dafuge's FM14 challenge

Having a go at this with Blyth, currently 3rd in the Skrill Premier in season 2, but have same amount of points as 1 and 2. Don't like my formation right now, and thinking of switching to a more simple 4-4-2 next season, as I'll look to revamp the squad. What formations have people had success with so far? Would appreciate to hear what a few of you who are currently in the higher leagues, used in the lower leagues to take your club to glory!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just secured promotion to League 2 in only my second season, but I'm now very worried. I can't seem to find players (I'm pretty much building an entirely new squad) who are good enough and willing to join my club. How did you guys put together a new team/find new players for your first League 2 season?

Just secured promotion to League 2 in only my second season, but I'm now very worried. I can't seem to find players (I'm pretty much building an entirely new squad) who are good enough and willing to join my club. How did you guys put together a new team/find new players for your first League 2 season?

I was promoted on consecutive seasons, and had no problem signing some great players in League 2. Get to July 1st, then do a player search for the players you want. Search for out of contract players, and make sure you don't tick the tick box for assistant manager to filter out unrealistic targets. Once your club goes pro, it's possible to offer contracts to players even if they don't have much interest in signing for your club, but the assistant manager filters those players out if you tick that tick box.

End of Season Update. Truro. 2016/2017. Skrill South.

League Position - 1st. (PROMOTION FINALLY)

Media Prediction - 19th.

Key Players

Matt Thick

Thick had a sensational season for us this year and won us many games almost on his own. Thick finished the season on 29 goals, 10 assists and an average match rating of 7.25 all in only 43 starts.

James Mitchinson

I can think of many occasions that we won games that we really didn't deserve to because of this man. Brilliant season, the stats do him no justice what so ever.

Reece French

French is 6"8 with 19jumping. At this level he dominated. He scored 10 goals (all from corners) and held the back 4 very well. I think he came 3rd highest on average match rating for players in the Skrill South this season and it was well deserved.

Marvin McKoy

McKoy was Matt Thicks partner in crime this season and started 42 games. The limelight was taken by Thick most of the time but McKoy still finished on a brilliant 21goals, 16assists and an average match rating of 7.12.

Cups

Nothing too special here.

FA Cup

4th qualifying round.

FA Trophy

3rd qualifying round.

Finance

The club are in debt of £275,000. But I think going up the leagues this problem will sort its self out and I will just cope with free-bees and players that come through my youth system. Hey, its got me this far!

Aims for next season.

Firstly, I would like to sign a new contract because I currently have just under 2 months left and when I asked for a new contract they said no...

Secondly, survive the drop, obviously...

Thirdly,

LEWIS PUTMAN

LEWIS PUTMAN

LEWIS PUTMAN

LEWIS PUTMAN

LEWIS PUTMAN

I must have declared my interest in the man 20-30times each season so far (I'd guess) , I'm willing to throw every penny the club has at him but he won't even listen to my contracts. Hopefully promotion changes this but if not he will have to wait another year. We will sign him one day, I can promise you that. Even if he is 40 with 1 pace or if he is a coach. He will accept a contract from me one day.

EDIT- Putman joined Redditch, a team a minimum of two leagues below me, on a contract worth £300 a week. I can offer more and im in a better league but he wont join me? Ridicilous. Not only that, the contract he accepted will go through 1/6/2018. A full year away?! Surly this is a bug?

Year                 League                    Position              Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15           Skrill South                   2nd               Runners Up (Playoff Semi Finals)      
2015/16           Skrill South                   2nd               Runners Up (Playoff Final)
2016/17           Skrill South                   1st                Skrill South Champions

That's you cursed. Have fun in Skrill South next season. :p

After being 12 points clear with only 6 games left, I won the title by 1 point because I won 1, drew 4, and lost 1 of my last 6 games. You were nearly right :p

Time is not on my side these days, are we allowed to use FMC for this?

I've not used FMC so I can't be sure, but I vaguely remember a reason for not using it from previous years.

You can check, but I have a feeling there is something in the rules in the OP that cannot be done on FMC, it might be the custom database to make sure the squads are full.

Can I begin this challenge if I import a team which I have created myself. I did not actually create a totally new club. I edited Wanderers F.C., a London based club. They were the first team that won the FA cup and been terminated a long time ago. I really want to bring them back to glory. If I import them in the league with lowest reputation is that allowed for this challenge?

