The Phoenix of Hardly Athletic

mark wilson27

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not just kicking asses and taking names, I'm also maintaining our clean sheets whilst massively out of position, in goal!!!.

The rest of you guys have nothing on me. You need to up your games! :D:lol:

10/3 - Your name sake will be getting his chance soon don't worry mate

Celtic - Keep up the high standards and surely the others will follow

15/12/07: Stevenage (A) FA Trophy 1st Round

We started the better and on the 21st minute we had the chance to score as salkster2102 crossed into the area but BenArsenal somehow managed to head the ball over the crossbar. Soon after we had another chance with a low effort from Spav which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Just before the break we came close with Spav again coming close from the edge of the area but the keeper saved well. I made a couple of changes at half time with tenthreeleader and sherm coming on for Celtic_1967 and neilhoskins77. Eight minutes onto the half though a slip up in defence cost us as S.Moore intercepted a loose ball and fired past Marmoset Junior. Just after the hour we came close with a thunderous effort from chesterfan2 which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Stevenage weren’t getting much of the ball and on the 85th minute we should have equalised as BenArsenal fired a penalty wide of the post after mark wilson27 was brought down in the area

Stevenage 1-0 Hardly Athletic S.Moore 53

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Celtic_1967 (45-tenthreeleader), mark wilson27, salkster2102, Spav, neilhoskins77 (45-sherm), chesterfan2 (capt), BenArsenal

After the game the physio informed me that neilhoskins77 will be out for around a week after stubbing his toe during the match

20/12/07: Injury news sees Lawlore returning early from his ankle injury

22/12/07: Good news on the injury front sees Balthazars also returning from injury early after his shoulder injury

26/12/07: Burton (A) (23/46)

A good start to the game saw us go a goal on the 11th minute after BenArsenal played a one two with chesterfan2 and fired under the keeper. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with mark wilson27 heading a Spav cross past the keeper but it went just wide of the post. Just before the break Burton came close with a powerful effort which stung the fingers of Marmoset Junior. The second half was much the same as the first as we continued to dominate. On the hour we had our next chance as neilhoskins77 curled a free-kick just wide of the post after chesterfan2 was brought down on the way to goal. On the 65th minute I made a triple change with tenthreeleader, sherm and mistahc coming on for Gavrenwick, salkster2102 and BenArsenal. We were controlling the game with ease and on the stroke of full time we grabbed another goal as Burtons S.Oyedele diverted a Spav effort past his own keeper. Deep into injury time we made it 3-0 as chesterfan2 tapped in from close range after the keeper spilt a neilhoskins77 effort

Burton 0-3 Hardly Athletic BenArsenal 11, S.Oyedele 90 og, chesterfan2 90+2

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick (65-tenthreeleader), Celtic_1967, mark wilson27, salkster2102 (65-sherm), Spav, neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt), BenArsenal (65-mistahc)

29/12/07: Halifax (H) (24/46)

Halifax controlled the opening exchanges of the game and on the 5th minute they came close with a rasping effort which was diverted wide of the post by Celtic_1967. Ten minutes later they had another chance with a great team move which was thwarted by a thunderous challenge by Gavrenwick. With four minutes remaining in the half we had our first chance as Spav threaded the ball to the feet of chesterfan2 who lashed the ball wide of the post. I made one change at half time with Panpardus coming on for BenArsenal. The second half was pretty dire. On the 63rd minute I made another change with sherm coming on for mark wilson27. With ten minutes remaining in the game I was forced into a change as tenthreeleader coming on for the injured salkster2102

Hardly Athletic 0-0 Halifax

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge, Gary_Parker, Gavrenwick, Celtic_1967, mark wilson27 (63-sherm), salkster2102 (inj 80-tenthreeleader), Spav, neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt), BenArsenal (45-Panpardus)

After the game the physio informed me that salkster2102 will be out for around 1-2 weeks after damaging his heel

30/12/07: Transfer news Barnsley's bid of £162,000 plus 40% of next sale and a friendly for Gary_Parker accepted, its now up to him if he joins

