Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks brilliant from what I have seen so far. However, is there a reason why Eddie Latherton of Blackburn is on £300,000 p/w in wages?

Well Spotted! An extra 0 added in error, I have updated the database now.:thup:

Decided against managing a side full of legends, and want to turn my side Norwich into a team full of them over the next few seasons. One mistake I have noticed early doors is Emanuelle Petit is English and currently in the U19s side.

Decided against managing a side full of legends, and want to turn my side Norwich into a team full of them over the next few seasons. One mistake I have noticed early doors is Emanuelle Petit is English and currently in the U19s side.

Perfect! Well Spotted as well. I have now changed this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The Link has now been updated and he is of course French! :thup:

Also it's a great angle to go from, there are quite a few good free transfers you could snap up for Norwich too. I hope it goes well for you...

I think a lot of the players are a little over-powered Fenech, but.... I actually like that. It adds to the legend and myth that surrounds these players, not to mention the fact that it makes the game so much harder. I'm really enjoying playing this.

I think a lot of the players are a little over-powered Fenech, but.... I actually like that. It adds to the legend and myth that surrounds these players, not to mention the fact that it makes the game so much harder. I'm really enjoying playing this.

Hi Benny,

I researched players looking at stats, data, reports, online sources, videos etc etc and tried to give them as realistic a rating as possible. This is very much my interpretation of how good each player is or isn't based on what I learnt during my research. You are right! There was a lot of legend and myth surrounding these players and it made the research very interesting for me. I read one report of how tom finney was so good in a game for instance that an opposition player asked to be substituted rather than face more humiliation! That said, have researched thoroughly I can say without a shadow of a doubt that these were very talented players who earned their right to be here and most of them played for peanuts too compared to what players earn today. I am happy that you are enjoying it and I think it is harder, but I'm hoping that you like a good challenge! :D

Great database mate.. you can tell a lot of hard work has gone into it, but I'm a bit confused how Mbiwa got into the Newcastle team, over someone like Philippe Albert.

and why oh why is Shearer at Blackburn?

Hi DarkStarr,

Thanks, I am pleased you like the database. I enjoyed working on it. It did take a lot of time and hard work, but as Brian Howard Clough used to say! "Rome isn't built in a day" and I didn't have Brian to help me otherwise it might have been! :lol:

I was obviously working on the project a good while before I opened this post and starting publishing the provisional squads, I gave all fans like yourself the opportunity to say, why is this person in this squad?, over this person? etc etc. and the reason I did this is because I deliberately said, the squads are not final, the squads can be changed, a project as massive as this is never closed, it is an ongoing process. Now, I did research every team as thoroughly as possible and there are still going to be one or two areas for improvements in the squads.

Phillipe Albert should be in the squad and it is an excellent point you make. So I will make that change shortly and he will replace Mbiwa who will go back to Montpellier. This is it, I said in the post that all suggestions are welcome and we can always discuss and make changes if need be. I will update the squad shortly.

Alan Shearer is at Blackburn because of my policy of bringing top top players into their prime, he came into his prime at Blackburn and he had a better goal ratio at Blackburn, if he had not been at Blackburn, he might have gone to Southampton in line with the policy of putting players at the first top division club they played for, but on balance and after a lot of thought, I felt 22 at Blackburn was the best place to start him and to enjoy him for as long as possible, rather than to start him at 27 at Newcastle. :thup:

Hi Benny,

I researched players looking at stats, data, reports, online sources, videos etc etc and tried to give them as realistic a rating as possible. This is very much my interpretation of how good each player is or isn't based on what I learnt during my research. You are right! There was a lot of legend and myth surrounding these players and it made the research very interesting for me..... I am happy that you are enjoying it and I think it is harder, but I'm hoping that you like a good challenge! :D

Oh I know, I didn't want to be over-critical, you have done a great job with this database, I just flagged it because I was looking at a comparison of say R9 Ronaldo and Dean Holdsworth, yet the latter looks like the better player at face value.

Oh I know, I didn't want to be over-critical, you have done a great job with this database, I just flagged it because I was looking at a comparison of say R9 Ronaldo and Dean Holdsworth, yet the latter looks like the better player at face value.

Hi Benny,

I appreciate all feedback. And I am not going to get everything right.. there is always room for improvement. I can assure you that Ronaldo is much better than Dean Holdsworth. :thup:

Dean was a great player for Wimbledon but there is no comparison between a good player like him and the world class Ronaldo.

