The Phoenix of Hardly Athletic

mark wilson27

28/2/07: Woking (A) FA Trophy 4th Round Replay

We started the game the better and on the 13th minute we took the lead as sherm rose above the defence and header a neilhoskins77 cross into the net. Five minutes later though Woking levelled the tie with a rasping effort from L.Steele which gave Marmoset Junior no chance of saving. Woking started to control the game and on the half hour they had another chance with a long range effort which was well saved by my keeper. On the 36th minute I was forced into a change with mark wilson27 coming on for the injured WLKRAS. Three minutes later L.Steele doubled the lead for Woking with a brave header. The second half saw Woking continuing to dominate and on the 56th minute they came close with a great team move which split my defence apart but Marmoset Junior read the situation and smothered the ball. Two minutes later I made another change with BenArsenal coming on for mistahc. The change had little chance with us struggling to get hold of the ball let alone getting an attack going

Woking 2-1 Hardly Athletic L.Steele 18, 39 / sherm 13

Marmoset Junior, Balthazars, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, salkster2102, WLKRAS (inj 36-mark wilson27), neilhoskins77, sherm, chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc (58-BenArsenal)

After the game the physio informed me that WLKRAS will be out for around 2-7 days after receiving a dead leg. sherm will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit

Conference South: February

| Pos                                 | Inf   | Team               |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
[b]| 1st                                 |       | Hardly Athletic    |       | 30    | 21    | 7     | 2     | 60    | 20    | +40   | 70    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| [/b]
| 2nd                                 |       | Bognor Regis       |       | 31    | 16    | 10    | 5     | 43    | 16    | +27   | 58    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 3rd                                 |       | Havant & W         |       | 31    | 13    | 13    | 5     | 42    | 33    | +9    | 52    | 
| 4th                                 |       | Dorchester         |       | 31    | 13    | 12    | 6     | 42    | 29    | +13   | 51    | 
| 5th                                 |       | Welling            |       | 31    | 14    | 8     | 9     | 33    | 25    | +8    | 50    | 
| 6th                                 |       | Weston-super-Mare  |       | 31    | 12    | 11    | 8     | 37    | 25    | +12   | 47    | 
| 7th                                 |       | Eastbourne Boro    |       | 31    | 11    | 11    | 9     | 47    | 39    | +8    | 44    | 
| 8th                                 |       | Lewes              |       | 31    | 13    | 5     | 13    | 43    | 46    | -3    | 44    | 
| 9th                                 |       | Bedford            |       | 31    | 11    | 10    | 10    | 33    | 31    | +2    | 43    | 
| 10th                                |       | Cambridge City     |       | 31    | 10    | 11    | 10    | 24    | 21    | +3    | 41    | 
| 11th                                |       | Newport Co         |       | 31    | 11    | 8     | 12    | 34    | 38    | -4    | 41    | 
| 12th                                |       | Braintree          |       | 31    | 11    | 8     | 12    | 36    | 46    | -10   | 41    | 
| 13th                                |       | Thurrock           |       | 31    | 10    | 10    | 11    | 36    | 40    | -4    | 40    | 
| 14th                                |       | Eastleigh          |       | 31    | 10    | 10    | 11    | 40    | 46    | -6    | 40    | 
| 15th                                |       | Bishop's Stortford |       | 31    | 9     | 9     | 13    | 34    | 44    | -10   | 36    | 
| 16th                                |       | Yeading            |       | 31    | 9     | 8     | 14    | 25    | 41    | -16   | 35    | 
| 17th                                |       | Histon             |       | 31    | 8     | 10    | 13    | 26    | 37    | -11   | 34    | 
| 18th                                |       | Sutton Utd         |       | 31    | 8     | 9     | 14    | 36    | 42    | -6    | 33    | 
| 19th                                |       | Salisbury          |       | 31    | 9     | 4     | 18    | 27    | 48    | -21   | 31    | 
| 20th                                |       | Hayes              |       | 30    | 7     | 9     | 14    | 32    | 43    | -11   | 30    | 
| 21st                                |       | Basingstoke        |       | 31    | 5     | 10    | 16    | 24    | 39    | -15   | 25    | 
| 22nd                                |       | Farnborough        |       | 31    | 7     | 11    | 13    | 29    | 34    | -5    | 22    | 

February Review: Some good wins in the Cup and League but in general the performance's haven't been up to scratch. Injuries haven't helped us but we cant use that as an excuse. Come on lads lets push on and gain the promotion and title we deserve

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry about the lack of posts recently, as some of you that are friends on facebook with me will know that the missus has just had another little girl. Also I am struggling to get motivated with certain things within writing and this forum etc (sorry sound like Terk :D )..Will be back posting regularly soon

March 2007:

2/3/07: Injury news sees the return of gavrenwick to action after a month out with back strain

3/3/07: Basingstoke (H) (31/42)

The game started slowly for us as we failed to string more than a couple of passes together, meaning Basingstoke were getting a lot more of the ball than we were. On the 23rd minute we came close to losing the first goal as Basingstoke broke the offside trap but some great reactions from tenthreeleader saw him get back and clear the ball at the feet of the attacker. Eight minutes later though we were powerless to prevent Basingstoke take the lead as N.Grayson unleashed a 40 yard thunderbolt which flew past Lawlore and into the back of the net. The second half wasn’t much better for us as we just didn’t perform. On the 69th minute I had seen enough and made a couple of changes with Gavrenwick and BenArsenal coming on for Gary_Parker and mistahc. Basingstoke continued to dominate the possession but they weren’t making the most of it and deep into injury we levelled the scores as BenArsenal headed in a cross by salkster2102. A point we didn’t deserve

Hardly Athletic 1-1 Basingstoke BenArsenal 90+2 / N.Grayson 31

Lawlore, Balthazars, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker (69-Gavrenwick), salkster2102, copperhorse21, neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, chesterfan2, mistahc (69-BenArsenal)

After the game the physio informed me that Baby BooBoo has returned to full training after 3 weeks out with a thigh strain

6/3/07: Newport Co (A) (32/42)

We began well and on the 14th minute we took the lead as BenArsenal showed some silky skill to beat the defence and keeper to fire into the empty net. Ten minutes later BenArsenal had another chance with a low effort which flew past the keeper but clipped the outside of the upright. Just before the break we had another chance with mark wilson27 trying his luck from the edge of the area but the Newport keeper was on hand to save the effort. During the break I made one change with WLKRAS coming on for copperhorse21. The second half was much the same as we carried on piling forward and on the hour we had another effort with mistahc heading wide from a salkster2102 cross. On the 72nd minute we doubled the lead as salkster2102 hitting a stunning 35 yard effort past the the Newport keeper from outside the area. We really should have battered Newport but three points is three points

Newport Co 0-2 Hardly Athletic BenArsenal 14, salkster2102 72

Lawlore, Balthazars, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, salkster2102, copperhorse21 (45-WLKRAS), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, chesterfan2, mistahc

10/3/07: Eastleigh (A) (33/42)

We dominated the game with some great passing moves, however for all our pressure we failed to get close to the goal in the first half. The second half was a lot better and on the 57th minute we had our first shot on target as mark wilson27 threaded the ball to the feet off Baby BooBoo who lashed the ball towards goal but the keeper saved well. Eleven minutes later I made a couple of changes with chesterfan2 and Panpardus coming on for WLKRAS and Baby BooBoo, I also changed the formation to a 4-3-3. On the 74th minute we had another chance to score with a curling effort from BenArsenal which had the Eastleigh keeper at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later we finally grabbed the opening goal as chesterfan2 headed in from a mark wilson27 cross. With a minute remaining in the game though Eastleigh levelled the scores with their first effort as S.Lunt fired in from inside the area. Deep into injury time we grabbed the three points we deserved as chesterfan2 showed some silky skills to meg the defence and fired under the onrushing keeper

Eastleigh 1-2 Hardly Athletic S.Lunt 89 / chesterfan2 86, 90+3

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, salkster2102 (capt), WLKRAS (68-chesterfan2), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, Baby BooBoo (68-Panpardus), BenArsenal

More injury news sees BenArsenal out for around 2-4 weeks after pulling his hamstring

14/3/07: Hayes (H) (34/42)

Another game we dominated and on the 10th minute we took the lead as Baby BooBoo beat the offside trap and dinked the ball over the keeper. Four minutes later we made it two nil with Baby BooBoo doing the honours. It was one way traffic and just after the half hour Baby BooBoo completed his hat trick with a thunderous effort from 25 yards which gave the keeper no chance of saving. Five minutes into the second half I was forced into a change with salkster2102 coming on for the injured sherm. We carried on controlling the game and on the 68th minute we were given a clear cut chance to score from the penalty spot after chesterfan2 was brought down in the area, neilhoskins77 stepped up and fired hard and low past the keeper. Three minutes later we wrapped up the rout with Baby BooBoo grabbing his fourth of the game.

