How do you get two Whales in a Mini?

Cookie147

Been following this one quietly.

Bad luck missing out on Europe for this season. At least it might keep the players fresher for a bit longer so you can build on that start.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good start
Still early, but promising.
Been following this one quietly. Bad luck missing out on Europe for this season. At least it might keep the players fresher for a bit longer so you can build on that start.

Thanks all. KDR, thanks for following, and I'm of the same opinion regarding Europe. The same happened two seasons ago when the situation was similar.

Klrd8cj.png?1

SEPTEMBER 2016

tggMVEH.png?2

Our unbeaten start to the season continues with three more promising performances. The TNS match could have gone wither way, but a draw was more than welcome, before comfortably beating both Barry and Airbus. Lewis Codling has been the star performer, chipping in the goals and assists.

1TFqHpZ.png?1

Again, still early, but the signs are good. Hopefully we can maintain our unbeaten run a little longer, and keep the pressure in the other pace setters.

October Fixtures:

Llanelli (A)

Cefn Druids (H) (Premier League Cup)

Cefn Druids (H)

Newtown (H)

Port Talbot (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

OCTOBER 2016

7xRUyFE.png?1

Another excellent month in the league, despite losing away at Llanelli, with three more wins under our belts. The league win over Cefn Druids was a struggle, but the excellent victories over Newtown and particularly Port Talbot were good to watch with goals all over the place. Reserve midfielder Sam Belcher, who I bought a few seasons back, has come in as cover for injury, and has been excellent.

7Wb4TDt.png?1

The league table is really looking healthy, and we were sitting top until TNS beat Carmarthen away on the final day of the month. However, I certainly wont complain about second place.

November Fixtures:

Bangor City (H)

Welshpool (H) (Welsh Cup)

Haverfordwest (A)

Bala Town (H)

Carmarthen Town (H)

I also received a job offer this month. Again it was from the English Blue Square Premier, but this time it was Accrington Stanley. Who are they? Exactly! (Hopefully someone will remember that advert).

So close to the top spot
Very impressive start so far :thup:

Thanks both, I've changed to an attacking 4-3-3 this season, as I had 3 decent forwards and this seems to suit the team I have. Hopefully it continues.

Klrd8cj.png?1

NOVEMBER 2016

RTKLhj0.png?1

No change at the top this month, but there should have been. The one defeat of the season was a late kick-off, and with TNS losing at Port Talbot earlier in the day we had our chance to claim top spot. However, the display was lacking any attacking threat what-so-ever, and we went down without a fight. Bala even had the luxury of missing a penalty. The other league matches were all reasonably comfortable. We did suffer a scare in the cup though, defeating lower league Welshpool on penalties.

RKY4Ooy.png?1

Like I said, no change, but with TNS away up next, I get the feeling December is going to be an important month in the season.

December Fixtures:

TNS (A)

Barry (A)

Airbus (H)

Llanelli (H)

Cefn Druids (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

DECEMBER 2016

[iq5g5Qb.png?2

I has the feeling that December was going to be an important month in the season, and so it could prove. After losing the opening match at TNS we slipped four points behind the league leaders, but four consecutive wins, and the fact that TNS only got one point from their next two games meant we were now top of the table. Central defender Kai Edwards has been the pick of the bunch with three goals and a player of the month award.

JFEuAE2.png?1

Although we’re currently top, we are no where near favourites to win this division. I’m still looking at the gap between us and third which has grown to 13 points since last month. January’s fixtures are not easy though…

Januarys Fixtures:

Newtown (A)

Port Talbot (H)

Bangor City (A)

Llanelli (A) (Welsh Cup)

Finishing 5th after being 2nd was a blow but you look on course to make up for that this year with a top 2 spot again :thup:
Doing brilliantly so far,hopefully you can keep that sort of form up.

Thanks both. 5th last season was a major blow, and the lack of Euro income this year has had a serious impact on our finances. Making Europe this season is a must.

Klrd8cj.png?1

JANUARY 2017

amsWyg2.png?1

The results could have been better, but we remain top of the table after gaining four points from nine in the month. Our position in the table was also aided by TNS’s inconsistent form, especially losing 5-0 at Airbus early in the month. Lewis Codling has again been in excellent scoring form, and will need to remain so if we are serious about challenging TNS for the title. We also remain in the cup after a comprehensive victory at Llanelli to end the month. Our quarter final opponents are Monmouth (away).

QMEUfvW.png?1

Amazingly, after playing everyone twice we are sitting top of the table. Ten tough matches await us though if we want to make a run for the title. The dropped points against Port Talbot and Bangor in January could be crucial.

February Fixtures:

Port Talbot (A)

Llanelli (H)

TNS (A)

Bangor City (H)

Monmouth (A) (Welsh Cup)

Quality season so far, and if you can bag a win against TNS you've got to be favourites for the title by this point. What are your club finances looking like?
You're flying this season. A league win would set you up very well.
The game against TNS away will be an important match, for sure. Win that and the league is yours.
It's still tight but very good position to be in.
looking good at the top

Thanks for posting all. It's ben a pretty mixed month so far, with a report hopefully out this evening. James, without Europe this season the finances are on the decline. I will include this in my next update. The season forecast is in the red though.

