Ultimate Stars And Legends Game FM14 (1880's - 2014)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fenech, i have asked this question on our official forum to some of our older supporters to help you in your research as my list may not be the best (and it makes a very interesting topic). I was told it's a great effort.

here is the link

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=104&fid=297&sty=2&act=1&mid=2110969860

Thanks again! This is fantastic work, and this list is going to be very helpful in putting together 25 of Burnley's best ever players from 1888 - 2014.

Much Appreciated indeed. :thup: A lot of time is taken up by researching so this will also shorten the timeframe to complete the project.

Fantastic job Fenech.

Any ETA on this marvelous work?

I am looking to get this released as soon as possible, I wouldn't like to put a timeframe on it, but it is coming soon. I would be surprised if it isn't ready before the end of this month.

As long as progress continues to be made, each day is a step closer to completion and I really do appreciate your patience with this. It is going to be well worth the wait. :thup:

I am looking to get this released as soon as possible, I wouldn't like to put a timeframe on it, but it is coming soon. I would be surprised if it isn't ready before the end of this month.

As long as progress continues to be made, each day is a step closer to completion and I really do appreciate your patience with this. It is going to be well worth the wait. :thup:

With your awesome work, I am sure everyday of waiting is worth it.

Well done, cheers mate.

Is there anything the I or the community could do to help?

Thanks and I appreciate the offer. If anyone would like to come up with the best ever 25 Wolves or West Brom players that will help me save time on researching them. I am looking for the best players from the 1800's - 2014 and 2 players for each position if possible. Huddersfield Town is another one I might take a look at as they won 3 league championships so they must of had some good players down the years as well. Any help is greatly appreciated as research takes up time, so by shortening the research time, the project can be finished sooner.

Let me introduce you to the Clown Prince of Soccer. Len Shackleton was one of the greatest football entertainers the game has ever produced. He played simply to entertain the crowds.

"Apart from the adhesive ball control and breathtaking body swerve, Shack could hit a ball. His slender legs could crack the ball like a Bofors gun." Malcolm Hartley

During games he frequently exhibited behaviour which pleased many of his fans, though upset much of the football establishment, and some in the game thought his antics to be "unsportsman-like". On one occasion, 2–1 up against Arsenal with 5 minutes to go, he dribbled the ball into The Gunners' penalty area before putting his foot on it, pretending to comb his hair while looking at his watch. Other examples include mocking opposition full-backs by playing one-twos with the corner flag, literally sitting on the ball to torment defenders who couldn't dispossess him, and teasing a beaten goalkeeper by putting his foot on the ball on the goal line.

One of his contemporaries remarked: "Once in possession, and few can match his dexterity at bringing the ball under control, the ball becomes his slave. All the skills of inside forward play – dribbling, feinting, correct positioning and accurate passing are his to command." He was also adept at back heeling penalty kicks into the goal.

On announcing his retirement he famously threw a penny into the air and caught it on his instep before flicking into the air and catching it in his chest pocket in front of watching journalists. He said that the average directors knowledge of football consists of a single blank page.

The FA were not impressed and he was seldom picked for England because of his antic upsetting the FA establishment, on one of the few occasions he was picked for England, he scored a goal against Germany by chipping the ball into the net. His curtailed international career owes much to England selectors like the one who refused to pick him, "because we play at Wembley stadium, not the London Palladium."

In a tour game he beat the entire opposition defence and ran alone towards the goal. He stopped the ball on the line and rolled it back to Ford. "Now say I never pass to you," Shack shouted. Another example of his fun attitude to football was in a match with Manchester City. Sunderland were awarded a penalty. Shack decided to take the kick and retreated to the half way line for his run up. The great Frank Swift was in goal for City. Shack raced in but at the last moment, with Swifty already committed to dive one way, Shack stopped and gently back heeled the ball into the empty half of the net. As the players returned to line up for the restart Swifty charged after Shack, grabbed him by the head and landed a big kiss on his forehead. When will you see anything like that again? Len Shackleton wasn't really into physical training. Apparently he used to run around the pitch whilst keeping a ball in the air the whole time.

