How do you get two Whales in a Mini?

Cookie147

Bit of a tough month there. Hopefully, it's just a minor run and you'll return to more consistent form.

Yeah -I could see it coming as well, as the previous month we were only scraping wins with late goals or hanging on at the end. I've played the first match in January so far, and there was a slight improvement :)

That TNS game is going to be key.

I'm thinking the Bangor away game is massive as it may dictate whteter or not I can finish second or not. Obviously winning at TNS would help :)

Looks like great improvement this year, even if you don't get close to the title in the end.

Thanks DeltaBlue :thup:

Hopefully you can reclaim top spot in the league. Its not easy against TNS :D

It certainly isn't - they made me look silly at our place!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Klrd8cj.png?1

JANUARY 2015

iVWpdsh.png?1

Another poor month, which promised more after the opening 4-0 win over Barry. The Bangor City match was always going to be tough, but after the home defeat to bottom placed Aberystwyth morale was starting to suffer. I called a team meeting before the TNS game, and although we suffered another defeat the performance was good, and their third goal was due to us chasing the game. There was some respite however, as we reached the quarter finals of the Welsh Cup, drawing Bala Town away.

zZNxKcO.png?1

It is of no surprise that our recent form has led to a drop down to third in the table. Bala are in good form, and with them next up in the league, some improvement is essential. But as you can see from the upcoming fixtures - things aren't getting any easier!

February Fixtures:

Bala Town (A)

Newtown (H)

Bangor City (A)

TNS (A)

Bala Town (A) (Welsh Cup)

Klrd8cj.png?1

FEBRUARY 2015

On the final day of the January transfer window, my Director of Football signed Joe Henderson for me from league rivals TNS. He looks a good find, although he didn't feature much in February due to lack of fitness.

rgrPgK4.png?1

A superb month as far as the league is concerned, although we really should have beaten Newtown at our place. Consecutive away wins at Bangor and a remarkable 5-4 victory at TNS have really put us in with an excellent shout of second place. We didn't perform in the Welsh Cup, but if I finish 2nd or 3rd in the league I really won't be fussed about the cup.

cjhqlQb.png?1

Despite winning at TNS, I think the league title is too far out of reach, although a place in the top three is looking fairly likely. There are only two fixtures in March.....

March Fixtures:

Llanelli (H)

Bala Town (H)

Shame about the drop in form. Hopefully you keep 2nd place.
The league title may be out of reach, but you look good for a top 3 finish.

Thanks both - shame about the title, but it's been another progressive season.

Klrd8cj.png?1

MARCH 2015

sTMsANN.png?1

A quiet month in terms of fixtures, but four out of six points is a fine return, and following a 1-1 draw between Llanelli and Bangor City, we seem to have wrapped up third spot. Hopefully we can hang onto second.

Lh1a5Gh.png?1

So, Euro Cup place confirmed, and with four matches remaining we can hopefully keep hold of the runner up position.

April Fixtures:

Newtown (A)

Llanelli (A)

Bangor City (H)

TNS (H)

Big jump so far in an impressive season, hopefully you can keep 2nd place and build again next year. 2 or 3 rounds in the Europa would be great next year too.
Excellent performance in the league this season :thup:
Qualified for Europe through the league this season :p A good step!

Thanks all, I'm looking forward to the new season already. I've played three of the four April/May fixtures, so will hopefuly have an update tonight on how the season unfolded.

Klrd8cj.png?1

APRIL/MAY 2015

geXRF69.png?2

The results may not show it, but we played some lovely stuff as we closed out the season. Newtown were outplayed, and their consolation goal was in the final minute, whereas both Bangor and TNS had to wait until the second half to equalise Lewis Codling's goals.

VDv3mHr.png?1

Amazingly finishing second was fairly comfortable in the end, as we finished five points ahead of Bangor City. So, we met the board expectations of qualifying for Europe through the league performances which makes it a reasonably successful season.

Klrd8cj.png?1

2014/15

PRESTATYN TOWN

SEASON REVIEW

Welsh Premier League Winners - TNS

Welsh Cup Winners - Bala Town

League Cup Winners - Llanelli

Euro Qualifiers

Champions League

TNS

Europa League

Prestatyn Town, Llanelli, Bala Town

European Competition Rankings

Welsh Premier League : 167th (up 1)

Prestatyn Town : 470th (up 234)

[b]Year        Team                 WPL       Welsh Cup       League Cup        Europa League[/b]
2012/13     Prestatyn Town       7th       Winners         1st Round         n/a
2013/14     Prestatyn Town       5th       Runner Up       Quarter Final     2nd Qualifying Round
2014/15     Prestatyn Town       2nd       Quarter Final   1st Round         n/a

I wasn't sure what else to add to this page, so if you'd like any other information, please let me know.