I have re-coded the whole ratings system in line with my interpretation of them, I take full responsibility for the abilities of the players. However if you disagree with the abilities of any player, please feel free to highlight it and we can discuss and make changes if necessary. How is Manchester United? :)

Update:

Phillipe Albert has now been added to Newcastle in place of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa who is now just 16 at Montpellier.

MR DRIBBLER - FAAS WILKES - Dutch...........has been added and he is available on a free transfer when the game begins

Matt Le Tissier has been updated as there was a slight error in his off the ball and positioning stats (the wrong way around) but this has now been highlighted and corrected.

The database link has been updated and the facepack link will be updated in the next 15 minutes. :thup:

Update: When I was creating the players I decided to give them all the positions they played depending on how well they could play them regardless of their current age in game. Therefore you may find some younger players who can play a lot of different positions. This was a deliberate move because they earned the right to be able to play those positions throughout their careers and when I came across an ability in my research, I added that ability to the player. I wasn't thinking but could he have done this at 18, 20 or 25, I was just interested on what the player could do in their career and giving that ability back to the player. I hope this makes sense. :thup:

It has been highlighted again that Frank Lampard is a left back. That is his DAD!!!!!

Frank Lampard is at Chelsea and he is not a left back. I wouldn't have put Frank at West Ham for obvious reasons. (he is very unpopular at West Ham)

His Dad however was a west ham hero!! He was Left Back. :)

A few general notes in my opinion:

1. Rooney has the highest pay clause which keeps him to be the highest pay in the club - this one should be removed

2. Juninho Pernambucano must be added - one of the greatest free-kick takers the world has ever seen

A few general notes in my opinion:

1. Rooney has the highest pay clause which keeps him to be the highest pay in the club - this one should be removed

2. Juninho Pernambucano must be added - one of the greatest free-kick takers the world has ever seen

Excellent Points!

I will remove both the release clause and I have finished researching Juninho, and he will be added very shortly.

I was sure I had added him already! Cheers and Thanks for highlighting these points. :thup:

This is amazing Fenech, it was well worth the wait, I love signing todays stars at the age of 14 too :p It's just strange that Mick Lyons is playing for Australia due to gaining citizenship as a coach :p

Thanks very much! At least the wait is finally over and the whole FM Community can enjoy it, I really appreciate the support and the patience shown by everyone while I was getting it ready for release. The Mick Lyons issue was an oversight on my part, I will remove that and this will be updated shortly. Thanks for highlighting it and well spotted! :thup:

Perfect! Well Spotted as well. I have now changed this. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The Link has now been updated and he is of course French! :thup:

Also it's a great angle to go from, there are quite a few good free transfers you could snap up for Norwich too. I hope it goes well for you...

No problems. Yeah, have signed Graham Rix and Gregorsz Lato so far, Lato has been immense in pre-season despite only being 15, think Norwichs youngest ever appearance may well be about to be broken. Also have McManaman considering a contract. Managed to get rid of Snodgrass, Pilkington, Fox and Becchio for around £20 million total as well. The new Norwich era has begun....will update

No problems. Yeah, have signed Graham Rix and Gregorsz Lato so far, Lato has been immense in pre-season despite only being 15, think Norwichs youngest ever appearance may well be about to be broken. Also have McManaman considering a contract. Managed to get rid of Snodgrass, Pilkington, Fox and Becchio for around £20 million total as well. The new Norwich era has begun....will update

Fantastic Stuff! One thing I have done is made the stats realistic to the persons age, so you do still need to bear in mind that this is just preseason and he is only 15.

However that said, I firmly believe that the more you play the youngster, the more they will improve and reach their potential. The most important thing is to give them games over the season so that they can develop. Good Luck with the Norwich era and I look forward to future updates. :thup:

That is great that you can sell players, there is money in the game to go round!

Still have to Download the Database. But have saw screenshots all over my Twitter timeline. You have become a Twitter Hero Fenech. Now lets get #FMLegends Trending. :p

One suggestion would be to slightly rename Frank Lampard the LB as Frank Lampard Sr. Saw the screenshot last night and was confused aswell.

Also boosting up Ronlado at Inter Milan a bit more wont be a bad idea.

Will download it now and start with Man Utd. A few changes I will myself make will be bringing Roy Keane back at United. Will transfer out Ray Wilkins to Chelsea to do that. Any advice on who to transfer out from Chelsea and to place him where? Also what should I transfer into Forest after taking Roy from there?

Cheers

Still have to Download the Database. But have saw screenshots all over my Twitter timeline. You have become a Twitter Hero Fenech. Now lets get #FMLegends Trending. :p

One suggestion would be to slightly rename Frank Lampard the LB as Frank Lampard Sr. Saw the screenshot last night and was confused aswell.

