumb rebound from Sirigu(who i bought) in 93 minute. Also, rebounds are killing me. I got used to set pieces, but now rebounds are my worst fear. Another thing is that my most experienced players are like 17 years old drunk immature douchebags jogging on the field. Maicon already got 2 red's. Ashley Cole got one, total 4 in 6 games. In CL we lost against PSG 2:0 after two rebounds where Ibra scored both, and 0:0 draw at home against Porto, because i simply can't do anything, if i open up and push higher, some wierd long shot will come in, or rebound, or red card. And the worst thing is that my best players are the worst ones, Gervinho avg. 6.64, Iturbe 6.60, Ljajic 6.54, Pjanic 6.60 Leandro Castan and Cole around 6.70 etc. Im simply leaking, while im not so weak upfront, just my scorers aren't Destro, Iturbe, Ljajic which i would like, it's more CB's. And yeah, injuries are killing me...

It seems to me that rebounds are a big, big thing in FM15. I concede plenty because of rebounds, but I also score a heck of a lot from them, so I'm not complaining. My team also has huge disciplinary problems too, picking up yellow cards like it's nobody's business. I get very frustrated, but it comes with the territory if you're playing a closing down strategy (and also if you have De Rossi in your side!).

Have you played much of FM15 yet though? Because a few things that I've noticed is that:

1) Playing away from home makes a big difference this year, no matter who you're against.

2) AM(L)/® do not provide much defensive cover, and a lot of players would be playing this way with Roma (mind you, some posts above are completely ripping teams apart playing this way)

But also, it's early days for your season. Stick with it a bit longer and let us know if the form book turns around!

Season 2015/16 review

The way you've got that front three firing is sensational - especially Berardi! Amazing stats...and so young too. If he keeps that up for a few years, he'll hit legend status for sure.

How are you setting them up donGIORGIO? Post your tactics and maybe we'll be able to help you out. :)

Well eventually I did consolidate squad, with Iturbe and Strootman as my key performers. There and then i still concede stupid goals, but we're doing great now in Serie A after bad start, lying between 2nd-4th position with 1 point difference between teams, Juventus is first with 4 points more. In Champions league we won deciding game away at Porto 1-3 and went through in position 2. We got Barcelona, and we'll be facing them soon. Bad news is that Gervinho got injured for 2-3 months, he's few days from full recovery now, Ashley Cole broke leg and he's considering retirement, 6-8 months. And the worst news is that Florenzi got upset from Arsenal(and 4 more clubs) interested in him, so i told him that im planning to strenghten the squad, but he got really upsed at February because we didn't, because of 0 transfer budget left. Now he don't want to sign new contract which sucks, because his current is expiring at 2016 summer. I hope he will...

I've found myself top at the start of January despite an injury plagued season, Berardi was out for 4 months and all my rotation midfielders were injured placing a lot of work on

Florenzi, Strootman, De Rossi and Jorginho. I've brought in Bryan Cristante for £16m from Benfica in what i think was a rather shrewd move for another Italian midfielder with

4 star potential.

Disaster has struck as Bayern have turned Depays head and he wants to leave and won't agree to stay.

Season went great for me, won league in first season with 2 points ahead of Juventus. Mattia Destro and Totti scored some really important goals, with Destro scoring a hat-trick in 2-4 away win against Juventus in decider.

I sold Pjanic for ~60m euros to Chelsea, 30 upfront, altought he really improved and playing great last 15-20 games of the season, still i preffered Strootman and Florenzi as box-to-box midfielders rather than Pjanic. Other sells were Torosidis for 3 and Marquinho for 4 millions.

Signed Depay for cca 19m, Otamendi 15.25 release clause, Tielemans 12m, Kramaric 1.2m, Vietto 8m, Ghoulam 10m, Danilo 19m, Nainggolan 5.75m, Donati 3.2m, and a few youngsters.

I hope they will gel in quickly, I got some exciting regens too. Juventus got Coutinho for 37m, Vrsaljko, Talisca and few youngsters. They will be so damn good this year...From now on my entire focus will be on Italian players, too bad Darmian signed for AC Milan in first summer window, i planned him as first RB for years to come.

Gabbiadini and Berardi just got off from co-ownership, so i will be targeting them in next windows.

Ahh thats a blow, you can wait for Jedvaj to come back to play at right back? i can't think of many italian full backs off the top of my head

Just had my best series of games, 2 unbelievable wins, all coinciding with Berardi coming back to fitness

ScreenShot2014-12-12at000242.png

Between Berardi Iturbe and Depay they scored 27 goals in the 6 games, Glad to see them all finding form at a crucial time

This sucks. We recorded impressive 8-0 win against Torino, and in the same match, Danilo and Strootman are out for 2-3 months, Manolas 3 weeks. Adding to that, Ljajic is already 2 months away and Gervinho is yet to return. Depay and Iturbe are owning as inside forwards, Depay scored twice with 4 assists, while Iturbe added 3.