Klrd8cj.png?1

FEBRUARY 2017

YWNh5il.png?1

A total mixed bag of results for the month, but with the inconsistency of TNS we are still in the hunt. We started the month very poorly indeed. The team looked very nervous against Port Talbot, with passes going straight to the opposition, and tackles non existent. We then scrambled through against Llanelli before an excellent performance versus TNS. It actually took them an 80th penalty to earn the draw against us. The cup match was fairly routine, and we now have a semi final against Bangor City. Our league match against them was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

J2bSR2n.png?1

One point behind, but a game (at home vs Bangor) in hand. You could say the title is in our own hands, but with seven matches still to play it would be a little foolish to think like that.

March Fixtures:

Bangor City (H)

Port Talbot (H)

Bala Town (A)

Llanelli (A)

I also want to point out the performances of Dan MacCarter this season. He has just broken the league record for assists in a season, with 7 games to spare, which for a right back is exceptional.

I also am now attracting the attention of clubs is English League One, with this recent job offer from Rochdale.

Klrd8cj.png?1

MARCH 2017

I forgot to take a screen print of the league table at the end of March, so I have included the opening April fixture at Bangor City in this update.

I0beTTl.png?1

It’s going to be tough now! Losing that game in hand at home to Bangor at the beginning of March could be crucial. It was a very disappointing result as it would have put us top at the time. The month wasn’t bad all in all though, as good solid away wins at Bala and Bangor, and a very good performance in the home match versus Port Talbot. Losing at Llanelli was disappointing, and we are now hoping TNS slip up somewhere before we play them at home.

sSm1ZlK.png?1

Right, we’re one point behind with TNS playing Llanelli at home in their game in hand. We then play them at home, so still all to play for.

April/May Fixtures:

Prestatyn Town

Bangor City (N) (Welsh Cup)

TNS (H)

Bala Town (H)

TNS

Llanelli (H)

Prestatyn Town (A)

Port Talbot (A)

….finally, every team needs a Jason Donovan.

Very close there, it's looking like it'll all depend on your game against TNS, good luck and no matter what happens it's still been a brilliant season :thup:
Will be a very close finish to the title race,hopefully you can topple TNS in your game!

To be honest, I wasn't expecting a title challenge at all this season and would have taken 2nd quite happily. I can't stop thinking about the points that were thrown away though! I'm not overly optimistic about winning it, even if I do beat TNS as they haven't been dropping many points lately. I've played the semi final and TNS have played Llanelli since the last update, and hopefully there will be some good rather than bad news tonight.

Klrd8cj.png?1

APRIL 2017

1IP0yf9.png?1

A great month in both the league and the Welsh Cup, as we came away with a perfect record. We recorded an excellent 4-1 victory over Bangor City, before defeating the same opponents in the cup semi final. Then it was the show-down with TNS. We raced into a 2-0 lead, before The New Saints pulled one back on 80 minutes. We managed to hold on though, which amazingly takes the season into the final fixture, with everything to play for.

nNUVNkg.png?1

To take the season to the final match with still a shot at the title is amazing.

May Fixtures:

Prestatyn Town

Bala Town (H)

Carmarthen Town (Welsh Cup Final)

TNS

Port Talbot (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

MAY 2017

7Omn6oJ.png?1

Welsh Cup Final

How my lap-top survived the Bala Town match I never know. When we went ahead in the match, we had temporarily gone top of the table, until Bala soon equalised. From then on we were second best. Maybe the players got nervous I don’t know, but when the update had come through that Port Talbot were leading TNS I tried pushing on for what would ultimately be the title winning goal. However it didn’t come, and Bala pick us off. If ever I wanted to replay a match that was it. Somehow the players managed to pick themselves up for the cup final, which was just as tense as the league match. We equalised twice, once late in extra time to take the game to penalties, and we even had to come from behind to win those! Obviously our name was on the cup, which Carmarthen beat us in the final of two years previous.

nwUZScQ.png?1

I would have taken this at the beginning of the season, and we have made big strides forward. However, I feel sick! How many points did we throw away, just two too many it would seem!

The end of season update will be about late on this evening.

Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That must have been crushing.

Crushing isn't the word! Judging by Jack's excellent Welsh career it could be a while before I get that close the TNS again. That one win could have changed everything. At least we somehow managed to win the cup.

Onwards and Upwards!

Aaaw, mate! Gutted for you!

The one thing FM tends to get spot on is how cruel the game can be.

But, taking the positives, you won a trophy and are back in Europe next season. Can't be bad.

Aaaw, mate! Gutted for you!

The one thing FM tends to get spot on is how cruel the game can be.

But, taking the positives, you won a trophy and are back in Europe next season. Can't be bad.

Ouch! So close and yet... You've done a lot in this season to be proud of. Come back next year and show TNS how it's truly done!

