'The Masterplan'

iHeadHunta x

Well, What can I say? Other than Football Manager 2014 has been brought and I'm gearing up for what is hopefully a Long Successful save and thread, or a long thread with failed success! Lets hope I 'Don't Look back in Anger' as a great one once said! Now lets get down to the gritty bits:

This could be either a very poor attempt at a career or how I plan it to turn out - A Masterplan. I will start out in a Chosen Continentant (Preferably Asia) and I can't leave that Continent until I have won that specific continental competition. For example, If I was to start out in Europe I would need to win the Champions League before leaving that specific continent. So the overall aim is to win all continental trophies aswell as any additional trophies as I progress. So lets go through all the Competitions I aim to win:

Africa

• CAF Champions League
  • CAF Confederations Cup
  • CAF Super Cup
  • African Cup Of Nations

Asia

• AFC Champions League
  • AFC Confederations Cup
  • AFC Super Cup
  • Asian Cup

Europe

• Uefa Champions League
  • Uefa Europa League
  • Uefa Super Cup
  • European Championships

North America

• CONCACAF Champions League
  • Gold Cup

South America

• Copa Libertadores
  • Copa Sudamericana
  • Copa America

AND THE WORLD CUP!

I will also eventually start to try and win the international trophies, but time will tell!

Lets hope you all enjoy!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Season  | Team                | Country | Continent    | League          | Finish | Cups| Notes                   |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
| 2013/14 | Atenas De San Carlos| Uruguay | South America| Second Division | 4th    | N/A | Lost in Play-Off SF's   |
| 2014/15 | Atenas De San Carlos| Uruguay | South America| Second Division | 2nd    | N/A | Promoted Automatically  |
| 2015/16 | Atenas De San Carlos| Uruguay | South America| First Division  | 15th   | N/A | Relegated Via APS       |
| 2016/17 | Atenas De San Carlos| Uruguay | South America| Second Division | 2nd    | N/A | Promoted Automatically  |
| 2017/18 | Atenas De San Carlos| Uruguay | South America| First Division  | 9th    | N/A | 12th in APS, Survived   |

100px-CA_Atenas_zps0b6353bc.png

The plane has landed and my first destination is unveiled - Uruguay! After having an interview in China failed, I got a second chance with Atenas De San Carlos in the Second Division. The interview went well, with Defending and Set Pieces the talk! The club has had a fairly successful past but recently have been the whipping boys of the league so Defending was high on my agenda. I take over with a good but could be improved squad with some players with big interest on them so an overhaul could be in order and make some money in the process!

atenasatenasdesancarloszr8_zps996139c6.jpg

After becoming manager of my first ever club I knew that I had a big job on my hands to turn around what has been a Medicore team in recent years. All of my top players were being chased and to be honest - I decided to let a few go and improve the finances! We have been predicted to finish in 13th position, but I feel that we can achieve better with a few experienced players. Saying that, their is real potential at this club and definately a good starting team. With also No assistant I have had to get to grips with the squad etc myself so new staff members are a key.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_SquadPlayers_zps12f57843.png

Simon Vanderhoeght (Captain) I Nicholas Lemos I Hernan Petrik

The squad is small so I will need to ensure I make some signings if we want to have a successful season. The finances are ok, not in the red but only just in the black but I am aiming to sell some players including key players to rebuild this side.

Atenas De San Carlos - September 2013!