Hardly Athletic 5-0 Hayes Baby BooBoo 10, 14, 34, 71 neilhoskins77 68pen

Lawlore, greekgeorge, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, sherm (inj 50-salkster2102), WLKRAS, neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, Baby BooBoo, chesterfan2 (capt)

The injury news on sherm sees him out for around 1-2 weeks after bruising his head, however on the good news front the result has seen us guaranteed a Play-off spot.

I think I mustt be training you lot too hard, as the injury list isn't great

17/3/07: Bishop's Stortford (H) (35/42)

Ten minutes into the game we took the lead as chesterfan2 showed the defence a clean pair of heels and fired past Bishop's keeper. On the 20th minute we made it two nil with salkster2102 heading in a WLKRAS cross. Bishop's weren’t getting near the ball and just after the half hour we made it two nil with chesterfan2 jinking through the defence and wasted no time in slotting past the keeper. With six minutes remaining in the half chesterfan2 completed his hat trick with a well struck effort which beat the keeper with ease. I made one change at half time with Panpardus coming on for neilhoskins77 and changed to a 4-3-3. We carried on the forward pressure but we couldn't get close to the goal. On the 77th minute Bishop's were reduced to ten men after J.Fowler was sent off for a second yellow card. With two minutes remaining in the game I was forced into a change with Celtic_1967 replacing the injured copperhorse21

Hardly Athletic 4-0 Bishop's Stortford chesterfan2 10, 32, 39, salkster2102 20

Lawlore, greekgeorge, copperhorse21 (inj 88-Celtic_1967), tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, salkster2102, WLKRAS, neilhoskins77 (45-Panpardus), mark wilson27, Baby BooBoo, chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game the physio gave me the news that copperhorse21 will be out for 1-2 months after spraining his ankle badly. However more good news sees us being crowned Conference South Champions

24/3/07: Salisbury (A) (36/42)

Nine minutes into the game I was forced into a change as Balthazars replaced the injured WLKRAS. On the 27th minute we had our first chance to score with sherm threading the ball to the feet of Baby BooBoo who lashed the ball wide of the post. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with mark wilson27 heading straight into the keepers arms when it was easier to score. During the interval I made a change with Panpardus coming on for chesterfan2. The change was inspired as nine minutes into the half Panpardus beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper to fire into an empty net. On the 65th minute Panpardus grabbed another goal with a brave header from sherm's cross, however his celebration in front of me was uncalled for and I will be having a private word with him

Salisbury 0-2 Hardly Athletic Panpardus 54, 65

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, Gary_Parker, salkster2102, WLKRAS (inj 9-Balthazars), sherm, mark wilson27, Baby BooBoo, chesterfan2 (capt) (45-Panpardus)

After the game the physio informed me that WLKRAS will be out for around 2-4 weeks after twisting his ankle early in the game. I also gave Panpardus an official warning and told him that I pick the team and that if he doesn’t like the way I use him he can leave

25/3/07: Injury news sees the return of Manxie_Ash and Jibby123 who both return from long term shoulder injuries

30/3/07: The chairman Terk has offered me a four year contract, I have said if he makes it five years I'll sign.

31/3/07: Eastbourne Boro (H) (37/42)

Another dominant performance as we gave Eastbourne no time on the ball. On the 24th minute we took the lead as chesterfan2 ran through the defence with real ease and fired under the keeper. Eight minutes later it was two nil as salkster2102 hit a thunderous curling effort past the keeper. On the 36th minute it was three nil as chesterfan2 grabbed his second of the game with a low effort which clipped the keepers fingers and went in. With five minutes remaining in the half we added another goal as neilhoskins77 saw the keeper off his line and lobbed him from 35 yards. I made two changes at half time with tenthreeleader and mistahc coming on for Gavrenwick and Baby BooBoo. Five minutes into the half we completed the rout as substitute mistahc headed in a sherm cross.

Hardly Athletic 5-0 Eastbourne Boro chesterfan2 24, 36, salkster2102 32, neilhoskins77 40, mistahc 50

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick (45-tenthreeleader), Gary_Parker, salkster2102, neilhoskins77, sherm, mark wilson27, Baby BooBoo (45-mistahc), chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game I got a call from Terk who came back with a five year extension to my contract, which I wasted no time in signing

Conference South: March

| Pos                                 | Inf   | Team               |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
[b]| 1st                                 | C     | Hardly Athletic    |       | 37    | 27    | 8     | 2     | 81    | 22    | +59   | 89    | 
| -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| [/b]
| 2nd                                 |       | Bognor Regis       |       | 37    | 18    | 12    | 7     | 50    | 23    | +27   | 66    | 
| 3rd                                 |       | Dorchester         |       | 37    | 15    | 13    | 9     | 47    | 33    | +14   | 58    | 
| 4th                                 |       | Welling            |       | 37    | 16    | 10    | 11    | 42    | 33    | +9    | 58    | 
| 5th                                 |       | Havant & W         |       | 37    | 14    | 15    | 8     | 48    | 41    | +7    | 57    | 
| 6th                                 |       | Weston-super-Mare  |       | 37    | 14    | 14    | 9     | 43    | 30    | +13   | 56    | 
| 7th                                 |       | Bedford            |       | 37    | 15    | 11    | 11    | 43    | 36    | +7    | 56    | 
| 8th                                 |       | Lewes              |       | 37    | 16    | 6     | 15    | 55    | 53    | +2    | 54    | 
| 9th                                 |       | Cambridge City     |       | 37    | 13    | 13    | 11    | 30    | 24    | +6    | 52    | 
| 10th                                |       | Eastbourne Boro    |       | 37    | 13    | 12    | 12    | 54    | 51    | +3    | 51    | 
| 11th                                |       | Braintree          |       | 37    | 13    | 9     | 15    | 41    | 54    | -13   | 48    | 
| 12th                                |       | Newport Co         |       | 37    | 12    | 9     | 16    | 37    | 47    | -10   | 45    | 
| 13th                                |       | Histon             |       | 37    | 11    | 11    | 15    | 30    | 42    | -12   | 44    | 
| 14th                                |       | Eastleigh          |       | 37    | 10    | 13    | 14    | 48    | 61    | -13   | 43    | 
| 15th                                |       | Thurrock           |       | 37    | 11    | 10    | 16    | 39    | 54    | -15   | 43    | 
| 16th                                |       | Bishop's Stortford |       | 37    | 10    | 12    | 15    | 39    | 54    | -15   | 42    | 
| 17th                                |       | Yeading            |       | 37    | 11    | 9     | 17    | 33    | 48    | -15   | 42    | 
| 18th                                |       | Sutton Utd         |       | 37    | 10    | 10    | 17    | 48    | 55    | -7    | 40    | 
| 19th                                |       | Hayes              |       | 37    | 9     | 12    | 16    | 40    | 55    | -15   | 39    | 
| 20th                                |       | Farnborough        |       | 37    | 12    | 12    | 13    | 41    | 38    | +3    | 38    | 
| 21st                                |       | Salisbury          |       | 37    | 11    | 4     | 22    | 34    | 58    | -24   | 37    | 
| 22nd                                |       | Basingstoke        |       | 37    | 7     | 13    | 17    | 33    | 44    | -11   | 34    | 

March Review: A great month for the club as we have been promoted as Champions. It was good to see players coming back from injury however we are still losing players with niggly injuries. Thats something I will be looking at come pre-season. Oh yeah I forgot my new contract, sorry lads your stuck with me for another five years hahaha

April 2007:

2/4/07: Injury news sees Lawlore out for around 1-2 weeks after bruising his head

7/4/07: Farnborough (A) (38/42)

It seems you lot had celebrated for too long as we just didn’t turn up. On the 14th minute D.Webb gave Farnborough the lead with a low effort which went past the Jibby123 at his near post. Soon after they had another chance with a curling effort which beat my keeper but not the crossbar. On the 23rd minute Farnborough were reduced to ten men after L.Hatch was sent off for a kick onGavrenwick. Twelve minutes later we finally had our first chance as Panpardus headed a neilhoskins77 cross past the keeper. Five minutes into the second half I made a change with tenthreeleader coming on for Gavrenwick. Straight after the change though we were reduced to ten men after Panpardus was given a second yellow card followed by a red. On the 63rd minute Farnborough grabbed another goal as L.Reid fired in from the penalty spot after greekgeorge hauled down an attacker in the area. Farnborough were all over us but we were actually defending well. With five minutes remaining in the game we were reduced to nine men after mark wilson27 was sent off for pushing a Farnborough player over. On the 87th minute we were down to eight men after greekgeorge received a second yellow card followed by the red.