Thanks both. I'm beginning to see the positives now. Earlier on I couldn't see any :)

Klrd8cj.png?1

2016/17

PRESTATYN TOWN

SEASON REVIEW

Welsh Premier League Winners - TNS (3)

Welsh Cup Winners – Prestatyn Town (2)

League Cup Winners - TNS (1)

(How many times won since 2013)

Euro Qualifiers

Champions League

TNS

Europa League

Prestatyn Town, Llanelli, Bangor City

European Competition Rankings

Welsh Premier League : 139th (up 4)

Prestatyn Town : 449th (no movement)

[b]Year        Team                 WPL       Welsh Cup       League Cup        Europa League[/b]
2012/13     Prestatyn Town       7th       Winners         1st Round         n/a
2013/14     Prestatyn Town       5th       Runner Up       Quarter Final     2nd Qualifying Round
2014/15     Prestatyn Town       2nd       Quarter Final   1st Round         n/a
2015/16     Prestatyn Town       5th       4th Round       Winners           2nd Qualifying Round
2016/17     Prestatyn Town       2nd       Winners         1st Round         n/a

I wasn't sure what else to add to this page, so if you'd like any other information, please let me know.

Klrd8cj.png?1

CLOSE SEASON

It's been a fairly quiet close season so far, with only the one new signing, Jordan Agbaje from Bala Town. He has also represented Bangor City and TNS in this division, starting his career in the Stoke City youth team. Going the other way, promising youth defender John Scott has gone on loan to Scottish Second Division side Clyde, whereas Lloyd Kirkby heads for Airbus, also on a season long loan.

The draw for the Europe League 1st Qualifying round pairs us against Albania outfit KS Teuta Durres.

Klrd8cj.png?1

EUROPA LEAGUE

1st QUALIFYING ROUND

I was more than happy with the draw, and the fact we make the long trek to Albania in the first leg.

LaPnW1x.png?1

KS Teuta Durres 3-1 Prestatyn Town

We looked good early on and were unfortunate to go a goal behind shortly after half time, but when the excellent Kai Edwards levelled the scoring I was confident of a decent 1st leg result. However, similar to the Bala game at the end of last season we got picked off for two goals to suffer a 3-1 defeat.

Prestatyn Town 4-1 KS Teuta Durres

After our performance in the first leg I was always confident that the game was not over, and an all-round excellent performance helped the team to a magnificent 4-1 win. Dan Taylor's winner was deserving of such an important winning goal.

I felt it was important to at least get through the first qualifying round to secure much needed funding for the forthcoming season. We have drawn Romania side Sporting Club Vaslui in the second round in a tie which I again fancy getting through.

Klrd8cj.png?1

EUROPA LEAGUE

2nd Qualifying Round

HI19p8F.png?1

Sporting Club Vaslui 3-0 Prestatyn Town

Not a great result, but we played ok. Vaslui were far superior to our Albanian friends in the previous round though and we struggled to keep them at bay. I pushed for an away goal at the end, but it wasn't to be.

Prestatyn Town 0-2 Sporting Club Vaslui

Very similar to the first leg in that we performed ok, but were simply outclassed. Unfortunately it's a second round exit once again.

Upcoming Friendlies

Notts County (H)

Millwall (H)

Caernarfon (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

PRE-SEASON

We only played three pre-season friendlies due to the Euro adventure, but we played well in those three matches and feel ready for another good season.

h0yYBGa.png?1

With no more transfer news, we head straight into the league season.

August Fixtures:

Rhyl (A)

Newtown (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

AUGUST 2017

nDIiEj7.png?1

An excellent start to the season with two victories, but these are games that we should have been winning anyway if we want to challenge at the top again. New signing Jordan Agbaje has proved an instant success, coming off the bench to score in both league matches so far.

BFtwNor.png?1

Very early days, but the usual suspects are all in the top half. TNS have lost one already, surprisingly going down at home to newly promoted Bridgend.

September Fixtures:

Bala Town (H)

Airbus (A)

Barry (H)

TNS (A)

Klrd8cj.png?1

SEPTEMBER 2017

C7z1uEE.png?1

I’m beginning to really dislike Bala Town. They are getting into a habit of beating us at home when things seem to be going well. We recovered well after that defeat to claim victories over Airbus and Barry, before the big TV clash with TNS. It wasn’t to be though as they scored mid way through the first half.

RwbhIAr.png?1

Three behind TNS, but at least we’ve played them away now. Bala could go second with their extra game but it’s still early.

October Fixtures:

Carmarthen Town (H)

Airbus (H) (Premier League Cup)

Bangor City (A)

Llanelli (H)

Klrd8cj.png?1

OCTOBER 2017

PQiiVGG.png?1

A nice 100% win rate in the league this month, keeping us within reach of TNS, who can also boast a perfect record in October. Dan Taylor has been excellent in front of goal, as has Arran Billington. The players in the defeat in the Premier League Cup was an entire reserve side, so the loss wasn’t as disappointing as the board are making out.

koLg1zN.png?1

Still three points behind TNS and with Bala Town dropping points this month, we move into second out-right.

November Fixtures:

Bridgend (A)

Port Talbot (H)

Rhyl (A) (Welsh Cup)

Rhyl (H)

Archived