Conference National: December

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 1st   |       | Grays           |       | 24    | 14    | 6     | 4     | 34    | 16    | +18   | 48    | 
| --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| 
| 2nd   |       | Halifax         |       | 24    | 14    | 6     | 4     | 31    | 14    | +17   | 48    | 
| 3rd   |       | Stevenage       |       | 24    | 13    | 6     | 5     | 33    | 22    | +11   | 45    | 
| 4th   |       | Hereford        |       | 24    | 12    | 7     | 5     | 30    | 16    | +14   | 43    | 
| 5th   |       | Oxford          |       | 24    | 12    | 7     | 5     | 25    | 16    | +9    | 43    | 
[b]| 6th   |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 24    | 11    | 7     | 6     | 35    | 18    | +17   | 40    | [/b]
| 7th   |       | Cambridge       |       | 24    | 11    | 7     | 6     | 37    | 25    | +12   | 40    | 
| 8th   |       | York            |       | 24    | 10    | 9     | 5     | 37    | 26    | +11   | 39    | 
| 9th   |       | Woking          |       | 24    | 10    | 7     | 7     | 21    | 22    | -1    | 37    | 
| 10th  |       | Kidderminster   |       | 24    | 10    | 6     | 8     | 39    | 30    | +9    | 36    | 
| 11th  |       | Macclesfield    |       | 24    | 10    | 6     | 8     | 26    | 26    | 0     | 36    | 
| 12th  |       | Forest Green    |       | 24    | 6     | 15    | 3     | 24    | 15    | +9    | 33    | 
| 13th  |       | Rushden         |       | 24    | 9     | 6     | 9     | 26    | 23    | +3    | 33    | 
| 14th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 24    | 7     | 11    | 6     | 21    | 19    | +2    | 32    | 
| 15th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 24    | 8     | 7     | 9     | 36    | 36    | 0     | 31    | 
| 16th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 24    | 7     | 10    | 7     | 18    | 20    | -2    | 31    | 
| 17th  |       | Southport       |       | 24    | 6     | 8     | 10    | 22    | 29    | -7    | 26    | 
| 18th  |       | Stafford        |       | 24    | 6     | 7     | 11    | 23    | 41    | -18   | 25    | 
| 19th  |       | Kettering       |       | 24    | 4     | 12    | 8     | 25    | 32    | -7    | 24    | 
| 20th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 24    | 4     | 8     | 12    | 18    | 38    | -20   | 20    | 
| 21st  |       | Weymouth        |       | 24    | 4     | 7     | 13    | 16    | 34    | -18   | 19    | 
| 22nd  |       | Dorchester      |       | 24    | 3     | 6     | 15    | 24    | 43    | -19   | 15    | 
| 23rd  |       | Burton          |       | 24    | 3     | 5     | 16    | 20    | 39    | -19   | 14    | 
| 24th  |       | Northwich       |       | 24    | 2     | 8     | 14    | 6     | 27    | -21   | 14    | 

December Review: Another good unbeaten League month. The loss in the FA Trophy is something I can cope with. Its good to have a few of the players back. Lets see what Gary_Parker decides in the next few days

January 2008:

1/1/08: Forest Green (A) (25/46)

A terrible start saw A.Russell giving Forest Green the lead with a well struck effort which gave Jibby123 no chance of saving. On the 17th minute it was 2-0 as L.Dodds headed in past my keeper after he failed to deal with a simple cross. Four minutes later it didn’t get any better as A.Lawless jinked through the defence with ease and fired under Jibby123. We were being outplayed completely and just before the break we came close to losing another goal as Forest Green broke through my defence but Jibby123 was on hand to save the day with a fine save. During the interval I brought on mistahc for Spav and changed the formation to a 4-3-3. Three minutes into the half we pulled a goal back as tenthreeleader rose above the defence and headed past the keeper from a WLKRAS corner. Just after the hour I was forced into a change as Panpardus came on for the injured chesterfan2. On the 62nd minute we pulled another goal back as BenArsenal showed some great skill to beat the defence and wasted no time in dinking the ball over the keeper. Nine minutes later we grabbed the equaliser as BenArsenal ran into the area unmarked and fired in a sherm cross. We were in control of the game but on the stroke of full time Forest Green grabbed the winner as K.Nicholson fired under Jibby123. I really should have changed the formation back to a 4-4-2 after our third goal, sorry lads