Farnborough 2-0 Hardly Athletic D.Webb 14, L.Reid 63pen

Jibby123, greekgeorge, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick (50-tenthreeleader), Gary_Parker, Manxie_Ash, salkster2102 (capt), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, mistahc, Panpardus

After the game the physio reported that Manxie_Ash will be out for around 2-4 weeks after pulling his hamstring at the final whistle. I also gave all three players that got sent off a weeks fine, luckily for them they all accepted the fine

8/4/07: Good news on the injury front sees BenArsenal returning to full training following a month out with a pulled hamstring

9/4/07: Histon (H) (39/42)

We controlled the first half with ease and on the 27th minute we came close to opening the scoring as mistahc ran onto a salkster2102 through ball but before he had the chance to shoot the assistant referee raised his flag for offside. Ten minutes later we had another chance as neilhoskins77 bravely headed a Balthazars cross wide of the post. The second half was much the same and eight minutes in we finally grabbed the lead we deserved as sherm jinked in from the wing and fired a thunderous effort into the top corner of the net. We continued to keep the ball away from Histon and deep into injury time we scored the second with a well worked team move which saw Baby BooBoo getting his name on the scoresheet

Hardly Athletic 2-0 Histon sherm 53, Baby BooBoo 90+3

Jibby123, Gavrenwick, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, Balthazars, salkster2102 (capt), neilhoskins77, sherm, mistahc, Baby BooBoo

More bloody injury news sees mistahc out for around 3-7 days with a gashed arm and Celtic_1967 out for 1-2 weeks after bruising his thigh

As I've said before its good to have you back correcting my mistakes :D, cheers sir

14/4/07: Lewes (A) (40/42)

We didn’t get going at all and on the 19th minute Lewes took the lead as S.Sankoh headed past Jibby123 after he failed to deal with a simple cross. Five minutes later they added another goal with J.Sigere running through the defence and fired past my keeper with ease. I was livid with the defence. However on the stroke of half time we grabbed an undeserved goal with neilhoskins77 curling in a free-kick from 30 yards after Baby BooBoo was brought down on the way to goal. I made one change at half time with mistahc coming on for BenArsenal. After the half time rollicking we started to up our game and on the 68th minute we levelled the scores as greekgeorge headed in a neilhoskins77 free-kick after mistahc was brought down. Three minutes later we added another goal with mistahc beating the offside trap and slotting the ball past the keeper. With thirteen minutes remaining in the game mistahc grabbed his second of the game with a curling effort which beat the keeper from the edge of the area.

Lewes 2-4 Hardly Athletic S.Sankoh 19, J.Sigere 24 / neilhoskins77 45, greekgeorge 68, mistahc 71, 77

Jibby123, greekgeorge, Gavrenwick, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, Balthazars, salkster2102 (capt), neilhoskins77, sherm, BenArsenal (45-mistahc), Baby BooBoo

21/4/07: Cambridge City (A) (41/42)

Not the greatest of game for the fans to witness with little in the way of action and it took till the 43rd minute for the first real effort as mark wilson27 tried a speculative effort towards goal but the keeper saved the ball easily. I made a couple of changes at half time with sherm and chesterfan2 coming on for salkster2102 and BenArsenal. Eight minutes into the half the changes paid dividends with sherm threading the ball to the feet of chesterfan2 who wasted no time in firing under the keeper. After the goal their was nothing as such to report

Cambridge City 0-1 Hardly Athletic chesterfan2 53

Jibby123, greekgeorge, Gavrenwick, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, Balthazars, salkster2102 (capt) (45-sherm), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, BenArsenal (45-chesterfan2), Panpardus

After the game my physio informed me that Celtic_1967 has resumed full training after being out for a fortnight with a thigh injury

28/4/07: Bedford (H) (42/42)

The final game of the season saw us control it with real ease. Despite our domination it took till the 36th minute for us to take the lead as salkster2102 headed in past the keeper from a mark wilson27 corner. Five minutes later we made it two nil with mark wilson27 curling in from the edge of the area. I made a couple of changes at half time with Balthazars and chesterfan2 coming on for greekgeorge and Panpardus. The second half continued in much the same vein as the first and on the 66th minute we made it three nil with sherm showing some great skill in beating his markers and rounded the keeper to tap into the empty net. With ten minutes remaining in the game we completed the rout with L.Chaffey diverting a mark wilson27 cross past his own keeper.

Hardly Athletic 4-0 Bedford salkster2102 36, mark wilson27 41, sherm 66, L.Chaffey 80 og

Jibby123, greekgeorge (45-Balthazars), Gavrenwick, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, sherm, salkster2102 (capt), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, BenArsenal, Panpardus (45-chesterfan2)

29/4/07: Injury news sees WLKRAS returning after a month out with a foot injury, Spav returns after four months out with a torn calf muscle and copperhorse21 is back after a month out with a sprained ankle.

Other news sees Baby BooBoo demanding a new contract, I told him to improve in his training and I will look at sorting a contract out. He was far from impressed and stormed out my office

6/5/07: Injury news sees neilhoskins77 out for around 2-3 months after tearing his knee ligaments, however good news sees Manxie_Ash back in full training after a month out with a pulled hamstring

Conference South: End of Season

[b]| 1st                                 | C     | Hardly Athletic    |       | 42    | 31    | 8     | 3     | 92    | 26    | +66   | 101   | 
| 2nd                                 |       | Bognor Regis       |       | 42    | 20    | 13    | 9     | 56    | 29    | +27   | 73    | 
| 3rd                                 | P     | Dorchester         |       | 42    | 18    | 15    | 9     | 54    | 35    | +19   | 69    | 
| 4th                                 |       | Havant & W         |       | 42    | 18    | 15    | 9     | 56    | 46    | +10   | 69    | 
| 5th                                 |       | Welling            |       | 42    | 19    | 11    | 12    | 49    | 37    | +12   | 68    | 
| 6th                                 |       | Weston-super-Mare  |       | 42    | 17    | 15    | 10    | 49    | 33    | +16   | 66    | 
| 7th                                 |       | Cambridge City     |       | 42    | 15    | 15    | 12    | 34    | 27    | +7    | 60    | 
| 8th                                 |       | Eastbourne Boro    |       | 42    | 15    | 13    | 14    | 60    | 58    | +2    | 58    | 
| 9th                                 |       | Newport Co         |       | 42    | 16    | 10    | 16    | 49    | 51    | -2    | 58    | 
| 10th                                |       | Lewes              |       | 42    | 17    | 6     | 19    | 61    | 62    | -1    | 57    | 
| 11th                                |       | Bedford            |       | 42    | 15    | 12    | 15    | 46    | 47    | -1    | 57    | 
| 12th                                |       | Farnborough        |       | 42    | 16    | 13    | 13    | 52    | 40    | +12   | 51    | 
| 13th                                |       | Histon             |       | 42    | 12    | 13    | 17    | 34    | 48    | -14   | 49    | 
| 14th                                |       | Braintree          |       | 42    | 13    | 10    | 19    | 43    | 62    | -19   | 49    | 
| 15th                                |       | Sutton Utd         |       | 42    | 12    | 12    | 18    | 55    | 61    | -6    | 48    | 
| 16th                                |       | Yeading            |       | 42    | 13    | 9     | 20    | 38    | 55    | -17   | 48    | 
| 17th                                |       | Hayes              |       | 42    | 11    | 14    | 17    | 45    | 60    | -15   | 47    | 
| 18th                                |       | Bishop's Stortford |       | 42    | 11    | 14    | 17    | 44    | 61    | -17   | 47    | 
| 19th                                |       | Eastleigh          |       | 42    | 11    | 13    | 18    | 52    | 68    | -16   | 46    | 
| 20th                                | R     | Thurrock           |       | 42    | 12    | 10    | 20    | 44    | 63    | -19   | 46    | 
| 21st                                | R     | Salisbury          |       | 42    | 12    | 7     | 23    | 39    | 64    | -25   | 43    | 
| 22nd                                | R     | Basingstoke        |       | 42    | 7     | 14    | 21    | 33    | 52    | -19   | 35    | 

End of Season Squad: 2006/07

| Pkd    | Inf    | Name            | Position | Morale    | Form       | Con    | Apps   | Gls    | Av Rat | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Jibby123        | GK       | Superb    | 6-8-6-7-8  | 97%    | 15     | -      | 7.20   | 
| ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| -      |        | Lawlore         | GK       | Superb    | 7-8-7-8-7  | 98%    | 22     | -      | 7.05   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Marmoset Junior | GK       | Superb    | 7-7-7-7-8  | 95%    | 18 (1) | -      | 7.21   | 
| -      |        | Balthazars      | D RC     | Superb    | 7-8-7-7-7  | 94%    | 32 (2) | -      | 7.09   | 
| -      |        | greekgeorge     | D R      | Superb    | 7-5-7-7-7  | 100%   | 31 (3) | 1      | 6.97   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Gary_Parker     | D RC     | Superb    | 6-7-8-7-8  | 98%    | 35 (5) | -      | 7.10   | 
| -      | Inj    | copperhorse21   | D LC     | Superb    | 6-7-7-8-9  | 46%    | 24 (4) | -      | 7.43   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Celtic_1967     | D LC     | Superb    | 6-7-8-7-7  | 94%    | 34 (5) | 5      | 7.26   | 
| -      |        | tenthreeleader  | D C      | Superb    | 6-7-7-8-8  | 98%    | 38 (2) | -      | 7.08   | 
| -      | Wnt    | Gavrenwick      | D C      | Superb    | 6-7-7-7-8  | 93%    | 33 (5) | 2      | 7.18   | 
| -      | Inj    | Spav            | DM       | Superb    | 7-7-7-7-6  | 64%    | 23     | 4      | 7.09   | 
| -      | Inj    | Manxie_Ash      | M RC     | Very Good | 6-6-7-7-6  | 43%    | 29     | 3      | 7.41   | 
| -      | Yth    | neilhoskins77   | M C      | Superb    | 7-8-9-8-8  | 92%    | 34 (6) | 7      | 7.55   | 
| -      |        | salkster2102    | AM LC    | Superb    | 6-7-8-6-8  | 93%    | 35 (6) | 9      | 7.24   | 
| -      | Inj    | WLKRAS          | AM L     | Superb    | 7-7-9-9-6  | 53%    | 19 (5) | 3      | 7.63   | 
| -      |        | mark wilson27   | AM C     | Superb    | 7-9-6-7-9  | 92%    | 34 (8) | 5      | 7.50   | 
| -      |        | sherm           | AM C     | Superb    | 8-8-9-7-9  | 92%    | 37 (6) | 6      | 7.47   | 
| -      |        | chesterfan2     | F C      | Superb    | 10-6-9-7-7 | 98%    | 33 (7) | 21     | 7.15   | 
| -      | PR     | BenArsenal      | ST       | Very Good | 7-8-7-6-9  | 90%    | 26 (7) | 19     | 7.24   | 
| -      |        | mistahc         | ST       | Superb    | 6-7-6-8-8  | 99%    | 16 (12)| 12     | 7.32   | 
| -      |        | Panpardus       | ST       | Superb    | 6-8-6-7-6  | 100%   | 17 (13)| 13     | 6.80   | 
| -      | Unh    | Baby BooBoo     | ST       | Superb    | 8-7-7-9-8  | 100%   | 20 (6) | 9      | 7.35   | 

