Hitting the woodwork

At least you are getting plenty of attempts, especially if they are good quality chances. I wouldn't worry about it for the short term. The only thing I would look at if I'm hitting the woodwork but still not scoring is slowing the tempo and changing the team's creativity to less disciplined. That usually means I get fewer chances but the ones I DO get are much better quality

Is it really every match or an exaggeration? If it's true, then upload your save in the bugs forum for them to have a look at.

Do you recommend anywhere I can upload it to?

cheers.

SI feel this is not problematic or worth fixing, their approach to this problem has been similar to the approach to FM13... Hitting the woodwork 3-4 times per game is apparently not unusual. About three months ago I submitted this bug along with several others, after pressing for an answer it became clear they weren't going to fix it and were just moving on to FM14, guess cut and run is their new policy.

3 or 4 woodwork strikes per game? I call BS on those claims.

Even as a very attacking side that regularly produces 20+ efforts at goal my team very rarely has 3+ woodwork strikes in a single match, that's not to say it doesn't happen because it does but after checking my own season stats over 3 seasons there was nothing unusual to report.

Do you recommend anywhere I can upload it to?

cheers.

Details on where to upload your save file are give in the bugs forum.

I do often find my team hits the woodwork on average at least once per game in a current network game I'm playing with a mate. I'm more inclined to believe that due to the fact in most games my team (Real Madrid) are generating 20+ shots on goal a game, then a fair proportion are your hit & hopes. Not all of them can be blocked, parried, missed or on target so but I'll go back through my last 10 games in the network game and put up the stats (only of my own team, ignoring AI stats).

RM vs Porto (5-1)
- 20 Shots | 8 on Target | 1 Woodwork

RM vs Malaga (3-0)
- 29 Shots | 14 on Target | 3 Woodwork

Osasuna vs RM (1-3)
- 19 Shots | 9 on Target | 0 Woodwork

Granada vs RM (3-3)
- 23 Shots | 9 on Target | 2 Woodwork

RM vs Getafe (4-1)
- 26 Shots | 14 on Target | 1 Woodwork

Porto vs RM (2-2)
- 12 Shots | 5 on target | 0 Woodwork

RM vs Las Palmas (5-0)
- 25 Shots | 11 on Target | 0 Woodwork

RM vs Real Sociedad (6-1)
- 30 Shots | 11 on Target | 3 Woodwork

Sevilla vs RM (2-3)
- 17 Shots | 6 on Target | 1 Woodwork

Zaragoza vs RM (0-2) 
- 15 Shots | 6 on Target | 1 Woodwork

RM vs Barcelona (2-0 * Friend managing Barca)
- 7 Shots | 3 on Target | 0 Woodwork

I believe that shows 12 in 11 games? Or 10 I didn't pay that much attention to how many I actually put up in the end lol.

The two games where I hit the woodwork 3 times I had 29 and 30 shots respectively. Against Sociedad in a 6-1 win there were only 2 clear cut chances, and against Malaga in a 3-0 win only 1 CCC.

Here's the shots from the malaga game, the top is the two hitting the post (the match stats do say 3, but the analysis suggests otherwise?), the bottom, everything.

RMvsMal.jpg

What really worries me is that this time next year people will be moaning about this whole matter of woodwork hitting and the equally annoying issue of so frequently losing matches when you have had 5 times as many shots and CCCs as the opposition. And SI will do nothing because they are too busy developing FM15........

I bet it happens!!

So you're just going to ignore the fact that santy001's sample shows that 1 in every 14.5 attempts at goal hits the woodwork, surprise surprise that ratio is very similar to what I had over the course of 3 seasons sample.

Do you really think that is too high a ratio?

People can moan about all they like but when all is said & done they will still be wrong.

Who's ignoring what exactly? Who said the ratio was too high? Cos I didn't. All I said was I bet that exactly the same thing will happen next year. And it will!

If people think something's wrong they will moan! And just being told by other posters that they are wrong won't stop them, my friend! Such is human nature!

*Edit: Personally the amount of woodwork hitting doesn't worry me. I do get bothered when the ME sometimes seems to let players shoot THROUGH the post and score though! I think the '30 shots to their 2 and I lose 1-0' scenarios happen too often, however. That's a right pain that is!

What really worries me is that this time next year people will be moaning about this whole matter of woodwork hitting and the equally annoying issue of so frequently losing matches when you have had 5 times as many shots and CCCs as the opposition. And SI will do nothing because they are too busy developing FM15........

I bet it happens!!

The bold part suggested you were ragging on the game because of perceived excessive strikes against the woodwork, apologies if that's wasn't the case.

I was merely echoing an earlier post in the thread, the one by Spokesman. 'Apology accepted Captain Needa' (unfortunately I can't do a Darth Vader as you are out of range) :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived