FMO Help Thread - Ask All Your Questions In Here!!!!

Andy H

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Soaps:

Any suggestions for me? me and my brother keep getting "Unable to connect to Server" does that mean it has something to do with the routers? I forwarded the ports on mine and we're still getting the same error! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All that message means is that no data can be sent through ports 10093 & 10093 to your pc. Why that is the case can be so many reasons it is impossible to help without guess work.

Routers, Firewalls & ISP's are the 3 main issues that can cause the failure to connect as they all block data as standard.

In theory as long as you forward your ports correctly & set your firewall up to allow traffic to FM08 the game should work, however more & more ISP's are setting there own security settings which block them before they even get to your router so there is infact nothing you can do but nag them to ensure they've not blocked certain forms of data transfer, ie bit torrents are throttled these days so people suffer problems with those.

If someone says they've done there router & firewall correctly then I wouldn't know where to start & most others here would be the same, bit hard when we're not sat there able to see it for ourselves to be 100% sure it's correct & not a mistake on your behalf.

1) Check router is correctly setup, forward ports 10093 & 10094 (do both TCP & UDP).

2) Ensure you're using the correct internal IP when forwarding the data or the ports won't be sending it to the correct PC

3) Ensure you've allowed FM08 direct access in BOTH your router firwall if it has one & any firewall program you have on your pc be it the standard XP one or one you personally installed onto your pc

4) Ensure you're giving the correct external IP address to your friends gained from www.whatismyip.com

5) Ensure you've ticked "run as server" in the preferences, yes I know it sounds silly but some people do forget this, it's not an accusation but a checklist remember

If you do all this & still struggle try to download the latest drivers for your network card, try to install the latest firmware for any router or wireless cards you use.

If all that fails then you may be one of the unlucky ones & find that your ISP is blocking it themselves in which case a phonecall to them may help but quite frankly I wouldn't hold much hope as most of there customer service people are clueless & wouldn't know what you mean.

Ok, im having problems connecting to a friend for an FMO game, i can connect fine to other FMO games

Operating system? XP for both

Service packs installed? most recent for both

Net connection? 54 Mb for me ( wireless ), 1Mb ( ethernet ) for my friend

ISP? AOL for me Talk Talk for my friend

Router involved? Thomson speedtouch 585 for me, huawei mt882 for my friend

Anti virus software? AVG for me, windows live one care for my friend

Firewall software? Zone Alarm for me, windows live one care for my friend

also in the IP address in the game status, it comes up with 2 sets of numbers seperated by a "/" i am supposed to give the second number yh? because when i go to that whatsmyip site, it gives me a totally different ip ( which doesnt work either )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cms186:

Ok, im having problems connecting to a friend for an FMO game, i can connect fine to other FMO games

also in the IP address in the game status, it comes up with 2 sets of numbers seperated by a "/" i am supposed to give the second number yh? because when i go to that whatsmyip site, it gives me a totally different ip ( which doesnt work either ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you give out the second IP.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cms186:

also in the IP address in the game status, it comes up with 2 sets of numbers seperated by a "/" i am supposed to give the second number yh? because when i go to that whatsmyip site, it gives me a totally different ip ( which doesnt work either ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes you give out the second IP. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i did do that ( we tried all of them ) but it didnt work

.....Ok

Just to let you know we finally got this working.

Problem was with the IP we had entered into our routers when forwarding the ports wasn't correct. We we're entering the second IP address and not the first one on both routers. Once we changed them the the correct IP ad's it works fine!

I can sit back and see it's a stupid mistake to make but if it helps anyone else out here then happy days.

You must be thinking what a pair of plonkers! and you proberbly right!

i am having problems hosting a game while usin my router . i could host game about 2 days ago then i did a system resotre point on my laptop and now it cant host games anymore . i have dun what is required for my router and i still cany host . can anyone help ?

click on the Not Connected(left click) to the right hand side of his team name in the game status page.

a please confirm pop up will appear, in it theres two option yes or no.

of course click the yes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richie gow:

i am having problems hosting a game while usin my router . i could host game about 2 days ago then i did a system resotre point on my laptop and now it cant host games anymore . i have dun what is required for my router and i still cany host . can anyone help ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try doing what you did the 1st time to host ie forward ports, firewall etc etc.

