'The Masterplan'

iHeadHunta x

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

100px-CA_Atenas_zps0b6353bc.png

Mid-Season Review

Although we sit very comfortably in the table, we just aren't convincing enough to win the league and in my opinion - gain promotion. We started off the league campaign poorly before going on a 5 game winning streak. We just never kept that run of form up after and although we won 4 games we still lost twice aswell as drawing 1. Noone has even stood out to me as a match winner and the strike force has been very poor. For me this side is just not good enough to gain promotion and in the summer their will be a major overhaul with the majority of players leaving. However I shouldn't be too judge mental, after all we are currently in the automatic promotion place but we just need to push on and players need to stand up and counted.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-2_zps83a03cae.png

League Table - 2nd

Mid-Season Transfers

AtenasdeSanCarlos_TransfersTransferHistory_zpse4927a44.png

Well, I have taken a big risk in overhauling the squad already with the club currently sitting in 2nd place. This could either go our way and we can hold on and gain promotion or could backfire on us, with the new signings failing to perform and finishing much lower down. We let go off 7 players on a free transfer, with 5 being released from their contracts which will have an impact on our finances but they are just not performing well enough. 2 Players - Syzard and Duran got snapped up on pre-contracts. Leaving the club includes, the new signings only made at the start of the current season - Alaniz - and a few key players from last year including Sigales and Luna.

Alvaro Garcia - Looks to be a very good goalkeeper, who has plenty of experience playing in the top flight with 12 years in division 1. Signed on a free transfer.

Facunda Perez - Signed from Boston River for 12.5k, doesn't have a fantastic history of scoring bags of goals but has been hyped up by my scouts and hopefully can turn that around here.

Alex Silva - Has has a fantastic season for Plaza Colonia before we signed him scoring 9 in 13 so we bought him for 16.k. Has a mixed bag of attributes.

Mario Lequizamon - Although he is 32, he has a lot of experience playing in the top division. He is still a very good player, and having recently played in the first division before we signed him.

Emanuel Aquilera - Signed from the very reputable Godoy Cruz for a measly 10k. A large wage outlay but a very good player, including some quality physical attributes.

Maykon - My favourite signing, a brazilian wing back with a very attacking frame of mind. Will be a quality wing back, that can look to bomb down the wing providing crosses for my new signings.

Duglas Lima - I have taken a risk with this signing, he is old but was the division top goalscorer back in 2013 with 16 goals so I am hoping he can refind this form.

Final-Season Review

It has been a very weird second half of the season, you might say the plan to overhaul the squad has backfired in one way as we didn't play very good in the second half of the year, but some might say it doesn't matter as we still gained an suprising promotion. The promotion was all down to the fantastic start we made to the second half, as we won our first 4 games but after that we only managed 1 win in 9. However we did concede last minute equalisers in the games against Canadian and Plaza which dropped vital points. The new signings started off making an impact before quieting out with Alex Silva and scoring 3 goals and Duglas Lima scoring on his debut. However we are still going up, with a fantastic promotion to the first division.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zps7c99b14e.png

League Table - 2nd (Promoted)

I have to say you're going along very nicely. You seem to be building a squad of players well. Congrats on the promotion after missing out last season. How do you think the current squad would do as it stands? Or do you feel you'll need to completely revamp the squad?

The mold of the squad is still their, Patrick and Maykon in the wingback positions are solid aswell as the center of the midfield. Need to the strikers to start scoring but only a few signings will need to be made!

Well done getting promoted! I think your squad just needs some time to gel then you'll start to be a bit more consistent, at times they're scoring for fun so they can obviously play! Hopefully you can bring in some extra quality as well before taking on the big boys :thup:

Well done on promotion, as AK22 it's a shame you tailed off a bit but the main thing is you did enough to go up and hopefully you'll get better finances to help you stay up next year.
Well done getting promoted! I think your squad just needs some time to gel then you'll start to be a bit more consistent, at times they're scoring for fun so they can obviously play! Hopefully you can bring in some extra quality as well before taking on the big boys :thup:

Thanks lads, yeah it will take time to gel! Penarol just seem to dominate the league but we will try and do em!

