FM 15: A.S. Roma Thread - Hungry for Glory

Romanista1994

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neither of those two kicked up much of a fuss for me, if anything I had to force De Rossi out the door. He grumbled a bit in his final season with me at not getting games, I told him he could leave. End of conversation. To be fair though he was 38 and there really was no chance he was making it into the starting lineup regularly.

Florenzi actually has never really made any kind of fuss despite plenty of teams showing an interest. I also feel he should been complaining more because if anything his versatility has prevented me from ever relying on him being in a particular role regularly.

The prize for biggest moaner in my team went to Ferreyra who somehow managed to net 37 goals in a season and still grumble about playing time. He ended up leaving us for Napoli and has yet to break double figures in a season since. :) Also Marquinos seemed to complain a lot, but I suspect he has a high professionalism stat or something similar as whenever he complained it also coincided with a run of excellent form from him.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of starting a Roma career, never managed in Italy before, would you guys reccomend both Roma and the Italian league as a fun place to manage?

The only problem with the Italian league is a lack of competition really. Once you overtake Juventus there isn't a great deal of a challenge At least in my experience, Inter and AC Milan both seem to spend a fortune, change managers frequently and not win a great deal.

The only problem with the Italian league is a lack of competition really. Once you overtake Juventus there isn't a great deal of a challenge At least in my experience, Inter and AC Milan both seem to spend a fortune, change managers frequently and not win a great deal.

Yeah this, but it's a great place to develop youth. As Inter in FM 2013 I was getting 2 or 3 Italian world class regens virtually every season.

That's true, i love the 11 subs rule makes it so much easier to bring them on once games are won.

In the season that I just finished we got the CL/Serie A double and as I only had one year on my contract got plenty of job offers my way. Obviously I kept the original save as I'll want to go back to it at some point, but in my current save I left for Arsenal. So frustrating to see my successor dismantling my team.

I had an 18 year old who had come through the youth ranks and is already good enough for the first team. I know Roma don't need the money, yet for some reason the potentially world class 18 year old Roma supporting King Egbedi has been sold to Man City for 15million.

Archived