FM14: Leeds United - The past is the past, Marching On Together again...

macca72

Finished my first season and won promotion via the play offs. Beating norwich 5-2 on aggregate the beating cardiff 2-0 in the final. Steve morrison finished with 33 goalsin 45 games beating the next highest scorer in the league by 7 goals. dominic poleon won young player of the year with 6 goals and 16 assists in 35 games from CAM. In 46 games my team scored 80 goals and conceeded 56 so not brilliant defensively but i know where i need to work on most to keep me up next season. I will update through the summer transfer window on signings and departures. I plan on using exactly the same tactic and see how i do first season in the premiership.

well done on promotion mate.. hopefully you can make some good signings and keep them up or even head to mid table. im 11 games in sitting on top only losing 2 games. Got a good feeling about this season... scoring for fun and defence solid.. lost on pens away at the emirates to arsenal 3rd round of carling cup.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well done on promotion mate.. hopefully you can make some good signings and keep them up or even head to mid table. im 11 games in sitting on top only losing 2 games. Got a good feeling about this season... scoring for fun and defence solid.. lost on pens away at the emirates to arsenal 3rd round of carling cup.

Cheers mate ive made a few signings so far ive signed kolbeinn from ajax as morrison will never cut it in the premiership im surprised with his attributes he scored as many as he did for me. he missed a lot of sitters aswell. also signed adam campbell from newcastle as a young striker who i aim to bring through and signed stoppila sunzu for CB.

this is my starting line up and formation.. sitting 4th after 5-6 games.

4-4-2 diamond

GK - Silvestri

CWB - Byram

CB - Bellusci

CB - Pearce ©

FB - Shinnie

REGISTA - Bianchi

AP - Sloth

BBM - Austin

T - Adryan

P - Sharp

F9 - Antennucci

Is this an official update, or have you edited DB?

Del Fabro will be pushing for a place in my best 11 soon, turned down bids from Arsenal, Tottenham, Fiorentina, Napoli, Roma & Udinese for him! I also expect Gauld to overtake one of the attacking 3 behind the striker soon as he develops more.

Just noticed this earlier in the thread, well done Sir, good prediction...

coming to end of football manager 2014 best signings were

Thievy averaged 20 goals a season

cerri not far behind

barkley assists for fun

Sterling hated me but still done a job !!!

Fabio averaged over 7 for 4 consecutive seasons

Played till 2021 5 yr in PL highest finish 5th but won euro cup and FA cup and 1 x super cup so happy wid my progress best version yet for me always struggled with previous versions

Noticed this during the FM15 preview video for us Leeds fans...

2s7grdj.png

Hugely disappointed with Silvestri, I really hope he got a tweak before the data lockdown.

Ajose looks surprisingly more promising, as does Murphy, but Mowatt should be better (than Murphy anyway)...

EDIT: I think that last star on Mowatt is black, which means he may actually prove to be very good. Hope they get Cook right, and can't wait to see Adryan, Bellusci, Del Fabro, Montenegro & Doukara...

Everton fan here, think in FM15 i'll start with a lower division team, however I'd prefer to run one of the "sleeping giants" so to speak.

Have decided on Leeds.....Always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Shocking how the club has been treated over the last few years

As the FM15 team pages are a few weeks away I guess, can any of you Leeds fans give any info on the current team this year? I'm talking real-life of course, who's hot and who's not.......

Everton fan here, think in FM15 i'll start with a lower division team, however I'd prefer to run one of the "sleeping giants" so to speak.

Have decided on Leeds.....Always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Shocking how the club has been treated over the last few years

As the FM15 team pages are a few weeks away I guess, can any of you Leeds fans give any info on the current team this year? I'm talking real-life of course, who's hot and who's not.......

Sure, welcome to the world of perpetual dreams...My top 6 or so...

GK - Silvestri, has looked very, very classy for us, could be potentially very good.

CB - Bellusci, maverick Centre Back. Youtube him in his games for Leeds and you'll see what I mean

DM - Cook, from the academy and looks amazing, best find for years

CM - Mowatt, similar to Cook, lots of potential

AM - Adryan, noones really seen him yet, but the hype is huge (20yr Old Brazilian U21 international number 10)

CF - Antenucci, gets caught offside a lot, but has looked very good

Sure, welcome to the world of perpetual dreams...My top 6 or so...

GK - Silvestri, has looked very, very classy for us, could be potentially very good.

CB - Bellusci, maverick Centre Back. Youtube him in his games for Leeds and you'll see what I mean

DM - Cook, from the academy and looks amazing, best find for years

CM - Mowatt, similar to Cook, lots of potential

AM - Adryan, noones really seen him yet, but the hype is huge (20yr Old Brazilian U21 international number 10)

CF - Antenucci, gets caught offside a lot, but has looked very good

Thanks Macca! Much appreciated. Is Byram still at Leeds? And I guess Antenucci is the replacement for McCormack?

Thanks Macca! Much appreciated. Is Byram still at Leeds? And I guess Antenucci is the replacement for McCormack?

Jeez, how could I forget Byram. Yes, he is should continue his development. (Future England right back if you ask me)

We didn't really replace McCormack with one player, we signed Sharp, Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro.

Jeez, how could I forget Byram. Yes, he is should continue his development. (Future England right back if you ask me)

We didn't really replace McCormack with one player, we signed Sharp, Antenucci, Doukara, Montenegro.

Oh wow, didn't realise they had been that active in the transfer market since last year.