"Shackleton was unpredictable, brilliantly inconsistent, flamboyant, radical and mischievous; in short, he possessed all the attributes of a footballing genius which he undoubtedly was." Sir Stanley Matthews

Send in the Clowns! Where are the Clowns? The Clown Prince of Soccer, there will never be another Len Shackleton and we feature him here today.

LenShackleton_OverviewProfile-2_zps05a9bb11.png

Lets take a look at the club formerly known as Hotspur FC, better known today as Tottenham Hotspur FC or Spurs for Short. We have players here from the great 1961 double winning side, we have the double winning manager and players from the 1950 championship winning team and some names you might remember from not too long ago, they are the first and only non league club to have won the FA Cup in 1901. They also have the chairman, they had when they won the historic double in 1961, a very well respected man who had been on the board since 1909, Chairman since 1943 and President since 1961 to 1964, which means he served the club for over 50 years! Here comes The Lilywhites!

Chairman: Fred Bearman

Manager: Bill Nicholson

TottenhamHotspur_SquadPlayers-3_zps37d89423.png

Update: So far I have been releasing teams that I feel are close to completion but not Final teams. The aim of this is to give fans of those teams an opportunity to mention players who are not currently in the top 25 but feel strongly that player from 1880s to present day deserves to be there. I am determined that each club should have close to the best ever 25 players however there is also the need to have a balance of playing positions throughout.

Over the course of the next week I will be finalising and announcing teams which are final so that means final research will be made and suggestions taken on board and a team will be updated and announced as Final meaning no further changes can be made after that point to the team.

That is because I will be completely satisfied that the team has its best possible 25 players and is ready to rock n roll.

The Arsenal team will be finalised first. Thanks for your patience. The next club to be released will be Burnley.

Estimated release date: TBA

Any Questions or Suggestions please do not hesitate to ask.

I've a suggestion for you: Chris Waddle at Sheffield Wednesday (unless he's going to be at Marseille) and David Hirst also. Not to mention Kevin Pressman, Johnny Fantham, Martin Hodge, Carlton Palmer, Des Walker, Mel Sterland and a host of others.

I've a suggestion for you: Chris Waddle at Sheffield Wednesday (unless he's going to be at Marseille) and David Hirst also. Not to mention Kevin Pressman, Johnny Fantham, Martin Hodge, Carlton Palmer, Des Walker, Mel Sterland and a host of others.

Thanks for your suggestions. Much Appreciated. I will take all your suggestions into consideration. :thup:

I can tell you that Des Walker started at Nottingham Forest so he is there and he never went to Sheffield until he was 28. I can also mention that Chris Waddle was at Newcastle and Spurs before joining Wednesday in his thirties so he will remain at Spurs. I also think that Sheffield has two better right wingers at the club already.

In regards to Carlton Palmer, I debated many times about whether to include him, but when researching him, he was actually named recently in one of the 11 worst players ever to play for England and has got some negative reports so I am not sure if he makes the top 4 or 5 midfielders to ever play for Sheffield Wednesday. The Wednesday team isn't finalist yet, however they are currently coming in at media prediction 8th, so if you think of any more names please let me know, and I will certainly do extra research into the other names you have mentioned and compare them to the quality of players who are in the squad already before deciding whether to include them or not.

Release date?

The release date is: TBA - To Be Announced. It is coming soon, I would be surprised if it is not released before the end of this month. Thank you for your patience with this. :thup:

Vivien John Woodward

He captained Great Britain to a gold medal in the 1908 Olympics, and he repeated that feat in the 1912 Olympics in Stockholm. He scored 29 goals in 23 matches for England, this is remarkable because it was very difficult to even get caps for England in these days as you didn't have anywhere near the amount of matches that national teams play today, 23 caps is the equivalent of well over 100 caps today. Vivien John Woodward was one of footballs first ever Super Stars!

Woodward's key assets to the side were his ability to take players on with the ball and to pick out a pass to a colleague to use the space they were in to the maximum effect. His quick passing became a noted aspect of his game. Woodward made a name for himself as a darting forward, who would be able to beat his opponent with skill rather than more physical means. Vivian's control and body swerve gave full backs a tough time in trying to get the ball from him and his running off the ball gave an early indication of what would be refined into the "push and run" game Tottenham would adopt later in the club's history. He was regularly among the goals and his pace often took him into goal-scoring positions, with the resulting efforts on goal more often being deliberately placed rather than blasted home, although he had that ability if it was needed.

