Is it smart to sign a young foreign player from south america for 3m and he can't join you for

another 2 years, although my scouts have him as a 5* potential player and a world class attacking midfielder for the future, could his stats fall dramatically in the space of those 2 years through injuries and not being played and average training facilities?

another 2 years, although my scouts have him as a 5* potential player and a world class attacking midfielder for the future, could his stats fall dramatically in the space of those 2 years through injuries and not being played and average training facilities?

Injury is always a risk, even if he played for you straight away there's no guarantee that he wouldn't break his leg in training on the first day. As for the lack of playing time, would he realistically play more for you (I assume you're a bigger team) rather than a lower reputation team. He'll still develop at the other club, even if the training facilities aren't at your standard, just not as quickly.

As long as his contract at his current club lasts until he joins you, yes. Otherwise you have a risk of his contract expiring and him spending 6 months - year without a club before joining you, and that's a hard setback to properly recover from.

If you have plenty of money to spare then you may as well gamble as you've got nothing to lose.

I once had to wait 5 years for a player (signed him at 15 but also had to send him on loan to get a work permit) but when he was finally ready to play for me, he was a beast of a 20 year old striker who went on to become world player of the year on multiple occasions.

I also signed plenty of others in that time who never even made my first team and let their contracts run down but all you need is one gem of a player to make all these irrelevant.

It works sometimes, but i generally don't think it's worth it unless they look like they're going to be something amazing. Too often i've done it so that i don't risk losing them to another team and they've never really developed into anything that amazing. Better to concentrate on scouting the under 18's at local level as they'll count towards the quota in european competition as well as being includable straight away as U21's which foreigners aren't.

Hi mate,

Most likely his PA is -10. As such, your scout gave him a 5* rating.

Based on my knowledge, a PA of -10 is a variable attribute; meaning that the PA fluctuate through injury, competitive matches, training facility/coaches and such.

For instance, currently i have Maximillian Meyer in my team. If i remembered correctly, his CA is 13X and his PA is -9 when i check on the Pre-Game Editor. Since i have an In-Game Editor, i decided to check on him during the start of my game. I was happy to note that his PA was 17X. However, after the season proceded for about 3 months, i'm surprised to see his star rating dropped. So, once again i used my In-Game Editor to check on him. To my horror, his PA is now lower. It's no longer 17X, it's now 16X.

So mate, moral of the story is, it's a risk if you are willing to take.

Hi mate,

Most likely his PA is -10. As such, your scout gave him a 5* rating.

Based on my knowledge, a PA of -10 is a variable attribute; meaning that the PA fluctuate through injury, competitive matches, training facility/coaches and such.

For instance, currently i have Maximillian Meyer in my team. If i remembered correctly, his CA is 138 and his PA is -9 when i check on the Pre-Game Editor. Since i have an In-Game Editor, i decided to check on him during the start of my game. I was happy to note that his PA was 172. However, after the season proceded for about 3 months, i'm surprised to see his star rating dropped. So, once again i used my In-Game Editor to check on him. To my horror, his PA is now lower. It's no longer 172, it's now 165.

So mate, moral of the story is, it's a risk if you are willing to take.

Please do not post PA or CA numbers of players in this forum, please edit them into spoilers.

PA is never affected by performances or facilities, only injury can lower a PA.

PA can be permanently reduced through injury.

Any negative PA values in the database have no specific impact on development once the game is loaded and the values are "locked in". All it means is that there's a certain amount of randomization when the database is first loaded. In one game a player might luck out and have a PA of 200, the next it might be 180.

Archived