Season three review

Season three was an interesting one, with lots of injuries to key players, in particular Berardi who was out for 6 months of the season leaving me short up front, one of the

reasons why we struggled to challenge on all fronts this year. We still have a habit of choking at crucial times in the Champions league, this time being knocked out by

Liverpool in the first knockout round having dominated the group stage.

In the league however we were a completely different animal, finishing the season on a 28 game unbeaten streak including 20 consecutive wins. One of these being a 6-0

triumph over Juventus with Memphis Depay scoring one of the best hat tricks I've ever seen in Football Manager. we equalled the league record of 125 goals whilst conceding the fewest too.

Here is the final league table

ScreenShot2014-12-13at004649.png

As you can see we had the top 3 goalscorers in the league, with Berardi managing to score 21 in the league in his few appearances with Iturbe and Tielemans contributing heavily on the assist front

Squad Statistics

ScreenShot2014-12-13at004626.png

Once again the magnificent strike force of Depay, Berardi and Iturbe have done it for us scoring 88 and assisting 48 which is slightly down on last year however we managed to have others contributing slightly more in the goals department with El Shaarawy making a solid start to his Roma career with 11 goals and young striker Silvio Donida scoring 9 including a first senior hat trick.

In the assists department my centre mids helped out considerably more in setting up goals with Tielemans becoming an integral part of the team during our unbeaten run and win streak towards the end of the season. Jorginho made an excellent start to his time in Rome with 6 goals and 13 assists and is fast becoming a solid player within our midfield along with Alessandro Florenzi who had another strong campaign with similar numbers to Jorginho.

Star Performers

1. Memphis Depay-Once again this kid has been super, scores for fun, often wonder goals too. Best player I've come across this year.

2. Juan Iturbe-Similar to above, scores crucial goals and assists goals for fun, probably my favourite player within this Roma side, will never be sold.

3. Youri Tielemans-Youri made a real impression on Roma in the second half of the season, being our most creative midfielder whilst also chipping in with a few goals. This guy can be something special so i will be doing everything i can to hold onto him

Goals for next season

Hang on to Memphis Depay. Simple as.

Win the Champions league-In order to keep players like Depay, Romagnoli, Iturbe and Berardi happen we have to be challenging the big dogs of Europe in Europe, this season will be our season.

Focus on developing young Italian talent to take over from the current crop of players.

Sneak peak into the transfers

Rumor has it a young man from Barcelona is in talks with Roma

A Roma player wants to live the high life in the casinos of Monaco

Roma Manager locks Memphis Depay in a cage for the summer in an attempt to keep Bayern away from star man

Dominant performance domestically, trivium, I think over the next couple of seasons you will start turning that intoto european performances as well as your team matures. :thup:

Btw, I see Marchizza and Bordin in your roster, how have they developed? Do you have any other homegrown youngsters that look like they could make an impact?

At first i thought that they could make it but Marchizza never really got much of a chance and has just left on a free. Bordin was a funny one he always impressed in friendlies but in any other opportunities never really shone and then Horvath and Tielemans just proved better options.

Completed my transfers ahead of my 4th season, quite happy with the business I've done, added some depth to hopefully allow us to challenge on all fronts

ScreenShot2014-12-16at145505.png

Munir and Zivkovic are the most interesting signings, both brought in for extra depth and ill always be able to sell for a profit if they don't work id imagine. Ive been wanting to manage Munir since i first loaded this game so I've finally got the chance and he didn't disappoint bagging 4 in his first appearance in the champions league. Zivkovic is backup for Iturbe and he's started brightly netting a couple of beauties.

Most of the outs were free's and loans apart from Darmian who i didn't really want to sell but £29million up front and rising to £44m in instalments was too good an offer really for a full back that is solid if not spectacular and has just had his 27th birthday, moneyball and that wonderful stuff.

I've finally had a chance to move on a little with my youth-only Roma save. Finished pre-season, and had my laptop overheat and shut down 4(!) times in the first game of the season against Cagliari. Fifth attempt saw us win 3-0 with a brace from Sanabria and a goal from Ljajic, so pretty pleased with that even though I had to fight for it. :D

Hello everyone. Nice to see other Roma players. Been a fan ever since my older brother brought home a Totti Jersey back from Rome when I was wee little lad.

I took over in the Summer after the end of thee 2nd season. Unfortunately they sold Destro and Florenzi, but they brought in Yarmolenko, Tielmens and Romero.

I'm now 20 games into Season 3, sitting 2 points back behind Juve. Facing FC Porto in the 1st knockout round, of whom I also just repurchased Florenzi for 24M euro + Lucas Pratto (A player Roma bought). I know it was an expensive transfer but Im trying to make my squad as Italian and Homegrown as possible.

In

Florenzi- 24.5M

Santon- 11.5M

2 Italian Newgens

Murru- 7.5M

Vermaelen- Loan

Out

Astori- 15M

Castan- 3M

Gervinho- 12.5M

Skorupski- 1M

Emanuelson- 900K

Bunch of scrubs- ~ 3.5M

Missed out Darmian and Berrardi, but Roma did pick up Zaza and Leali (Free) in the 1st season. And i'm happy I was able to pick up Murru and Santon at fair wages.