We got down to the Nitty gritty part of the season, which meant we started are Uruguaying Second Division adventure and to change the fortunes of this misfiring squad. We never really had the easiest opening month, and knowing this I made sure we was strong at the back and soak up pressure and use the counter to our advantage. The game plan was perfect in the opening game, and my career got off to a flyer with a 2-0 victory away from home against Torque. I used a 4-3-3 formation with a defnesive midfielder and the counter attack payed off sooner that expected after just 4 minutes from striker Sergio Suffo. Torque had the majority of possesstion but we caught them out again just before half-time and thats all she said, as we ran out 2nil victors! The second game was a classic to say the least, as we took the lead from a penalty before conceding 2 goals late on. I thought that would be my first defeat but a tweak of the structure playing a more attacking game paid off with Manfru getting his second of the game late on with a close range header. We ended the month with another hope clash which was televised. A couldn't have asked for a better result and performance to impress the nation as we ran out 4-0 winners with 4 different goalscorers including Manfru and Suffo and 2 defenders with outgoing Petrik among the scorers.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zpse33714e5.png

League Table - 1st

Transfers

AtenasdeSanCarlos_TransfersTransferHistory_zpscad36471.png

We made a lot of money from signings out, and replaced these players with the same quality of players but for much less. We made 733k in transfers which is a huge amount of money for a club of this size.

Players IN!

1: Paulo Ortiz - Paulo is a 30 year old Uruguaying player that playes mainly on the left side of midfield. He has a very consistent set of attributes and should help the side quite a bit this year.

2: Christhian Colman - For me this is the best signing. Only at the age of 20 he has some fantastic attributes including some good physical stats and can only improve in the future and is a sure replacement for the outgoing Petrik.

3: Marcos Paulo - The oldest signing at the age of 36 but Marcos has appeared for Brazil aswell as recently playing in the MLS so he has some quality. He is also very versatile so a good backup replacement.

4: Nicholas Medina - 23 Years old attacking midfielder who can provide the side with hopefully a bit of flair and talent!

5: Sebastian Ruiz Diaz - Returns on loan after being sold!

Players OUT!

1: Esteban Garcia - Although a key player and a good future talent, he was after a move to a bigger club and sold for nearly 3 times his value at 140k!

2: Martin Torres - A very very good player but as soon as a bigger club in Turkey came knocking, I couldn't say No for the players sake and we made a very good 12k off him.

3: Nicolas Lemos - Again a fantastic talent, but he can be a player that disrupts a team and we did make a fantastic 150k off him.

4: Sebastian Ruiz Diaz - Leaves the club to return straight on loan. We earned 150k and it gives us till his loan spell finishes to find a suitable replacement.

5: Federico Perez - The big decision transfer. Should I have let him go seeing as he is the clubs top goalscorer but again he wanted a transfer and for 170k a move to Poland was his choice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the Month!

1: Fabian Manfru - My first player of the month had to go to Fabian Manfru not only for scoring 3 goals in 3 goals as Suffo did aswell but for gaining us a point with a header late on against Rampla

I fully expect Penarol to beat everyone, including your team, despite being in different leagues. That's how strong they are.

But on a serious note, good luck for this. An interesting variation on the usual Champions League journeyman challenges. What leagues have you got loaded for South America?

I fully expect Penarol to beat everyone, including your team, despite being in different leagues. That's how strong they are.

But on a serious note, good luck for this. An interesting variation on the usual Champions League journeyman challenges. What leagues have you got loaded for South America?

Their strong as ever, even though they only won the opening stage by a point. Im just looking to build a capable squad of challenging at the moment. I have Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Chile and Uruguay! Nothing from Europe yet as I dont aim to go their for a while yet!

Atenas De San Carlos - October 2013!

A drop down the league table this month, I knew it would be a tough month to keep up the good work from the previous but we started off the month in good fashion even though it took a late strike from Sigales. Suffo continued to keep scoring adding his 4 goal of the season. Second game are bringing down to earth match, our first defea of the season was introduced to us by the division favourites Huracan. We didn't play awful but they was just a standard too good for us. Suffo scored again as a consolation. Last game of this pretty short month, meant we was at Home to Progreso. We really should win these sorts of games but it was a dissapointing performance to end the month with outgoing Diaz scoring the only goal for us. This month was a setback to say the least but their are some big positives such as Suffo scoring some vital goals.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zpsbb1f7cd1.png

League Table - 3rd

Players IN!

