FMO Help Thread - Ask All Your Questions In Here!!!!

Andy H

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody,

I have a little problem, me and 2 of my friends just started an online game, and the problem, like few others here, is the very very slow speed.

I saw what people here said in order to fix the speed problem like close the pictures and logos or close all other programs on the computer, we did all that.

Our computers are pretty fast and so as our internet connectios.

Other then what we have done, is there any way to make the game faster??

(Like instead of one of us hosting, mabey we can host a game on some server...)

Thank you very much for your help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numsig:

Post in the wrong forum and you get slapped down within 20secs.

Post in the correct forum and you get nothing?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE OFFER HELP?

My above post is in correct forum, in correct format with as much info as I know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have posted at 6.40pm today and you expect an instant reply? People have lives, families etc, we help out where we can, posting in our own free time as we love this game.

I think you should be a little more patient and someone may help you if they know what the problem could be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I posted YESTERDAY. Like I said. And in response to the bad internet connection suggestion. Thanks, but that's not it. We manage to play online games fine including (as previously stated) all previous FM versions.

My mate is gonna post his exact spec also. Will this help? He appears to connect from my end....but from his end he just gets an endless spinning football and no proper connection. It's defo not his internet connection being slow.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numsig:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

Post in the wrong forum and you get slapped down within 20secs.

Post in the correct forum and you get nothing?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE OFFER HELP?

My above post is in correct forum, in correct format with as much info as I know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have posted at 6.40pm today and you expect an instant reply? People have lives, families etc, we help out where we can, posting in our own free time as we love this game.

I think you should be a little more patient and someone may help you if they know what the problem could be. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No I posted YESTERDAY. Like I said. And in response to the bad internet connection suggestion. Thanks, but that's not it. We manage to play online games fine including (as previously stated) all previous FM versions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi guys, I'm the mate that has been trying to connect to numsig. Getting a different error than i have seen on previous FM's where it seems to connect and he can see me join but my FM freezes and is stuck with the loading icon. My PC spec as follows:

Operating system? Windows XP

Service packs installed? Service Pack 2

Net connection? 8 MB Broadband

ISP? Orange

Router involved? Inventel DV4210-WU

Anti virus software? MacAfee but always completely disable when trying to play

Firewall software? MacAfee but again completely disabled

The problem may be my side with my router/modem box which is combined but I have been to portforwarding.com and opened all the relevent ports which worked on previous FM's.

Can anyone help us?

Does your router have a firewall? I know some come with a built in firewall that also has to be configured to allow FM.

Or at the bottom of the opening post on page 1 there is some help given by Flint as to how he managed to get up and running online, you could try that as well.

SimonMyatt - Yeah they should be compatible.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

Love the way you ignore me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no ideas at the moment as to what your problem could be. icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be due to the fact SI brought out another beta patch with the same 8.0.1 number, but didnt tell anybody, had to get the updated version for mine to run....

Dont know whether the beta versions of the patch are compatible if this is so....i.e mac running the old beta update, pc running the new up to date??

Does your router have a firewall? I know some come with a built in firewall that also has to be configured to allow FM.

Or at the bottom of the opening post on page 1 there is some help given by Flint as to how he managed to get up and running online, you could try that as well.

SimonMyatt - Yeah they should be compatible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its has a firewall yes but again I have disabled this. Tried what worked for Flint but still not working as this is how I had already set it up. Any other suggestions?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheSavage:

SimonMyatt - Yeah they should be compatible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its has a firewall yes but again I have disabled this. Tried what worked for Flint but still not working as this is how I had already set it up. Any other suggestions? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If anyone is online just now could they try and connect to numsig and see if they have any problems so we know if its definately at my end or his? His ip is removed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

Mate dont be posting i.p's around here, if you MSN me quick ill give it a try before the Mrs bites my head off icon_smile.gif email in profile </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apologies! Admin has removed it now anyway (thank you!) and I have sent you a msn message.

I'm having a problem connecting to my mates online game. I m on my mac and he is on PC.

I type in his IP address,but all I get is the wee football(like my mac is thinking) but nothing else happens, I don't connect or get any "error" messages. I'm at a loss of what tp do.

Help appreciated. Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

I'm having a problem connecting to my mates online game. I m on my mac and he is on PC.

I type in his IP address,but all I get is the wee football(like my mac is thinking) but nothing else happens, I don't connect or get any "error" messages. I'm at a loss of what tp do.

Help appreciated. Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Patches installed??

If they are, check up a few posts

I GOT THE SOLUTION!!!!!!

Finally! I've found away to connect to my mate every time icon_smile.gif

Instead of using the IP you get from myip.com or from the game, you have to use the IP witch is in the TOP of the Hamachi program..

Open Hamachi and right above your username there is an IP .. Host the game at give that Hamachi IP to your mate and let him join by typping that IP instead for the normal icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by udontknowme:

how do i get rid of firewalls plz help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uninstall it or go to your configuration page of your firewall and press off or something like that. Please post in proper english and not text speak.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

Andy H

All attitude when I post in the wrong place,but when I post in the correct place you offer no help despite being on the forums.

Any wonder SI are getting so much stick over FM 2008?? icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny I don't work for SI at all and I would not call a handful of people moaning about this game on an internet forum loads of stick either but hey if that is your opinion then fine.

Anyway if you call me giving you some friendly advice 'attitude' then that is up to you. It's not my fault you cannot follow simple rules in this forum or sorry just ignore them completely.