Hardly Athletic: Full Internationals

| Name             | Country      | Caps | Goals | 
|------------------------------------------------| 
| Balthazars       | China        |  3   |  ---  |
|------------------------------------------------|

Season 2006/07: Review

An excellent debut season with us walking away with the League. In both Cups we had a good run losing out to higher League sides. The only downside to the season was the amount injuries we had during the season and this could potentially cause us problems as we go up the Leagues. We now have to up our game next season and get off to a good start.

Player wise I was impressed with all of you and I have no worries about the forthcoming season. With you lot impressing in the League bigger clubs are likely to be calling and its just a matter of what to do if the right offer comes in and whether or not you decide to stay

I've become a set piece specialist. Please boss, I'd like a transfer to a Lower Division side. I'm scared that if my profile gets bigger, some of those Premier League defenders will try and sleep with my wife......:-/

neil - as tenthree has pointed out it might be safer for you to stay with the side for now, no team mate here will try and sleep with you wife

WLKRAS - its been a frustrating season for you injury wise, lets hope next season will see you fitter

greek - you may have a low rating but you have worked hard throughout the season, your place in the squad is assured for next season don't worry mate

Pre-Season 2007/08:

23/5/07: International news sees Celtic_1967 playing for Scotland U19's in their 2-1 victory over Ukraine, however the game ended early for him as he picked up an injury and will be out for around 2-3 months with a torn hamstring.

20/6/07: The Hardly Athletic fans have spoken and Club Captain chesterfan2 has been voted as the Fans Player of the Year

1/7/07: Transfer news sees Leyton Orient bidding £16,000 over 24 months, 40% of the next sale and a friendly for the services of Marmoset Junior. I have rejected the bid due to it not being cash up front

6/7/07: Our first pre-season friendly sees us facing Welsh side Airbus and we managed a 1-1 draw with WLKRAS doing the honours for us

8/7/07: The next friendly sees us losing 1-0 to TNS after a dire performance

10/7/07: We now faced Barry and managed to hold on for a 1-1 draw with Spav firing in a late equaliser for us

12/7/07: Connah's Quay were our next opponents and yet again we struggled and were lucky to have only lost 1-0

15/7/07: We now moved our tour to Scotland and the first opponent was Partick who beat us 2-0 without breaking a sweat

17/7/07: Livingston were next up for us and again we didn’t perform and we lost 3-1 with BenArsenal grabbing the only goal for us.

After the game the physio informed me that neilhoskins77 has returned to full training following two months out with a knee injury

19/7/07: We faced Dumbarton next and they beat us 2-1 with mistahc grabbing our goal, however the game was made harder as Gary_Parker was sent off on the 16th minute for headbutting a player. After the game I fined him two weeks wages for violent conduct. He accepted the fine and apologised to me and the rest of the players.

21/7/07: Airdrie United were the next team we faced and we managed to win 2-1 with goals from mistahc and BenArsenal

25/7/07: Injury news sees us losing Gavrenwick for a month with back strain and Jibby123 for a month with a twisted ankle.

International news sees Balthazars playing for China in their 1-0 loss to Uzbekistan

26/7/07: The FA have informed me that Gary_Parker has received an extra five match ban for his sending off against Dumbarton

28/7/07: Our final friendly of the pre-season sees us beating Gainsborough 4-0 with goals from salkster2102, copperhorse21, neilhoskins77 and mistahc

1/8/07: Transfer news sees Yeovil bid £26,000 over two years, 40% of next sale and a friendly for salkster2102, I have rejected the offer as it wasn’t cash up front

Pre-Season Results and Review:

Airbus (A) 1-1D WLKRAS

TNS (A) 0-1L

Barry (A) 1-1D Spav

Connah's Quay (A) 0-1L

Partick (A) 0-2L

Livingston (A) 1-3L BenArsenal

Dumbarton (A) 1-2L mistahc

Airdrie United (A) 2-1w mistahc, BenArsenal

Gainsborough (A) 4-0w salkster2102, copperhorse21, neilhoskins77, mistahc

A pretty dire pre-season with only two victories. I didn’t expect us to win many of the games but expected a lot better performance's from you lot. Lets hope that you don’t bring that into the forthcoming season otherwise its going to be a long hard battle against relegation

August 2007:

11/8/07: Burton (A) Conference National (1/46)

Burton had the better of the first half and on the 11th minute they came close to taking the lead with a rasping effort which had Marmoset Junior at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we had the referee to thank as he ruled out a Burton goal after their striker were adjudged to have fouled tenthreeleader. On the stroke of half time Burton had yet another chance with a long range effort which copperhorse21 headed over the goal. During the interval I went mad at the players and brought on Baby BooBoo for BenArsenal. My players responded well in the second half and actually started to play. Burton weren’t getting much of the ball and just after the hour salkster2102 gave us the lead with our first real effort of the game with a thunderous free-kick from 25 yards after Baby BooBoo was brought down on the way to goal. After the goal I made a double change with sherm and mistahc coming on for the goal scorer salkster2102 and chesterfan2. On the 71st minute we grabbed another goal with mistahc running free of the defence and dinking the ball over the keeper. We continued to dominate the half and on the stroke of full time mistahc grabbed his second of the game and our third with a brave header from Spav's cross.

Burton 0-3 Hardly Athletic salkster2102 61, mistahc 71, 90+1

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Balthazars, Manxie_Ash, salkster2102 (61-sherm), Spav, mark wilson27, BenArsenal (45-Baby BooBoo), chesterfan2 (capt) (61-mistahc)

13/8/07: Injury news sees the return of Jibby123 after three weeks out with twisted ankle and Celtic_1967 returns after three months out with a torn hamstring

14/8/07: Halifax (A) (2/46)

We again started slowly and on the 16th minute we went a goal down as E.Iriekpen jinked his way through the defence and fired under Marmoset Junior. Soon after they had another chance with a low effort which gave the keeper no chance but the crossbar saved the day. It was pretty much one way traffic and with six minutes remaining in the half a slip by greekgeorge was intercepted but Marmoset Junior saved his bacon with a great save. During the interval I made a double change with neilhoskins77 and Baby BooBoo coming on for Spav and BenArsenal. BenArsenal was far from happy and walked down tunnel. The second half was much the same with Halifax dominating. On the 69th minute I made a change with sherm coming on for mark wilson27. The changes had little effect and we were lucky not to have conceded more goals. Not a good performance lads

Halifax 1-0 Hardly Athletic E.Iriekpen 16

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Balthazars, Manxie_Ash (capt), salkster2102, Spav (45-neilhoskins77), mark wilson27 (69-sherm), BenArsenal (45-Baby BooBoo), mistahc

After the game I gave BenArsenal an official warning for unprofessional behaviour, he later apologised to me

17/8/07: More injury news sees Gavrenwick coming back to full training after three weeks out with back strain

Ben - We all have bad days, just next time speak to the gaffer in private and not just walk down the tunnel

Celtic - My friend you mis-read, you have returned to action after three months out

Pan - What can I say, squad rotation is the key to a winning squad

18/8/07: Weymouth (H) (3/46)

Eleven minutes into the game we took the lead as mistahc showed some great skills to beat his marker and wasted no time in firing under the keeper. On the 28th minute we had another chance with Manxie_Ash crossing into the area but Panpardus headed wide of the post. Seven minutes later we had yet another chance with a curling effort from Spav which had the Weymouth keeper at full stretch to save. During the interval I made a change with chesterfan2 coming on for mistahc. Five minutes into the second half we conceded a silly goal as a sliced clearance by Balthazars was half volleyed past Marmoset Junior by C.Eribenne. Before I could get too mad though we had retaken the lead with Panpardus hitting a wonderful curling effort from the byline past the Weymouth keeper. On the 62nd minute I made a double change with Gavrenwick and mark wilson27 coming on for Balthazars and the goal scorer Panpardus. Weymouth weren’t getting much of the ball and on the 79th minute we had the final chance of the game with chesterfan2 heading just wide of the post from a Spav cross.