1: Patrick - A fantastic addition to the squad, he is 30 years of age and from Brazil! Can play in a number of positions so will be a great addition.

==============================================

Player of the Month

1: Sergio Suffo - As you could probably have guessed, Suffo is the POFTM. Scoring 2 goals in total, it was a hard decision as no player really stood out for me so Suffo got it by default.

Atenas De San Carlos - November 2013!

After a fairly dissapointing October, this month had to be improved by the troops but we had another setback early on, losing 3-0 to Plaza. It was an awful performance by the side and the club philosphie to defend, is failing quite miserably at the moment! The morale had started to take a dent so the 4-2 win against Cerrito came out a crucial time, with all 3 goalscorers getting on the scoresheet. Another fine attacking display was to follow just a week later, scoring 4 goals again - this time Sigales and Manfru aswell as the right back Patrick scoring twice. The attacking side of our game has definately improved in recent months but we still keep conceding goals, having failed to keep a clean sheet in 7. The last game of the month came around and another fine display was shown, this time in defence as we kept a clean sheet and mainly Furukawa scoring his first goal in ages.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsa333cd7e.png

League Table - 2nd

Player of the Month

1: Patrick - Put in some fine attacking displays in recent months from the right side of the defence, including scoring 2 goals. For me he has been a key signing since joining the club on a free.

=====================================================

Players OUT!

1: Leandro Sosa - Wasn't in my first team plans and we managed to get a really good fee for him - 150k!

Atenas De San Carlos - December 2013!

The last 3 games before we had the season break for 2 months came along pretty quickly and it would have been a great help if we could go into the break with the confidence gained from a few victories. It never worked out that way mind with are defence costing us against winning 1 game and losing 2. We did start in a positive fashion mind, winning 2-1 in front of our on fans. We started off a little lucky as they scored and own goal and Manfru won the match in the second half with a fantastic header. We then had top of the league (Not ask me how to spell it ;) ) and we knew it wouldn't be easy but we conceded late on to lose the game 2-1. The last game was crucial, we really wanted a victory to help us over the break but a shocking display in defence and the strikers misfiring meant that we went down to a 3-0 defeat.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-2_zps542cb355.png

League Table - 6th

Atenas De San Carlos - January 2013!

Well and unbeaten month but that doesn't tell the full story. We managed to win 2 drawing the other 3 games in a setback! We should have lost to Rampla but new signing Syzard rescued us late on before a bore draw against Villa Teresa. The turning point of the month came in a 7 goal thriller as we managed to score 8 goals in just 2 games winning 5-2 and drawing 3-3 vs Rocha. We really need to strengthen up at the back as we are leaking far too many goals to go up. We then ended the month getting a bit of revenge as we lost 4-1 last time to Huracan so to beat them this time was fantastic. After signing Luna during the break, he has been on top form so far as he scored 5 goals this month so he has definately been a positive signing.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zps6077dd90.png

League Table - 5th

Player of the Month

Juan Martin Luna

JuanMartiacutenLuna_OverviewAttributes_zps4d30c9e3.png

=======================================

Transfers IN!

Santaigo Lopez I Luciano Dos Santos I Juan Martin Luna I John Syzard I Diogo Rincon

Atenas De San Carlos - March/April 2013!

The season now has started to draw to the play-offs and we needed to put a nice run of victories together to ensure and implement our place in the play-offs. The first game was a quality performance, and a debut to remember for Luna as he bagged a brace in a very convincing team performance as we was 5-1 to late on. He scored another 2 in the next game aswell as a thrilling 3-3 draw. We are a real Jekyl and Hyde team as one week we score 3 and concede 3 and then the next week we beat we struggle to score but manage a 1-0 victory. Another 5-2 performance followed this time Suffo re-inventing his form for earlier in the season as he scored aq hat-trick with Manfru also scoring twice. The only defeat of March and April cam eat the hands of Plaza as we played very poorly losing 3-1. These are the sorts of games we ned to win if we are to get promoted and losing this game makes me believe we just aint consistent enough to win 3 2 Legged ties in the play-offs. 0-0 came the game later in an electrifying match for the national TV. Last of all was another fine attacking display but a poor defensive display as again we conceded 2 goals.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zpsa24fde23.png

League Table - 4th

Player of the Month

SergioSuffo_OverviewAttributes_zpsce048c31.png

Atenas De San Carlos - March/April 2013!