Sent out Tielmans and a bunch of my youngsters on loan.

Future Plans

Wasn't able to pick up De Scigle from Milan as someone else on this thread did, but Man City picked him up a year ago. Should only be a few years before Man City buy someone else and he becomes a cast away for me to pickup. Totti is still playing, planning on retiring at the end of this season. Not starting but still putting in quality performances off the bench. Esp. in big games.

I don't have the heart to sell Iturbe or Romero, but I do plan on selling Yarmolenko in the summer. Want to open the attacking mid spot to Florenzi on the left and Iturbe on the Right. Also looking to find a quality Italian striker. anyone have any suggestions?

Romanista who do you think would fit the Totti role?

Im looking at Luka Jovic as his mentals are fantastic and i could get Totti to tutor him.

Hi craig, Jovic should be a great option if you're not looking for a like-for-like replacement for Totti. There are actually not too many options in terms of actual replacements with similar characteristics, so I'd say go for it.

Also looking to find a quality Italian striker. anyone have any suggestions?

Hey torsportsfan, there's a few good Italian strikers around. You have Sassuolo duo Berardi and Zaza, Inter's youngster Bonazzoli, you could try bringing back Destro I guess, or even look to bring Immobile back to the Serie A.

There really isnt a like for like replacement for Totti is there!! one of a kind!

Agree. He was quality right to the end. Immediately hired him as a coach for my U-20 Team

Update

Won the league by 6 points. However I got bounced out of the CL by Real Madrid, who have now won the whole thing 2 years in a row.

It was a busy summer. Totti retired, sold Yarmolenko, Manolas and Pjanic (Was tough). But brought in El Sharrway, Antonelli (loan) and Bonaventura (loan) and a top quality Italian Newgen Striker.

yTZ7sDB.jpg

Only 5 Non-Italian players on my roster. Strootman, Tielmans, Romero,Iturbe and Jedvaj (Ljalic got his citizenship). It was difficult enough to offload Pjanic so I think I'll wait until next summer for a newgen to further develop before selling off some more foreigners.

Just started new season. Tied Empoli 1-1. It's a rebuilding year. Starting 1-2 newgens a game, but hopefully I can still at least get a CL spot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fantastic thread Romanista1994 - you convinced me to start a game with Roma.

I have just finished my first season. I came 2nd to an unstoppable Juventus side in the league and just got edged out of the CL knockouts by PSG. The Italian Cup wasn't a main priority so I went out early playing a much weakened side against Torino. Overall, I'm relatively pleased with the season despite not winning some silverware as I've learnt some lessons and build a good foundation for the future.

My first season transfers consisted of:

IN:

Asmir Begovic £4.7m (Transfer listed straight at the start of the game and was outstanding in his debut season)

Eder Alvarez Balanta £6.75m

Kristoffer Ajer £1.1m (rapidly improving already, and looks like he could be a key player in the next few years)

Andre Ayew £5.75m (bought in to replace Gervinho)

Martin Odegaard £950k (like Ajer, he has improved rapidly and looks a bargain)

Lucas Romero £5.75m (He was offered to me in January and is now already worth nearly £20m)

OUT:

Gervinho £35m (far too good of an offer to turn down)

Marco Borriello £500k (couldn't justify the wages)

Future plans

Just starting season 2 with a budget of about £15-20m. I think Serge Aurier is my main target but may cost around £12m as I let Maicon go on a free (he got injured, lost his place, complained and wanted more money) and I'm considering bringing back Astori as he was great alongside Balanta in first season. i have also just got Roberto Pereyra on a free (now already worth £26m) and he was one of the best players in the league last season, averaging 7.47 in 36 games for Juventus, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring.

My long term aim is to bring in Simone Scuffet in a few seasons once Begovic is older and also Berardi who looks extremely promising and seems to have delivered for most of you on your saves.

• 2 weeks later...
Been offered £20 million for Florenzi in the first season by Arsenal, he wants to go to them, but I want to keep quality home grown players like him in the side... Good money though....

I would accept it to be honest. And look around U's19 leagues for youngsters :thup:

• 3 weeks later...

Started a new game with Roma, and gonna play a flat 4-3-3 which suite the team good. Some interesting transfers made in the transfer window. Will update again after the season is finished. This is my transfers:

In:

13.07.2014 Lucas Romero (Velez) - £7m

23.07.2014 Eder Alvarez Balanta (River) - £6.75m

26.07.2014 Matteo Darmian (Torino) - £7m

31.07.2014 Simone Zaza (Sassuolo) - £8m

07.08.2014 Paulo Dybala (Palermo) - £5m

01.01.2015 Martin Ødegaard (Strømsgodset) - £1.3m

10.01.2015 Niklas Süle (Hoffenheim) - £8.5m

02.02.2015 Marco Verratti (PSG) - £14m

Total: £58m

Out:

16.07.2014 Marco Borriello (Atalanta) - £550k