Hardly Athletic 2-1 Weymouth mistahc 11, Panpardus 53 / C.Eribenne 50

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Balthazars (62-Gavrenwick), Manxie_Ash (capt), salkster2102, Spav, sherm, Panpardus (62-mark wilson27), mistahc (45-chesterfan2)

25/8/07: York (A) (4/46)

A pretty close game as both the York side and my team battled away. On the 14th minute we had the first chance as mistahc ran into the area and fired juust wide of the post when he was one on one with the keeper. Eight minutes later York were reduced to ten men after E.Panther lunged in on sherm. However the numeral advantage didn’t last long as on the 33rd minute we were reduced to ten men after WLKRAS was sent off for a second yellow card, from the resulting free-kick York took the lead as C.Oatway curled in past Lawlore who was slow to react. With eight minutes remaining in the half we levelled the scores as sherm threaded the ball to the feet of mistahc who lashed the ball with power past the York keeper. I made one change at half time with chesterfan2 coming on for Panpardus. The second half was a close affair and it took till the 74th minute for the next effort as York's J.Wilkinson beat the offside trap and fired past Lawlore to give the home side all three points

York 2-1 Hardly Athletic C.Oatway 34, J.Wilkinson 74 / mistahc 37

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash (capt), WLKRAS, neilhoskins77, sherm, Panpardus (45-chesterfan2), mistahc

26/8/07: Transfer news sees Portsmouth bidding £80,000 for Baby BooBoo, the bid was accepted after Baby BooBoo stated he wanted to speak to Portsmouth

27/8/07: Nuneaton (H) (5/46)

We began the better and on the 17th minute we came close to scoring as chesterfan2 barged through the defence and fired past the keeper but the ball went just wide of the post. Ten minutes later we had another chance with Manxie_Ash curling the ball over the crossbar. We were controlling the game and on the 38th minute we had another effort well saved by the keeper from chesterfan2. During the interval I made a couple of changes with Gavrenwick and BenArsenal coming on for copperhorse21 and mistahc. The second half was much the same as we continued to pile forward and on the hour we came close from a thunderous effort from sherm which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 70th minute we finally got the lead we deserved as BenArsenal headed in a Manxie_Ash free-kick. I made a change after the goal with mark wilson27 coming on for neilhoskins77. However our lack of ability to finish cost us as two minutes from time A.Hall levelled the score line for Nuneaton

Hardly Athletic 1-1 Nuneaton BenArsenal 70 / A.Hall 88

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21 (45-Gavrenwick), tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash, salkster2102, neilhoskins77 (70-mark wilson27), sherm, mistahc (45-BenArsenal), chesterfan2 (capt)

28/8/07: Transfer news sees Baby BooBoo joining Portsmouth for £80,000 after 28 appearances for the club with nine goals

Conference National: August

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Grays           |       | 5     | 4     | 1     | 0     | 7     | 1     | +6    | 13    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Woking          |       | 5     | 3     | 2     | 0     | 4     | 1     | +3    | 11    | 
| 3rd   |       | Stevenage       |       | 5     | 3     | 1     | 1     | 11    | 7     | +4    | 10    | 
| 4th   |       | York            |       | 5     | 3     | 1     | 1     | 8     | 4     | +4    | 10    | 
| 5th   |       | Halifax         |       | 5     | 3     | 1     | 1     | 5     | 2     | +3    | 10    | 
| 6th   |       | Oxford          |       | 5     | 3     | 0     | 2     | 6     | 5     | +1    | 9     | 
| 7th   |       | Cambridge       |       | 5     | 2     | 2     | 1     | 7     | 5     | +2    | 8     | 
| 8th   |       | Stafford        |       | 5     | 2     | 2     | 1     | 8     | 8     | 0     | 8     | 
| 9th   |       | Rushden         |       | 5     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 10    | 6     | +4    | 7     | 
| 10th  |       | Kidderminster   |       | 5     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 11    | 9     | +2    | 7     | 
[b]| 11th  |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 5     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 7     | 5     | +2    | 7     | [/b]
| 12th  |       | Forest Green    |       | 5     | 1     | 4     | 0     | 4     | 3     | +1    | 7     | 
| 13th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 5     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 6     | 7     | -1    | 7     | 
| 14th  |       | Hereford        |       | 5     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 4     | 5     | -1    | 7     | 
| 15th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 5     | 2     | 1     | 2     | 3     | 4     | -1    | 7     | 
| 16th  |       | Kettering       |       | 5     | 1     | 3     | 1     | 6     | 5     | +1    | 6     | 
| 17th  |       | Northwich       |       | 5     | 0     | 5     | 0     | 1     | 1     | 0     | 5     | 
| 18th  |       | Southport       |       | 5     | 1     | 2     | 2     | 4     | 7     | -3    | 5     | 
| 19th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 5     | 0     | 4     | 1     | 6     | 7     | -1    | 4     | 
| 20th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 5     | 0     | 4     | 1     | 8     | 10    | -2    | 4     | 
| 21st  |       | Macclesfield    |       | 5     | 1     | 1     | 3     | 5     | 9     | -4    | 4     | 
| 22nd  |       | Dorchester      |       | 5     | 0     | 1     | 4     | 2     | 7     | -5    | 1     | 
| 23rd  |       | Burton          |       | 5     | 0     | 1     | 4     | 3     | 10    | -7    | 1     | 
| 24th  |       | Weymouth        |       | 5     | 0     | 1     | 4     | 3     | 11    | -8    | 1     | 

August Review: Not a bad start to the season which sees us placed 11th. Its took early in the season for me to comment on whether were living up to our billing as relegation candidates. Next month will be an important month so lets get our heads down and keep the points coming in

September:

1/9/07: Aldershot (A) (6/46)

Before the game Spav was handed the Young Player of the Month Award.

The game didn’t get off to the best of starts for the fans with little in the way of action. On the 23rd minute I was forced into a change as mark wilson27 replaced the injured salkster2102. Just before the break we came close to scoring as sherm rattled the upright from the edge of the area. The second half was seven minutes old when I was forced into another change as Gavrenwick came on for the injured Celtic_1967. The rest of the game pretty much dragged by with little in the way of action

Aldershot 0-0 Hardly Athletic

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967 (inj 52-Gavrenwick), Manxie_Ash, salkster2102 (inj 23-mark wilson27), neilhoskins77, sherm, mistahc, chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game the physio informed me that salkster2102 will be out for around a week after receiving bruised ribs and Celtic_1967 will not miss any match time as he only received a knock

7/9/07: International news sees Celtic_1967 play for Scotland U21's in their 6-1 victory over Lithuania

8/9/07: Hereford (H) (7/46)

Another dire game for the fans as we never got going. On the 11th minute I was forced into a change as BenArsenal came on for the injured mistahc. There wasn’t much in the way of action during the rest of the half. I made one change at half time with mark wilson27 coming on for Manxie_Ash. Like the first half the second was pretty dire and we didn’t manage one single effort on goal. Lads we need to start improving

Hardly Athletic 0-0 Hereford

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Gary_Parker, Manxie_Ash (45-mark wilson27), salkster2102, neilhoskins77, sherm, mistahc (inj 11-BenArsenal), chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game I was informed that copperhorse21 will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit. Also the physio has informed me that mistahc will be out for around a week after bruising his ribs

11/9/07: International news sees Celtic_1967 play for Scotland U21's in their impressive 2-0 victory over France.