Greets from Holland

I understand, but it`s not like I`m cheating or something. I will start with the lowest rep team in the league with all the crappy stats for stadium and finances etc, that are those of the lowest teams in skrill south. Would just like to wrap this challenge around these heroes from the past.

Greets from Holland

This is the 9th year of this challenge and we have always stuck to the 'no database editing' rule. Questions like yours have been asked from time to time, but we've always stuck to the original rules of the challenge with regards to this.

Could I suggest you have a look at the Career Updates forum? It's a great alternative to this thread for save games that don't quite fit the criteria of the challenge.

Dulwich Hamlets Season 2021/22 Review - The Championship

After last season's surprise promotion I just wanted to stay up

The Championship - much better then I had hoped. Never really challenged the top 2 but never really much time out of the playoffs (Graph) Had Aston Villa in the playoffs, lost the first leg 1-0 but managed to over turn that in the second leg :D Another team from the midlands was waiting in the final in West Brom. A late goal settled this nervy affair and West Brom were in the promised land not us

League Cup - our best run in it

FA Cup - our usual performance. Why the hell can I never even win a game? :(

Transfers - some cash going out for once, lots left - mainly on loan

Squad - not a great turnover of players, most will also still be here next season

Finances - looking better

Key Players Overview

Daniel Howatson - CB we paid £205k for him from League Two Southend but proved to be money well spent

Callum McGregor - 10 goals from the CM including a couple of vital winners

Paul Parker - what more can I say. 33 league goals this season taking him to an awesome 112 goals in just 184 games in the last 4 seasons.

Luke Llewelyn - Welsh LB that has become a key player.

Simon Archibald - Scottish CB linked up well with Howatson.

Career Overview

Season          League          Position          Achievements 

2014/15         TSS              12th              N/A
2015/16         TSS              1st               Champions
2016/17         TSP              3rd               promotion (via play offs)
2017/18         SL2              20th              N/A
2018/19         SL2              3rd               auto promotion
2019/20         SL1              6th               N/A
2020/21         SL1              5th               Promotion via the play offs
2021/22         SBC              4th               Lost playoff final

160px-Stocksbridge_Park_Steels_F.C._logo.png

Stocksbridge Park Steels

End of Season report (2015-16)

After finishing my first ever season with the Steels last year finishing in an impressive 6th place just missing out on the playoff places I knew it was going to be a tough ask to replicate that again this season. And we was well on our way to missing out on the playoffs again towards the beginning of the season having went with 9 games without a win. However being the unstable team we are in terms of morale this improved and we turned once again into an unstoppable force. Towards the end of the season it seemed we was in a tough playoff scrap once again and it was not decided until the very last day. However this time unlike last season the ball was in our court. If we win we would qualify no matter what AFC Telford, Harrogate or North Ferriby do in their games. Unfortunately we lost the last game to Altrincham 4-2 but lucky for us AFC Telford and North Ferriby lost and Harrogate could only manage a draw meaning we finish 5th with 65 points (4 less than last season.)

Playoff 1st Leg (V Guiseley at home) - I came to this game expecting to be trounced but it was quite the opposite. We managed a comfortable 2-0 win which gives us a big advantage in the second leg at their ground)

Playoff 2nd Leg (V Guiseley away) - We knew we had to hold on and not lose by more than 2 goals. The game went our way at first with a goal from Louis Moss however not long after we conceded due to a really bad mistake by Sam Ashton. We managed to hold on for a 1-1 draw and a 3-1 aggregate win which sets us up against Stockport in the final .

Playoff Final (V Stockport away) - I was very nervous coming into this game as you might quite expect and it was not quite the game you would expect by looking at the scoreline. We was absolutely dominated all the way throughout and restricted us to just 3 shots all game. Despite this we was the luckier side as a Phil Airey own goal seals us the victory and a place in next seasons Conference Premier.

League table (Past Positions)

Transfers

Current Squad

Cups

Nothing much to report in the cups. We got knocked out in the FA cup 2nd qualifying round after losing to Ilkeston 3-0 which was very disappointing to say we got to the 2nd round proper last season. We did improve in the FA Trophy compared to last season as we made it to the second round after beating Ilkeston 2-0, Harrogate 2-1 before losing to Stockport 2-1 to end our cup run.

Aims for Next Season

There is only one aim for next season. Survive, Survive, Survive!

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014-15         Skrill North                6th               Survival and FA cup 2nd round
2015-16         Skrill North                5th               Promoted via Playoffs

How far into yoour game was you, that must be a killer? Can't you just load an old save of that game and save yourself a few years?