End of Season News including Awards!

I had to start with the news that the Elections are coming up for the presidency. We will have to see where this news takes us!

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox_zps837c03d9.png

Up next is the incoming finances, although it is nice to get this money through affiliations and seasons rewards, it will all go straight back out on squad bonuses and promotion bonuses in contracts.

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-6_zpsc890462a.png

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-2_zpsd99e355e.png

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-5_zpsc066a6ee.png

And last but certainly not least, Player of the Season - Oscar Castro and the best eleven and overall best eleven!

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-4_zpsdceeeaba.png

I had no idea the average point system was on in Uruguay as well. Basically you play the league and at the end they do the average of all the points won for the last 3 seasons to decide who's being relegated. Your average as a promoted club would be made on only one season.

So for instance. Let's say you finish with 40 points. If at the same time there's a team finishing with only 20 points for the season, and 60 points for the two seasons before that, then this team has greater chances than you to be saved in first division. It's a system made to protect the big clubs. It means that to be relegated, a big club needs to have at least 2 **** seasons. You, as a promoted club, need to do a very good season if you want to stay in the first League.

I had no idea the average point system was on in Uruguay as well. Basically you play the league and at the end they do the average of all the points won for the last 3 seasons to decide who's being relegated. Your average as a promoted club would be made on only one season.

So for instance. Let's say you finish with 40 points. If at the same time there's a team finishing with only 20 points for the season, and 60 points for the two seasons before that, then this team has greater chances than you to be saved in first division. It's a system made to protect the big clubs. It means that to be relegated, a big club needs to have at least 2 **** seasons. You, as a promoted club, need to do a very good season if you want to stay in the first League.

Will be very tough, but were up for the challenge!

2015-2016 - Start of New Season

Last season we got promoted, meaning this year we have a tough season on our hands to avoid relegation especially with the accumulative points system in this country. I told the board that my aim for the season is to avoid relegation obviously and the media predict that we will finish in 14th position, meaning relegation but we will fight to prove them wrong.

The finances have declined considerably since last season but hopefully they will stabilize with Division one football. We are currently 135k in the red!

We have decided for retaining the current captain of the club, Simon Vanderhoegt!

Transfer IN!

AtenasdeSanCarlos_TransfersTransferHistory_zpsafab1002.png

1: Alejandro Acosta - 35 Year old central defender signed on a free transfer, will be hear just for this season if we fail to avoid relegation. Will offer some might needed experience for the upcoming season.

2: Bernando Laureiro - 24 Year old attacking midfielder, a good solid all round player who will be a good winger to support the strike force.

3: Brian Moyano - On loan striker from Godoy Cruz, looks to be an awesome loan signing. He is a quality player and should be the guy who can help us stay up with some vital goals.

4: Ivan Alonso - Another striker joined, he is very old and may not be able to cut it in the top division but that is a risk I want to take.

Mid-Season Review

A tough lesson has been learnt after the opening stage, having started so promisingly, conceding a last minute equaliser in the opening game before back to back victories. After that we only gained 6 points, with 1 victory. We got taught a real lesson and a major setback, having lost 6-1 to nacional, 5-1 to defensor sporting and 4-1 from Penarol. We have played really well at times, and been very unlucky not to have picked up a few more wins having conceded injury time equalisers to both wanderers and El Tanque. It could have been a lot worse if it wasn't for on loan striker, Brian Moyono having scored 8 games including scoring 6 goals in consecutive games. But the season is still not over, if we can have a successful closing stage of the season then hopefully we can overtake Tacurembo in the accumulative points table as we are still the best from the promoted teams.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zps53b16d81.png

League Table - 14th

=============================================

Best Player so far!