Operating system? VISTA ULTIMATE 32

Service packs installed? no

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? Tiscali

Router involved? netgear DG834GT

Anti virus software? Mcafee (but disabled)

Firewall software? no Firewall

Hi, i play with Football manager with my friend online since 5 years, and it's always gone good, but since 2 days with Fm 2008 we are having some problems, I am the server with all the rule (port 10093-10094) put in the router, my friend (the client) come into the server and get his team, but when he try to open his team list his system lag and it disconnect from the game.

We have tested it all yesterday, with patch, without patch but nothing appears, if he doesn't go in the team list it goes, but when he try to make some operation it disconnect.

what is happening? 2 days ago was all perfect! we have also tried with another save, but no news...always disconnect, please help us!

Host(me)

Operating system? Windows XP

Service packs installed? not too sure

Net connection?

ISP? blueyonder

Router involved? linksy WRT54GS

Anti virus software? norton

Firewall software? norton

other player

Operating system?MAC OSX

Service packs installed?no

Net connection?BT Broadband home hub

ISP?BT

Router involved? not sure

Anti virus software? mac

Firewall software? mac firewall

we are trying to play and we are sure we have followed all the step ie port forwarding n configuring router/ firewall. and cant see why it is not working we keep gettng the error message "unable to connect to server" we have been through all FAQ and are puzzled

any help would be much appreciated

Gareth

Hello,

I've started a network game with 2 friends. They live together and I live in a separate house. I am the host.

I found out what my IP address was and gave it to those 2 and we started the game fine, and have been playing for 6 months or so.

However, tonight, I'm going round to theirs for the boxing match and to pass the time until it starts, I want to bring my laptop around and continue the game.

However, I've just thought, because I'd be connecting to their internet and not my own, the IP address will be different. Will this make a difference - will we be able to load up the game properly?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ste93:

actually he has version 8.0.1 114310 does that make any difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well obviously yes if it's telling you that you've got different versions so can't connect & you know you've got different versions then I'd assume that is enough information to solve the problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DamianY2J:

Hello,

I've started a network game with 2 friends. They live together and I live in a separate house. I am the host.

I found out what my IP address was and gave it to those 2 and we started the game fine, and have been playing for 6 months or so.

However, tonight, I'm going round to theirs for the boxing match and to pass the time until it starts, I want to bring my laptop around and continue the game.

However, I've just thought, because I'd be connecting to their internet and not my own, the IP address will be different. Will this make a difference - will we be able to load up the game properly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in theory you'll appear on the LAN screen but if you don't appear then just goto www.whatismyup.com & they'll connect using that IP.

If that IP doesn't work then it may just need your internal IP which will be determined by there router.

LAN games are totally alien to alot of people so not sure how it's going to react to be honest, if those 3 options don't work then they may need to forward there ports to enable it but I doubt that, good luck though

I just heard about the "move matches for television" option. That you can tick this off, so you play on the same date as your friends.

Haven't used it before, so here's my question:

Does it have an influence on the television money you get every season? Will they be decreased or stay as if this option was enabled?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zizqo:

I just heard about the "move matches for television" option. That you can tick this off, so you play on the same date as your friends.

Haven't used it before, so here's my question:

Does it have an influence on the television money you get every season? Will they be decreased or stay as if this option was enabled? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No you get the same money as normal.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaza91:

Host(me)

Net connection?

ISP? blueyonder

other player

Operating system?MAC OSX

ISP?BT

Anti virus software? mac

we are trying to play and we are sure we have followed all the step ie port forwarding n configuring router/ firewall. and cant see why it is not working we keep gettng the error message "unable to connect to server" we have been through all FAQ and are puzzled

Gareth </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is actually hosting the game?

Maybe you have not forwarded the ports properly or the wrong ports?

Just ideas to help solve your problem btw. icon14.gif

Operating system? VISTA (me) XP (my friend)

Service packs installed? Don't think so.