I was in the 2016/17 season I think. Had got to League 2, and was half way through the season. I didn't notice it was corrupted, and it'd rolled over all five of my autosaves before I noticed it.

I'd love to know how many people have had a success with this challenge using Truro. It's ridiculous. I am allowed to spend 5k a week on wages, I'm currently spending 1.7k. Still though players who are below the Skrill North/South don't join because I don't have financial backing to support their greedy needs or something even though they are currently on a contract worth £300 a week. Not a single player in my starting 11 would fit into any other Skrill Premier team, or even their reserves. Even though I cant spend any less as manager because we literally have about 20 players, and I am on the lowest contract it would let me take, I have never paid for a player, and I'm spending less than a third of what the board allocate me on wages a month we still make a loss of like 50k a month. I saw someone upload a first season review where they made a profit on something like £200,000 from a mid table finish, are they having a laugh, either I have picked the worst team possible with Truro, or they are cheating and I'd love to know what it is. What can I do? The problem is constantly getting worst and its not my fault (or maybe it is and I'm being incredibly thick).

I'm not expecting to do well this season, as its only my first season in this league so all I have to aim to do is avoid relegation. But even if I do next season is only going to be harder because we have less money and no one wants to join. Lewis Putman joined bloody Redditch, a team who are 3 leagues below me on a contract of £330 a week. That is just a joke.

ps. I do feel like the more I complain and rant about the lack of money, the quicker a Russian 'quadzillion'-air will jet over to the south coast of England and stop by at Truro.

Okay, so I think that I will do this challenge. But I still got one question about it. Is it also strictly against the rules to upload more leagues? Because I always load 8 playable leagues and a lot view only. This do the more realistic feel for myself. I cant really play a game with only the league loaded in which country I`m playing.

Greets from Holland

I'm stuck with my save. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Just got promoted for the second time in a row, so I'm now at League 2 with Blyth, and I'm building an entirely new team. Thing is though... No club will let me loan players off of them (Their reason being they want their players to play with other players of higher quality), and my scouts, who are 15/15 and 16/16 rated as scouts, can only seem to find players who's CA is decent for Skrill N/S and potential for a good Skrill Premier player. I'm stuck in early July trying to assemble a squad good enough for survival, but I'm struggling big time. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them very much. My wage budget is £14K.

iuSrTJs.png

Grays Athletic - Barclays Premier League - 2033/34 - Ninth

A stupid season where we couldn't win the easy games. Fixture congestion really screwed us, but was to be expected. Squad depth is the only real way to fix this.

I NEED A NEW STADIUM

League Table

Games

Finances - Quite stagnant now. We did better due to Euros, but stadium is really holding us back

Community Shield - Another stupid ping pong game

FA Cup - We did pretty poorly. CH Stoke took us to a replay and Arsenal had their revenge. We should have done better after winning it last year.

Capital One Cup - Haha such a wierd run. Leaked goals in a wierd game against Ipswich. We were down 4-5 in extra time, but scored twice in injury time in ET. We somehow got by until the Semi final where we dominated Chelsea in the first leg but could only score two. The second leg wasn't much better.

The final was insane. We went down early by two and had an absolutley atrocious first half. I think we had something like 1 shot. Come the second half, an amazing chip shot over the keeper in the 60th got our hearts back in the game and then an Arsenal red card in the 70th had the fans on their feet. Canales leveled it in the 81st after capitalising on a keeper mistake and he netted a pinball goal in extra time. Fantastic game. Felt bad for Arsenal, but they smashed us in the league right afterwards.

Europa League - Group Stage

We really struggled due to the fixture congestion. However, so did the rest of our group and a late winner against OM took us to the top.

First knockout round saw us travel to Russia for the first time and a poor first game was overturned by a nice home win, taking the game on away goals.

Second knockout saw away goals come back to haunt us with a good home win, but we played really poorly in Italy.

Squad -We have a developing squad, but are still leaking goals. Huge holes in our defence, but I actually think our players are ok. We'll see.

Key Player Profiles

Enrico Pettinari - Decent season, scoring 22 in 43(3). Still wastes so many scoring chances though.

Luis Garcia - Another great season. I don't think he is going to be getting any better though which is frustrating.