12/9/07: Stevenage (H) (8/46)

A great start saw us a goal up within four minutes as Panpardus jinked into the area with ease and fired under the onrushing keeper. However on the 11th minute Stevenage grabbed the equaliser as T.Thorpe rose above the defence and headed past Jibby123. Ten minutes later we had another chance to score with chesterfan2 coming close to from the corner of the area but his the keeper saved well. On the 34th minute we retook the lead as Panpardus again fired in from close range after beating the defence and tapping in past the keeper. Like the previous time we scored Stevenage levelled soon after as on the 36th minute S.Morison curled the ball in past my keeper. The second half was a disaster for us as we just didn’t turn up. On the hour Stevenage grabbed the lead as T.Thorpe headed in his second goal of the game. On the 70th minute we were reduced to ten men after Gavrenwick was sent off for a second bookable offence. After the sending off I made a change with BenArsenal coming on for WLKRAS. With a minute remaining in the game Stevenage added goal number four with a low effort from G.Strachan. Not good guys

Hardly Athletic 2-4 Stevenage Panpardus 4, 34 / T.Thorpe 11, 60, S.Morison 36, G.Strachan 89

Jibby123, Balthazars, Gary_Parker, tenthreeleader, Gavrenwick, Manxie_Ash, WLKRAS (71-BenArsenal), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, Panpardus, chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game the physio informed me that chesterfan2 will be out for around a week after bruising his ribs

15/9/07: Dag & Red (A) (9/46)

Dag & Red controlled much of the game and on the 18th minute they took the lead with a rasping effort from C.Mackail-Smith which gave Jibby123 no chance of saving. Soon after they had another chance with a great team move which split my defence apart but luckily for them the attacking team had just strayed offside. On the 31st minute we somehow managed to level the scores with BenArsenal heading in a Manxie_Ash cross. I made one change at half time with salkster2102 coming on for WLKRAS. Seven minutes into the half we scored again however this time it wastenthreeleader putting the ball into his own net. On the 56th minute we again levelled with Manxie_Ash curling in a free-kick from 25 yards after BenArsenal was brought down on the way to goal. After the goal I brought on mistahc for Panpardus. On the 77th minute Dag & Red won the game with D.Foster beating Jibby123 at his near post after running in from the wing. With the final whistle looming we were again reduced to ten men after BenArsenal was sent off for kicking a player. We may have scored twice lads but you were lucky not to be looking at a cricket score

Dag & Red 3-2 Hardly Athletic BenArsenal 31, Manxie_Ash 56 / C.Mackail-Smith 18, tenthreeleader 52 og, D.Foster 77

Jibby123, Balthazars, Gary_Parker, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash (capt), WLKRAS (45-salkster2102), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, Panpardus (56-mistahc), BenArsenal

After the game I gave BenArsenal a weeks fine for his sending off, BenArsenal accepted the fine and apologised to me and the squad

Our form hasnt been great this month, Ben as long as you leanr from this and come back a better player

19/9/07: Rushden (A) (10/46)

We got off to a great start as within three minutes we had taken the lead as Celtic_1967 headed in a WLKRAS corner after chesterfan2's effort was tipped around the post. Soon after we had another chance with Manxie_Ash rattling the upright from the edge of the area. We were dominating the game and just before the break we came close again with a low effort from mistahc which had the keeper scrambling along his line to save. The second half was a disaster as we didn’t get going and Rushden dominated. On the 70th minute Rushden levelled the scores with a great effort from S.Jackson which Jibby123 was slow to react to. Three minutes later we were a goal down as G.Wilson headed in from close range after the defence failed to deal with a simple cross. With a minute remaining in the game Rushden were reduced to ten men after R.Gyaki was given his second yellow card followed by the red

Rushden 2-1 Hardly Athletic S.Jackson 70, G.Wilson 73 / Celtic_1967 3

Jibby123, Balthazars, Gary_Parker, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash, WLKRAS, neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, mistahc, chesterfan2 (capt)

22/9/07: Southport (H) (11/46)

Before the game I was informed that BenArsenal has been given an extra two match ban for his sending off against Dag & Red.

Finally a performance as we kept control of the ball. On the 4th minute we took the lead as mistahc barged through the defence and fired under the keeper. We were dominating and on the 21st minute mistahc grabbed his second of the game. With four minutes remaining in the half I was forced into a change as mistahc fell awkwardly and was replaced by Panpardus. During the interval I made a change with salkster2102 came on for Manxie_Ash. Eight minutes into the half we killed the game off with chesterfan2 doing the honours from close range after beating the defence to a low WLKRAS cross. After the goal we relaxed a lot but kept the ball away from Southport

Hardly Athletic 3-0 Southport mistahc 4, 21, chesterfan2 53

Jibby123, Balthazars, Gary_Parker, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash (45-salkster2102), WLKRAS, neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, mistahc (inj 41-Panpardus), chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game the physio informed me that mistahc will be out for around 1-2 months after fracturing his wrist

29/9/07: Kidderminster (A) (12/46)

The first half was a none event with little in the way of action by both my side or the Kidderminster side. The second half started pretty much the same with nothing really happening. Just after the hour I made a change with salkster2102 coming on for WLKRAS. The continued to drag but with six minutes remaining in the game we finally scored with our first effort as chesterfan2 heading in a neilhoskins77 cross. However we couldn't keep the three points as deep into injury time J.Kenna fired in from the penalty spot after Celttic_1967 handled in the area.

Kidderminster 1-1 Hardly Athletic J.Kenna 90+2 pen / chesterfan2 84

Jibby123, Balthazars, Gary_Parker, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash, WLKRAS (62-salkster2102), neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, Panpardus, chesterfan2 (capt)

Conference National: September

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Halifax         |       | 12    | 9     | 1     | 2     | 21    | 7     | +14   | 28    | 
| 2nd   |       | Grays           |       | 12    | 8     | 3     | 1     | 19    | 8     | +11   | 27    | 
| 3rd   |       | Stevenage       |       | 12    | 8     | 2     | 2     | 23    | 13    | +10   | 26    | 
| 4th   |       | Woking          |       | 12    | 7     | 3     | 2     | 9     | 6     | +3    | 24    | 
| 5th   |       | Oxford          |       | 12    | 7     | 2     | 3     | 12    | 6     | +6    | 23    | 
| 6th   |       | Hereford        |       | 12    | 7     | 2     | 3     | 13    | 8     | +5    | 23    | 
| 7th   |       | York            |       | 12    | 6     | 4     | 2     | 19    | 11    | +8    | 22    | 
| 8th   |       | Cambridge       |       | 12    | 5     | 4     | 3     | 20    | 15    | +5    | 19    | 
| 9th   |       | Macclesfield    |       | 12    | 5     | 2     | 5     | 13    | 16    | -3    | 17    | 
| 10th  |       | Rushden         |       | 12    | 5     | 1     | 6     | 15    | 13    | +2    | 16    | 
| 11th  |       | Forest Green    |       | 12    | 2     | 10    | 0     | 11    | 9     | +2    | 16    | 
| 12th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 12    | 4     | 4     | 4     | 7     | 7     | 0     | 16    | 
| 13th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 12    | 3     | 6     | 3     | 12    | 12    | 0     | 15    | 
| 14th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 12    | 4     | 3     | 5     | 15    | 18    | -3    | 15    | 
| 15th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 12    | 3     | 5     | 4     | 17    | 20    | -3    | 14    | 
[b]| 16th  |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 12    | 3     | 4     | 5     | 16    | 15    | +1    | 13    | [/b]
| 17th  |       | Kidderminster   |       | 12    | 3     | 4     | 5     | 19    | 20    | -1    | 13    | 
| 18th  |       | Kettering       |       | 12    | 2     | 7     | 3     | 16    | 17    | -1    | 13    | 
| 19th  |       | Dorchester      |       | 12    | 2     | 4     | 6     | 15    | 20    | -5    | 10    | 
| 20th  |       | Stafford        |       | 12    | 2     | 4     | 6     | 12    | 23    | -11   | 10    | 
| 21st  |       | Weymouth        |       | 12    | 1     | 4     | 7     | 9     | 19    | -10   | 7     | 
| 22nd  |       | Southport       |       | 12    | 1     | 4     | 7     | 7     | 18    | -11   | 7     | 
| 23rd  |       | Northwich       |       | 12    | 0     | 6     | 6     | 2     | 11    | -9    | 6     | 
| 24th  |       | Burton          |       | 12    | 1     | 3     | 8     | 12    | 22    | -10   | 6     | 

September Review: A dire month with our performances not up to scratch. Come on lads we just aren’t playing at all. Luckily its still early in the season so lets sort it out and get up that table

October 2007:

2/10/07: Woking (A) (13/46)

A poor start saw us a goal down in the 9th minute as S.O'Hallohan fired in from the penalty spot after Gary_Parker fouled in the area. However after the goal we upped our game and on the half hour we had the chance to score from the penalty spot after chesterfan2 was brought down in the area, unfortunately Panpardus fired the penalty well over the crossbar. On the 32nd minute though we levelled the scores as mark wilson27 sprinted in from the wing and fired under the keeper. On the stroke of half time I was forced into a change as greekgeorge came on for the injured Balthazars. The second half was seven minutes old when we took the lead as Panpardus headed in from a Manxie_Ash cross. On the hour it was 3-1 with mark wilson27 grabbing his second of the game with a fine strike. I made a change straight away with Gavrenwick and BenArsenal coming on for tenthreeleader and chesterfan2. We carried on controlling the game and with twelve minutes remaining in the game we grabbed the final goal with Manxie_Ash curling in from the edge of the area

Woking 1-4 Hardly Athletic S.O'Hallohan 9 pen / mark wilson27 32, 60, Panpardus 52, Manxie_Ash 78

Jibby123, Balthazars (inj 45-greekgeorge), Gary_Parker, tenthreeleader (61-Gavrenwick), Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash, WLKRAS, neilhoskins77, mark wilson27, Panpardus, chesterfan2 (capt) (61-BenArsenal)

After the game the physio informed me that Balthazars will be out for around 5-7 days after receiving a gashed arm

6/10/07: Oxford (H) (14/46)