Net connection? 6mb

ISP? Norwegian company (Canal digital)

Router involved? None, using modem

Anti virus software? None

Firewall software? Windows, but disabled

Greetings from Norway!

Hopefully someone here can help me and my friend to get a network-game going. Our problem is this:

I'm running as host. We have the exact same patch (he got it from me). But, he gets kicked out from the game every now and again. As I don't have a router or a firewall this can't be the problem. There's one thing he simply can't touch ingame, and that's the training. Every time he goes there he gets kicked out immediatly. Could it be that the difference in OS is the cause to this? Is our last hope of getting a good online-game going Hamachi?

With that being said, I think it's a shame if one has to use another program to get a bought game to work.

Can someone please help!

Operating system: Windows xp

Service packs: Service pack 2

Net connection: 2mb

ISP: Virgin Media

Router involved: nope

Anti virus software: AVGFree

Firewall software: Windows

Well my proplem is once we go to play an online game it freezes. The host of the server runs ok and can do everything like normal but the person who tries joining cant. Once the person who aint hosting enters the host's ip and hits ok the game then freezes on that screen. The host can see new user connceted but the player cant pick a team or managers name.

None of us use a router, we have both tryed each others ip and the same thing happens. we tryed it before the patch and also after installing the patch.

PLEASE PLEASE, Can couple of people suggest anyway of fixing this we want to play so badly.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gaza91:

Host(me)

Net connection?

ISP? blueyonder

other player

Operating system?MAC OSX

ISP?BT

Anti virus software? mac

Just ideas to help solve your problem btw. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh im not 100% sure we have done the port forwarding right but i am sure we have

we have both tryed to host and same message comes up for both

thanks mate

Host(me)

Net connection?

ISP? blueyonder

other player

Operating system?MAC OSX

ISP?BT

Anti virus software? mac

Just ideas to help solve your problem btw. icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeh im not 100% sure we have done the port forwarding right but i am sure we have

we have both tryed to host and same message comes up for both

thanks mate </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you made sure you forwarding the ports for your internal IP?

Have you configured both your router firewall and normal firewall? (i.e windows firewall or norton)

The ports for FM are 10093 and 10094 so was asking if you forwarded ports other than those two.

Hello,

Hope all is well with everyone in the world of fm.

I need some minor assistance (I hope). I am tiring to setup an online game, but I am experiencing a few issues.

I have read the portforwarding guide and my attempting to config my router. My brother still seems to have issues connecting to the game. I have a netgear RT311 router I have amended the ports as such

3.10093 - 10094 - 82.12.197.177

I dont run a static ip, but that should be an issue as long as it makes the game?

Looking forward to any useful advice

Dan

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funkidan79:

Hello,

Hope all is well with everyone in the world of fm.

I need some minor assistance (I hope). I am tiring to setup an online game, but I am experiencing a few issues.

I have read the portforwarding guide and my attempting to config my router. My brother still seems to have issues connecting to the game. I have a netgear RT311 router I have amended the ports as such

3.10093 - 10094 - 82.12.197.177

I dont run a static ip, but that should be an issue as long as it makes the game?

Looking forward to any useful advice

Dan </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You forward your ports for your internal IP not the external one. Also don't post your IP as you don't know who might see it.

I´ve also encountered the training problem, which means that i can´t reassign coaches, because the system lags and then I get disconnected. The same thing happened when I filtered my squad to only display defenders and keepers.

Any help is much appreciated (sp?) as I bought FM08 primarily to play online, which isn´t possible at the moment icon_frown.gif

Operating system? XP

Service packs installed? SP2

Net connection?

ISP? Nordit

Router involved? No

Anti virus software? AVG free

Firewall software? XP

Ok, i started a new game, and my friend is able to connect perfectly first time arround, but wen he exits game and tries to log in again he cant log on his prvious manager/team, he has to start with a new team,while his previous manager is still there, Eg he first creates a manager with man u, then wen he logs out and joins the server again he cant log on/control the manager which he created with man u...

pls help i tried everything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninodino:

Ok, i started a new game, and my friend is able to connect perfectly first time arround, but wen he exits game and tries to log in again he cant log on his prvious manager/team, he has to start with a new team,while his previous manager is still there, Eg he first creates a manager with man u, then wen he logs out and joins the server again he cant log on/control the manager which he created with man u...

pls help i tried everything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is he clicking "not connected" next to his team name so he re-takes control of the team ....

