Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

They're actually in the second division now. I knew Falcao was born there when I visited, didn't know Valderamma came from Santa Marta too. Valderamma appears in a lot of adverts on Colombian television. Picked up a replica strip from a street vendor there for £3 :thup:

Haven't played a league game yet but my Wednesday save has started well, winning all my pre-season games so far. Di Canio's scored 5 in 3, including a hat-trick in my first ever game. Jack Allen has looked fantastic as the big man option alongside him. Haven't signed anybody significant yet as frankly you don't need to make any signings when you take over as a legendary side (time will tell if that takes away from people's enjoyment of the game) but have signed a good handful of youngsters on free transfers to bulk up the uninhabited youth sides.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're actually in the second division now. I knew Falcao was born there when I visited, didn't know Valderamma came from Santa Marta too. Valderamma appears in a lot of adverts on Colombian television. Picked up a replica strip from a street vendor there for £3 :thup:

Haven't played a league game yet but my Wednesday save has started well, winning all my pre-season games so far. Di Canio's scored 5 in 3, including a hat-trick in my first ever game. Jack Allen has looked fantastic as the big man option alongside him. Haven't signed anybody significant yet as frankly you don't need to make any signings when you take over as a legendary side (time will tell if that takes away from people's enjoyment of the game) but have signed a good handful of youngsters on free transfers to bulk up the uninhabited youth sides.

I think you will find that the transfer market explodes into action at the beginning of the second season but is fairly quiet in the first season. One of the reasons for this, are that's the clubs are waiting for more money, clubs don't really have any desperate need to buy starting out and also, most of these players are at the age they were when they just joined those clubs and the history will show that they just joined the club and where relevant includes the transfer fee they joined for back in the day, so clubs wont try to buy them because they think it's the players first season with the club (recent arrival) which it is, but in the second season, the transfer market explodes into action and there are no shortage of bids.

Well with so many good players not make the 25 man squads, there are lots of young players and good players available on free transfers when the game begins, which means championship sides can really take advantage and build a decent team along with other squads around the world that didn't get a full 25 man squad.

In the next update though, both Portsmouth and Norwich have a full 25 man squad with other championship sides set to follow suit which will ensure a much more competitive championship, more stars and more players available for division one clubs.... as the game is continually updated, there will be more depth and more enjoyment from playing the game. :thup:

Wouldn't want to speak for any Everton fans, but surely in a team of legends they'd put Duncan Ferguson ahead of Daniel Amokachi?

Although I like the fact that Amokachi's in the database to represent Africa as I get the feeling Europe is going to dominate the World Cups! There's so much to see in this database it's a little overwhelming (in a good way), there's hundreds and hundreds of legends I haven't even seen yet :)

Wouldn't want to speak for any Everton fans, but surely in a team of legends they'd put Duncan Ferguson ahead of Daniel Amokachi?

Although I like the fact that Amokachi's in the database to represent Africa as I get the feeling Europe is going to dominate the World Cups! There's so much to see in this database it's a little overwhelming (in a good way), there's hundreds and hundreds of legends I haven't even seen yet :)

Excellent Point! I'll be sending Daniel Amokachi off to Besiktas in Turkey at 24 and putting Duncan Ferguson at Everton in the next update. There really is so many legends and some hidden gems in countries you would never explore. Not every player shows up in player search, you can find them by name or go directly to the club. It is very in depth, and it is going to get even more in depth when the next update comes out. :thup:

Hey Fenech, I'm not sure if this is a mistake/omission on your part or the game has randomly generated the stat but Peter Swan, a 17 y/o CB at Sheffield Wednesday, has 1 for marking.