Also boosting up Ronlado at Inter Milan a bit more wont be a bad idea.

Will download it now and start with Man Utd. A few changes I will myself make will be bringing Roy Keane back at United. Will transfer out Ray Wilkins to Chelsea to do that. Any advice on who to transfer out from Chelsea and to place him where? Also what should I transfer into Forest after taking Roy from there?

Cheers

Lets get #FMLegends Trending! :)

I have changed Franks name to Lampard Snr. (he is only 14 though, so that might be a bit confusing too!) I thought that with him being left back, they would know it wasn't frank! lol

I have boosted Ronaldo but made him 1 year older. 24 though, still bang in his prime.

I spoke to Brian Clough and he said the only way he would let go of Roy Keane would be if he could have his son back! :lol: (He nearly gave me a clip round the ear though) ....

I will give you roy keane and I will give forest nigel clough but let me deal with Ray Wilkins. I will update all this shortly. Cheers! :thup:

This is great Fenech really enjoying it so far, just spent my whole transfer budget on Pele for Man Utd! :thup:

That's Great and you got him for a fair price considering he was at Santos! I am really pleased because I didn't want world class players going for next to nothing, and this has been a successful target achieved. Well Done on a great purchase! :applause:

Lets get #FMLegends Trending! :)

I have changed Franks name to Lampard Snr. (he is only 14 though, so that might be a bit confusing too!) I thought that with him being left back, they would know it wasn't frank! lol

I have boosted Ronaldo but made him 1 year older. 24 though, still bang in his prime.

I spoke to Brian Clough and he said the only way he would let go of Roy Keane would be if he could have his son back! :lol: (He nearly gave me a clip round the ear though) ....

I will give you roy keane and I will give forest nigel clough but let me deal with Ray Wilkins. I will update all this shortly. Cheers! :thup:

We can do One thing mate. If you want to keep Roy at Forest and keep things as it is then its fine aswell. I will make the editor changes myself if you can suggest me who to transfer out from Chelsea?

Or another way could be you update the database and let everyone have Roy Keane at Man Utd.

Your choice really.

Will get on to Trending that #FMLegends now. :p

We can do One thing mate. If you want to keep Roy at Forest and keep things as it is then its fine aswell. I will make the editor changes myself if you can suggest me who to transfer out from Chelsea?

Or another way could be you update the database and let everyone have Roy Keane at Man Utd.

Your choice really.

Will get on to Trending that #FMLegends now. :p

I am going to let everyone have Roy at Man United. I am doing it now. Will Update Shortly.

Also I have of course made nigel and brian like each other! I will put nigel at forest. I will let you know as soon as it has been updated, but shouldn't be too long. :thup:

That's Great and you got him for a fair price considering he was at Santos! I am really pleased because I didn't want world class players going for next to nothing, and this has been a successful target achieved. Well Done on a great purchase! :applause:

Yeah was pleased with that as I was worried it would be impossible to sign any of the really top players, the top 5 transfers in my game so far are all Brazilians moving to Europe. The only unrealistic transfer I've seen so far is Cruyff moving for 8 mil think it was because he only has one year left on his contract.

I have a huge dilemma. Cristiano Ronaldo or Beckham for my number 7 at Man Utd?

Beckham! But it is a tough choice, I think on balance, Becks deserves it more, he never left United of his own accord, he would of stayed his whole career if he could. I am sure Ronaldo wouldn't mind....

Yeah was pleased with that as I was worried it would be impossible to sign any of the really top players, the top 5 transfers in my game so far are all Brazilians moving to Europe. The only unrealistic transfer I've seen so far is Cruyff moving for 8 mil think it was because he only has one year left on his contract.

Great! and Well Spotted. I am bit bemused as I deliberately set out to ensure all players had a 3-5 year contract but I suppose it is inevitable that a few would slip by me. I have now changed his contract until 2018 and will be in the next update. Thanks for letting me know as that is what I didn't want to be happening. :thup:

The Next Update will be Soon:

Frank McAvennie to St. Mirren

Juninho to Vasco da Gama

Roy Keane to Man United

Fixed Cruyff Contract.

Changed Frank Lampard at West Ham to Frank Lampard Snr.

Nigel Clough to Nottingham Forest

Ray Wilkins to Chelsea

Michael Essien to Lyon.

Fixed one of Matt Le Tisser mental stats to better reflect his attacking abilities.

Made Nigel and Brian Clough like each other.

Made the 70's Leeds Players Love Don Revie

Made the whole burnley squad like each other to try to recreate the unique team spirit which was heralded as winning them their titles.