Can't bloody wait till next Friday

Oh wow, didn't realise they had been that active in the transfer market since last year.

Can't bloody wait till next Friday

15 new players, which is why we (Leeds fans / players on the game) should all be excited.

Hello folks... thought I'd fire up one last Leeds game, considering I haven't had a long term one in fm14 yet.. shocking stuff..

Playing with an update so all the newcomers and newly departed are in/out... will update soon.

You'll enjoy that. My brother played a save with an update, Adryan won something like 8 young player of the months on the bounce, and Sharp had 25 before Christmas...

So I checked out Adryan on youtube (you know, that great scouting tool for us armchair fans!).

The boy looks good!

Has he made it into the first team yet?

Debut on Friday night as a sub. Looked very sharp, if he's half as good as he was on FM14, it'll be a joy.

Hello fellow Leeds supporters

Leeds looks fine this year and I am looking forward to do something with them.

Squad looks good, but I am a bit disappointed that Silvestri isn't rated higher, but oh well.

Finance looks fine, but was hoping for a bigger transfer budget.

I so want to play 5-3-2 with this side, I have no idea why I want it but there is something that I like about that tactic.

My first thoughts for transfers was that I needed a new central defender, a midfielder and possible a striker. Selling Austin, Norris, Tonge, Hunt and Morison.

How do you all like Leeds this year?

I've started out playing a narrow 4-5-1:

GK: Silvestri

RB: Byram

RCB: Bellusci

LCB: Pearce

LB: White

DMC: Austin

RCM: Bianchi

CM: Sloth

LCM: Mowatt

AMC: Adryan

ST: Antenucci

I've managed to move on Hunt, Morison & Warnock. Struggled to move on Norris, Wootton, Thompson, Tonge, Ajose.

Haven't signed any others but have made Adryan & Del Fabros deals permanent. We look really good tbh.

It does annoy me that they haven't got the positioning right for a few players. Austin should be Accomplished at ACM as well as DCM & CM. Cook should be Accomplished at DCM & ACM as well as CM. Having to retrain them.

It does annoy me that they haven't got the positioning right for a few players. Austin should be Accomplished at ACM as well as DCM & CM. Cook should be Accomplished at DCM & ACM as well as CM. Having to retrain them.

Yeah it is a bit like last year i had a 5-2-1-2 formation that i really liked and did well with but byram wasnt a RWB. im trying to recreate that again in this game aswell but with the amount of decent midfielders we have it id rather go with the 4-3-1-2.

because im trying to get tactics sorted ive put salerno on bringing players in he brought chris eagles so ive added 4-3-3 to work on aswell but he can play any across AM

Think I'm going to restart when I get home, have a better go a moving on the deadwood and may go with a 5-2-1-2. Antenucci has 7 goals in 4 games and Sharp 4 in 6 when playing 4-1-3-1-1 so is a shame not being able to fit them both in.

Will have a better go at recruiting new staff members as well.

Fair enough, still think I'll give 5-2-1-2 a go on the new save, gives a chance to blood Del Fabro, Doukara & Montenegro a bit more. Should also allow me to move on more of the deadwood in midfield (Tonge, Norris, Thompson. May even move Murphy on due to my growing hatred of him and his abysmal real life performances).

Hi guys, good to see so many familiar names again. :)

Really looking forward to playing with Leeds this year, I've had a quick look at the beta and the squad does look pretty strong although as expected there's a bit of a lack of decent wide players. So it will be really interesting to see how people approach the squad, I tend to prefer to play a 4-4-2 so I'd probably need to bring some wingers in, but I see some are already trying a narrower formation and trying to get the best out of the current midfield talent.

I doubt I'll have much time to play around with the beta, I may just wait for the full release before starting a proper save, but I'll be reading any info on potential signings/tactics etc that you fellas post with interest.

Leeds lack wide players, but any leeds fan know this.

However there are some good players out there that will sign for free/next to nothing. I have currently signed,

Lewis Macleod from Ranger 240k and currently notching up MOM performances on a regular basis.

Stephen McLaughlin from Forest picked him up for 250k and a good versatile player for the level.

Chris Eagles again like McLaughlin, versatile and decent for the level. but Free.

With these extra players and I have yet to lose a game, using a Diamond formation set for control build up play.

I off loaded Hunt, and Morrison, resisted urge to off load White as there are no decent replacements.

Cook and Cooper seem ok, but they hopefully will develop more as time goes on.

M.O.T

/Edit, Had to use a new forum account as forgot old one lol

Hi guys, good to see so many familiar names again. :)

Really looking forward to playing with Leeds this year, I've had a quick look at the beta and the squad does look pretty strong although as expected there's a bit of a lack of decent wide players. So it will be really interesting to see how people approach the squad, I tend to prefer to play a 4-4-2 so I'd probably need to bring some wingers in, but I see some are already trying a narrower formation and trying to get the best out of the current midfield talent.

I doubt I'll have much time to play around with the beta, I may just wait for the full release before starting a proper save, but I'll be reading any info on potential signings/tactics etc that you fellas post with interest.

Hello Coen, good to see you around these parts again! :)

Just downloading the beta. I have to admit I've some curiosity about the squad in FM this year!

I think js150 is doing it.

It's like the Ryder Cup captaincy you only get 1 shot :)

Hopefully I'll get another shot at some stage...

Just noticed no one had put in to do one and wanted to get posting about FM15 :)

Waiting to hear back from a mod about doing it then I'll get it posted up.

Archived