'The Masterplan'

iHeadHunta x

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Started well, though it's a shame you've slumped a bit.

Thanks mate, hopefully we can find a bit of consistency.

61 goals in nine games. That's certainly not boring football :D

Must be nearing on a record, shame we can't defend

You've lost 5-6 and 5-7?! Who scores ten goals in two games and gets zero points? Least its entertaining mate!

I know, it's all well and good scoring 5 mind but if you can't defend then what's the use.

Unlucky on the cup loss. Penalties suck.

Thanks mate, hate penalties

Argentinos_zpsc13b7192.png

April 2019

ArgentinosJuniors_FixturesSchedule-4_zps86f45924.png

Well at least this month we conceded a lot less goals and have started to find a bit of form and consistency at the perfect time. We seem to start games in a really positive fashion, scoring most of our goals in the first half, with 7 of our 12 goals this month coming in the first half. The 2-1 victory against Rafaela was a pleasing performance but the 5-0 drumming of San Lorenzo was a particular highlight, with out of form defender Richard Rodriguez scoring twice from headers. The only defeat of the month was a shocking defensive display, conceding 4 goals against Arsenal De Sarandi after taking a 1 goal lead in the first half from another set piece. At least we didn't take the defeat to heart and bounced straight back at the end of the month with another 4 goals including another from Castagno. Are defensive seems to be scoring goals at the moment and when the strikers start scoring more, then we will be a force.

We now sit in a very respectable position in the league table - 5th. This is way above are season expectations, so I am very happy so far with the season.

ArgentinePremierDivision_OverviewStages-4_zps458c7111.png

May 2019

ArgentinosJuniors_FixturesSchedule_zpsaf254a43.png

Well a really disappointing way to end the season, but at least we can put this season behind us now and push on and focus on regaining the statue of this once historic club. It means that their will be some additions to the squad during the break aswell as some players leaving the club. The 5-4 lose to Gimnasia was a thriller but a game we should be winning which dented our confidence alot meaning another poor performance against Boca losing 3-0. The only victory of the month was next, a solid 2-1 win against Lanus, with Federico Vasquez scoring another goal to break the record for most goals in a season for Argentinos. The next 2 games was a real struggle, we was capable of winning but both sides are very attacking minded and with our defence being so poor this season we was against it from the start, losing both games and conceding 8 goals in the process. What is up with these 5-4 defeats! The last game of a successful first year in charge was a 3-3 draw against Colon!

We ended the season in 11th position in the final stage, but this could have been so much better if we had not had such a poor last month. Also another aspect is the calender year table. Boca went on to become champions, beating River Plate. Their is 4 positions in the Scudamerica up for grabs, the winner of the first stage, the final stage, the cup and the calander year table. We ended the season in 8th position in the calender year table so a good first stage next year maybe we can catch River but the chance is slim.

ArgentinePremierDivision_OverviewStages_zpsa1c4f88f.png

Seem to have lost a load of screenshots for the end of season so only seem to have a couple, will post them up but will make sure next year they are all backed up!

----------------------------------------

BestEleven_zps8e933dd2.png

Overall Best Eleven

We had a pretty good season in the end, and looking at the best eleven we can see the particular highlights in the squad was the 24 goals from Federico Vazquez and the 16 assists from Ivan Baldo. As I lost some screenshots, the best eleven is the only clear picture to highlight how the majority of teh squad performed over the season.

ChristophersenAverageratingrecord_zpsbd330d6a.png

Christophersen has a fantastic season on the left side of the midfield, breaking the average rating record aswell as Federico Vazquez's breaking the goals in a season record which is a good sign for the season ahead.

PlayoftheYear_zps24270b77.png

Ignacio Christophersen also got the player of the year!

Pre-Season and Transfers

Well after finishing in 11th place last year, I start my first Pre-Season in charge of the club which gives me some time whilst the squad is away to look at transfers and arrange some friendlies. We only arranged 3 friendly matches but I have a tactic in mind so these matches can determine and be used to learn and play the way I want the tactic to be played. We had arranged friendlies against an old enemy in Nacional from are Atenas days, a team that we played during are first season in my career - Tacuarembo and last of all, we travelled to Brazil to play a Division 2 side in Guarani. The game against Nacional was the first using my new tactic and although we lost 1-0, it seems to be working! We have been getting a lot of injuries at present and this might affect us come the start of the season, losing 5 players to injury including the super star from last year, Vazquez! We put in a professional performance in Brazil, claiming a 3-0 win which is very pleasing ahead of the new year before only winning 4-3 in the last game, with Brian Moyano scoring a hat-trick.