"Woodward was versatile, consistent, and clever with his heading... And it should be remembered that Woodward... was faster than he looked, and that he had a neat trick of feinting, or what some call 'selling the dummy'." Frederick Wall, the president of the Football Association

"On our side at inside-left was the immaculate Vivian J. Woodward. It was the first time I had figured in the same team with this great sportsman and brilliant player. Woodward, rather frailly built though above average height, could play anywhere in the three inside-forward positions. He was the perfect example of a "two-footed" player. Rarely have I seen another forward do so much with so little apparent effort. He made the ball do the work, opening up the play and finding his colleagues with beautifully-timed passes. He seemed to stroll through the game yet was seldom out of position. He did his best to make the game easy for those who were playing around him. I could not tell, really, if he were fast or not. He seemed to have no concern with speed." Charlie Buchan (Creator of the Footballer of the Year award and one of the founders of the FWA)

He served in the British Army during the First World War, Woodward's injuries during the war caused his retirement from football. Vivian J. Woodward was one of the greatest centre forwards England ever had and we feature him here today.

VivianWoodward_OverviewProfile-3_zpsd6814d4f.png

:/ Was just going to suggest Bergkamp rather than rvp..

Hello, Thanks for your suggestion and it is a very good shout. Bergkamp is going to be with Ajax as he was at Ajax before he went to Arsenal.

I am bringing back the Ajax Golden Generation and Bergkamp is going to be very much a part of that team. :thup:

Sol Campbell at Spurs? Come on man. No doubt he was good for us, but he's now completely and utterly despised by every Spurs fan. Replace him with Ledley King, an actual Spurs legend.

Thanks for bringing this up and of course you are right. I completely agree and will be making this change now. The Tottenham squad will be updated shortly and Sol Campbell will be replaced with a 16 year old Ledley King which is the age he was when he joined Spurs, A fresh start for Ledley and I am sure Arsenal would welcome Sol back into the fold. :thup:

You have Maradona at Barcelona but wouldn´t Napoli be a bitter fit?

Thank you for your suggestion and of course you make an excellent point. I have thought about this before and there are two main reasons that Diego is at Barcelona, Firstly it is because he was at Barcelona before he joined Napoli and players are generally going to the first top division club they joined at the exact age they joined those clubs, and Secondly because for the very top players, they will start the game coming into their prime. Maradona is 22 at Barcelona and very much coming into this prime. Whilst I do agree with you that of course Napoli would be a better fit, he qualified for Barcelona because he was there before he joined Napoli. :thup:

Thanks for your suggestions. Much Appreciated. I will take all your suggestions into consideration. :thup:

I can tell you that Des Walker started at Nottingham Forest so he is there and he never went to Sheffield until he was 28. I can also mention that Chris Waddle was at Newcastle and Spurs before joining Wednesday in his thirties so he will remain at Spurs. I also think that Sheffield has two better right wingers at the club already.

In regards to Carlton Palmer, I debated many times about whether to include him, but when researching him, he was actually named recently in one of the 11 worst players ever to play for England and has got some negative reports so I am not sure if he makes the top 4 or 5 midfielders to ever play for Sheffield Wednesday. The Wednesday team isn't finalist yet, however they are currently coming in at media prediction 8th, so if you think of any more names please let me know, and I will certainly do extra research into the other names you have mentioned and compare them to the quality of players who are in the squad already before deciding whether to include them or not.

Fair enough re: Waddle and Walker, I just hadn't seen them in the other teams (obviously not looking hard enough).

It's certainly popular for the media to deride Palmer but whilst he perhaps found his England career difficult, he's definitely one of the best players Wednesday* have ever had and certainly he's held in higher regard as a player than Gary Megson, for example. How exactly do you think he earned an England call-up? Palmer was an integral part of Wednesday's last purple patch, when we were arguably one of the top teams in the country. He was one of our top players at that time.

*btw, there's no such team as Sheffield; it's Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United and Sheffield FC, calling any of the three simply "Sheffield" is punishable by firing squad.