Klrd8cj.png?1

2015 CLOSE SEASON

Just a few bits of news in the close season. Firstly, I've decided to overhaul to backroom staff, as I feel in order to make progression I need better than what I had.

On the playing side I released a few of the old guard, including veterans Jason Price and Andy Parkinson.

Our young striker is picking up more awards....

A4QWO3s.png?1

...and despite there being no real progress by any team in Europe, Welsh football is on the up.....

xLnokcZ.png?1

Finally, in our Europa League campaign, we have drawn Finnish team Myllykosken Pallo -47.

Klrd8cj.png?1

EUROPA LEAGUE

1st Qualifying Round

With no new signings as yet, we ventured into our Europa League campaign with the same side that finished last season. Lewis Codling had taken a knock before the match, so youth striker Jordan Brereton comes in.

YqSa73z.png?1

Myllykosken Pallo 3-1 Prestatyn Town

Despite us looking comfortable for the match, our tiredness showed as we gifted our Finnish counterparts a two goal lead. When young forward Jordan Brereton reduced the deficit on 90 minutes, it was looking like a 2-1 defeat, which would have been more than acceptable given the state of play, but when MYPA scored with the final touch of the game it left us with it all to do at home.

Prestatyn Town 3-0 Myllykosken Pallo

After seeing MYPA in the first leg, I was confident that we were not out of the tie, but I did not expect such an emphatic performance. Lewis Codling was back after missing the first leg through injury, and combining excellent with Arran Billington, with both players getting on the score-sheet.

So we continue into the second qualifying round, where we face tough opposition in Turkish outfit Kasimpasa.

Apologies for the lack of updates guys - was away for a few days. More updates to follow....

Nice work to get those rankings up. Decent first round in the Euro Cup too. 2nd round looks tough though.

Thanks Jack, I'm not sure how they've gone up, but something obviously happened that I missed....

2nd was pretty good.

I was delighted with second in the end - hopefully I can at least match that this coming season.

Excellent season overall,well done on beating MYPA as well :thup:

Thanks B.W.G - it was an excellent second leg, info on the 2nd round soon.....

Klrd8cj.png?1

EUROPA LEAGUE

2nd Qualifying Round

I am confident leading up to this tie that we can pull off another European scalp. With no news on player transfers I head into these fixtures with the same squad to choose from.

IXaC5DW.png?1

Prestatyn Town 0-0 Kasimpasa A.S.

This was a rather dull affair really, with Kasimpasa deservedly having a goal ruled out in the first half for offside. We perhaps had the better of the play, with more shots towards goal, but it was all too easy for Swedish international, Andreas Isaksson.

Kasimpasa A.S 2-1 Prestatyn Town

This was cruel. We lead through a brilliantly struck goal from Arran Billington, but conceded the equaliser almost immediately. With chances aplenty we should have finished the tie, although we were heading for an away goal win. Then the Turkish outfit bundled in the scrappiest of all goals late on to send us out of the competition.

Kasimpasa is difficult opposition. Best of luck in that 2nd qualifying round! :thup:

I was so close Cerud. They beat Viktoria Plzen in the next round to play Swansea City in the Euro Play-Off. That would have been some draw...

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE-SEASON FRIENDLIES

JeYKgKj.png?1

It was a good pre-season schedule, despite the disappointment of the European campaign. The match versus our Prestatyn neighbours featured all reserve players, but the first team played the matches against Blackpool and Chelsea reserves, and didn’t look out of place.

In other news, our new stadium is ready and we had a new board come in during the European adventure.....

…and despite the reluctance for investment, decided that the Euro earnings should go to good use…..

1IrPabS.png?1

So, off to the real business:

August Fixtures:

Carmarthen Town (A)

Newtown (H)

Llanelli (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

AUGUST 2015

T9iL2vw.png?1

Not a bad start to the season, but the away defeat at Carmarthen Town was disappointing as we didn’t appear to turn up. However, the two performances after, in our new stadium were excellent with the two main strikers in fine form once again.

QrmnV9O.png?1

Very early I know, but we are currently sitting in 4th position with the usual suspect above me. I have two of those teams away from home in September, so some tough matches ahead….

September Fixtures:

Ton Pentre (H)

Port Talbot (A)

TNS (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

SEPTEMBER 2015

zgjIiUF.png?1

The month started brilliantly with a totally dominant performance versus recently promoted Ton Pentre. We were 4 up t half time, and despite not adding to the tally in the second half we didn’t let up. When we took the lead in the next match at second placed Port Talbot everything was looking great, so I told them so at half time, but I was not expecting the second half capitulation! We ended the month with a creditable and deserved draw at TNS, and four points from the month.