ArgentinosJuniors_FixturesSchedule_zps60ef4614.png

Now onto the important part of the off-season, the transfers! A number of players left the club, including a few of last season's key players but I just felt I need to stamp my part on the club. Dario Bottinelli and Javier Correa were both fantastic last year, but are getting old now and was asking for big wages so I felt I needed to let them go. Cristian Espinoza and Lucas Ontivero both left for small transfer fee's but it freed up some vital wage's and we made really good money on Matias Garcia - 1.5mil. The fans weren't happy but I felt it was time considering the projections of finances.

On the incoming front, we made 7 new signings. Urdin had been agreed before I joined the club and will only be playing in the reserves till he developes in a few years. I agreed the signing of Vadala on a pre-contract from Boca in February and he has been putting in some quality performances in the reserve team since then and I can't wait to test him out. Carranze was brought in as backup in defence and so was Rozzi, with both players capable of pushing their way into contention if they play and develop well. Yamil Asad looks like a really great player, and can play both on the wing and in the center of the midfield. He is a player that looks like he can unlock any defence in the league with through balls and can chip in with a few goals. Lastly was 2 strikers, Peralta and Glaby. Will provide good competition for Federico Vazquez and Brian Moyano and I feel that they can both do a job if any injuries occur.

Argentinos_TransfersTransferHistory_zps25fb6866.png

Squad update

The Goalkeepers

We are a little short this season on the goalkeeper front, but we will settle with just the two with Araujo leaving in the summer. If worst comes to worse and we get any injuries then I will happily bring a goalkeeper up from the youth. German Montoya is still at the club and has been a great servant and even at the age of 37, I feel he can do a fantastic job in the goal. Ortiz is a good backup if he needs to be called upon and can play some part in the cup competitions.

SquadGoalkeeeprs_zps4d14712b.png

The Defenders

We have quite a good set of defenders and have enough players in the squad to rotate if we struggle with injuries and mainly fitness. I will be using a 3 at the back formation but if it doesn't seem to work then I can revert to 4 at the back. Carranza will be used if we use 4 defenders, with Galiana and Rozzi will both be used as backup but Galiana looks to be a really solid player and can push for a starter. Now onto the hard choice of who to play in defence, with Coronel, Palomino, Castagno and Rodriguez all being very good players. Whoever I choose, I feel that we have a good chance this season if the defense can hold strong.

SquadDefenders_zps0609e6f2.png

The Midfielders

The midfield and strikers for me are a very strong part of how we play, and we have one of the best midfields in the league. I like to ensure that my sides have a good couple of holding midfielders, and with Pagella and Jofre in the side we have 2 solid players who can sit infront of the defense as an insurance policy to sweep up loose balls. Ignacio Cristophersen is a fantastic player, who can create chances from anywhere, with Asad and Vadala playing for a place in the attacking midfield role. Asad will start and looks fantastic and I am taking a risk with playing Baldo on the right after he had such a fantastic season last year but we will see how it goes. Peralta will be backup for the strikers.

SquadAttackers_zps89e8b01c.png

The Strikers

With the strikers, we have 4 very solid players including the fantastic servant of this club, Barrera. He won't play as big a role as he has in recent seasons as he was once the leagues top scorer. Glaby is having a bad scoring patch and has failed to score in a while, so hopefully he can turn it around. Now onto Moyano and Vazquez, both are really fantastic and can both have 20+ scoring seasons which would be really good.

SquadMidfielders_zpsa582dfef.png

August and September 2019

AugustandSeptemberresults_zps03951f2c.png

Well that's what you call a start, we have been incredible so far and playing like this I feel we now have a chance of pushing on and trying to achieve the title. We have picked up 8 victories out of our first 10 games drawing twice. We got very lucky in the first game of the season and we really should have started the season with a defeat, getting a penalty in the 94th minute. We went on to the 5 remaining games in August before continuing our fantastic form, winning 3 out of the 4 games in September. The squad really is playing at a top level, with Ignacio Cristophersen leading the league in Most Assists, Brian Moyano has been playing at a top level also. Federico Vazquez got an injury in pre-season and his first game of the year was against Independiente in which he scored, before going on to score a hat-trick in his next game against Belgrano and then another double against River in a really positive victory. We are still conceding goals but at least we aint conceding 3/4 a game like previous.