This is a mistake on my part, thanks for bringing it to my attention. This will be corrected in the next update. :thup:

Hmm I just started a game with the latest update and I have to say the player values really blow, Puskas valued at £55m, I know he is amazing but he plays in a pretty poor league as do many other players, it's not representative of the world transfer market and by the looks of it pretty much all legends are near unobtainable as their clubs slap massive price tags on them, as a United fan I just put in a £60m bid for Jaap Stam, and their negotiated offer was £248m plus £15m over 12 months

Hmm I just started a game with the latest update and I have to say the player values really blow, Puskas valued at £55m, I know he is amazing but he plays in a pretty poor league as do many other players, it's not representative of the world transfer market and by the looks of it pretty much all legends are near unobtainable as their clubs slap massive price tags on them, as a United fan I just put in a £60m bid for Jaap Stam, and their negotiated offer was £248m plus £15m over 12 months

Hi, Thanks for raising this excellent point. Puskas is worth every penny of the 55 million! I don't think a player should be valued less, because he plays in a different part of the world and that is something I wanted to eradicate and from the sounds of things, it seems that I have succeeded in this aim. I am also pleased to hear that clubs are valuing their players highly and this again was an intentional aim, it wouldn't be normal e.g. to pick up Puskas, for a couple of million pounds, not a player of his quality and if I was managing Stam and you offered me 60m, I would prob try to negotiate to 200 odd million as well! :lol: What I have found, is once the first season is finished, the transfer market explodes into action and there is no shortage of legend transfers, so yes I agree it's going to be very quiet in the first year, but in the second year, it will be very busy. :thup:

One of the reasons they are negotiating for high amounts is because a lot of the players have only just joined their clubs, the player history is reflective of this, so they are not going to sell to you, having just bought the player themselves! This is very much the case with Jaap Stam, if you look at his history, he only joined this season, Once the second season gets underway, you should find that various clubs are more reasonable when you bid for their players.

Could you add in Stephen Carr to replace Kyle Walker at Spurs? Carr was our only real star in a pretty awful team, a shining light if you like, whereas Walker although probably of similar quality is just another player in a relatively successful side.

EDIT: Just noticed probably an even better option for that berth: Steve Perryman, in the DB as a DoF for Exeter currently.

Could you add in Stephen Carr to replace Kyle Walker at Spurs? Carr was our only real star in a pretty awful team, a shining light if you like, whereas Walker although probably of similar quality is just another player in a relatively successful side.

EDIT: Just noticed probably an even better option for that berth: Steve Perryman, in the DB as a DoF for Exeter currently.

HI, and thanks for raising an excellent point!

It can't be steve perryman, because I have to replace a right back with a right back in order to maintain the perfect balance of playing positions in each squad.

While Stephen Carr is the easy option, I am actually going to replace Walker with Peter Baker who was part of the double-winning side of 1960-61 and won the FA Cup with Spurs in 1962. He played 299 league games for Tottenham scoring 3 goals. He was one of the finest right backs in the country but the competition with right backs was so strong at the time that he didn't win the international caps he deserved. Perhaps a forgotten man among the spurs fans of today but a true Tottenham hero who was very instrumental in the double winning team, he played almost every game and was well respected amongst spurs fans and players of the time. :thup:

HI, and thanks for raising an excellent point!

It can't be steve perryman, because I have to replace a right back with a right back in order to maintain the perfect balance of playing positions in each squad.

While Stephen Carr is the easy option, I am actually going to replace Walker with Peter Baker who was part of the double-winning side of 1960-61 and won the FA Cup with Spurs in 1962. He played 299 league games for Tottenham scoring 3 goals. He was one of the finest right backs in the country but the competition with right backs was so strong at the time that he didn't win the international caps he deserved. Perhaps a forgotten man among the spurs fans of today but a true Tottenham hero who was very instrumental in the double winning team, he played almost every game and was well respected amongst spurs fans and players of the time. :thup:

Sounds like a good plan! Note that Perryman however did spend a substantial amount of his career at Spurs as a right-back - he first played there in 1976 in a futile attempt to stave off relegation, spent plenty of time either there or at centre-back and made the position his own from 1980-86 once Graham Roberts was bought in.