Player of the Season

Eduardo Canales - 25 goals in 44 (9) games is a pretty good return for a team which we spread our goals around. I like this kid

Youth Players

Dom Houghton - Trying to get rid of his rubbish personality. His stats are pretty stagnant

Bram Artoumian - I spent 13mil on this kid. Crazy I know, but he is going to be amazing. He developed a lot this season after getting some gametime

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9104610&viewfull=1#post9104610"]2014/15[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9116552&viewfull=1#post9116552"]2015/16[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9128581&viewfull=1#post9128581"]2016/17[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9156295&viewfull=1#post9156295"]2017/18[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th                        FA Trophy Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9172908&viewfull=1#post9172908"]2018/19[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     18th                        FA Trophy Semi-Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9196746&viewfull=1#post9196746"]2019/20[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     19th                                    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9213236&viewfull=1#post9213236"]2020/21[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier      5th                         Promoted!/FA Trophy Win
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9220113&viewfull=1#post9220113"]2021/22[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   22nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9230480&viewfull=1#post9230480"]2022/23[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   15th  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9240272&viewfull=1#post9240272"]2023/24[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2    4th                    Promoted via Playoffs  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9244958&viewfull=1#post9244958"]2024/25[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    7th                    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9252661&viewfull=1#post9252661"]2025/26[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    15th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9265885&viewfull=1#post9265885"]2026/27[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    3rd                    Promoted/Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9281615&viewfull=1#post9281615"]2027/28[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 17th 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9307671&viewfull=1#post9307671"]2028/29[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 6th                 Playoff Final Loss
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9313364&viewfull=1#post9313364"]2029/30[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 4th                 Playoff Final Win/Promoted
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9325046&viewfull=1#post9325046"]2030/31[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League      13th                 Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9334990&viewfull=1#post9334990"]2031/32[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League      13th       
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9343032&viewfull=1#post9343032"]2032/33[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League       5th                  FA Cup Win  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9357265&viewfull=1#post9357265"]2033/34[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League       9th                  League Cup Win  

Next Season

*sigh* Stadium

Push in the Euros again

Consistancy in the league

Facility News

Still waiting on the stadium

Training and youth building again for 5.5mil

Youth Catagory upgrade as well

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Man Utd :( Arsenal, Southampton, Newcastle, Chelsea, Man City, Swansea, Brighton, Grays, Blackpool

Championship - Derby, Liverpool, Everton

FA Cup - Man Utd

Capital One Cup - Grays

Champions League - Man Utd

Euro - Valencia

Hyundai A-League - Sydney/Sydney

I'm stuck with my save. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Just got promoted for the second time in a row, so I'm now at League 2 with Blyth, and I'm building an entirely new team. Thing is though... No club will let me loan players off of them (Their reason being they want their players to play with other players of higher quality), and my scouts, who are 15/15 and 16/16 rated as scouts, can only seem to find players who's CA is decent for Skrill N/S and potential for a good Skrill Premier player. I'm stuck in early July trying to assemble a squad good enough for survival, but I'm struggling big time. If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them very much. My wage budget is £14K.

It's going to be a long hard season, the best you can hope for is that there are 2 teams in the league worse than you and you can escape relegation that way. Otherwise I'd try and pack the midfield and hope you don't concede too many and maybe pull out a few shock results. The only upside is there are only 2 relegation places.

Given up on the Blyth save. Perhaps for good even. Only players that wanted to join my League 2 side were players who were rated OK Skrill N/S players, and they wanted £650-£1000 a week on their contracts, something completely ridiculous with my wage budget of £9k (Wrote £14k before, turns out I used a wrong currency conversion without noticing it, so I didn't convert to £). I've spent the last 4 nights (10-12 hours) of FM just looking for players to build my squad with, but found 2-3 players at most. I came close to even give myself a decent squad with the In-Game editor (Yea, I was that frustrated with this game) but I decided that was NOT an option.

If anyone has some golden advice, feel free to share, as I would have loved to take Blyth to glory, but I'm not capable of that alone with my FM knowledge.

Given up on the Blyth save. Perhaps for good even. Only players that wanted to join my League 2 side were players who were rated OK Skrill N/S players, and they wanted £650-£1000 a week on their contracts, something completely ridiculous with my wage budget of £9k (Wrote £14k before, turns out I used a wrong currency conversion without noticing it, so I didn't convert to £). I've spent the last 4 nights (10-12 hours) of FM just looking for players to build my squad with, but found 2-3 players at most. I came close to even give myself a decent squad with the In-Game editor (Yea, I was that frustrated with this game) but I decided that was NOT an option.

If anyone has some golden advice, feel free to share, as I would have loved to take Blyth to glory, but I'm not capable of that alone with my FM knowledge.

Your club has been promoted back to back three times in a row, you're now a little club playing in a big league. Its to be expected that players don't want to join you. Why would they when there are established league 2 teams looking for the same players, or even established Skrill Premier league teams? Struggle your way through a season and it will be easier next season and if your team is that far behind maybe its best to get relegated so you can upgrade your team to a standard it should be at.

Your club has been promoted back to back three times in a row, you're now a little club playing in a big league. Its to be expected that players don't want to join you. Why would they when there are established league 2 teams looking for the same players, or even established Skrill Premier league teams? Struggle your way through a season and it will be easier next season and if your team is that far behind maybe its best to get relegated so you can upgrade your team to a standard it should be at.

Thing is though, I can't even get a squad if these half decent Skrill N/S keep demanding such huge wages compared to my budget, just because they see I'm in League 2.

Thing is though, I can't even get a squad if these half decent Skrill N/S keep demanding such huge wages compared to my budget, just because they see I'm in League 2.

Buy people who might not be as good but want less, take the relegation and try again next season. You never know you might stay up even with a bunch of players who are awful.

Buy people who might not be as good but want less, take the relegation and try again next season. You never know you might stay up even with a bunch of players who are awful.

This or loans are normally life savers, would imagine you can get 2/3 great loans in, even if they don't come well star rated. I have a young winger on loan from Mansfield who has 5 silver stars rating and he has 2 goals and 2 assists from 8 games in the league, one POM and an average rating of 6.91.

Are you using your staff to suggest loans, or are you looking at your scout reports for loan-listed players? Staff should find some loanees for you that will help you fill out your team.

After so many bad matches,wrong tactics and lots of injuries at the end of the season i get relegated with Canvey Island.At the end of the season i found the right tactic but the injuries stopped me to avoid relegation.I retired and took control of the newly promoted Gainsborough.Hope this time i will do better.

Are you using your staff to suggest loans, or are you looking at your scout reports for loan-listed players? Staff should find some loanees for you that will help you fill out your team.

I've found that loans are not an option, as they all either have no interest in my club, or their club doesn't even allow me to try to loan them, as the clubs believe that their player is too good to play with my players, even though several of my targets have happily joined Skrill N/S or Skrill Premier clubs on loan, which makes me even more angry

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

I haven't post in ages but I am still playing

I took 3 years to get out of Skrill Premier and 4 years to get out of Sky Bet League 2

Last night I finished 4th in my first season in Sky Bet League 1 and drew Walsall (local rivals to Rushall) in the Play Offs Semi Finals

After drawing the first leg 1-1 away, I drew the second leg 1-1 after 120 minutes, then in the 121st minute I scored the winner. Cue crazy scenes in first pumps..........

I am now in Sky Bet Championship. I am having some stadium improvements, an extra 2,500 seats if I remember correctly. So I am sharing stadiums with Walsall (ha ha) for the first half of the season

Olympic Rushall

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        TSN        4th         QUAL
2015-16        TSN        7th         QUAL
2016-17        TSN        6th         QUAL
2017-18        TSN       16th         QUAL
2018-19        TSN       15th         1st
2019-20        TSN       11th         QUAL
2020-21        TSN       11th         QUAL
2021-22        TSN        8th         1st
2022-23        TSN       15th         1st
2023-24        TSN        3rd         1st
2024-25        TSN        2nd         QUAL
2025-26        TSN        9th         QUAL
2026-27        TSN        2nd         1st
2027-28        TSN        3rd         QUAL
2028-29        TSN        1st         1st
2029-30        TSP       13th         2nd
2031-32        TSP        2nd         1st
2032-33        TSP        1st         2nd         
2033-34        SB2       22nd         1st         1st
2034-35        SB2       10th         3rd         1st
2035-36        SB2        6th         4th         2nd
2036-37        SB2        2nd         3rd         2nd
2037-38        SB1        4th         3rd         3rd

Jimbokav, got some advice from someone who regularly ignores his own scouts. First up, make or find a good tactic. If it's one which your current players fit into, that's a bonus. Now, ignore star ratings and such when player searching. Search for players with a few key attributes for the positions you need, regardless of whether the scouts say they'll be good for League 2, Skrill Premier, or Skrill North/South. In my Maidstone save I have Matthew Reece playing up front, and he's been a first team striker in Skrill Premier and League 2. He scores loads, and he's Skrill North/South rated by my scouts. He scores load though, because he has a few good key attributes. I have other players in my League 2 squad who are Skrill Premier and Skrill North/South quality according to my scouts, but Reece was the first that came to mind. My last bit of advice is to sign young players (16-17 year old's) who look like they'll be good in a year or two. Bring in youngsters with Fairly Ambitious, Ambitious, or Very Ambitious personalities, and do all you can to keep their morale high while playing them whenever the chance to do so arises. Even if your scouts say they're "regional league" quality, as long as they look like they'll improve and have the right personality, they're worth signing.