Forest Green 4-3 Hardly Athletic tenthreeleader 48, BenArsenal 62, 71 / A.Russell 11, L.Dodds 17, A.Lawless 21, K.Nicholson 90+ 1

Jibby123, greekgeorge, copperhorse21, tenthreeleader, Celtic_1967, mark wilson27, WLKRAS, Spav (45-mistahc), neilhoskins77 (61-sherm), chesterfan2 (capt) (inj 61- Panpardus), BenArsenal

After the game the physio informed me that chesterfan2 has only picked up a knock and wont miss any action

2/1/08: Transfer news sees Gary_Parker making his mind up and joining Barnsley for a fee of £162,000, 40% sell on clause and a friendly, he played a total of 61 games for the club without finding the net

5/1/08: Weymouth (A) (26/46)

A good performance as we controlled the majority of the game . However despite our domination it took till the 43rd minute for us to have our first effort on target as sherm curled the ball in from outside the area and past the keeper. On the stroke of half time we made it 2-0 as WLKRAS jinked his was into the area from the wing and fired under the onrushing keeper. During the interval I made a change as Panpardus came on for mistahc. The second half saw us carrying on the domination and on the hour we made it 3-0 with BenArsenal doing the honours with a well struck effort which gave the keeper no chance of saving. On the 67th minute I made my final two changes with Spav and chesterfan2 coming on for mark wilson27 and BenArsenal. After the changes the game pretty much flew by with little in the way of action

Weymouth 0-3 Hardly Athletic sherm 43, WLKRAS 45, BenArsenal 60

Jibby123, Balthazars, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, tenthreeleader (capt), sherm, WLKRAS, mark wilson27 (67-Spav), neilhoskins77, mistahc (45-Panpardus), BenArsenal (67-chesterfan2)

8/1/08: Transfer news sees AZ (Holland) bidding £325,000, 25% sell on clause and a friendly for WLKRAS. The decision to accept was taken out my hands as Terk accepted the bid stating the bid was too good too refuse.

13/1/08: WLKRAS has agreed terms with AZ and has joined the club, he played 43 games for the club and scored 6 goals. Other news sees Manxie_Ash returning to full training after two months out with a groin injury

Tenthree - I take full blame for the loss, poor tactics by yours truly

Ben - For WLKRAS I was holing out for closer to a £1,000,000 but Terk had other ideas

Salkster - Its getting a regular occurance sir...I will be keeping an eye on this

19/1/08: York (H) (27/46)

The first half was pretty quiet with little action. The only real piece of action saw BenArsenal rattling the upright from the edge of the area after running onto a loose ball. The second half was a little better and on the 59th minute we had the chance to open the scoring with chesterfan2 heading a mark wilson27 cross just wide of the post. Six minutes later I made a double change with Spav and mistahc coming on for salkster2102 and BenArsenal. On the 75th minute the deadlock was finally broken as substitute mistahc ran onto a sherm throughball to dink the ball over the keeper. Two minutes later we made it 2-0 with mistahc hitting a thunderous effort past the keeper from 20 yards. With ten minutes remaining in the game we made it three nil as chesterfan2 beat the offside trap and fired in a sherm cross to give the keeper no chance. On the 85th minute though York pulled a goal back as C.Donaldson raced through my defence and rounded Jibby123 to slot home into an empty net

Hardly Athletic 3-1 York mistahc 75, 77, chesterfan2 80 / C.Donaldson 85

Jibby123, Balthazars, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, tenthreeleader, sherm, salkster2102 (65-Spav), mark wilson27, neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt), BenArsenal (65-mistahc)

22/1/08: Nuneaton (A) (28/46)