Sounds like a good plan! Note that Perryman however did spend a substantial amount of his career at Spurs as a right-back - he first played there in 1976 in a futile attempt to stave off relegation, spent plenty of time either there or at centre-back and made the position his own from 1980-86 once Graham Roberts was bought in.

Steve Perryman it is then! :)

Thanks! This update really is amazing, I can't imagine the work that must have gone into it. One small thing though: probably review Luka Modric's stats. He was never a 20 long shots player for sure - mid-teens would be more accurate.

Hi,

Thanks for the appreciation. The whole FM Community on here has made the work more enjoyable for sure, I will have a big update coming out soon with full 25 man squads, for Portsmouth, Norwich, Lyon and Monaco plus a few of these minor fixes and a guarantee of between 25 to 30 extra goalkeepers which will mean that the 100 plus greatest goalkeepers of all time will all be in the game, plus players added from other positions as well. A full change/update list will be provided once the update is released. Luka Modric long shot stat will be fixed in this update as well. :thup:

Leigh Richmond Roose

On 23 April 1910, Roose, by then a very famous former Stoke player, guested – along with Herbert Chapman – for Port Vale in a match against Stoke Reserves that would decide the winner of the North Staffordshire and District League. Roose not only insisted on playing against his former club while wearing his old Stoke shirt, but aroused the ire of the 7,000 strong crowd with his breathtaking play. He "saved every shot with such arrogant ease that the furious crowd spilled onto the field, only the brave intervention of the local constabulary saving him from a ducking in the River Trent." In the course of the same fracas, Stoke's chairman, the Reverend A.E. Hurst, ran onto the pitch to appeal for calm and was knocked out by one of his own forwards. The result was appealed to the Staffordshire FA, which declared the championship void, and Stoke's ground was closed for the first fortnight of the 1910–11 season. Roose is reported to have said, in his own defence, that he had believed the game to be a friendly and had not realised a championship was at stake.

He is off to Stoke City. :)

I'd certainly appreciate a couple of more Polish players if you think they're deserving, such as Wlodzimiersz Lubanski, Kazimierz Deyna and Andrej Szarmach.

Perhaps Milan Baros :D as his international record was quite good, and maybe Andrei Kanchelskis?

Will probably have a few more names that pop up in my head but wow, what fantastic work. Thanks a lot for this.

Edit : Oooh, this is an outside shot, but how about Robin Friday?

I'd certainly appreciate a couple of more Polish players if you think they're deserving, such as Wlodzimiersz Lubanski, Kazimierz Deyna and Andrej Szarmach.

Perhaps Milan Baros :D as his international record was quite good, and maybe Andrei Kanchelskis?

Will probably have a few more names that pop up in my head but wow, what fantastic work. Thanks a lot for this.

Edit : Oooh, this is an outside shot, but how about Robin Friday?

Hi Chief 232,

Thank you for the excellent points you raise!

Włodzimierz Lubański is created and will be in the next update.

Kazimierz Deyna is created and will be in the next update.

Andrzej Szarmach is being researched and will be in the next update.

Milan Baros is created and will be in the next update.

Andrei Kanchelskis is created and will be in the next update.

Robin Friday is being researched and will be in the next update.

Your welcome! I hope you enjoy the game. :thup:

Fenech, could you post some of the Lyon squad :)

I will post the whole team, I have created them and they have a full set of 25 players. But I still have to code and photo them all, once that is done I will release them.

Waiting nnow for the Big update after which I will start a Save. Have scouted the Database as vast as I could so far. Been very impressed I must add. Any plans on a Friday Release ?

This is going to be a really big update. I can't put an exact timeframe on it at the moment. Besides new 25 man teams and some small fixes, there are a lot of new players. (Stars and Legends) from all over the world joining the Diamond Generation in the Ultimate Football Show on Earth! :lol: The game is already in a lot of depth but this is going to bring the game into even more depth, and a full update/changelist will be provided upon its release. :thup:

Fenech, do you think Middlesbrough will be in your next update at all?

I'm currently enjoying an Arsenal save. So much to take in with this database, it takes me about a day to complete a week on fm!