160px-Rushallolympicfc.png

I haven't post in ages but I am still playing

I took 3 years to get out of Skrill Premier and 4 years to get out of Sky Bet League 2

Last night I finished 4th in my first season in Sky Bet League 1 and drew Walsall (local rivals to Rushall) in the Play Offs Semi Finals

After drawing the first leg 1-1 away, I drew the second leg 1-1 after 120 minutes, then in the 121st minute I scored the winner. Cue crazy scenes in first pumps..........

I am now in Sky Bet Championship. I am having some stadium improvements, an extra 2,500 seats if I remember correctly. So I am sharing stadiums with Walsall (ha ha) for the first half of the season

Olympic Rushall

Season        League      POS        FA CUP     LGE CUP     EUROPA       CL

2014-15        TSN        4th         QUAL
2015-16        TSN        7th         QUAL
2016-17        TSN        6th         QUAL
2017-18        TSN       16th         QUAL
2018-19        TSN       15th         1st
2019-20        TSN       11th         QUAL
2020-21        TSN       11th         QUAL
2021-22        TSN        8th         1st
2022-23        TSN       15th         1st
2023-24        TSN        3rd         1st
2024-25        TSN        2nd         QUAL
2025-26        TSN        9th         QUAL
2026-27        TSN        2nd         1st
2027-28        TSN        3rd         QUAL
2028-29        TSN        1st         1st
2029-30        TSP       13th         2nd
2031-32        TSP        2nd         1st
2032-33        TSP        1st         2nd         
2033-34        SB2       22nd         1st         1st
2034-35        SB2       10th         3rd         1st
2035-36        SB2        6th         4th         2nd
2036-37        SB2        2nd         3rd         2nd
2037-38        SB1        4th         3rd         3rd

You're doing great Padders! Well done getting out of League 1 in one season. Fingers crossed you can stay up, or even push for promotion to Premier League. Oh, and lol at the ground share with your local rivals! :p

Maidstone United 2018/2019 Season review (second season)

0pkAs0N.png

League Table

I targeted promotion from the Skrill South this year and my team happily obliged. Got very worried in March time as we had a few bad results and looked like falling out of the playoffs for the first time since x-mas but we held on and managed to thrash Ebbsfleet 5-1 in the Playoff semis and Chelmsford 4-1 in the Final.

Cups

No screenshot for this but we were competitive in both the FA cup and trophy this year;

In the FA cup we made it to the first round where we were slapped 4-1 by Exeter at home (who not only made the league two playoffs but also went on a run the the 5th round to get a glamour tie away to City), this was one round better than expectations.

In the FA Trophy we made the second round where we lost 3-0 at a replay to Chelmsford, again a round further than expected.

Club news

After almost two years of bi-weekly failed take over bids we finally got new owners! Although as of yet, things are exactly the same bar a swapping MK Dons for Barnsley as our Parent team, losing us £21k a year in fees and friendly money as Barnsley wont play us.

Another Stadium upgrade of 1000 seats taking us to ~4500 cap, rather annoying as after playing all but 3 home games last year on a torn up shared pitch I was most pleased to get back home to the pitch Gus Poyet is quoted to have called "Perfection" (its the only FIFA two star awarded 3G pitch in the UK) but now I am back down the road for 7 months.

What can I say about this guy?!Signed for a pittance and one of the best strikers I have ever had in FM for goal return, still have plenty of years left on him too at 25.

Goals from Last season

• Promotion! (Yes)
  • Continue financial growth (Yes, £43,000 profit even after new stadium upgrades)
  • Build a backbone for my team (Yes)

Goals for this season

• Consolidate to a mid-table finish
  • Be more competitive in cups
  • Look to upgrade youth facilities if poss

[size=1]Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017-2018         Maidstone United           England                Skrill South              9th                          -
2018-2019         Maidstone United           England                Skrill South              4th                         Playoff Winners!