Brian Moyano

End of Season Review

Well what can I say, we got taught a real lesson this year - but at least we can say we have gave it our all and gained a lot of experience for the future. I am a lot happier with the closing stage as we picked up 15 points - 2 more than the opening stage. We was extremely unlucky aswell and we could have stayed up had we had that little bit more luck, having conceded last minute equalisers on 5 seperate occasions. The big positive to take is the fact that the team rallyed around and more of the squad chipped in with goals. Brian Moyano had a shocking closing stage and will be going back to his parent club. We can still take a lot of pride from this campaign, although we only picked up 28 points from a possible 90. We was on the end of a drumming from nacional again but gave a good fight against the highly reputable Penarol.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-2_zps73aece33.png

League Table - 13th (Accumulative Points - 14th RELEAGTED)

======================

End of Season Finances

The finances at the moment aren't in the best of states! These needs to be improved dramatically!

AtenasdeSanCarlos_BoardroomFinances_zps3d61fd8f.png

======================

Awards

SeasonBestEleven_zps8fa916f0.png

(Overall Best Eleven

And last but certainly not least!

Playeroftheyear_zps65229c02.png

Off-Season Transfers

Well after last season's disappointing relegation mixed with the poor finances off late, has left me with no other choice but to take a huge risk. I have decided to sell or release some of the past 2 season's key players and favour for the youth option as we have some fantastic youngsters coming through at present. We released 4 players, including the highly disappointing duo of Lequizamon and Danilo. Alex Silva and Facundo Peraza both somehow attracted interest from El Tanque after having poor seasons and the two highly talented defenders Castro and Aguilera both left to help with the finances.

AtenasdeSanCarlos_TransfersTransferHistory-2_zps81b64476.png

Now onto incoming, I didn't need to sign many players to replace the outgoings due to the number of youngsters deserving a place. Firstly was Renzo Estramil, still in his prime and on a cheap wage considering how good he looks. The next 2 was signings on loan from our parent club - Godoy Cruz. Franco Caligari looks to be a top future star on the wing and Joan Juncos can hopefully score the crucial goals to help us back up this year. Sebastien Ramirez replaces Oscar Castro and Aguilera leaving the club and he is also on a relatively cheap wage. Lastly, the brazilian Rodrigo Dias. A backup signing and one for the future.

Renzo Estramil I Franco Caligari I Joan Juncos I Sebastian Ramirez I Rodrigo Dias

Squad Update

Goalkeepers

Goalkeepers_zpsae46536a.png

Lets start with the goalkeepers! We have not got the best of depth in this department with Alvaro Garcia still at the club and Rafael Tejera who for me is really pushing for a first team place having ended last year on form. Matias Espinosa is a young talented backup. Tejera had a really strong end to last season and is attracting the interest of many top clubs but I want to keep him here.

Defenders

Defenders_zps37687718.png

Now on to the defenders. You are probably thinking why do I have no full backs. Well I have opted out of full backs in favour of playing 3 at the back. Having 2 key parts of the defense leaving last year (Oscar Castro and Emmanuel Aguilera) their was a hole to fill. Sergio Fernandez spent last season out on loan and has come back looking like a really good asset. Estramil will be playing in the defensive midfield role and Sebastian Ramirez was also brought in during the summer and looks very solid. Now onto the 3 youngsters. At least one of these will play regularly this season, and I am taking a huge risk in starting the season with 3 of last years youth team being promoted to the seniors. All have fantastic potential so this first team experience, should really help in their development.

Midfielders

Midfielders_zps2d7c3dfd.png

The midfield has been revamped the most, with 5 youngsters taking their place in the senior squad. Importantly, we kept hold of Sergio Suffo, Fernando Arismendi and Bernando Laureiro. Most of last season's midfield has left but to keep those 3 was key. Ruiz Diaz and Lacruz both looks very talented and solid for the defensive midfield role and Franco Caligari looks to be a really good loan signing. Marcelo Luna and Quincy (Ex Arsenal Youngster) are both backup, Luna being a great young talent and Quincy just being very poor as usual. Last of all, Julio Cross! What a player this kid looks, having attracted interest from teams all over Europe and even from Nacional and Penarol. We have worked some sought of black magic to keep him but he is staying and looks an incredible talent.