This is probably the best database I've ever played on FM (and I've played A LOT over the years). It's like a different game, something I'd pay for. At the minute I've got a 'normal' save and an Arsenal save with this. I've never been so anti-social in my life! :-D

Fenech, do you think Middlesbrough will be in your next update at all?

I'm currently enjoying an Arsenal save. So much to take in with this database, it takes me about a day to complete a week on fm!

This is probably the best database I've ever played on FM (and I've played A LOT over the years). It's like a different game, something I'd pay for. At the minute I've got a 'normal' save and an Arsenal save with this. I've never been so anti-social in my life! :-D

Middlesbrough will be in the next update. The next update will be big.

Thanks for the appreciation and I did say it would be like playing a different game! This is my donation to the whole FM community. If you want to pay, then please donate to your favourite charity. :) Hopefully the next update will make the game even better and to even greater depth than it already is. Good Luck with Arsenal, and look forward to Middlesbrough! :thup:

Legends/Very best players of Norway

(Apologies if some or all of these are duplicates. Added club and age to their name after where their highlights started.)

Blackburn

- Henning Berg (24 years old in 1993. A great career in Blackburn. He was also an important player for Man Utd between 1997-2000, before going back to Blackburn again)

Liverpool

- John Arne Riise (21 years old in 2001. Riise had 4-5 very good seasons for Liverpool between 2001-05. Especially known for his powerful shots. He really has some of the best goals in English football history)

Manchester United

- Ole Gunnar Solskjær (23 years old in 1996. You already know him. Perhaps world`s greatest sub)

Southampton

- Claus Lundekvam (23 years old in 1996. He was an important player for Southampton and was their captain for several years).

Tottenham

- Erik Thorstvedt (27 years old in 1989. Was a solid first choice keeper at Spurs for years)

Bodø/Glimt

- Harald Berg (17 years old in 1958. Was a Maradona-kinda guy, known for his dribbling skills. He also played very well for Lyn Fotball and FC Den Haag before heading back to Bodø/Glimt again).

IK Start

- Erik Mykland (18 years old in 1989. A short layed back Jesus-looking guy, but extremely technical. He retired in 2004 but made a comeback in 2008, 36 years old, and still a quality player. He retired after being charged with possession and use of cocaine.)

Larvik Turn

- Gunnar Thoresen (17 years old in 1937. One of the best players in Norway in the 40`s and 50`s, if not the best. Scored 91 goals in 116 games in Norwegian Premier Division. A very loyal player. Followed Larvik up and down. Had 476 games for Larvik in his 25 years at the club)

Lillestrøm SK

- Tom Lund (17 years old in 1967. Considered one of the best Norwegian players of all time. Extremely loyal. Turned down Ajax, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich)

Lyn Fotball

- Jørgen Juve (20 years old in 1926. He is still the highest scoring footballer for Norway with 33 goals in 45 caps. He was captain when Norway won Olympic Bronze medal in 1936).

- Arne Brustad (18 years old in 1930. Was a key player in Norway`s Olympic Bronze medal in 1936. Was named the best player for Europe XI team in a 0-3 defeat against England in 1938).

Molde

- Kjetil Rekdal (17 years old in 1985. He had a great last season in Molde before M'gladbach bought him without any success there. He went off to Lierse where he had six fantastic seasons. After a short unsuccessful stay at Rennes he joined Hertha Berlin where he now has a honorable status for his performance)

Rosenborg BK

- Odd Iversen (20 years old in 1965. A goal machine. Considered to be one of Norway`s best strikers of all time. Father of Steffen Iversen who played for Tottenham)

- Roar Strand (19 years old in 1989. A never-ending work machine. He ran and ran and didn`t stop before he retired. A very solid midfielder. He holds the record for most matches played in Norwegian Premier League with 440 games).

- Øyvind Leonhardsen (22 years old in 1992. He was voted Player`s Player of the year in RBK before Wimbledon bought him. After a couple of successful seasons for him there he went to Liverpool and then Tottenham, where he also played fairly well).