Fair enough re: Waddle and Walker, I just hadn't seen them in the other teams (obviously not looking hard enough).

It's certainly popular for the media to deride Palmer but whilst he perhaps found his England career difficult, he's definitely one of the best players Wednesday* have ever had and certainly he's held in higher regard as a player than Gary Megson, for example. How exactly do you think he earned an England call-up? Palmer was an integral part of Wednesday's last purple patch, when we were arguably one of the top teams in the country. He was one of our top players at that time.

*btw, there's no such team as Sheffield; it's Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United and Sheffield FC, calling any of the three simply "Sheffield" is punishable by firing squad.

I'm only bringing back one Sheffield (Wednesday) but yes you are right, I should have been more specific! Sheffield Wednesday or The Wednesday as they used to be called. I did read a report where they said the only reason for his England inclusion was because Graham Taylor was picking the squad and therefore had no idea what he was doing! lol

That being said, I actually was seriously thinking of including him, and I think you are right, he is one of the best players Sheffield Wednesday ever had, I can confirm therefore that he will be in the final Sheffield Wednesday squad and I will include him. :thup:

Can't wait to play this, it's looking excellent so far. Any chance we could see some screenshots of a foreign team? I'm thinking of Torino in Italy and their stars of the 40's, if you've got that far.

Thanks.

Thanks for this Question and I have got this far, this is a special team for many reasons, I will be releasing Torino today. The whole of Grand Torino is back and they have a fully strong 25 man squad and I can tell you that they are currently media prediction 1st. More will be revealed about this very special team when I release them today. :thup:

Among the most successful clubs in Italy, Torino have won the league title seven times. Between 1942 and 1949, the club won five successive league titles, tying the all-time record, as well as becoming the first Italian club to win the double.

Presenting to you today, The Grand Torino - The Greatest Team in all of Italy - They dominated the Italian league in the 40's. We welcome back The Grand Torino's, and we also welcome back the best of the rest of Torino today. Some of the finest talent to ever grace the world of football played for this team in the forties.

Then in 1949 the worst thing imaginable happened, every single player and staff died in a plane crash, there were no survivors. A horrific event which shook the whole of football to its very core. So much fine talent and abilities went down on that plane.

"Ernest Erbstein’s Torino had already put into practice – in the forties – tactical concepts that have only been fully assimilated in recent years, that Torino came to the conclusion that it was not a matter of attackers, half-backs and full-backs. They were able to create, ahead of their time, a remarkable symbiosis between each position added to the undeniable modernity of the system, the whole squad was of a remarkable technical level.” Amedeo Amadei

Such was their dominance of the domestic game that, on one occasion, Torino provided 10 of the starting XI for an Italy international game against Hungary. Symbolically, it was former Italy coach Vittorio Pozzo who took on the responsibility of identifying the bodies of the Torino players and management following the crash which took the lives of all on board the Fiat G-212 plane on the Superga hilltop, overlooking Turin.

18 great players died that afternoon: Valerio Bacigalupo, Aldo Ballarin, Dino Ballarin, Emile Bongiorni, Eusebio Castigliano, Rubens Fadini, Guglielmo Gabetto, Ruggero Grava, Giuseppe Grezar, Ezio Loik, Virgilio Maroso, Danilo Martelli, Valentino Mazzola, Romeo Menti, Piero Operto, Franco Ossola, Mario Rigamonti and Giulio Schubert.

We honour all those players and staff by recreating the team, the management and the chairman and releasing them here today. The Grande Torino were no ordinary champions. They dominated Italian football in the forties and became a symbol of resurgent post-war Italy, whether in the granata of Toro or the azzurri of the national team. We remember the men who lost their lives in the Superga air disaster on 4 May 1949…....