We sit at the top of the table, 5 points clear of 2nd place who have a game in hand. We have 9 games left in the opening stage and if we can continue this form in the next 9 games then we have a real chanc of winning the title and then qualifying for the Copa Libertadores next season.

AugustandSeptemberTable_zps375e8026.png

In the month of August, I won my first award of my career incredibly in the 6th season due to their being no awards in Uruguay. To get Manager of the Month shows we are doing really well but it is down to some very impressive performances from the squad and none other than Ignacio Cristophersen, who won Player of the Month in August also.

AugustManagerofMonth_zps972f9363.png

AugustPlayerofMonthIgnacio_zps78a7b624.png

In the month of September, I came 3rd in the Manager of the Month which again shows that we are doing a good job. nother one of my players won the Play of the Month this ear which is having a really good effect on the squad.

SeptemberPlayerofMonthMoyano_zpse92285ab.png

September3rdinManagerofMonth_zpsfa3c3923.png

October 2019

Octoberresults_zpsd988ba7e.png

The month of October saw our first defeat of the season aswell as a much needed clean sheet. We started the month continuing our form from the previous 2 with a victory, and although we conceded 5 goals - it shows that we can outscore any opposition. Obviously I would rather have kept a clean sheet with a win but the 3 points is what matters at the moment when we are fighting a tough battle to stay at the top. The next game was our first defeat of the season, going down to a 2-1 defeat to our rivals Newell's after taking the lead early on from an Ignacio Christophersen free-kick. The game against Godoy Cruz was really pleasing for myself and should give the defense some confidence after keeping a much needed clean sheet. We really did struggle in this game but a goal late on from Ivan Baldo gave us the 3 points and it was a much needed victory in our quest for the opening stage title.

We only have a slight lead at the top of the table after losing this month, as we have a 2 point lead over the chasing pack and Boca who are in second.

October_zpse660ef80.png

November 2019

Novemberresults_zpsa645e0fe.png

We took our first major step to winning the title, moving very close to achieving it! We won all 3 games in the month of November, scoring 10 goals in the process with 5 goals. We started the month winning 3-1 at Home, with Federico Vazquez scoring 2 goals to improve on what has already been a brilliant season for the striker. We have been playing incredibly well and at the start of the season we was predicted to finish in 13th position so to finish 1st would be a suprise to many. The next victory game away from home this time as we was trailing 2-1 at half-time before we stepped up our game after my team talk, with Vazquez, Cristophersen and then a Yamil Asad penalty moved us that step closer. I knew the last game of the month was vital, as Boca had to play River so if we could win then maybe we could move further away from 2nd place and we had to do it the hard way again, coming from a goal behind and then Moyano scoring an 87th minute winner.

We still sit top of the table after an unbeaten month, and we have moved 5 points away from 2nd position. Their is only 3 games left, so if we can pick up a win and a draw then we will be champions.

November_zps0597ae87.png

I won Manager of the Month for the second time, after an impressive unbeaten month.

NovemberManagerofMonth_zpsf1978c35.png

December 2019

DecemberLeagueResults_zps9dc30862.png

Well this has to be one of the biggest months of my career, aswell as one of the biggest and importants months this club has had since winning the closing stage back in 2010. The biggest match of our season was up first and we knew if we could avoid defeat we would be close to the title and even better if we could get a win then we were basically champions. We went 2 nil up early on and our fans were already celebrating but we conceded 2 goal sin a poor second half performance and could have even conceded a third but we held on and are edging closer to the title. We then lose 3-2 in the next game but with Boca only drawing we were crowned champions in the first stage for the only ever time, having only won the closing stage twice with the most recent success back in 2010. The final game was a chance to play some unfamiliar faces and it took us till the 84th minute till the breakthrough, Brian Moyano smashing in from the edge of the area.

In the end the league was won in convincing fashion, as we won the league by 6 points. Boca had a shocking month in December which meant that they dropped to 4th position, with Velez coming second and River 3rd.

ArgentinePremierDivision_OverviewStages-2_zpsa5ed4482.png

We had the 5th round of the cup also this month, in which we had Almagro - a second division side. As like every round it was played at a neutral venue and we was expected to win. We was very unconvincing and went down 1-0 early on before Vazquez scored in the 53rd minute. We had to wait till the 90th minute for the winner, the captain stepping up with a fine header for the win.