Strikers

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_SquadPlayers_zps965c0836.png

We are down to bare bones in the strike department, but finances just won't allow any more signings. We just need to pray we get no injuries. Joan Juncos and Rodrigo Dias will both be rotated throughout the season, both players looking good. And for backup, we have 18 year old Rene Medina. Ain't the best of backup, and if called upon may not be capable of doing a job but only time will tell.

As you can see, the squad is very young which could backfire on us in gaining promotion this year, but it is a risk that we have to take for the welfare of the club.

Start of New Season

After the dissapointment of relegation last season, I have chosen the my aim to the board is to achieve the play-offs. I know this seems a bit pessimistic, and that I don't have a lot of hope but I do and only chosen that aim because of the average age of the squad. Although we have the talent and potential, you just never know how the age factor can add pressure to the team throughout the season.

SeasonExpctations_zpsd6b798d0.png

Tough relegation :(

It will hopefully work out for the better in the long run, depends on how the youth perform!

Just had a read through you're thread, fantastic way to bounce back in the second season after that humiliating second leg defeat in the first, but this whole relegation points system C**P may be a tough cookie to deal with :( Good luck on gaining promotion again.

Thanks for reading it mate, it isn't ideal but hopefully next time we can have a real shot!

September and October Results

The start of the new season, which brings about a new adventure. This young squad has started off in a really positive fashion having been tipped to finish in 4th place. We have been scoring goals for fun, having started off 3 nil up against Huracan before nearly collapsing late on. We have won 6 out of the first 7 games which is a really good start but we should not have lost to our rivals 3-1. The midfield and strikeforce have really been performing, and the youngsters are attracting a lot of interest from South America having been playing awesome. Joan Juncos has scored 3 goals and Suffo has scored 4. Julio Cross is performing at the highest quality also, and at the age of only 18 has a real talented future ahead having scored on his senior debut.

SepetmberOctoberResults_zpscdc9c4d2.png

League Table - 1st

November and December Results

Were now at the mid-point of the season and although we was not as convincing in the pat couple of months, we are still doing a good job. We have conceded a lot more goals in recent games but are still outscoring all opponents so I cant complain. We got a fantastic draw against Cerrito having been 3nil down at Half-Time. The only lose of the last couple of months was to title challengers, Sud America! Sergio Suffo has been incredible in recent months, and although he is getting to that age where he is set to decline, he just keeps improving having scored 6 goals in 6 games from the wing.

NovemberDecemberResults_zpsb3701c6d.png

League Table - 1st

Mid-Season Squad Update

Goalkeepers

Lets start with the goalkeeprs. As you can see, only 1 goalkeeper has been used this season meaning that Alvaro Garcia has just been backup and Matias Espinosa is a talented youngster in backup. As you can see, 18 year old Rafael Tejera has played 13 games so far this year and has an average rating of 7.05. He looks to be a top class goalkeeper and has been atracting the interest of the best, such as Penerol etc.

Goalkeeprs_zpsf772734e.png

Defenders

The defenders have been solid, but I would have prefered to keep a few more clean sheets so far. We usually start with 3 at the back - Sergio Fernandez, Sebastian Ramirez and Jose Sergio Tejera. Fernandez has been the best so far, slightly better than Tejera and has scored 2 goals with an average rating of 7.08. Tejera has also been solid with an average rating of 7.05 and 1 goal and this is really good for 2 youngsters. Ramirez has been average and for a new signing I would have preferred more but it will take time. Lammana is still developing and attracting interest from some big clubs, with Estramil mainly playing in midfield. Melono is not good enough for a first team spot yet but could leave on loan to the third division to find some first team experience.