We dominated the game and on the 5th minute we had the first chance with a low shot from sherm which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we had another effort saved by the keeper after copperhorse21 ran into the area and volleyed a neilhoskins77 cross straight into the keepers arms. Just before the half hour we had another shot with mark wilson27 trying his luck from the corner of the area but his shot wouldn’t dip enough and went just over,. On the stroke of half time we finally scored as mistahc headed in a mark wilson27 cross. The second half was much the same as we controlled the majority of the play. On the hour I made a double change with greekgeorge and Manxie_Ash coming on for Celtic_1967 and neilhoskins77. On the 63rd minute we grabbed another goal as mistahc fired in from close range after running onto a salkster2102 throughball. Seven minutes later mistahc completed his hat trick with a powerful effort from inside the area after some dire defending by the Nuneaton defence

Nuneaton 0-3 Hardly Athletic mistahc 45, 63, 70

Lawlore, Balthazars, Celtic_1967 (60-greekgeorge), Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, sherm, salkster2102, mark wilson27, neilhoskins77 (60-Manxie_Ash), chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc

26/1/08: Aldershot (H) (29/46)

Six minutes into the game we took the lead as mistahc ran into the area unmarked and lashed the ball past the keeper. Soon after we had another chance with a thunderous effort from salkster2102 which had the keeper at full stretch to save. On the 26th minute I was forced into a change as Manxie_Ash replaced the injured sherm. Just before the break we came close with a low effort from neilhoskins77 which had the keeper scrambling along the line to save. The second half saw us continuing to dominate but we couldn't get past their defence. On the 74th minute I made a change with Panpardus coming on for mistahc. Three minutes later Aldershot grabbed the equaliser as P.McLaren counter attacked us and fired past Lawlore. With three minutes remaining in the game we had one last chance with chesterfan2 rattling the upright from the edge of the area

Hardly Athletic 1-1 Aldershot mistahc 6 / P.McLaren 77

Lawlore, Balthazars, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, copperhorse21, sherm (inj 26-Manxie_Ash), salkster2102, mark wilson27, neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc (74-Panpardus)

After the game the physio informed me that sherm will be out for around a month after spraining his ankle

27/1/08: Transfer news sees us signing Ciaran Clarke (mistahc) from Plymouth for a fee of £3,000, he is a 17yr old DR from Rep.Ireland

28/1/08: Injury news sees two players out for three weeks as Lawlore damaged his shoulder and mark wilson27 has twisted his knee

Conference National: January

| Pos   | Inf   | Team            |       | Pld   | Won   | Drn   | Lst   | For   | Ag    | G.D.  | Pts   | 
| 1st   |       | Grays           |       | 29    | 18    | 7     | 4     | 44    | 18    | +26   | 61    | 
| 2nd   |       | Stevenage       |       | 29    | 16    | 7     | 6     | 42    | 29    | +13   | 55    | 
| 3rd   |       | Oxford          |       | 29    | 15    | 7     | 7     | 35    | 28    | +7    | 52    | 
| 4th   |       | Halifax         |       | 29    | 14    | 9     | 6     | 39    | 25    | +14   | 51    | 
[b]| 5th   |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 29    | 14    | 8     | 7     | 48    | 24    | +24   | 50    | [/b]
| 6th   |       | Cambridge       |       | 29    | 14    | 8     | 7     | 50    | 31    | +19   | 50    | 
| 7th   |       | Hereford        |       | 29    | 13    | 10    | 6     | 37    | 22    | +15   | 49    | 
| 8th   |       | York            |       | 29    | 11    | 11    | 7     | 44    | 34    | +10   | 44    | 
| 9th   |       | Forest Green    |       | 29    | 9     | 16    | 4     | 34    | 22    | +12   | 43    | 
| 10th  |       | Woking          |       | 29    | 11    | 10    | 8     | 27    | 28    | -1    | 43    | 
| 11th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 29    | 10    | 12    | 7     | 28    | 24    | +4    | 42    | 
| 12th  |       | Kidderminster   |       | 29    | 11    | 8     | 10    | 44    | 38    | +6    | 41    | 
| 13th  |       | Rushden         |       | 29    | 11    | 8     | 10    | 32    | 28    | +4    | 41    | 
| 14th  |       | Macclesfield    |       | 29    | 11    | 8     | 10    | 34    | 36    | -2    | 41    | 
| 15th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 29    | 9     | 9     | 11    | 40    | 43    | -3    | 36    | 
| 16th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 29    | 7     | 14    | 8     | 25    | 28    | -3    | 35    | 
| 17th  |       | Kettering       |       | 29    | 6     | 12    | 11    | 32    | 43    | -11   | 30    | 
| 18th  |       | Stafford        |       | 29    | 7     | 8     | 14    | 30    | 50    | -20   | 29    | 
| 19th  |       | Southport       |       | 29    | 6     | 10    | 13    | 23    | 34    | -11   | 28    | 
| 20th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 29    | 6     | 9     | 14    | 22    | 44    | -22   | 27    | 
| 21st  |       | Weymouth        |       | 29    | 6     | 7     | 16    | 24    | 45    | -21   | 25    | 
| 22nd  |       | Dorchester      |       | 29    | 5     | 8     | 16    | 33    | 49    | -16   | 23    | 
| 23rd  |       | Northwich       |       | 29    | 4     | 8     | 17    | 14    | 36    | -22   | 20    | 
| 24th  |       | Burton          |       | 29    | 4     | 6     | 19    | 25    | 47    | -22   | 18    | 