Compared to the previous game this was pretty dire with little in the way of football. The first half pretty much dragged by for the fans. The second half wasn’t much better and on the 65th minute I made a double change with sherm and chestefan2 coming on for Spav and Panpardus. The carried on with more dire play

Hardly Athletic 0-0 Oxford

Jibby123, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, copperhorse21, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash (capt), WLKRAS, Spav (65-sherm), mark wilson27, Panpardus (65-chesterfan2), BenArsenal

After the game the physio let me know that chesterfan2 will be out for six days after bruising his shin

10/10/07: Cambridge (A) (15/46)

An unfortunate start for mark wilson27 saw him diverting a low cross past Jibby123 for an own goal. Soon after Cambridge had another chance with a low effort which went just wide of the post. Cambridge were controlling much of the play but luckily for us they couldn't get their efforts on target. During the interval I made a couple of changes with copperhorse21 and sherm coming on for Gary_Parker and BenArsenal. The second half wasn’t much better for us as we continued to be outplayed. On the 70th minute we were reduced to ten men after mark wilson27 was sent off for a poor challenge on a Cambridge player. A game to forget in truth

Cambridge 1-0 Hardly Athletic mark wilson27 og 3

Jibby123, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker (45-copperhorse21), Gavrenwick, Celtic_1967, Manxie_Ash (capt), WLKRAS, Spav, mark wilson27, Panpardus, BenArsenal (45-sherm)

12/10/07: International news sees Celtic_1967 play in Scotland U21's 7-0 victory over Ukraine

13/10/07: Northwich (H) (16/46)

A minute into the game we took the lead as sherm hit a thunderous effort from 34 yards to beat the keeper into the top corner. On the 19th minute we had another chance with sherm again coming close from outside the area but the keeper managed to get the tips of his fingers on them. We were dominating the game with ease and on the stroke of half time Northwich were reduced to ten men after T.Thompson was sent off for a second bookable offence. The second half saw us continue to dominate and on the 65th minute we had another chance to score with BenArsenal fluffing his effort from 10 yards. Northwich weren’t getting near the ball and the frustration must have got to J.Talbot who lashed out at Gavrenwick and was duly given a red card

Hardly Athletic 1-0 Northwich sherm 1

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, Manxie_Ash (capt), WLKRAS, Spav, sherm, Panpardus, BenArsenal

15/10/07: The draw for the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round sees us facing an away tie against Conference South Side Sutton United

16/10/07: International news sees Celtic_1967 play for Scotland U21's in their 5-0 win over Georgia

17/10/07: The FA have informed me that mark wilson27 has received a further two match ban for his sending off against Cambridge

tenthree - I didn't discipline myself as to me it was just a badly time challenge however the FA though differently

mistahc - Lets hope the teenage part of you can cope for those two months :D

20/10/07: Tamworth (A) (17/46)

We dominated much of the game and on the 21st minute we took the lead as Panpardus jinked into the area and fired the ball under the onrushing keeper. Two minutes later Tamworth were reduced to ten men after R.Powell was sent off for a rash challenge on copperhorse21. It didn’t get any better for Tamworth as on the half hour T.Bowes was sent off for a second yellow card. The second half saw us continuing to dominate but we just couldn't get the defence of Tamworth. On the 70th minute I made a couple of changes with tenthreeleader and chesterfan2 coming on in place of Gavrenwick and Panpardus. With three minutes remaining in the game we grabbed our second goal as Spav unleashed a thunderous effort from 35 yards which gave the Tamworth keeper no chance of saving

Tamworth 0-2 Hardly Athletic Panpardus 21, Spav 87

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick (70-tenthreeleader), copperhorse21, Manxie_Ash (capt), WLKRAS, Spav, sherm, Panpardus (70-chesterfan2), BenArsenal

27/10/07: Sutton United (A) FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round

Again we dominated and on the 12th minute we had the chance to take the lead as BenArsenal somehow managed to miss from six yards after a great low cross from Manxie_Ash eluded the keeper. Ten minutes later we had another chance with Spav coming close from the edge of the area but the keeper saved well. Sutton weren’t getting near the ball and with two minutes remaining in the half we broke the deadlock as salkster2102 ran onto a Panpardus through ball to dink the ball over the keeper. The second half was much the same as he first and on the hour we doubled our lead with a well struck effort from Manxie_Ash after running onto a loose ball in the midfield. On the 74th minute I made a double change with WLKRAS and chesterfan2 came on for Manxie_Ash and BenArsenal. With nine minutes remaining in the game we added goal number three as chesterfan2 rose above the defence and headed in a sherm cross past the keeper

Sutton United 0-3 Hardly Athletic salkster2102 43, Manxie_Ash 60, chesterfan2 81

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, Manxie_Ash (capt) (74-WLKRAS), salkster2102, Spav, sherm, Panpardus, BenArsenal (74-chesterfan2)

After the game I was informed that Manxie_Ash will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit

29/10/07: The draw for the FA Cup 1st Round sees us facing a home tie against League One side Crewe

30/10/07: Injury news sees mistahc returning to full training after having a month out with a fractured wrist

Conference National: October

| 1st   |       | Halifax         |       | 17    | 12    | 3     | 2     | 25    | 8     | +17   | 39    | 
| 2nd   |       | York            |       | 17    | 10    | 5     | 2     | 29    | 14    | +15   | 35    | 
| 3rd   |       | Grays           |       | 17    | 10    | 4     | 3     | 24    | 13    | +11   | 34    | 
| 4th   |       | Hereford        |       | 17    | 10    | 3     | 4     | 22    | 10    | +12   | 33    | 
| 5th   |       | Stevenage       |       | 17    | 9     | 4     | 4     | 25    | 16    | +9    | 31    | 
| 6th   |       | Cambridge       |       | 17    | 8     | 6     | 3     | 27    | 17    | +10   | 30    | 
| 7th   |       | Woking          |       | 17    | 8     | 5     | 4     | 15    | 15    | 0     | 29    | 
| 8th   |       | Macclesfield    |       | 17    | 8     | 3     | 6     | 19    | 20    | -1    | 27    | 
| 9th   |       | Oxford          |       | 17    | 7     | 5     | 5     | 15    | 12    | +3    | 26    | 
| 10th  |       | Forest Green    |       | 17    | 5     | 10    | 2     | 20    | 12    | +8    | 25    | 
| 11th  |       | Kidderminster   |       | 17    | 7     | 4     | 6     | 27    | 22    | +5    | 25    | 
[b]| 12th  |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 17    | 6     | 5     | 6     | 23    | 17    | +6    | 23    | [/b]
| 13th  |       | Rushden         |       | 17    | 6     | 4     | 7     | 19    | 17    | +2    | 22    | 
| 14th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 17    | 5     | 6     | 6     | 24    | 25    | -1    | 21    | 
| 15th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 17    | 5     | 6     | 6     | 12    | 15    | -3    | 21    | 
| 16th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 17    | 4     | 8     | 5     | 15    | 16    | -1    | 20    | 
| 17th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 17    | 4     | 6     | 7     | 16    | 23    | -7    | 18    | 
| 18th  |       | Stafford        |       | 17    | 4     | 5     | 8     | 15    | 30    | -15   | 17    | 
| 19th  |       | Dorchester      |       | 17    | 3     | 6     | 8     | 21    | 27    | -6    | 15    | 
| 20th  |       | Kettering       |       | 17    | 2     | 9     | 6     | 19    | 27    | -8    | 15    | 
| 21st  |       | Southport       |       | 17    | 3     | 5     | 9     | 13    | 24    | -11   | 14    | 
| 22nd  |       | Burton          |       | 17    | 3     | 4     | 10    | 18    | 29    | -11   | 13    | 
| 23rd  |       | Northwich       |       | 17    | 1     | 6     | 10    | 3     | 17    | -14   | 9     | 
| 24th  |       | Weymouth        |       | 17    | 1     | 4     | 12    | 11    | 31    | -20   | 7     | 

October Review: Not a bad month with us only losing the one game that sees us in 12th position. A good win the cup sees us facing a higher League opposition in the first proper round. Keep it up lads and we will keep moving up the League

November 2007:

3/11/07: Macclesfield (H) (18/46)

Five minutes into the game we took the lead as WLKRAS ran in from the wing and fired with power past outstretched arms of the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a low effort which flew just past the keeper from chesterfan2. On the 29th minute Macclesfield had their first chance as they beat the offside trap and tried to dink the ball over the keeper but Lawlore managed to claw the ball away. With two minutes remaining in the half Macclesfield levelled the scores with L.Bullock firing past Lawlore after a poor pass by greekgeorge was intercepted. The second half saw Macclesfield dominating and on the 57th minute they should have taken the lead as they were awarded a penalty after Gary_Parker fouled in the area, luckily for him Lawlore guessed right and saved the ball. Thirteen minutes later we grabbed the lead as we countered a Macclesfield attack with Panpardus finishing the counter. On the 72nd minute I made a change with neilhoskins77 coming on for chesterfan2, I also changed the formation to a 4-5-1. Macclesfield continued to control the play but we held on for the win

Hardly Athletic 2-1 Macclesfield WLKRAS 5, Panpardus 70 / L.Bullock 43

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, WLKRAS, salkster2102, Spav, sherm, Panpardus, chesterfan2 (capt) (72-neilhoskins77)

10/11/07: Crewe (H) FA Cup 1st Round

Crewe controlled much of the game and on the 21st minute they took the lead via the penalty spot after Gary_Parker mis-timed his challenge in the area, L.Rodgers did the honours from 12 yards. Ten minutes later they had another chance to score with a thunderous effort which had Lawlore at full stretch to save. On the half hour we had the chance to score as salkster2102 curled the ball into the area but Panpardus failed to connect with the header. With a minute remaining in the half L.Rodgers grabbed another goal with a low effort which beat my keeper. On the stroke of half time Crewe were reduced to ten men after M.Lennon was sent off for punching chesterfan2. I made two changes at half time with neilhoskins77 and mistahc coming on for WLKRAS and chesterfan2. Ten minutes into the second half we had the chance to pull a goal back as sherm rattled the upright from 18 yards after beating the Crewe midfield to a loose ball. However on the 69th minute Crewe killed the game off as M.O'Connor headed in past Lawlore after we lost concentration for one second in the area.