KIVrGtV.png?1

October Fixtures:

Bangor City (H)

Haverfordwest (A) (Premier League Cup)

Airbus (H)

Barry (A)

Rhyl (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

OCTOBER 2015

N1TivM7.png?1

Not a bad month, as we came through it undefeated. However in the league three of the four matches were drawn where we really didn't perform. It all came together for the final match of the month as we trounced our local neighbours Rhyl, 5-1, with Arran Billington scoring an excellent hat-trick. In the Premier League Cup our second string side have made it through to the semi final (vs Airbus) with wins over Haverfordwest and Bala Town.

NIOqhQH.png?1

This is turning into a perculiar season, with us lying in 4th position, one spot above TNS. Port Talbot and Carmarthen Town are the current pace setters.

November Fixtures:

Bala Town (H)

Holyhead (H) (Welsh Cup)

Airbus (A) (Premier League Cup)

Carmarthen Town (H)

Newtown (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

NOVEMBER 2015

rWWHrgh.png?1

November was an almost perfect month, with only a last minute equaliser by Newtown in the final match stopping a clean sweep of victories. We are now on a club record twelve match unbeaten run, which has put us back in contention in the table. Excellent home wins against Bala and Carmarthen Town were the highlights of the month, along with the extra time performance of youth signing Mel Orlik in the Premier League Cup Semi Final.

y4knJkN.png?1

A tough December lies ahead, and hopefully we can maintain our unbeaten run as we chase the teams above us in the table.

December Fixtures:

Llanelli (A)

Port Talbot (H)

Ton Pentre (A)

TNS (H)

In further news:

Lewis Codling shocked the club by throwing in this transfer request, which was suitably denied. Hopefully I've assured him that his future lies at Prestatyn.

I’ve also just received a job offer from Kidderminster Harriers. This is the second time they’ve approached me, the first being in November 2013.

Klrd8cj.png?1

DECEMBER 2015

APDsPY1.png?1

I’m not sure what to make of this month really. We started with an excellent win over Llanelli, with Codling in particular impressing, before a frustrating goal-less draw with table toppers, Port Talbot. We then lost our unbeaten run to relegation threatened Ton Pentre, and followed it up conceding a late goal to TNS to gain a draw which should have been more.

fdHOxzx.png?1

We currently sit in sixth, although the top half of the table is very tight, so another good sequence of results will move us up the table.

January Fixtures:

Bangor City (A)

Barry (H)

Rhyl (H)

Airbus (A)

Bala (A)

Afan Lido (H) (Welsh Cup R4)

Kind of a mixed bag of a month.
Very mixed month but your still in the top six and your not too far off top spot as there is plenty of time yet.

A mixed month in a very mixed season, even the mighty TNS are struggling!

Klrd8cj.png?1

JANUARY 2016

wXRN7Q6.png?1

Usually, after ten points from a possible fifteen in the league, I would be happy with that return, but for some reason I feel like we’ve missed a trick. A poor performance at Bangor City, and another late-ish equaliser (this time by Bala Town) were both matches where extra points should have been gained. The three wins were all convincing though, so there are positives to be had. Obviously the cup defeat was highly disappointing.

y8IcCir.png?1

So, at the end of the regular season we sit in fifth place. Getting into the top two will be tricky, but I’m in a fight with the other three teams for third spot.

February Fixtures:

TNS (A)

Bangor City (H)

Carmarthen Town (A)

Port Talbot (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

FEBRUARY 2016

5chi1Zg.png?1

In what started as an excellent month soon changed after two disappointing away defeats. The match against TNS was another classic, similar to our 5-4 win at their place last season. We also played very well against Bangor City, with Arran Billington really finding his shooting boots in these matches.

BYd6shX.png?1

Anything in the top four is looking particularly tricky now, so any chance of European football could boil down to the end of season play-offs. We really need nine from nine in March.

March Fixtures:

Bala (H)

TNS (H)

Bangor City (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

MARCH 2016

xZXYQpk.png?1

All in all it was a good month, but if we wanted to challenge for a top three place, we really needed to win all three matches. Beating both Bala Town and TNS was excellent leading into the final match of the month, thanks to the natural finishing of Arran Billington. He really has done brilliantly since coming through our youth system. The final match versus Bangor was unlucky, despite the score-line. We had most of the play, and better finishing would have won the match.

lon9S76.png?1

So, after March we sit in fifth, and its looks fairly likely that is where we will stay. Hopefully the board aren’t too disappointed with that. It looks to be a three-way fight for the title, which strangely doesn’t include TNS.

April/May Fixtures:

Carmarthen Town (H)

Bala Town (A)

Llanelli (N) (Premier League Cup Final)

Port Talbot (H)

It is looking tight at the top
Billington looks like a top performer for you.

Very tight at the top, but if we hadn't thrown so many points away early on we could have been right up there, especially with TNS having such a poor season. Arran Billington has been brilliant all season, his goals have been vital.