- John Carew (20 years old in 1999. He only played half a season before he went off to Valencia, but he was exceptional brilliant for RBK,scoring 18 goals in 17 games. His first two seasons at Valencia was very good. He also played fairly well for Besiktas before becoming an average player in France and England).

- Frode Johnsen (26 years old in 2000. He just scored a lot of goals. Was an important player for RBK before he went off to China).

- Erik Hoftun (25 years old in 1994. He was a strong and solid defender for many seasons. He was ranked the 86th best player out of a list of 250 greatest European football players of all time).

- Andrè Bergdølmo (26 years old in 1997. He was considered the best defender in Norway. He later went on to a successful spell at Ajax where he was the vise-captain when they won the league and the cup in 2002).

Sandefjord Ballklubb

- Thorbjørn Svenssen (21 years old in 1945. Was a captain for Norway`s national team for 15 years.)

SK Brann

- Roald Jensen (17 years old in 1960. Also played for Heart of Medlothian, where he was their first non-British player. He has an award named after him, the Kniksen Award, an award to honor the best players in Norway`s premier division).

- Thorstein Helstad (21 years old in 1998. The top goal scorer in Norwegian Premier League in 2000 and 2001. He played for several clubs in Austria and France but without any success. He rejoined with Brann in between and again scored lots of goals).

Sogndal Fotball

- Tore Andrè Flo (20 years old in 1993. Flo was a great player at Sogndal, Tromsø and Brann before his successful stay at Chelsea. He also had a couple of great years for Rangers before being sold to Sunderland and a couple of seasons in Siena).

Viking FK

- Reidar Kvammen (17 years old in 1931. A great player. Played on the Norway team`s bronze medal in the 1936 Olympics)

Vålerenga IF

- Henry Johansen (19 years old in 1923. Was a great keeper and was solid when Norway took bronze medal Olympic Summer Games in 1936. Germans considered him as the best foreign keeper in history at the time who had played on German land).

Tromsø IL

- Sigurd Rushfeldt (20 years old in 1992. The most scoring player in Norwegian Premier League. Was also a key player for Rosenborg BK and Austria Wien. In Rosenborg he scored 67 goals in 66 matches)

FC Groningen

- Erik Nevland (27 years old in 2000. Even though he was great in Viking FK, he was even greater in Groningen)

PSV Eindhoven

- Hallvar Thoresen (24 years old in 1981. A key player, topscorer and vise-captain for Ruud Gullit when PSV won the Champions Cup/Champions League in 1988)

Werder Bremen

- Rune Bratseth (26 years old in 1987. Was named the best Norwegian footballer of the past 50 years.)

Legends/Very best players of Norway

(Apologies if some or all of these are duplicates. Added club and age to their name after where their highlights started.)

Blackburn

- Henning Berg (24 years old in 1993. A great career in Blackburn. He was also an important player for Man Utd between 1997-2000, before going back to Blackburn again)

Liverpool

- John Arne Riise (21 years old in 2001. Riise had 4-5 very good seasons for Liverpool between 2001-05. Especially known for his powerful shots. He really has some of the best goals in English football history)

Manchester United

- Ole Gunnar Solskjær (23 years old in 1996. You already know him. Perhaps world`s greatest sub)

Southampton

- Claus Lundekvam (23 years old in 1996. He was an important player for Southampton and was their captain for several years).

Tottenham

- Erik Thorstvedt (27 years old in 1989. Was a solid first choice keeper at Spurs for years)

Bodø/Glimt

- Harald Berg (17 years old in 1958. Was a Maradona-kinda guy, known for his dribbling skills. He also played very well for Lyn Fotball and FC Den Haag before heading back to Bodø/Glimt again).

IK Start

- Erik Mykland (18 years old in 1989. A short layed back Jesus-looking guy, but extremely technical. He retired in 2004 but made a comeback in 2008, 36 years old, and still a quality player. He retired after being charged with possession and use of cocaine.)