[/size]

PooleTownFC.png

Poole Town - Sky Bet Championship - 2021/22

I have been lazy with my updates. Last time i posted I just won promotion to League two, now I'm beginning my third season in the Championship. Really been enjoying the game, and forgot everything about this post in the meantime

Also I can see a lot of people only spent one season in League One, I managed to do the same, but getting the last strech towards the Premier League seems hard. Buying eastern European players has helped me though.

Career Overview

Season          League                      League Finish     Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         Skrill South                4th              Promotion via play-off
2015/16         Skrill Premier              20th             FA Trophy winner
2016/17         Skrill Premier              1st              Promotion
2017/18         League Two               20th            Stayed up
2018/19         League Two               1st              Promotion and Johnstone's throphy winner
2019/20         League One               1st              Promotion
2020/21         Championship             15th
2021/22         Championship             7th

iuSrTJs.png

Grays Athletic - Barclays Premier League - 2034/35 - Fourth

Something about this game means that I have really poor starts to seasons and just monster home every year. Not sure why.

It was the case again this season where we were sitting in the bottom half until about Xmas. There was a huge congestion for 4th to 12th place with only 3-4 points in it usually. Newcastle, Man U and Spurs had the lead over everyone all season.

A win for us over Nottm Forest and Man City with only a few weeks left in the season did us really well and gave us a barrier which meant our last two performances, netting us only 2 points, didn't matter.

After taking the squad through a pretty easy Europa Campaign, Man City had their revenge on us in the final, however we had done brilliantly to get there in the first place.

The next day however, the real news came through informing us that a new stadium was being built!

Named after one of the clubs legends, Garmey Park will house 25625 punters and is a huge weight off my shoulders.

Overall it was a good season, but consistency issues still plague us. I think we are good enough to be a top 4 contender every season, however we might just need depth or that quality of player which I am at the moment lacking.

League Table

Games

Finances - The stadium capacity was limiting us pretty badly and our finances were stagnant. The 20mil from 4th place and our Europa cup run kept our head above water however. From now on we will be paying 200k/month in loan repayments however. This will hurt until we can move into the new stadium.

FA Cup - Unlike previous years, where we would battle against poor sides, this year we did well. Until that is we met the rampaging Newcastle. They have a damn good side. We did well however, with youngster Houghton bagging a brace.

Capital One Cup - Backing up last years win was always going to be hard. We did well until the qtr final where we had another stupid game against Brentford. 3-3 at full time, we scored twice in ET to take the game 5-3. Our defence doesn't show up sometimes I swear.

Europa League - Group Stage

We knocked over Hearts and our Russian feeder club Lokomotiv Moscow on our way to the Group Stage. Once there, we rolled into an easy group this season. Napoli were the only real challengers, but we rolled over them easily twice. FC Red Bull Salzburg and Bulgarian side Levski were no hassle as we won every game in the groups.

Czech side Mlada Boleslav were up first in the First knockout. They were however, rubbish and after taking the win away we parked the bus and a 0-0 draw took us to face.....

Sevilla. Our first trip to Spain and again we walked away the winners with a 3-1 win. A 0-1 loss in the home fixture was annoying with the team playing terrible football, however we still came through.

Our first Turkish trip was to play Fenerbahce. They didn't put up much of a fight and after winning 2-0 away, we drew the home fixture 2-2 to advance.

Another first with the club going to Germany. We played Leverkusen in the Semi Finals and dominated them. Their keeper actually took the award for the most clean sheets in the comp, however he got injured a few weeks before our game and we thrashed them. 2-0 in the away leg then 4-1 at home. The home win should have been higher, but my boys went to sleep in the second half and gave them a goal.

The final against Man City was disappointing. We didn't create any chances and after going down early, we couldn't build on anything. The disappointing thing was that they didn't play super well, we were just flat all game.

A great run from the boys anyway and a good learning experience.

Squad -Same as every year. We score with ease, but leak goals like its going out of style. I have adopted a defensive tactic into the rotation to play against high scoring teams. Lets see if that makes much difference. I think next year will be the make or break season for Edith as well.

Key Player Profiles

Juan Ignacio Galindo - Signed as backup for our defence, this kid has been a wonder. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

Nicholas Brambilla - I love this kid. I frantically went searching for a left winger last season after losing our quality RW Iglasias and have only one LQ Palacious who was getting older. Brambilla came on a free from Atalanta and has been amazing. His crossing means he gets an amazing amount of assists and even better is that he still has room to grow. Will be one to watch, even if he had a whine about wanting to move to a bigger club.