Upgrade to Ronaldo, now 1 year older at 24.

Beckham! But it is a tough choice, I think on balance, Becks deserves it more, he never left United of his own accord, he would of stayed his whole career if he could. I am sure Ronaldo wouldn't mind....

lol I had that dilemma too.

But I chose Cristiano because he is in my first eleven, and beckham is a youngster.

Saw the Ajax Squad and was wondering the reason for most players being valued at the 15 - 20m mark. Getting in bids accepted for them at 20-25m would not be a problem I think.

Any ways to increase their Values closer to the values of Players in the English League. ?

Increasing League Reputations was an I idea I received on Twitter from @Acidburn81. Could that work out?

Or are you actually OK with them Valued as they are?

Saw the Ajax Squad and was wondering the reason for most players being valued at the 15 - 20m mark. Getting in bids accepted for them at 20-25m would not be a problem I think.

Any ways to increase their Values closer to the values of Players in the English League. ?

Increasing League Reputations was an I idea I received on Twitter from @Acidburn81. Could that work out?

Or are you actually OK with them Valued as they are?

No I am not! I am fixing this now, and this will be fixed in the next update soon! I will do this fix across the board for other countries where this is applicatble too. It was something I tried to figure out before but was too focused on getting the database ready for release to pay close attention to. I know how to fix it, and this will be done shortly. It was nothing to do with how I was valuing the players, it just had to do with the nation they were playing in, it's a simple enough fix but give me an hour to release the update.. Cheers. :)

No I am not! I am fixing this now, and this will be fixed in the next update soon! I know how to fix it, and this will be done shortly. It was nothing to do with how I was valuing the players, it just had to do with the nation they were playing in, it's a simple enough fix but give me an hour to release the update.. Cheers. :)

Sure. Waiting for the Updated Database. :thup:

Waiting for the updated Database to start a game with Man Utd. have so far done a lot of Scouting work making Shortlists ready.

Been very impressed with the work I have seen so far. Very indepth with the PPM also given to so many of the legends...

Waiting for the updated Database to start a game with Man Utd. have so far done a lot of Scouting work making Shortlists ready.

Been very impressed with the work I have seen so far. Very indepth with the PPM also given to so many of the legends...

The Update is coming in the next 2 minutes.

Big Update:

PLAYER MOVEMENTS

Transfers

Roy Keane transferred from Nottingham Forest to Manchester United

Ray Wilkins has been transferred from Manchester United back to Chelsea

Michael Essien has been transferred from Chelsea back to Lyon

Creations

Nigel Clough has been created and has joined Nottingham Forest

Frank McAvennie created and has joined St. Mirren

Juninho Pernambucano created and has joined Vasco da Gama

RELEASE CLAUSE

Wayne Rooney Highest Earner clause removed.

NATIONALITIES

Mick Lyons has had his Australian Citizenship removed.

Tony Dorigo has gained Australian Citizenship as a second nationality.

CONTRACT CHANGES

Johan Cruyff has been given a longer contract.

NAME CHANGES

Frank Lampard at West Ham to Frank Lampard Snr.

STAT CHANGES

Slight tweak to Matt Le Tissiers Off the Ball and Positioning Stats to better reflect his attacking abilities.

Upgrade to Ronaldo, now 1 year older at 24 with slightly better stats.

PLAYER / MANAGER LIKES/DISLIKES

Made Nigel and Brian Clough like each other.

Made the 70's Leeds Players Love Don Revie

Made the whole burnley squad like each other to try to recreate the unique team spirit which was heralded as winning them their titles.

WAGES & TRANSFER MARKET VALUES

Adjusted Transfer Market & Wages expectations worldwide to ensure even transfer values and more realistic and even wage expectations in accordance with age and current reputation / abilities of players.

Database is now updated! Face Pack will be updated in about 15 mins.... Good Luck!

Fenech, you forgot the mention about Ronney's clause :)

And great job! Will be glad to see Juninho in the game (I hope he can score 40-50 yard free-kicks in the game with a rocket speed :p)

btw, small update - Juninho should be in Lyon in my opinion where he won the league championship 7-8 years in a row

Fenech, you forgot the mention about Ronney's clause :)

And great job! Will be glad to see Juninho in the game (I hope he can score 40-50 yard free-kicks in the game with a rocket speed :p)

btw, small update - Juninho should be in Lyon in my opinion where he won the league championship 7-8 years in a row

Thanks! Rooney added as well. Juninho will be sent to Lyon shortly. :thup:

Archived