Klrd8cj.png?1

APRIL/MAY 2016

VjNswqP.png?1

The league form improved in the final month of the season, with the only defeat coming away at Bala Town, who themselves were on a title charge. Bangor City finally won that battle, but with TNS dropping so many points this season, it made the title race very interesting. If only wish I was more involved in it. TNS went on the win the Welsh Cup on penalties to deny Bangor the double, and we won the Premier League Cup with a convincing win over Llanelli.

Premier League Cup Final: Prestatyn Town 3-1 Llanelli

We got a good draw in the Euro Cup Play Off ‘s with Carmarthen Town at home, and taking the lead through Lewis Codling I thought we were half way to the final, but a terrible performance made the game go to penalties, which we eventually lost.

bD4fpLX.png?1

Fifth it was, and with the play off defeat, it end a pretty miserable season with only the Euro Cup adventure to show for it. To top it all off my seemingly progressive board came up with this little gem….

0pUP1OI.png?1

Thanks!

To end the season on a positive note though, the national side have been doing well, and qualified through their European Championship group, to earn their place at the 2016 tournament in France.

Final Qualifying Group

The draw for the competition came out like this:

European Championship Group F

I will update on their progress in my close season report.

Klrd8cj.png?1

2015/16

PRESTATYN TOWN

SEASON REVIEW

Welsh Premier League Winners - Bangor City (1)

Welsh Cup Winners - TNS (1)

League Cup Winners - Prestatyn Town (1)

(How many times won since 2013)

Euro Qualifiers

Champions League

Bangor City

Europa League

Bala Town, TNS, Carmarthen Town

European Competition Rankings

Welsh Premier League : 143rd (up 24)

Prestatyn Town : 449th (up 21)

[b]Year        Team                 WPL       Welsh Cup       League Cup        Europa League[/b]
2012/13     Prestatyn Town       7th       Winners         1st Round         n/a
2013/14     Prestatyn Town       5th       Runner Up       Quarter Final     2nd Qualifying Round
2014/15     Prestatyn Town       2nd       Quarter Final   1st Round         n/a
2015/16     Prestatyn Town       5th       4th Round       Winners           2nd Qualifying Round

I wasn't sure what else to add to this page, so if you'd like any other information, please let me know.

Klrd8cj.png?1

CLOSE SEASON 2016

Firstly, I said I would update you on the progress on Wales in the European Championships 2016 in France.

They were handed a tough looking group which included the host nation as well as Russia and Ireland.

GROUP RESULTS

Wales 1-1 Ireland

Wales 0-0 Russia

Wales 1-1 France

Final Group Table

With the new format of the competition, Wales qualified for the last 16 as being and were drawn against Romania.

Wales 3-2 Romania

...Into the quarter finals…

Wales 2-3 Portugal

This certainly was no disgrace as Portugal were the eventual winners, defeating Turkey in the semis and Belgium in the final. Following the competition, Chris Coleman left his post as manager and was surprisingly replaced by inexperienced former Cefn Druids players Paul Evans.

Back to things Prestatyn, and I have brought a few more players into the squad:

Dan Taylor | Gareth Hanford | Dan MacCarter

My Director of Football also found it necessary to offer contracts to the following players:

Tony Davies | Darius Waters

I decided to go ahead with the transfers as they could be good squad players.

The media prediction for the season is 4th, and our board are again just asking us to compete, so expectations are a little lower.

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE-SEASON 2016

Just a brief update this morning as not much has happened during pre-season. There has been no transfer activity, and we played the following five matches:

jcmfpRL.png?1

It was goals galore during pre-season, as we tried a new narrow, attacking formation to accommodate the signing of Dan Taylor during the summer. Taylor seemed to fit straight in with two goals on his debut as we defeated Y Giannau in style. The only disappointment was the home draw with Welshpool, however I did field an entire reserve side for that fixture. Hopefully the new formation holds up for the league matches.

August Fixtures:

Bala Town (A)

Haverfordwest (H)

Carmarthen Town (A)

Good account of yourselves in the European Championships.

Unfortunately I cannot take credit for this. This is just an update on what Chris Coleman achieved. I thought Wales qualifying and giving a good account of themselves was well worth reporting on.

Klrd8cj.png?1

AUGUST 2016

kyByL5T.png?1

An excellent start to the season, and would have been so much better if we managed to hold onto the 2 goal lead at Bala. One good thing that did come from that match though was their two-goal hero Aron Dodd decided to join us shortly after the game. The Haverfordwest match was frustrating as we scraped the win, but the performance against Carmarthen was excellent.

SOOd8Jc.png

Very early days, but joint top and a forthcoming home match with TNS makes it an exciting September.

September Fixtures:

TNS (H)

Barry (H)

Airbus (A)

Archived