Chairman: Urbano Roberto Cairo (Ferruccio Novo)

Manager: Ernest Erbstein

Assistant Manager: Leslie Lievesley

Coach: Mario Sperone

Torino_SquadPlayers-3_zpsca614550.png

I'm only bringing back one Sheffield (Wednesday) but yes you are right, I should have been more specific! Sheffield Wednesday or The Wednesday as they used to be called. I did read a report where they said the only reason for his England inclusion was because Graham Taylor was picking the squad and therefore had no idea what he was doing! lol

That being said, I actually was seriously thinking of including him, and I think you are right, he is one of the best players Sheffield Wednesday ever had, I can confirm therefore that he will be in the final Sheffield Wednesday squad and I will include him. :thup:

Nice one :thup:

The Man of Impossible Goals

Ezio Loik was legendary Croatian-Italian player who was killed in the tragedy of Grande Torino. Loik played mainly as wing half and inside forward, he was very endurable player and strong despite the small size but he had very muscular body. He was player with great defensive work, tenacious in covering and strong in tackling, had very strong shot with both left and right foot which enabled him to be one of the leading scorers in the team. Loik had good ball control, very secure on the ball, didn't have a great pace but was tactically very smart with good vision and was considered the "engine" of the team. When he played for Venice, he was regarded by the fans as 'The man of impossible goals' because many of the goals he scored defied logic, they were scored from impossible angles. Very Strong and Agile, but slow in his movement, the Torino fans called him, The Elephant.

After returning from Lisbon, 4 May 1949, the three-engined Fiat 212 G. of Aviolinee Italiane found a thick fog that enveloped Turin and the surrounding hills. At 17:05, off course due to the lack of visibility, the aircraft crashed into the supporting wall of the Basilica of Superga. The impact caused the instantaneous death of all the thirty-one people on board, including players, coaching staff, journalists and crew. For the reputation of the team, the tragedy was well covered in the world press, as well as in Italy. The day of the funeral almost a million people took to the streets of Turin to give a final farewell to the champions.

Torino was forced to play the youth team in the last four games, and the opponents did the same in turn. Torino won the 1948–49 championship. It would have been Ezio's fourth Italian title with Torino. He was simply a Legend who moved like an Elephant, was the heartbeat for one of the greatest clubs in the history of world football and scored some impossible goals!

EzioLoik_OverviewProfile-3_zps65c56cac.png

Today is a preview of the Manchester United Squad. This may not be the final Manchester United team but it is very close to it.

Chairman: James Gibson

Manager: Sir Matt Busby

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers_zps30135a03.png

Looks excellent so far but just got a few things about the United squad:

Personally I wouldn't have Poborsky anywhere near a team of United legends (nor Hernandez). It'd also be nice to see Denis Irwin feature, as many United fans consider him our best full back ever. He was also our most decorated player until his retirement I believe.

I'd also take Roy Keane from Forest, where he was only a young player and put him with United, where he spent his best years. He was still young when he came to United and spent over 10 years here.

Anyway, keep it up, looks great.

Fenech, what happens to the original players in these legends teams? for example where will Welbeck and Januzaj be as they have no previous senior clubs? are they deleted or in the u21's?

I've been trying to plan what transfers I'm going to make when this DB is complete but there's SO MANY PLAYERS I WANT :D The amount of amazing players in the Premier league alone is insane, as will be Italy's Serie A but I bet the Brazilian league is unbelievable for obvious reasons with young Ronaldo's, Dunga's, Bebeto's, Romario's, Rivaldo's, Cafu's, Roberto Carlos's here there and everywhere. Or more to the point could you really significantly improve any team considering the standards most teams will be at in this game? you could probably spend 60m on somebody to only marginally improve your squad, Ultimately maybe the only way to win with this DB is by being the superior tactician?

Also could you confirm whether David Ginola. Owen Hargreaves are in the game?

Personally I wouldn't have Poborsky anywhere near a team of United legends (nor Hernandez). It'd also be nice to see Denis Irwin feature, as many United fans consider him our best full back ever. He was also our most decorated player until his retirement I believe.

I'd also take Roy Keane from Forest, where he was only a young player and put him with United, where he spent his best years. He was still young when he came to United and spent over 10 years here.

I think he has mostly got it right with United, Irwin is a legend but I wouldn't be able to compare him with the 2 LB's included within the squad, I can see why Poborsky was included as United were the 1st big team he played for before moving onto Benfica I think. Although undoubtedly also when you think of Roy Keane you think Manchester United I don't think we can discount the fact he played over 100 games for Notts Forest, he would have been a keystone player for that United side though. I think Hernandez is still a world star some people have just forgotten about him this season as Moyes didn't dare to drop him in favour of Rooney and RVP, and despite him not having joined united until he was 22 he hadn't actually really done or played much for Guadalajara hence why he wasn't on anybody else's radar when United snapped him up, I believe this year he will remind us all what a talent he is under LVG

Hello and Thanks for your feedback / question. The Manchester United squad is not finalised yet so there is still time for fans to suggest changes and I will consider it carefully. You have made some very good points here. In regards to Karel Poborsky, I agree that he is probably not a Manchester Legend, he is still a star player and he got 118 caps for his country. He wasn't at United long enough to be with them, therefore he has gone back to Slavia Prague where he was about 2 years earlier and that is fine because they are in the top league in Czechoslovakia. In regards to Little Pea, I agree with jbblack's assessment that he is a world star however he seems to be left out a lot at utd and I don't think he gets the appearances he deserves at united, unlike Rooney, the boy doesn't complain when he is not in the side! Having considered this, I really feel if The Little Pea had gone to a different club, where he was played more regularly, there would be doubt about his class, he is a real poacher and Michael Owen speaks very highly of The Little Pea, therefore I am putting him back at Guadalajara, which is in the top division in Mexico, so that fits in with being in a top division club at an early age, and I am sure whichever top team takes him, he will be able to show his true worth! To replace the little Pea, I am sending you a real legend named Dennis Viollet, 159 goals in 259 appearances in the league, He was a lightning quick player who won 2 first division titles with man united. In 1956 he once scored 4 goals in a 10-0 demolition of Manchester City in European Cup Eliminator match.

I am sorry and I fully understand about Dennis Irwin but you can't have him, because you already have 3 similar left backs at the club who are legends who only ever played for Manchester United, came from your youth team and are not available to any other club, Irwin was a Leeds youth and I can't move him over because 4 left backs at a club isn't acceptable.

In regards to Roy Keane, I know what you mean, but I want to let Cloughie have him because firstly he was a Nottingham Forest before he joined Manchester United, Cloughie had a huge influence on him and Manchester United are not short of legends for his position and realistically he is one of the best Nottingham Forest players for sure. Also he recently said in a programme with Patrick Viera (Best of Enemies) that Cloughie was the best manager he ever played for, he left Manchester under very dubious circumstance when I am sure his heart was in the right place, I don't think he got on too well with Sir Alex Ferguson! lol

Having had a closer look at the squad, I have taken out Nemanja Vidic because he was at Red Star Belgrade the top division club in Serbian Superliga, at an earlier age, so he is going there again and I am bringing back the legendary centre back pairing of Gary Pallister and Steve Bruce. These changes have now been updated. Please see the new updated team below.

ManchesterUnited_SquadPlayers_zps0433ad07.png

Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated. :thup:

Fenech, what happens to the original players in these legends teams? for example where will Welbeck and Januzaj be as they have no previous senior clubs? are they deleted or in the u21's?

I've been trying to plan what transfers I'm going to make when this DB is complete but there's SO MANY PLAYERS I WANT :D The amount of amazing players in the Premier league alone is insane, as will be Italy's Serie A but I bet the Brazilian league is unbelievable for obvious reasons with young Ronaldo's, Dunga's, Bebeto's, Romario's, Rivaldo's, Cafu's, Roberto Carlos's here there and everywhere. Or more to the point could you really significantly improve any team considering the standards most teams will be at in this game? you could probably spend 60m on somebody to only marginally improve your squad, Ultimately maybe the only way to win with this DB is by being the superior tactician?

Also could you confirm whether David Ginola. Owen Hargreaves are in the game?

Thanks for your question and you bring up some very good points which need addressing. These are 25 man squads and no more than 25 players in each team starting out. Welbeck and Januzaj are not deleted, but they and all the other originals who didn't make the 25 man teams, will now be released and available on free transfers to whoever wants to snap them up! Alternatively they may be put back to earlier clubs if they were at a previous club before. This should help lower division club managers or other club managers snap them up if they want to. There's going to be a lot of good players on free transfers starting out.

You are right and it is going to be insane! Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima is 20 at Barcelona, Dunga will be 25 at Fiorentina, Bebeto will be 17 at EC Vitoria, Romario will either be at PSV or Barcelona, Rivaldo is 25 at Barcelona, Cafu is 27 at Roma, Roberto Carlos is 22 at Inter Milan however these may be changed, it is likely that they won't be changed though.

It's going to be down to tactics because the quality of the leagues is going to be incredible, never seen before. one mistake will be punished for sure. I am not sure if it will be the only way to win, but certainly it will be a massive challenge to win in this game, it will test the quality of manager like never before and I am hoping and I am sure there are managers out there that can rise to the challenge, you should be ok against Leeds United though because it is unlikely that they will have many players left on the pitch come full time! lol

I can confirm that David Ginola is 25 at PSG and Owen Hargreaves will be 16 at Bayern Munich. Thanks again and I appreciate the topic you have raised which certainly gives an insight as to what you might expect to see when the biggest legends and stars from the 1880's to 2014 suddenly reappear on the same stage at the same time to give us the diamond generation of soccer players the world has never seen before.

I wouldn't like to be a top international manager trying to pick a squad for the finals as they will have to leave out some great players.

lol Pret you just lost Uniteds best CB with those comments :D Bruce and Pallister don't compare to Stam & Vidic although they were undoubtedly pivotal in the 90's for the club. Personally I think Vidic is only a legend for Manchester United, he wasn't before he joined them and unfortunately I don't think he will be at his new club.

However applying the Vidic logic to the situation I would have assumed Cafu(despite being a Roma legend) would have been at Sao Paolo?

I do think it will be interesting to see what happens to the released players, will they choose to play for a team with a lesser reputation? will the influx of amazing free agents boost the reputation of another league which isn't star studded with legends already (middle eastern leagues?) or will they simply not lower their wage demands and remain clubless?

I think Hargreaves will definitely be one of my 1st acquisitions should Bayern let him go as he is one of my favourite players in real life before injuries got the better of him and the star of Manchester Uniteds side in the season when they won the Champions league for a 3rd time in 2007-2008

lol Pret you just lost Uniteds best CB with those comments :D Bruce and Pallister don't compare to Stam & Vidic although they were undoubtedly pivotal in the 90's for the club. Personally I think Vidic is only a legend for Manchester United, he wasn't before he joined them and unfortunately I don't think he will be at his new club.

However applying the Vidic logic to the situation I would have assumed Cafu(despite being a Roma legend) would have been at Sao Paolo?

I do think it will be interesting to see what happens to the released players, will they choose to play for a team with a lesser reputation? will the influx of amazing free agents boost the reputation of another league which isn't star studded with legends already (middle eastern leagues?) or will they simply not lower their wage demands and remain clubless?

I think Hargreaves will definitely be one of my 1st acquisitions should Bayern let him go as he is one of my favourite players in real life before injuries got the better of him and the star of Manchester Uniteds side in the season when they won the Champions league for a 3rd time in 2007-2008

The Defenders now are: Jaap Stam, Bill Foulkes, Paul McGrath, Steve Bruce & Gary Pallister - That's a pretty strong defence although I can see how prets comments contributed to Vidic's departure. :lol:

They may need to lower their wage demands as released players will not be earning and may struggle to get straight back into a top team considering the quality those teams will already possess, hopefully as you say it will improve the reputation of other leagues.

Hargreaves will be back and it will be up to you to persuade Bayern to let him leave, being a youth, you can offer him a contract, but I imagine you will have to pay Bayern compensation should he agree to join you.... he will be on a 3 or 4 year contract so no pressure on Bayern to let him go though.

Breaking News Owen Hargreaves has just moved from Bayern Munich to Manchester United. Breaking News

Hargreaves played for FC Bayern Munich since 1997, first in the youth field, then later for FC Bayern Munich amateurs. He was given his debut for the first team in August 2000, in the same season. His profile as a footballer grew as he attracted the attention of the media when he replaced Stefan Effenberg in the Champions League semi-final against Real Madrid, and exceeded expectations.

In the final against Valencia, he played through and was able to secure the title with Bayern. He won 4 German First Division titles in all with Bayern Munich and had just been named the England Player of the Year by the Football Association. Hargreaves was known as a hard-working and solid defensive midfielder who worked tirelessly to win the ball and provide his teammates with possession.