January Review: Not a bad month in terms of results. The loss at the start of the month was my fault for not changing the tactics when I should have. It was sad to see two players leaving but I was glad to welcome Ciaran Clarke to the club, a player for the future. Lets push on now lads and get this promotion sorted

February 2008:

5/2/08: International news sees copperhorse21 playing for USA U20's in their 4-0 loss against Belgium, however his game only lasted twenty five minutes after picking up an injury. The injury will see him out for around a fortnight after damaging his foot.

Other international news sees Spav playing for Australia U21's in their 2-1 win over Turkey

6/2/08: Two more players have represented their country as BenArsenal played for Singapore in their 2-1 win over Rep.Ireland and Balthazars played for China in their 3-2 win over Syria

8/2/08: Injury news sees the return of Lawlore after two weeks out with a shoulder injury

9/2/08: Dag & Red (H) (30/46)

We controlled the majority of the game and on the 17th minute we came close to scoring with Panpardus rattling the upright from 20 yards after beating the defence to the ball. Ten minutes later we had another chance with a rasping low effort from chesterfan2 which had the keeper scrambling along the line to save. On the 33rd minute we finally grabbed the lead we deserved as Manxie_Ash fired in a great free-kick from 25 yards after Panpardus was brought down on the way to goal. With three minutes remaining in the half we added another goal as neilhoskins77 beat the defence with a great run and dinked the ball over the onrushing keeper. The second half was much the same however on the 58th minute Dag & Red pulled a goal back with their first attack as M.Greaves headed in past Marmoset Junior from close range. Straight after the goal I made a double change with C.Clarke and mistahc coming on for greekgeorge and chesterfan2. We continued to dominate after the changes and with eleven minutes remaining in the game we scored goal number three as mistahc beat the offside trap and rounded the keeper to slide the ball into the empty net

Hardly Athletic 3-1 Dag &Red Manxie_Ash 33, neilhoskins77 42, mistahc 79 / M.Greaves 58

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge (59-C.Clarke), Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Balthazars, Manxie_Ash, salkster2102, Spav, neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt) (59-mistahc), Panpardus

12/2/08: Injury news sees mark wilson27 returning to full training after three weeks out with a twisted knee

I was gutted that he accepted the bid, I was going to accept the bid if it had been a lot more and that's the same with the majority of the players

13/2/08: Hereford (A) (31/46)

A poor first start saw little in the way of action. With five minutes remaining in the half the only chance happened as chesterfan2 ran into the area unmarked and fired towards goal but the ball went just wide of the post. During the break I made a couple of changes as mark wilson27 and mistahc came on for Spav and Panpardus. The second half was a little better and on the hour we had the chance to open the scoring with a low effort from mistahc which went just over the crossbar. After the effort I made my final change with C.Clarke coming on for greekgeorge. We carried on pressing forward and on the 78th minute we took the lead as neilhoskins77 barged into the area and fired under the keeper. Two minutes later we doubled the lead as chesterfan2 headed in a salkster2102 cross to beat the keeper at his near post. With eight minutes remaining in the game Hereford pulled a goal back as A.Sweeney fired in past Marmoset Junior

Hereford 1-2 Hardly Athletic A.Sweeney 82 / neilhoskins77 78, chesterfan2 80

Marmoset Junior, greekgeorge (61-C.Clarke), Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, Balthazars, Manxie_Ash, salkster2102, Spav (45-mark wilson27), neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt), Panpardus (45-mistahc)

16/2/08: Stevenage (A) (32/46)

Ten minutes into the game we had the first chance with a thunderous effort from Spav which clipped the outside of the post and went out. On the 27th minute we came close as Manxie_Ash ran in from the wing and curled the ball towards goal but the Stevenage keeper tipped it around the post. Seven minutes later we finally took the lead as mistahc rose above the defence and headed in a Spav cross. During the interval I made a change with Gavrenwick coming on for copperhorse21. Four minutes into the half we added goal number two as chesterfan2 jinked into the area and megged the onrushing keeper to score. On the hour we had our next chance with salkster2102 trying his luck from outside the are but the Stevenage defence was on hand to clear the effort. On the 64th minute I made my final two changes with mark wilson27 and BenArsenal coming on for Manxie_Ash and mistahc. With eleven minutes remaining in the game we had the final chance of the game as BenArsenal sprinted into the area but failed to connect with a neilhoskins77 cross

Stevenage 0-2 Hardly Athletic mistahc 34, chesterfan2 49

Marmoset Junior, C.Clarke, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, copperhorse21 (45-Gavrenwick), Manxie_Ash (64-mark wilson27), salkster2102, Spav, neilhoskins77, chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc (64-BenArsenal)

18/2/08: Transfer news sees the arrival of Ashley Marks (Manxie_Ash) on a free, he is a 28yr old AML/FC and has 4 Welsh Caps

19/2/08: International news sees Spav playing for Australia U21's in their 1-0 win over Vietnam

20/2/08: More international news sees Balthazars playing for China in their 8-1 thrashing of Syria. BenArsenal played for Singapore in their 1-0 loss against Saudi Arabia

23/2/08: Rushden (H) (33/46)

We started the better and on the 9th minute we came close to scoring with a rasping effort from chesterfan2 which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Twelve minutes later we had another chance with Spav crossing into the area but noone was there to head into the net. Rushden were being dominated and just before the break we had our next chance as mistahc rattled the crossbar from 10 yards. The second half was much the same as we continued our domination and on the 56th minute we had the chance to score from close range but mistahc send his effort wide of the post. Six minutes later I made a double change with A.Marks and BenArsenal coming on for neilhoskins77 and chesterfan2. On the 70th minute we came close again as BenArsenal somehow missed an open net after salkster2102's cross eluded the keeper. With eleven minutes remaining in the game the winning goal was scored as S.Jackson headed in for Rushden with their first real attack of the game. To say I wasn’t best pleased was an understatement

Hardly Athletic 0-1 Rushden S.Jackson 79

Marmoset Junior, C.Clarke, Celtic_1967, tenthreeleader, copperhorse21, Manxie_Ash, salkster2102, Spav, neilhoskins77 (62-A.Marks), chesterfan2 (capt) (62-BenArsenal), mistahc

25/2/08: Injury news sees the return of sherm after a month out with a sprained ankle

27/2/08: International news sees Spav playing for Australia U23's in their 2-0 win over Iraq