Larvik Turn

- Gunnar Thoresen (17 years old in 1937. One of the best players in Norway in the 40`s and 50`s, if not the best. Scored 91 goals in 116 games in Norwegian Premier Division. A very loyal player. Followed Larvik up and down. Had 476 games for Larvik in his 25 years at the club)

Lillestrøm SK

- Tom Lund (17 years old in 1967. Considered one of the best Norwegian players of all time. Extremely loyal. Turned down Ajax, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich)

Lyn Fotball

- Jørgen Juve (20 years old in 1926. He is still the highest scoring footballer for Norway with 33 goals in 45 caps. He was captain when Norway won Olympic Bronze medal in 1936).

- Arne Brustad (18 years old in 1930. Was a key player in Norway`s Olympic Bronze medal in 1936. Was named the best player for Europe XI team in a 0-3 defeat against England in 1938).

Molde

- Kjetil Rekdal (17 years old in 1985. He had a great last season in Molde before M'gladbach bought him without any success there. He went off to Lierse where he had six fantastic seasons. After a short unsuccessful stay at Rennes he joined Hertha Berlin where he now has a honorable status for his performance)

Rosenborg BK

- Odd Iversen (20 years old in 1965. A goal machine. Considered to be one of Norway`s best strikers of all time. Father of Steffen Iversen who played for Tottenham)

- Roar Strand (19 years old in 1989. A never-ending work machine. He ran and ran and didn`t stop before he retired. A very solid midfielder. He holds the record for most matches played in Norwegian Premier League with 440 games).

- Øyvind Leonhardsen (22 years old in 1992. He was voted Player`s Player of the year in RBK before Wimbledon bought him. After a couple of successful seasons for him there he went to Liverpool and then Tottenham, where he also played fairly well).

- John Carew (20 years old in 1999. He only played half a season before he went off to Valencia, but he was exceptional brilliant for RBK,scoring 18 goals in 17 games. His first two seasons at Valencia was very good. He also played fairly well for Besiktas before becoming an average player in France and England).

- Frode Johnsen (26 years old in 2000. He just scored a lot of goals. Was an important player for RBK before he went off to China).

- Erik Hoftun (25 years old in 1994. He was a strong and solid defender for many seasons. He was ranked the 86th best player out of a list of 250 greatest European football players of all time).

- Andrè Bergdølmo (26 years old in 1997. He was considered the best defender in Norway. He later went on to a successful spell at Ajax where he was the vise-captain when they won the league and the cup in 2002).

Sandefjord Ballklubb

- Thorbjørn Svenssen (21 years old in 1945. Was a captain for Norway`s national team for 15 years.)

SK Brann

- Roald Jensen (17 years old in 1960. Also played for Heart of Medlothian, where he was their first non-British player. He has an award named after him, the Kniksen Award, an award to honor the best players in Norway`s premier division).

- Thorstein Helstad (21 years old in 1998. The top goal scorer in Norwegian Premier League in 2000 and 2001. He played for several clubs in Austria and France but without any success. He rejoined with Brann in between and again scored lots of goals).

Sogndal Fotball

- Tore Andrè Flo (20 years old in 1993. Flo was a great player at Sogndal, Tromsø and Brann before his successful stay at Chelsea. He also had a couple of great years for Rangers before being sold to Sunderland and a couple of seasons in Siena).

Viking FK

- Reidar Kvammen (17 years old in 1931. A great player. Played on the Norway team`s bronze medal in the 1936 Olympics)

Vålerenga IF

- Henry Johansen (19 years old in 1923. Was a great keeper and was solid when Norway took bronze medal Olympic Summer Games in 1936. Germans considered him as the best foreign keeper in history at the time who had played on German land).