Player of the Season

Luis Garcia - Brilliant season even if our defensive numbers didn't show it. He is consistant and everything I could have wanted.

Youth Players

Dom Houghton - After tutoring, his personality has changed from unambitious to professional which has done wonders for his development. However, it hasn't had long to change much so it will take time to see if he can become world class like his potential says he can.

Bram Artoumian - After becoming a first squad player, he has really started to develop. He is still young though and if I find someone better than him, A loan may serve him well.

Career Overview

Season       Team                       Country                  League                 League Finish             Achievements

[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9104610&viewfull=1#post9104610"]2014/15[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South       18th                 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9116552&viewfull=1#post9116552"]2015/16[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill South        2nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9128581&viewfull=1#post9128581"]2016/17[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9156295&viewfull=1#post9156295"]2017/18[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     20th                        FA Trophy Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9172908&viewfull=1#post9172908"]2018/19[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     18th                        FA Trophy Semi-Finalist
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9196746&viewfull=1#post9196746"]2019/20[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier     19th                                    
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9213236&viewfull=1#post9213236"]2020/21[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Skrill Premier      5th                         Promoted!/FA Trophy Win
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9220113&viewfull=1#post9220113"]2021/22[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   22nd 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9230480&viewfull=1#post9230480"]2022/23[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2   15th  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9240272&viewfull=1#post9240272"]2023/24[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 2    4th                    Promoted via Playoffs  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9244958&viewfull=1#post9244958"]2024/25[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    7th                    Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9252661&viewfull=1#post9252661"]2025/26[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    15th
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9265885&viewfull=1#post9265885"]2026/27[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet League 1    3rd                    Promoted/Johnstone's Paint Trophy Winners
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9281615&viewfull=1#post9281615"]2027/28[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 17th 
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9307671&viewfull=1#post9307671"]2028/29[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 6th                 Playoff Final Loss
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9313364&viewfull=1#post9313364"]2029/30[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Sky Bet Championship 4th                 Playoff Final Win/Promoted
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9325046&viewfull=1#post9325046"]2030/31[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League      13th                 Survival
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9334990&viewfull=1#post9334990"]2031/32[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League      13th       
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9343032&viewfull=1#post9343032"]2032/33[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League       5th                  FA Cup Win  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9357265&viewfull=1#post9357265"]2033/34[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League       9th                  League Cup Win  
[url="http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364936-50-Shades-of-Seattle-Grace?p=9362557&viewfull=1#post9362557"]2034/35[/url]       Grays Athletic               England                Barclays Premier League       4th                  Europa League Final/CL Qualification/New stadium announced.

Next Season

Do well in the Champions League

Push for another top 4 spot

See if we can take another trophy

Build the squad and sign a world class player if possible

Facility News

Wait for Garmey Park!

Currently upgrading youth and training facilities as well which I think will take them to max

Will then see if I can get youth recruitment and catagory higher.

Major Competition Winners

English Premier League - Newcastle, Man Utd, Tottenham, Grays, Man City, Swansea, Nottm Forest, Chelsea, Brighton, Arsenal

Championship - Ipswich, Bournemouth, Bristol Rovers!! WTF!? [Norwich lost in playoff final to Bristol]

FA Cup - Arsenal

Capital One Cup - Chelsea

Champions League - Man Utd

Euro - Valencia

Hyundai A-League - Sydney/Sydney

I'm in the FA Trophy final against Luton. The match has just started, and I reckon we have a good chance of winning it.

Edit: Good start. 34 minutes in, and we're 1-0 up from a Greg Daniels goal. Damn, 1-1 51 minutes in. 2-1 up in extra time! WE WON! WOOP WOOP!

I'm in the FA Trophy final against Luton. The match has just started, and I reckon we have a good chance of winning it.

Edit: Good start. 34 minutes in, and we're 1-0 up from a Greg Daniels goal. Damn, 1-1 51 minutes in. 2-1 up in extra time! WE WON! WOOP WOOP!

congrats!

congrats!

Thanks. I thought it was going to go to penalties (Which I hate), but we managed to score in the 105th minute! Finances are ridiculously good right now due to this cup win, and an FA Cup run which took us into the 4th round where we played Tottenham. I'm a bit worried we'll have to go through the play-offs, as we're sitting 2nd with six games to go and seven points between us and 1st place.

Edit: We just beat top team Lowestoft 4-2, and are now seven points behind with four left to play. It's not impossible, but we've got to hope Lowestoft lose a couple more and we win all ours.

Archived