Conference National: February

| 1st   |       | Grays           |       | 33    | 22    | 7     | 4     | 56    | 21    | +35   | 73    | 
| 2nd   |       | Stevenage       |       | 33    | 18    | 8     | 7     | 47    | 34    | +13   | 62    | 
[b]| 3rd   |       | Hardly Athletic |       | 33    | 17    | 8     | 8     | 55    | 27    | +28   | 59    | [/b]
| 4th   |       | Halifax         |       | 33    | 16    | 10    | 7     | 49    | 31    | +18   | 58    | 
| 5th   |       | York            |       | 33    | 15    | 11    | 7     | 52    | 35    | +17   | 56    | 
| 6th   |       | Oxford          |       | 33    | 16    | 8     | 9     | 39    | 35    | +4    | 56    | 
| 7th   |       | Hereford        |       | 33    | 15    | 10    | 8     | 45    | 27    | +18   | 55    | 
| 8th   |       | Cambridge       |       | 33    | 15    | 9     | 9     | 54    | 38    | +16   | 54    | 
| 9th   |       | Woking          |       | 33    | 13    | 12    | 8     | 35    | 31    | +4    | 51    | 
| 10th  |       | Kidderminster   |       | 33    | 13    | 9     | 11    | 53    | 43    | +10   | 48    | 
| 11th  |       | Aldershot       |       | 33    | 11    | 15    | 7     | 33    | 26    | +7    | 48    | 
| 12th  |       | Rushden         |       | 33    | 13    | 9     | 11    | 36    | 30    | +6    | 48    | 
| 13th  |       | Forest Green    |       | 33    | 9     | 19    | 5     | 37    | 29    | +8    | 46    | 
| 14th  |       | Macclesfield    |       | 33    | 11    | 10    | 12    | 38    | 43    | -5    | 43    | 
| 15th  |       | Dag & Red       |       | 33    | 9     | 14    | 10    | 36    | 36    | 0     | 41    | 
| 16th  |       | Nuneaton        |       | 33    | 10    | 10    | 13    | 45    | 49    | -4    | 40    | 
| 17th  |       | Kettering       |       | 33    | 7     | 14    | 12    | 35    | 49    | -14   | 35    | 
| 18th  |       | Stafford        |       | 33    | 8     | 10    | 15    | 34    | 54    | -20   | 34    | 
| 19th  |       | Southport       |       | 33    | 7     | 10    | 16    | 28    | 48    | -20   | 31    | 
| 20th  |       | Tamworth        |       | 33    | 7     | 9     | 17    | 25    | 53    | -28   | 30    | 
| 21st  |       | Weymouth        |       | 33    | 7     | 8     | 18    | 29    | 51    | -22   | 29    | 
| 22nd  |       | Dorchester      |       | 33    | 5     | 10    | 18    | 35    | 55    | -20   | 25    | 
| 23rd  |       | Burton          |       | 33    | 5     | 7     | 21    | 27    | 51    | -24   | 22    | 
| 24th  |       | Northwich       |       | 33    | 4     | 9     | 20    | 16    | 43    | -27   | 21    | 

Monthly Review: A great month apart from the one loss. We are showing some great form here lads, lets keep it up and push for promotion

March 2008:

1/3/08: Southport (A) (34/46)

Southport didn’t get close to the ball during the game and on the 18th minute we had the chance to score as chesterfan2 beat the offside trap and fired towards goal but his effort was well saved by the keeper. Eight minutes later we came close again with Manxie_Ash curling the ball just wide of the post from a free-kick after sherm was brought down on the way to goal. With eight minutes remaining in the half we finally grabbed the lead as mistahc sprinted into the area unmarked and fired in an A.Marks cross. The second half was much the same and just after the hour Southport were reduced to ten men after D.Mannix was sent off for a second yellow card. On the 70th minute I made a change with Spav coming on for sherm. Five minutes after the change we grabbed the final goal as mistahc unleashed a great effort from the edge of the area to give us all three points

Southport 0-2 Hardly Athletic mistahc 37, 75

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, Manxie_Ash, A.Marks, neilhoskins77, sherm (70-Spav), chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc

5/3/08: Kidderminster (H) (35/46)

Another dominant performance as we kept the ball with ease away from Kidderminster. On the 7th minute we had our first effort as neilhoskins77 jinked into the area and fired towards goal but the Kidderminster keeper was alert enough to save the ball. Twelve minutes later we had our next chance with Manxie_Ash running in from the wing and firing towards goal but the keeper tipped it round the post. On the 28th minute we opened up the scoring as mistahc rose above the defence and headed in a Manxie_Ash cross. Just before the break we had another chance with mistahc trying his luck from the corner of the area but the ball wouldn’t curl enough. During the interval I made a change with Spav coming on for sherm. The second half was much the same as we continued to dominate and on the 67th minute we came close again with Spav heading just over the crossbar from a Manxie_Ash cross. Three minutes later I made a double change with tenthreeleader and BenArsenal coming on for Gavrenwick and mistahc. On the 74th minute we doubled our lead as neilhoskins77 ran through the defence with real ease and slotted home under the keeper. With five minutes remaining in the game we made it 3-0 as A.Marks curled the ball past the keeper from 25 yards.