I have done EVERYTING in the opening post to host a game and i still cant. I have tried for several differnt people to connect to me.

Operating system - Vista 64

Service packs installed?

Net connection - ADSL

ISP - Talk Talk

Router involved - ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router

Anti virus software - Avast 4.7

Firewall software - Windows

I have done EVERYTING in the opening post to host a game and i still cant. I have tried for several differnt people to connect to me.

Service packs installed?

Net connection - ADSL 6mb

ISP - Talk Talk

Router involved - Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router

One thing ive have noticed when playing network games is that i can only connect to host who have a cable (Virgin/NTL/Telewest) connection. I have also spoken to others who have noticed the same also.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Macphisto:

Service packs installed?

Net connection - ADSL 6mb

ISP - Talk Talk

Router involved - Belkin ADSL2+ Modem with High-Speed Mode Wireless-G Router

One thing ive have noticed when playing network games is that i can only connect to host who have a cable (Virgin/NTL/Telewest) connection. I have also spoken to others who have noticed the same also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you forwarded the correct ports?

Have you forwarded your ports for your internal IP?

Have you configured the firewall on your router and your normal firewall? {ie Norton etc?}

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by babynet@gmail.com:

Operating system? VISTA ULTIMATE 32

Service packs installed? no

Net connection? 8mb

ISP? Tiscali

Router involved? netgear DG834GT

Anti virus software? Mcafee (but disabled)

Firewall software? no Firewall

Hi, i play with Football manager with my friend online since 5 years, and it's always gone good, but since 2 days with Fm 2008 we are having some problems, I am the server with all the rule (port 10093-10094) put in the router, my friend (the client) come into the server and get his team, but when he try to open his team list his system lag and it disconnect from the game.

We have tested it all yesterday, with patch, without patch but nothing appears, if he doesn't go in the team list it goes, but when he try to make some operation it disconnect.

what is happening? 2 days ago was all perfect! we have also tried with another save, but no news...always disconnect, please help us! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My two friends and I are playing an online game for 10 days, and have finished 1st season but since the begining of season 2 last night, two of us (except the host) have serious problems. Everything works fine until we have to select the team at tactics screen. When I right click a player to add him to his position, he is selected on the picture at the right side but his selected position does not appear on the left next to his name and the game freezes so I have to go out and connect again?! That issue comes whenewer I go to the tactics screen and it is very very frustrating...

We are running 8.0.1 game and hamachi. But don't think that's the problem because everything was fine since last night...

Please SI/anyone...

Just a quick post,

I'm a host of a clan and one of the members has decided to not turn up for a long time so I'm going to remove him, however when i try to he obviously set a password and i dont know what it is so i cant take his team over and retire! is there a way round this? Thanks in advance

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkezza:

Just a quick post,

I'm a host of a clan and one of the members has decided to not turn up for a long time so I'm going to remove him, however when i try to he obviously set a password and i dont know what it is so i cant take his team over and retire! is there a way round this? Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Think you type in password for his password and you gain access to his profile. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mykal88:

hey people.. im playing with couple of friends online but it runs so slow. anyone experience this aswel.. im using hamachi to connect.. is it to mainly do with the host or is it a problem with fm 08? thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

me too.. i play with my brother and the game continue very slow.. but i am not using hamachi.

the game either lag or does not continue at all.

i did do that ( we tried all of them ) but it didnt work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any other help guys, we have forwarded the ports and we still cant conn to each other? icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benkezza:

Just a quick post,

I'm a host of a clan and one of the members has decided to not turn up for a long time so I'm going to remove him, however when i try to he obviously set a password and i dont know what it is so i cant take his team over and retire! is there a way round this? Thanks in advance </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

type in sportsinteractive

i did do that ( we tried all of them ) but it didnt work </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

any other help guys, we have forwarded the ports and we still cant conn to each other? icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

make sure he's forwarded on the right private address.

thats 192.168.1.whatever one

Archived