Hardly Athletic 0-3 Crewe L.Rodgers 21pen, 44, M.O'Connor 69

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, WLKRAS (45-neilhoskins77), salkster2102, Spav, sherm, Panpardus, chesterfan2 (capt) (45-mistahc)

12/11/07: Injury news isn’t great for us as Manxie_Ash will be out for around two months after injuring his hip in training

16/11/07: International news sees Celtic_1967 playing for Scotland U21's in their 3-0 loss against Italy, however he was only on the pitch for fifteen minutes after he was sent off for punching an Italian player

17/11/07: Stafford (A) (19/46)

We controlled much of the game and on the 13th minute we had our first chance as WLKRAS ran in from the wing and fired a ball low into the area but noone was their to slot home. On the half hour we opened the scoring with mistahc doing the honours from close range after the Stafford defence failed to deal with a salkster2102 cross. On the stroke of half time we doubled our lead as sherm unleashed a thunderbolt from 25 yards to give the keeper no chance of saving. During the interval I made a change with Panpardus coming on for mistahc. The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate. On the 56th minute I made another change with tenthreeleader coming on for copperhorse21. Three minutes later we grabbed another goal as chesterfan2 headed in from a Spav cross. Stafford weren’t getting anything of the ball and on the 78th minute they were reduced to ten men after S.Hessey was sent off for a second bookable offence

Stafford 0-3 Hardly Athletic mistahc 30, sherm 45, chesterfan2 59

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21 (56-tenthreeleader), WLKRAS, salkster2102, Spav, sherm, mistahc (45-Panpardus), chesterfan2 (capt)

24/11/07: Grays (H) (20/46)

In truth a pretty dire game with little in the way of action. The first half offered little for the fans and they showed their displeasure as the half time whistle blew. The second half wasn’t much better, just after the hour I made a change with neilhoskins77 coming on for salkster2102. On the stroke of full time we were reduced to ten men after mistahc received his marching orders for a second yellow card, from the resulting Grays free-kick we countered them and WLKRAS finished the counter with a well struck effort

Hardly Athletic 1-0 Grays WLKRAS 90

Lawlore, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, WLKRAS, salkster2102 (62-neilhoskins77), Spav, sherm, mistahc, chesterfan2 (capt)

After the game I was informed that chesterfan2 will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit

27/11/07: The draw for the FA Trophy 1st Round sees us facing an away tie with Conference National side Stevenage

Conference National: November

| 1st   |       | Halifax         |       | 20    | 13    | 4     | 3     | 28    | 11    | +17   | 43    | 
| 2nd   |       | Grays           |       | 20    | 11    | 5     | 4     | 25    | 14    | +11   | 38    | 
| 3rd   |       | Hereford        |       | 20    | 11    | 4     | 5     | 24    | 12    | +12   | 37    | 
| 4th   |       | Stevenage       |       | 20    | 11    | 4     | 5     | 28    | 19    | +9    | 37    | 
| 5th   |       | York            |       | 20    | 10    | 6     | 4     | 31    | 19    | +12   | 36    | 
| 6th   |       | Oxford          |       | 20    | 10    | 5     | 5     | 19    | 12    | +7    | 35    | 
[b]| 7th   |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 20    | 9     | 5     | 6     | 29    | 18    | +11   | 32    | [/b]
| 8th   |       | Kidderminster   |       | 20    | 9     | 5     | 6     | 33    | 24    | +9    | 32    | 
| 9th   |       | Woking          |       | 20    | 9     | 5     | 6     | 17    | 17    | 0     | 32    | 
| 10th  |       | Cambridge       |       | 20    | 8     | 7     | 5     | 28    | 20    | +8    | 31    | 
| 11th  |       | Forest Green    |       | 20    | 6     | 12    | 2     | 23    | 13    | +10   | 30    | 
| 12th  |       | Macclesfield    |       | 20    | 9     | 3     | 8     | 21    | 23    | -2    | 30    | 
| 13th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 20    | 7     | 6     | 7     | 29    | 28    | +1    | 27    | 
| 14th  |       | Rushden         |       | 20    | 7     | 5     | 8     | 20    | 18    | +2    | 26    | 
| 15th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 20    | 6     | 8     | 6     | 13    | 15    | -2    | 26    | 
| 16th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 20    | 5     | 10    | 5     | 17    | 16    | +1    | 25    | 
| 17th  |       | Stafford        |       | 20    | 5     | 5     | 10    | 16    | 35    | -19   | 20    | 
| 18th  |       | Kettering       |       | 20    | 3     | 10    | 7     | 21    | 29    | -8    | 19    | 
| 19th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 20    | 4     | 7     | 9     | 17    | 28    | -11   | 19    | 
| 20th  |       | Southport       |       | 20    | 4     | 6     | 10    | 16    | 26    | -10   | 18    | 
| 21st  |       | Dorchester      |       | 20    | 3     | 6     | 11    | 22    | 32    | -10   | 15    | 
| 22nd  |       | Burton          |       | 20    | 3     | 5     | 12    | 18    | 31    | -13   | 14    | 
| 23rd  |       | Weymouth        |       | 20    | 3     | 5     | 12    | 14    | 32    | -18   | 14    | 
| 24th  |       | Northwich       |       | 20    | 2     | 6     | 12    | 5     | 22    | -17   | 12    | 

November Review: An unbeaten month in the League sees us in 7th place and despite the loss in the FA Cup I was very happy. Lets see if we can push up the table in the coming festive period. Well done lads

Celtic - It has been mainly down to your International duties, however you will get alot more time in the future

December 2007:

1/12/07: Kettering (A) (21/46)

A poor game for the fans with not much action in the first half. It took till the 38th minute for the first effort of the game with BenArsenal rattling the upright from just outside the area. I made one change at half time with mark wilson27 coming on for WLKRAS who hardly touched the ball in the first half. The second half was a little better with abit more action for the fans. On the 56th minute I made a couple of changes with tenthreeleader and neilhoskins77 coming on for Gavrenwick and Panpardus. Six minutes later Kettering had the next chance with a good team move which split my defence apart but Lawlore managed to block the effort. On 67th though Lawlore landed awkwardly whilst jumping for a cross and couldn't carry on. However I had used all my subs so Celtic_1967 went in goal for the remainder of the match. With twelve minutes remaining in the game we had the chance to win it but Spav's long range effort was well saved by the Kettering keeper

Kettering 0-0 Hardly Athletic

Lawlore (inj 67-no replacement), greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick (56-tenthreeleader), Celtic_1967, WLKRAS (45-mark wilson27), salkster2102 (capt), Spav, sherm, Panpardus (56-neilhoskins77), BenArsenal

After the game the physio informed me that Lawlore will be out for around a month after twisting his ankle, also WLKRAS will miss the next game after reaching the yellow card limit

8/12/07: Dorchester (H) (22/46)

An easy game for us as we controlled Dorchester with ease. The only surprising thing is that it took till the 34th minute for us to score as BenArsenal headed in a sherm cross. With two minutes remaining in the half we had our next chance with a curling effort from salkster2102 clipping the outside of the upright. On the stroke of half time Dorchester were reduced to ten men after N.Arnold was sent off for a lunge on Panpardus. I made two changes at half time with neilhoskins77 and mistahc coming on for mark wilson27 and Panpardus. The second half was all us again and on the hour we added another goal with substitute neilhoskins77 tapping in a Spav low cross past the keeper. On the 63rd minute I made another change with chesterfan2 coming on forBenArsenal. It was getting too easy for us and on the 86th minute we grabbed the final goal with neilhoskins77 grabbing his second of the game and out third

Hardly Athletic 3-0 Dorchester BenArsenal 34, neilhoskins77 60, 86

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, Celtic_1967, mark wilson27 (45-neilhoskins77), salkster2102 (capt), Spav, sherm, Panpardus (45-mistahc), BenArsenal (63-chesterfan2)

11/12/07: Injury news from the physio room sees Balthazars out for around three weeks after damaging his shoulder

Archived