Defenders_zps87c85a31.png

Midfielders

The midfield has been crucial this season, and vitally has been the main outlet for goals. Starting off with Sergio Suffo, who has been incredible. Scoring goals from all over the pitch - including 5 free kicks. He has scored 10 goals from the Wing, 3 assists and 5 MoM awards with an average rating of 7.85 which makes him our best form player. Ruiz Diaz and Lacruz (Both Youngsters) have been rotated in the Regista role of the midfield and have both been very solid. Franco Caligari and Fernando Arismendi have also been rotated and both have suffered injuries so their season has been cut short so far. Marcelo Luna has been raring for a game and impressing in the youth side so he might get a few games in the second half of the year and Julio Cross has been fantastic for his age and Bernando Laureiro has been the main outlet of assists having chipped in with a total of 8.

Midfielders_zpsa4d3578f.png

Attackers

Last but certainly not least, the strikeforce. We only play 1 striker, so Juncos has played the majority of games having played 10 and scored 4 goals. Dias mainly gets his appearances off the bench having scored 2 goals. 17 Year old Gonzalo Velazquez has the best ratings of the strikers but normally play on the wing when called upon.

Attackers_zps74e27470.png

Did someone say that the relegation points system goes on 3 seasons worth of points? If so, wouldn't that mean that if you got promoted it would recognise you're points from you're previous season and give you a brilliant chance of survival?

No mate, it goes on 2 seasons. So it would take all the teams in divisions ones previous season plus the current seasons points and add them together and then because I would only have been in the current season and not played the previous it would double our points to determine an average! Make sense?

End of Season Review

We started off the second half of the season in a very positive fashion with 7 goals in 2 games and 2 clean sheets. We only limped over the finishing line, having conceded the title to Sud America with poor form but we still managed a promotion to bounce straight back up. We only won 5 out of 15 in the second half of the season which is a very poor showing for a promoted team but its a promotion nevertheless. At least Joan Juncos scored more goals and hopefully we can resign him next season aswell as Caligari. In the last game with Rocha, I played all the youngsters and that meant a game for defender Melono and he impressed with a goal.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsb61a90bf.png

League Table - 2nd (PROMOTED)

======================

End of Season Finances

Although we caught rid of the big spenders last year and replace with youth, the fact we were only in the second division has affected our finances further. It is only 9k in the red but the new president has just taken out a bank loan!

AtenasdeSanCarlos_BoardroomFinances_zpsf659b360.png

======================

End of Season Awards

AtenasdeSanCarlos_HistoryBestEleven_zps43ca582e.png

Overall Best Eleven

And last of all!

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-14_zpsffc1df8b.png

Sergio Suffo has been formidable this season, scoring 13 goals and 5 assists from the Wing!

Not the prettiest of finishes but a promotion is a promotion!

Going to be another tough season, do you feel like the team is in a better place this time around?

Definately mate, last time around I felt that I just was to gun ho in the transfer market, buying places left right and center to try and piece together a good enough squad. This time around it consists of a core and then the youngsters coming through the ranks!

Off-Season Transfers

After last years disappointing end to the season but promotion nervertheless, we now find ourselves yo-yoing back and forth so hopefully we can stay up this time around. I have decided this time around, to approach the new season a little differently. I have kept all of the squad bar 2 as they have gelled with the 2 youngsters - Melono and Silveira leaving to Cerro on loan to gain some first team football which they won't be getting here. This means that the core of the squad is in place and hopefully with a couple of signings we can stay up.

AtenasdeSanCarlos_TransfersTransferHistory_zps4d239485.png

Now to the 3 players coming in. All 3 players are forwards, the reason being that Joan Juncos wouldn't resign on loan so the only notable striker in the squad is Rodrigo Dias and seeing as we play 2 strikers in our formation it could be a problem. Juan Castro the first to come in is a 23 year old with some good all round attributes including some good mental. Next up is a risk, Gabriel Bello. He has not got the best of scoring power and has failed to score in 8 before signing. Hopefully we can change that but on a relatively low wage it was a low risk scenario. Last is Facundo Rodriquez. Looks to be another solid signing for this league and was recommended by my chief scout.Franco Caligari has also resigned on loan after a really successful season last year.

Juan Castro I Gabriel Bello I Facundo Rodriquez

Archived