WTF Resignation Accepted Because Of Player

I took the managerial position at struggling Tonbridge who was in the relegation zone in Skrill South on 24/11/14 and was able to secure them a place in the league for the following season. It was a very tough season and we lost some games we should have won, but after joining them I was able to get the team motivated and bring in some players who had the potential to play in league 2 and a few that would be good as back up players. Before joining the team had managed to score 16 goals and conceded 35 winning 2, drawing 3 and loosing 11 they had managed to get through to the FA Trophy 3rd qualifying round and was knocked out in the replay. So when I joined all I had was league games to focus on and my results was. wins 10, draws 6 and loses 10, scoring 52 goals and conceding 48. Then on 1/6/15 I was asked to attend a board meeting about a player who had the potential ability to play in league to and the current ability to play well in skrill south, sadly he hadn't been playing at his best but I had confidence in him been able to shine in the new season where I was looking to get a minimum finishing position of mid table (team expectations was avoid relegation). Anyway Jacob Daffern brought in on a free transfer from MK dons and had played 17 games for us.

The chairmen told me that he sided with the fans and feels that Daffern should be removed from the team's first choice. I disagreed because he had only played 17 games and in some of those games had shown good promise and played very well getting 4 assists while playing as a central midfielder. Anyway the interview ended with me saying that if I can't be trusted to have full control over the team's first team then I may aswell resign and to my surprise the chairmen said (not in his exact words but basically) if that's how you feel then goodbye and good luck. So I no longer have a place in the team and have to look for a new team to manage, just because I had confidence in one of my signings been able to show his ability and why I was so confident with him. Oh and to rub salt in the wound the new manager plays Daffern in the first team.

So does this mean that I must always do as the chairmen says because he value's the fans over the ability and confidence of the manager?

If there is a bug here, it's that the new manager is playing Deffen in the first team. But even this is feasible, perhaps your argument gave the chairman second thoughts about the player but he still sacked you for arguing with him :)

I hate this feature, flawed and broken and serves no purpose

You mean that it is not realistic at all that the Chairman is an interfering oaf who wants to have input into who you select in the team? Really? That's not realistic at all? Not even a little bit?

In recent years its' happened at Chelsea, Hearts, QPR, Swindon, Southampton, Racing Santander, & Steuea Bucharest.

I think it's brilliant. I would hate it to happen to me, but its still brilliant.

You mean that it is not realistic at all that the Chairman is an interfering oaf who wants to have input into who you select in the team? Really? That's not realistic at all? Not even a little bit?

In recent years its' happened at Chelsea, Hearts, QPR, Swindon, Southampton, Racing Santander, & Steuea Bucharest.

I think it's brilliant. I would hate it to happen to me, but its still brilliant.

Cardiff's one is even more eccentric, rumours has it he demanded that new signings had a birthday of 8th August as he believed that the number 8 will bring good luck. Its never been proven, but considering he's such an eccentric muppet I wouldn't bet against him actually having that idea. :lol:

If there is a bug here, it's that the new manager is playing Deffen in the first team. But even this is feasible, perhaps your argument gave the chairman second thoughts about the player but he still sacked you for arguing with him :)

To be honest I couldn't face the fact that I was out of a job so I reloaded my previous save (I know some will say that's cheating, but in my defence I'm a newbie learning the game and didn't want to see all my hard work go to waste). Had I been sacked through bad a bad run in the league then I would accept that and move onto another club, but not through something that was due to me not knowing the end result for arguing your case would lead to resignation been accepted. I honestly thought the chairmen would go a little easy on me and say fine but he must be on the bench as a pose to dropping him from the team. Not that it matters now because he's not even played that many games in our promotion push (which we succeeded in achieving). Now Daffern finds himself in the reserve team hopping some manager will sign him before his contract expires in 2 years time).

Cardiff's one is even more eccentric, rumours has it he demanded that new signings had a birthday of 8th August as he believed that the number 8 will bring good luck. Its never been proven, but considering he's such an eccentric muppet I wouldn't bet against him actually having that idea. :lol:

If this is true then I dread to think what chairmen will be like in future if his magic 8 started to work out well, maybe see all 11 players running onto the pitch with numbers like 8, 88, 888 and so on will be one of the things he will try to get approved from the FIA.

@ Luke

Whenever I look for jobs in FM I always check the club history to see how often managers leave/get sacked.

If they keep managers for a couple of seasons+ it suggests the board is patient but if they sack at least one a season it suggests they are demanding. I tend to go for the more patient boards.

@ Luke

Whenever I look for jobs in FM I always check the club history to see how often managers leave/get sacked.

If they keep managers for a couple of seasons+ it suggests the board is patient but if they sack at least one a season it suggests they are demanding. I tend to go for the more patient boards.

Thanks Cougar2010, didn't look at it that way, I do look at the clubs history but not at how often they bring in new managers. Something for me to take note of from now on, last season I had a new chairmen come in after a successful take over and I was crapping myself. We was in the play offs at that point with our media predictions of 8th, so we was doing well some 5 points from 1st place with a game in hand. After the new chairmen joined it said he was looking to bring in a new manager from his own nationality (Ireland) I guess because we was over achieving at that time and continued to over achieve the chairmen had no choice but accept me as manager (I was lucky I guess this time).

Glad you stuck with Tonbridge, if for no other reason than that was the team I managed in FM13 and crafted into a global superpower.

Thanks bud, to be honest I started a save about 5/6 days ago picking Tonbridge and because I really am a newbie and suck I was shocked when I was doing well fighting for a place in the play offs in my first season, so I thought no that team must have really good players in and I want to struggle for a few seasons so I can see the improvements I'm making with new additions to the team and shout outs I use. So I abandoned the save (I honestly thought It was the team been so good) then after loosing my job at Newton in Wales I took the job as Tonbridge who was in deep trouble in the relegation zone and with most of there players gone I began rebuilding the team and we started to do well pushing the other teams and closing the gap to those ahead before finally stepping out of the relegation zone. It was then that I thought ok so it wasn't Tonbridge in my abandoned save that was the problem, it was me been able to play the game better and get the players to play the style of football I wanted them to play that worked.

I know for newbies, people say start in a big club like Man City, Celtic etc while they learn the game and then look for challenges when you feel your ready. I think its better to take a small team and go with the flow, you learn what attributes to look for and you get to build on the team with better players, so you learn how to improve your team more easily and you have less pressure from the chairmen. Also in LMA I always started with a small team and took them up to the top, then when I would get bored I would do the same all over again till the game ended (yes bloody end date) at which point the game was put away and not played again because it annoyed the hell out of me.

Seriously though, I will stick with Tonbridge and continue to build the team up and hopefully be able to say I built them into a power house that's won and is capable of winning many more trophies.

So my advice to anyone that is new, take a small team and go with the flow, start a few new saves as a small team and only focus on the Skrill N/S. When you start to do well then decide what to do, I would personally suggest staying with the team and seeing how far you can take them.

The feature as a principle is fine, but the way it's implemented is broken. The fact that the new manager coming in can play the player suggests there is problems with it. I made a thread a while back about me getting sacked for not dropping a player even though he wasn't playing. The feature is too temperamental

Archived