Hardly Athletic 3-0 Kidderminster mistahc 28, neilhoskins77 74, A.Marks 85

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick (70-tenthreeleader), Manxie_Ash, A.Marks, neilhoskins77, sherm (45-Spav), chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc (70-BenArsenal)

8/3/08: Woking (H) (36/46)

The first half saw us dominating and on the 23rd minute we had the first chance of the game with a curling effort from mistahc which had the keeper at full stretch to save. Eight minutes later we had another chance with Celtic_1967 heading a Manxie_Ash cross just wide of the post. On the 39th minute we had one last chance of the half as chesterfan2 barged into the area but before he had the chance to score the referee blew his whistle for a foul. The second half was much the same as we continued to control the game and on the 54th minute we had the next chance score with A.Marks rattling the upright from the edge of the area. Seven minutes later the opening goal was scored as J.Ibehre jinked through my defence and fired past Lawlore to silence our fans. On the 63rd minute I made a change with BenArsenal coming on for Manxie_Ash and I changed the formation to a 4-3-3. Three minutes later my tactical genius paid off as BenArsenal fired in the equaliser from close range after showing some great skill to beat the defence. On the 79th minute we had another chance as A.Marks curled the ball into the area but mistahc failed to connect with the ball properly

Hardly Athletic 1-1 Woking BenArsenal 66 / J.Ibehre 61

Lawlore, Balthazars, copperhorse21, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, Manxie_Ash (63-BenArsenal), A.Marks, neilhoskins77, sherm, chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc

12/3/08: Oxford (A) (37/46)

We had the better of the starts and on the 17th minute we took the lead as mistahc ran through the defence and fired under the keeper. Seven minutes later we had another chance with a curling effort from the edge of the area but the keeper was on hand to save the day. With seven minutes remaining in the half Oxford grabbed a goal but unfortunately for them it was past their own keeper with R.Beckwith the unlucky player. On the stroke of half time we added goal number three as Manxie_Ash ran in from the wing and hit an unstoppable effort past the keeper. During the interval I made a change with A.Marks coming on for sherm. Two minutes into the half Oxford pulled a goal back as A.Burgess ran through my defence with ease and dinked the ball over the onrushing Lawlore. Just before the hour mark I made my final two changes as C.Clarke and BenArsenal came on for greekgeorge and mistahc. On the 74th minute we had another chance to score as chesterfan2 showed great skill to beat the defence however his final finish was poor and he fired a tame shot straight into the keepers arms. With two minutes remaining in the game C.Clarke picked up an injury but I had no replacement for him. Deep into injury time we added goal number four with Captain chesterfan2 heading in a neilhoskins77 cross.

Oxford 1-4 Hardly Athletic A.Burgess 47 / mistahc 17, R.Beckwith 38 og, Manxie_Ash 45, chestefan2 90+3

Lawlore, greekgeorge (58-C.Clarke inj 88-No Replacement), copperhorse21, Celtic_1967, Gavrenwick, Manxie_Ash, A.Marks, neilhoskins77, sherm (45-A.Marks), chesterfan2 (capt), mistahc (58-BenArsenal)

After the game the physio informed me that C.Clarke will be out for around a fortnight after damaging his neck late in the game. I was also informed that Spav played for Australia U23's in their 1-0 win over Uzbekistan

16/3/08: Injury news sees Jibby123 out of action for around three weeks after twisting his knee in training.

19/3/08: International news sees Spav playing for Australia U23's in their 3-0 win over Syria.

20/3/08: Injury news sees Lawlore out for around three weeks with a groin strain and my other keeper Marmoset Junior out for 4-6 days with a stubbed finger meaning I have no fully fit keeper for the next game

Archived