better Regen improvment

Does the Game need better REGENS  

180 members have voted

1. 1. Does the Game need better REGENS

• Yes the game needs better regens for improvment
    • It's fine how it is, no improvment needed
    • Undesided

Physically weak? As in a low strength attribute? What? I don't have a player in my squad below 12 and more than 9 over 17 and they are all damn good for the other physical attributes.

One thing I found is that around 2017 odd there was a sudden rush of high quality regens and they've just kept coming.

Then there is this kid:

In truth the only have a couple of issues with the regens, there aren't enough top quality players that develope young, poor penalty taking and something else that escapes me right now.

Look at his pace, stamina, natural fitness and balance. All very low. We aren't talking about there being no strong players or for that matter, fast players. I've got a few players who have 16 + 16 + for acc and pace but their other attributes are poor.

I've got a few players who have 16 + 16 + for acc and pace but their other attributes are poor.

The main point is that there doesn't appear to be enough all round athletes in the game, it's as if the game makes a decision on whether the player will be strong or fast, but the player is rarely both. I've seen the same thing with defenders, they can have great jumping or great heading, but both are rarely over 15 on one player.

Regens definitely need some improvement from my experiences so far. Most particularly regens coming through at user-managed clubs. I don't expect a bunch of world class regens at my club, but I do expect to at least have the odd player who I might consider throwing into my first team after a couple of years, but I haven't had any yet - and I'm not talking about the top level. Quite a few clubs in Scotland in real life produce some good players through their youth systems - not world class players, but players who can develop into a level of ability where they can do a job for a non Old Firm SPL club or even become one of those poor deluded souls who leaves a lesser SPL club to go and play for Celtic or Rangers reserves. I haven't seen any of those that I could seriously consider using in my teams yet :(

Also I do love the way you added an "Undecided" option to the poll - I can't quite see why anyone would be that interested to bother replying to the poll if they are undecided on what is a fairly fundamental game issue, but clearly 6 people (so far) were!

Glamdring:

I'm playing in Scotland in my 2029 Albion Rovers save and my academy has produced several team players through the years.

This season I have a more than decent DMC backup, two strikers who are on the verge of breaking into the first team (loaned out), one left winger who will be loaned out for about 2 seasons to get that final push and three keepers who're almost there as well (all loaned as well).

Of course they all squad players at best (except the DMC and one of the strikers on whom I hold high hopes), but user managed academies sure have the ability to produce players able to hold 1st team spots.

That is 20 years worth of play though. I'd expect more than that to be honest with you from 20 years. I don't expect every Scottish club to have the level of youth success that Hibernian have had, but plenty of SPL clubs (I assume even more so lower down, but I don't really have chance to follow the lower Scottish leagues so closely) have a good number of players who have come through their youth team in recent years. Move forward 20 years and I would hope all those clubs would have had quite a lot of first team players of some quality or other come through in that time.

More than this?

Could you please elaborate? What would you want? Me to have a full academy 1st XI?

The plain truth is I haven't gone this way as I always find a better prospect laying around available for little (300k to 1.2m) money.

That being said, I've promised myself I'll try and stick by my academy products now that we seem to have started producing decent prospects.

x42bn6, if they are the best physically then I think its still a problem. I have players with 13/14, a couple higher, a couple lower but you never get the beasts, like you said. I really hope and expect it to be better in 09.

I've seen ones that are better physically, but I suspect these players have sacrificed physical attributes for technical ones.

I've seen ones that are better physically, but I suspect these players have sacrificed physical attributes for technical ones.

Can you show us them? If you trained them yourself?

I ask because we are mostly talking about the physical side of regens, not the technical. I have plenty of world class regens with great stats everywhere apart from physical and set pieces. The game creates lots of talent.

Can you show us them? If you trained them yourself?

I ask because we are mostly talking about the physical side of regens, not the technical. I have plenty of world class regens with great stats everywhere apart from physical and set pieces. The game creates lots of talent.

benotmoreauprofilemf8.jpg

He should be able to gain 1-2 points extra in the physical department in a couple of years, as is the experience I've had, which would give him pretty good physical attributes as long as he doesn't play centre-back. His main problem seems to be the opposite of my other newgens - lack of physical attributes.

Thanks x42bn6 but they aren't really all that great IMO. Even if he gains, say three - they'd be decent but not anywhere near what you can get in the starting db.

Er, if he gains 3 in every department, he becomes a monster.

I'll be satisfied with 2 in each department. I don't expect Essiens much of the time.

Er, if he gains 3 in every department, he becomes a monster.

I'll be satisfied with 2 in each department. I don't expect Essiens much of the time.

I wouldn't say monster and, if he is the best then thats poor IMO. Add that to the probability of him getting 2/3 in each and he probably won't be that great. My point is that there isn't any future Essiens.

Archived