In May 2007, FC Bayern finally reached an agreement with Manchester on a transfer fee of €25 million, the highest transfer fee that had been paid to date for a Bundesliga player. Hargreaves signed a four-year contract and here he is......

OwenHargreaves_OverviewProfile_zps0db5c756.png

Epic! Hargeaves has always been sensational for me on FM :applause: I honestly expected you to leave him at Bayern though.

I was going to leave him at Bayern but then I thought, no club needs 3 left backs, and why should Nobby Stiles have no competition for his place in the team! It balanced out the Manchester United team much better and to be fair, Bayern Munich don't really need him at 16 years of age.

Ted Drake was one of London football's favourite adopted sons, and little wonder. As a fearless, rampaging centre- forward in the 1930s, he contributed an avalanche of goals to the cause of all-conquering Arsenal; and two decades later he guided less fashionable Chelsea to the high-point in their history, their sole League Championship at the time. Ted Drake was blessed with an infectiously sunny outlook on life in general and football in particular. As a player he was dashingly courageous, thrillingly bold. Ted Drake was a prolific goal scorer. He score 171 league goals in 238 league games.

Drake's method was direct: fast, immensely strong and immeasurably determined, he packed a ferocious shot in either ''peg'', was combative in the air and, while his approach was not overburdened with subtlety, he could control the ball with commendable dexterity. Thus equipped, he netted 48 times in 72 League outings for Second Division Southampton before joining Arsenal for pounds 6,500 in March 1934.

Memorable individual performances were many during this golden sequence. He began the first, at Villa Park in December 1935, as an unlikely hero, having been out of form and nursing a heavily strapped knee; he ended it having scored all the Gunners' goals in a 7-1 victory - still a joint record for a single match in the English top division - and having hit the post with one of only two other shots.

Ted Drake scored 42 goals in 41 games in the 1934-35 season. This included three hat-tricks against Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur and Leicester City and four, four-goal hauls, against Birmingham City, Chelsea, Wolves and Middlesbrough. These goals helped Arsenal to win the league championship.

"I came to regard him as my ideal centre-forward... Drake was absolutely fearless. I do not mean that he threw his weight about to hurt other players. He would risk physical injury to himself if he could see half a chance - no, one tenth of a chance - to get through to score" Stan Mortensen

Let's not forget either, he managed Chelsea to the League Championship long before the Roman Abramovich era. Fine Achievement.

TedDrake_OverviewProfile-3_zps33ce4403.png

Needs no Introduction. Simply one of the best players in the world today. He learned his trade at Sporting (POR) and now at Manchester United. Will you sell him to Real Madrid for £80 million pounds? The Decision is yours!

CristianoRonaldo_OverviewProfile_zpsd767b408.png

I think Cristiano's best career moments are for Real Madrid so he should be there :)

Thanks, and I agree, his best moments are at Real Madrid, and I did debate several times as to which club to put him in, in the end however I kept coming back to the fact that Manchester United were the first top club he was at and as you can imagine, Real Madrid will have no shortage of great left wingers or right wingers! :thup:

I'm glad he's still at United as I believe that is who made him the great player he is not to forget also he won more during his time there despite it being a superior and more competitive league than La Liga.

I think on the balance of play, he deserves to be at Manchester United because it was the club who developed him into the great player he is. It will also be a good challenge for him as he is about to play in a league which is much more competitive than ever before.

Fenech, regarding Newcastle, Michael Owen is not a legend. He is quite unpopular with a large number of Newcastle fans. Good player yes, but he'll never be classed as a Newcastle legend. He should be at Liverpool which is where he was at his best, after Liverpool his career nosedived.

Fenech, regarding Newcastle, Michael Owen is not a legend. He is quite unpopular with a large number of Newcastle fans. Good player yes, but he'll never be classed as a Newcastle legend. He should be at Liverpool which is where he was at his best, after Liverpool his career nosedived.

Yes you are right about this, I will have to put him at Liverpool, Neither squad is finalised yet, when the Liverpool squad is final, Michael Owen will be there. :thup:

Archived