The last few games of the season we upon us, we had already booked are place in the play-offs and we still had a slim chance of automatic. We started off with another 3-3 thriller this time against Central Espanol with defender Colman scoring twice aswell as Sigales continuing his good form to earn us a point. Winning our next game against Boston River meant that the automatic promotion going down to the last game.

If we could manage to beat first place in the last game then we would be promoted automatically but if Torque managed to win and we failed to win then we would have to settle for play-offs.

Unfortunately we went down to a very impressive side 2-0 and Torque did unfortunately win.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule_zpscd584c5b.png

Play-Offs

The first match of the play-offs will put us up against Central again with the first leg being played away from home. We have only managed to pick up a point in 2 visits.

Atenas De San Carlos - Second Division Play-Offs Round 1

We somehow managed to progress through to the semi-finals of the promotion play-offs thanks to 2 pretty dull matches including a defeat and a win. We took the lead just after half time in the first leg which proved crucial as it was in the end - the aggregate winning away goal. We did go on to lose the game 2-1 and that left for a nervy night in front of our home fans and it looked like we was going to fall at the fist hurdle but up popped are japanese youngster Furukawa late on to put us through on away goals.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-2_zps8fe8de79.png

Up Next!

We have Huracan Del Paso in the next game and again, going on previous matches we are huge underdogs having lost 4-1 and winning 1-0 so far this season

Atenas De San Carlos - Second Division Play-Offs Round 1

Well, the second round was the end of are promotion hopes. I knew we could beat them but we would need a huge two performances and although we have a big result in the first leg as we won 1-0 we failed to capitalize with a poor result in the second as we lost 4-1. It has still be a very good season seeing as we was predicted to finish in 13th so to end up 4th and so close to gaining automatic promotion.

ClubAtleacuteticoAtenas_FixturesSchedule-3_zpsf6cb60ef.png

End of Season

Well what can I say, other than that was a very successful year. We ended the season in 4th place, having missed out on automatic promotion on the final day. We had a really good season, with the media and board expecting a struggle.

The few signings we made, and the current squad already implemented was consistent all year and this played a huge part in the success.

UruguayanSecondProfessionalDivision_OverviewStages-2_zps301a2a7b.png

The finances of the club are very solid, although they look to deteriorate in the future. We are 478k in the black!

AtenasdeSanCarlos_BoardroomFinances_zps4e2dfafd.png

The season awards with be shortly!

Start of New Season

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-3_zps6ad618a6.png

RyanDuckett_NewsInbox-2_zps46c83932.png

After a pretty good season last year, the media have predicted us to finish in 6th position. The board have also given us the minimum aim of the play-offs which to me seems a realistic aim, depending on how well new players play and how well the current squad adapts.

The finances of the club are stable but over the coming season will decrease rapidly and this could be a big downfall if we fail to get promotion this season.

We have also kept our current captain, SImon Vanderhoegt!

Transfers IN!

AtenasdeSanCarlos_TransfersTransferHistory-2_zpsfcc1e9f9.png

Oscar Castro - For me the best signing I have made since joning this club, incredibly solid at the back and may prove to be a stepping stone signing in to keeping vital clean sheets.

Rodrigo Alaniz - A risky signing, he will either prove to be a good signing and score a good amount of goals of be very poor. Time will tell!

Danilo - A brazillian versatile midfield maestro who can play a big part in the success this year, if he can play up to his ability.

Santiago Lopez - Although he may be old, looks to be be a very good player. Although he can play striker, I will look to play him in the centre of the midfield.

Archived