DecemberCupResults_zps5e54834b.png

Mid-Season Awards 2019

LeagueTeamofYear_zpsa9de88fb.png

Federico Vazquez was the only player from my side to enter the team of the year. It is done on the whole of 2019 not just the first stage therefore we only had one consistent performer, Vazquez! He had a fantastic year and was by far our standout performer, with his goals contributing to our fantastic season.

Ivan Baldo picked up the young player of the year, and he has been improving significantly recently with his top performances. He has fantastic free-kicks and scores mosts of his goals from dead-ball but his main area of his game is his assist play, setting up 17 goals in 29 games.

BaldoYoungPlayerofYear_zpsa9d725ef.png

So after we won the opening stage, we have qualified for the Copa Libertadores! The draw has just been made and we face a very tough group but we are capable of qualifying:

• Santos - The Brazillian outfit is a big club with a big statue and pose real threat to us. They have won this competition 4 times, including as recent as 2018 and also won the Sudamericana in 2014. They were last Brazillian champions back in 2017.
  • Monterrey - We have also been drawn against a strong Monterrey side who are from Mexico. Im not sure how it works, but they seem to be in the North American Champions league aswell as the Libertadores and are 2 times champions of North America. They haven't been the force they once was and have not won the league since 2010.
  • Alianza - People would call this lot the whipping boys and they really should be but we can't take them lightly. They are from Peru and remarkably have been Champions in their respected nation 21 times.

February 2020

We moved into a new decade and this brought the closing stage and the start of the Copa Libertadores. We had 4 league games this month aswell as having the first game in the Copa Libertadores, an extremely tough trip to Brazil to face Santos. After a month break, we returned to a busy fixture schedule with an away trip to San Lorenzo and Federico Vazquez scored a brace, with 3 days later another victory game but we struggled in the second half, as we was 3-0 up but conceded 2 late on. The only other victory of the month was a really positive one, 5-1 away from home is always a fan pleaser but with the season were having, we know were capable of it. We shouldn't be drawing with Belgrano, but after are busy schedule, we can't stay on top of our form all the time.

ArgentinosJuniors_FixturesSchedule-5-Copy_zps89428b86.png

With a trip to Brazil, we had our first game in the Copa Libertadores for a few years and although we lost, it was a solid attacking display but poor defensively. We went 1 nil down before Asad scored on the brink of half-time. We then conceded 3 quick goals before a miracle comeback saw us draw level at 4-4. I would have been chuffed if we managed to come away from Brazil but they scored late on.

ArgentinosJuniors_FixturesSchedule-5_zps8bcd969c.png

March 2020

MarchLeagueResults_zpsee8810e0.png

A very key month in the context of the final stage, we had to play 8 games in all comps this month so the strength in depth in the squad will determine the success we achieve. The league results was a success I would say, as we was unbeaten in the league picking up 3 victories and 2 draws. Another very good positive is the defending this month, as we also picked up 3 clean sheets out of the 5 matches including beating Independiente 2-0 and then Atletico Rafaela 4-0. River are know where near as strong as they was a few years back but every game against River is tough so to be 2 nil down and to gain a draw in the second half is a great result. Brian Moyano scored 2 more goals in the 3-0 victory over Gimnasia before closing out the month with a disappointing draw against Tigre with our goal coming in the first minute.

We sit in 1st place in the final stage, with 6 wins and 3 draws. We are 3 points clear of 2nd place Boca and 4 clear of River in 3rd but they do have a game in hand.

MarchTable_zps1ed2ad7c.png

We had the 6th round of the cup also this month, and it was a game we should have cruised through against a poor Colon side. We really struggled after conceding an early goal, which meant in the second half we left ourself open at the back as we pushed for the equaliser. Luckily enough we scored just after half-time from a corner and went on to win the game in a dramatic 9-8 penalty shoot-out victory to set up a 7th round match against Non-League opposition.

MarchCupResults_zps7952f5f7.png

The long month continues, as we also played in 2 Copa Libertadores matches. We had to play Alianza and Mexican Champions Monterrey this month. The match against Alianza should have been very comfortable and it was really but we shouldn't have conceded 2. We had 5 different scorers including a screamer from Pagella. The game against Monterrey was going to be tough and a win would have put us in a very good position to qualify and we did win, 3-1 the score in Mexico, including a first half brace from Vazquez.

We sit top of the group, but Santos and Monterrey both have 6 points also so it is very close and any of the 3 can qualify.

MarchLibertadoresResults_zpsc80edcda.png

CopaLibertadoresMid-Point_zps6367357e.png

Archived