FM14: GPTG General Advice and Tips - For those wanting Advice when no Official Thread exists

SRL88

Anyone playing as Middlesbrough, who could give an answer on how much money they start with and where the squad needs strengthening? And possibly, who would make good transfer targets?

Started a new save and had a quick look for you. Assuming you was on about budgets, there was £1.4m for transfers and 16k a week spare left for wages with a mid table expectation.

The weakest area of the squad by a distance was up front. Only Lukas Jutkiewicz has striker as his 1st choice role whilst I wouldn't trust Marvin Emnes to score in a brothel. Vellios of Everton is available on a loan deal and he is already 4 star current ability for the Middlesbrough squad so getting him for the season wouldn't be a bad idea.

The lack of cover for left back is also a problem, though a couple of players in the squad can cover in emergency. Tommy Rowe and Rhoys Wiggins are both available for around £800k and rated at 4 star current. Signing either as 1st choice and using George Friend who is 3 stars the rest of the time would solve this area.

Jonathan Woodgate who is in your squad is rated at 4 stars but don't fool for this. He is aged 33, got 7 natural fitness, more likely to be injured than available and I would suggest declines pretty rapidly. He is on less than £4k a week but he has 2 years left on his contract so how you approach this is up to you. Personally I would try to get shot of him because Ben Gibson is talented for a 20 year old at Championship level. Dedryck Boyata (500k) or John Mensah on a free would be good for a 3rd option at CB with Hines as back up 4th choice.

There are also some very talented players in the under 21s and under 18s. Middlesbrough are very good at bringing through good youth players and the future looks promising. Make sure to take a look. Finally, you probably will find better players than I have suggested but I was only taking a quick look to try and help you in the right sort of direction.

Wondering if anyone can help me, what are the good young English players who have great PA but never seem to reach them, players I've found who I'm trying to bring on are players like Ryan Ledson, Dan Crowley and Jamaall Lascelles.

Any others people can think of?

• 2 months later...

Is there a quicker way to find out if a player is a high profile signing ? I thought it might go on a players rep being continental but it doesn't & having to click on a million players just to find someone is quite time consuming .. especially with a little budget

• 4 weeks later...
im needing a "high profile signing" for my team(Linfield) otherwise my butt is out the door very soon.Anyone any suggestions as to who i could get in?

That's a tricky one as it depends on various factors (your Rep, Team's Rep, etc). Does anybody famous turn up when you do a Player Search, making sure that your Assistant is filtering out players that won't fancy it.

Perhaps you might find some African Internationals that might be interested?

That's a tricky one as it depends on various factors (your Rep, Team's Rep, etc). Does anybody famous turn up when you do a Player Search, making sure that your Assistant is filtering out players that won't fancy it.

Perhaps you might find some African Internationals that might be interested?

How can i tell though if a player is a "high profile signing" though.Never been in this situation before.

• 1 month later...

Posted this in your other thread, but in case you don't see that... if you look in the "Links thread" at the top of the page, you'll find all the threads you could possibly want :)

Here is the good staff thread; http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/371541-FM14-Good-Staff

Not sure how up to date it is, but you can give it a browse.

Somebody has to make a Udinese thread, they are really run to play with! I managed to finish 2nd first season, however I am trying to build my Pozzo empire, how do I send a player to Granada/Watford but not on loan? I sent Watford Douglas Santos on loan with Watford however he signed a full contract with them, how do I do that with all my players?

Archived