Tromsø IL

- Sigurd Rushfeldt (20 years old in 1992. The most scoring player in Norwegian Premier League. Was also a key player for Rosenborg BK and Austria Wien. In Rosenborg he scored 67 goals in 66 matches)

FC Groningen

- Erik Nevland (27 years old in 2000. Even though he was great in Viking FK, he was even greater in Groningen)

PSV Eindhoven

- Hallvar Thoresen (24 years old in 1981. A key player, topscorer and vise-captain for Ruud Gullit when PSV won the Champions Cup/Champions League in 1988)

Werder Bremen

- Rune Bratseth (26 years old in 1987. Was named the best Norwegian footballer of the past 50 years.)

Hi HOAX,

Thanks for this information. It is very useful. I will be ensuring these Norwegian Legends are all in the next update. Some of the them are in there already but the rest will be added for sure. :thup:

Someone is giving too much credits for Norway :)

After seeing some of the added players I would say all of these Norwegians deserves a place. Many of them never played in England so you may not have heard of them, but that doesn`t mean they didn`t have top qualities.

@Fenech - Thanks man. Great work by the way. Sorry I didn`t say that before. Looking forward to the update mate :)

After seeing some of the added players I would say all of these Norwegians deserves a place. Many of them never played in England so you may not have heard of them, but that doesn`t mean they didn`t have top qualities.

@Fenech - Thanks man. Great work by the way. Sorry I didn`t say that before. Looking forward to the update mate :)

Thanks for the support and there are many great players who never played in England and many great players who never left their homeland mainly because players never used to move about as much as they do today. Loyalty is very much an attribute I would associate more with the older generation players, whereas today, a player might move about many times in his career, is there many one club men today compared to yesteryear? We only need to look at Pele himself who played for Santos for the majority of his career but finally ending up at New York Cosmos. If Pele had started again today, would he have played for Santos his whole career? There are many great English players who wouldn't be as well known abroad because they never played in other countries and vice versa. This is more the case with the older generation players because media, social networks, communication and worldwide information was not as advanced and widespread as it is today. :thup:

@Fenech - I got split views on that guy, but ok. What I like most about Gamst is his free kicks, corners, crossings, long shots and long passes from the side.

If it was up to me then I would do a couple of changes in his attributes:

free kicks (18)

corners (19)

crossing (18)

long shots (17)

passing (18)

heading (10)

long throws (16)

technique (11)

composure (11)

creativity (12)

determination (11)

balance (14)

natural fitness (15)

Thanks for the support and there are many great players who never played in England and many great players who never left their homeland mainly because players never used to move about as much as they do today. Loyalty is very much an attribute I would associate more with the older generation players, whereas today, a player might move about many times in his career, is there many one club men today compared to yesteryear? We only need to look at Pele himself who played for Santos for the majority of his career but finally ending up at New York Cosmos. If Pele had started again today, would he have played for Santos his whole career? There are many great English players who wouldn't be as well known abroad because they never played in other countries and vice versa. This is more the case with the older generation players because media, social networks, communication and worldwide information was not as advanced and widespread as it is today. :thup:

I couldn`t agree more. Some of the main reasons why players were more local before I think was traveling was harder, made less money even as a professional, people stayed more with their families, many had other jobs as well and so on...

@Fenech - I got split views on that guy, but ok. What I like most about Gamst is his free kicks, corners, crossings, long shots and long passes from the side.

If it was up to me then I would do a couple of changes in his attributes:

free kicks (18)

corners (19)

crossing (18)

long shots (17)

passing (18)

heading (10)

long throws (16)

technique (11)

composure (11)

creativity (12)

determination (11)

balance (14)

natural fitness (15)

Hi HOAX,

Thanks for this information, and here is an updated screenshot in line with your recommendations. It's great to have a Norwegian expert advisor on board :thup:

MortenGamstPedersen_OverviewProfile-9_zps4e919bba.png

I couldn`t agree more. Some of the main reasons why players were more local before I think was traveling was harder, made less money even as a professional, people stayed more with their families, many had other jobs as well and so on...

Absolutely. The motives for moving are much greater today, especially with the financial benefits on offer :thup:

Archived