If you had read this thread you will find I have given lots of helpful advice to users on problems in which I have knowledge or perhaps experienced in my time playing FM online. I have no knowledge of your problem so how can I help?

People help out on this forum in their own time similar to me as we all have other things in our lives so forgive me if I am not instant replying to someone who can't get a game of FM online up and running.

I suggest you drop your childish attitude as it seems you are only looking for attention and on here to cause trouble and it's really something you do not want to do.

Andy H

All attitude when I post in the wrong place,but when I post in the correct place you offer no help despite being on the forums.

Any wonder SI are getting so much stick over FM 2008?? icon13.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm your huckleberry if you want to go around throwing **** and trying to make it stick.

Andy doesnt work for SI, so...STFU. People like you are an annoyance to others in the FMO forum.

Those people who post in this thread do so only because they want to help people enjoy the game. None are uber techies (to my knowledge) and one (AndyH) has just returned from a sex change operation, yet he...i mean SHE still finds the time to post, tidy the plae up (she is good at this as she is female..ish) andhelp idiots who cant even read where to post things.

If you cant read a header and post in the right place then you cant complain really. icon_mad.gif

cretins...definatly cretins.

You posted, what? 5 hours back, and no ones helped you yet, you poor wee soul. How do you survive the day. People who post actually...wait for it.

HAVE LIVES! icon_eek.gif I know its a discrase they are not about 24/7 to help people with reading difficulties fix their router problems. icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by udontknowme:

how do i get rid of firewalls plz help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you can use a firewall and still play FMO, why take a risk by removing it?

Help appreciated. Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

both of you have different patches

no we don't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Configured your network?

no we don't </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do have different patches......

Although both have 8.0.1 installed 1 is Mac and the other PC version.....to my knowledge a few people on these forums (in this thread also) are unable to connect Mac-Pc or Pc-Mac due to the difference in data etc...

I think icon_confused.gif

Therefore, if correct, i think you'll either have to wait for an updated version of the Mac beta patch 8.0.1 or wait for the full patch to be made available before you can play online together...

I suggest you try and find a friend who has the PC version and the installed update to check your router and firewall settings are correct and possibly for the Mac friend to do the same with another Mac...

Sorry if this is wrong or doesnt help icon_frown.gif

Guest sheep92

plz help me and my friends start an online game! i wish to be the host but when i give my huge ip adress with a / in the middle of it does not work any ideas on what im doin wrong or how to get a different ip adress without a / in it plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My and my friend are having problems, we've gone through the basic guides, i.e. turned firewalls off, got correct ip address, one of us plays as host, etc but i think theres a problem his end as he is running his internett connection through his mates main pc downstairs, this is a lan connection right? Would there be something we need to do on his mates pc downstairs? thanks

Forgot to add:

Operating system? Win XP (me and my mate)

Service packs installed? P2 both of us

Net connection? 8mbps for both of us

ISP? Aol me, wanadoo him

Router involved? me netgear DG834G, him unsure at the mo

Anti virus software? hitman pro2 me,

Firewall software? me windows firewall which isnt working, him windows firewall which he turned off

Operating system - Windows XP

Service packs installed - SP2

Net connection - 2Mb ADSL

ISP - Pipex Homecall

Router involved - None

Anti virus software - AVG

Firewall software - Zone Alarm

Hey guys, this is mainly an online database issue. Me and my mate have tried to run an online game using our own edited database where we have created our own teams. We both have the same database and then I went to run the game, I as the host had it working okay but when my mate joined he had very strange names coming for the created teams that were just not right at all.

Any help would be great

From,

martin

hey numsig & savage

any progress on your issue?

we have same.

ports open, even DMZ fails. Tried with firewall off and on.

I host, and my mate trys to join, but get the soccer ball only too. I can see him join the server, but no cigar. Plus, his CPU maxes out when this happens. can play single player no worries. Its almost like whilst he connects at a base level, the connection is not allowed

anyway, if you have any good news, that would be much appreciated.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRocker_01:

hey numsig & savage

we have same.

I host, and my mate trys to join, but get the soccer ball only too. I can see him join the server, but no cigar. Plus, his CPU maxes out when this happens. can play single player no worries. Its almost like whilst he connects at a base level, the connection is not allowed

anyway, if you have any good news, that would be much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi mate, unfortunately no luck yet. We are desperate to get this working and I am going to try one more thing and I will be sure to post it if it works as I think there are a few people out there who are having the same problem as we are. What systems you two got? either of you have a router or on ntl as we susspect its one of those two that could be causing the problem for us.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phlapster:

Do we have a time on the next mac update as the pc version is out and the rest of the Clan are using it meaning I am unable to update and unable to connect to the host due to incompatable versions.

(please dont forget us minority mac users icon_razz.gif ) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check the sticky at the top of General forum for updates on patches etc...of the top of my head it should be the end of the week PC, possibly an extra week for MAC

***FIX TO NETWORK GAMES WITH LOADING BALL***

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JRocker_01:

hey numsig & savage

we have same.

anyway, if you have any good news, that would be much appreciated. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi guys, it took me and my mate ages but eventually found and fixed the problem. If you are experiancing the same problem as we were then try the following:

Firstly I changed serveral router settings, most importantly I ticked a box in my advanced firewall settings called 'Respond to Ping on Internet WAN Port ' so switch this ON.

Make sure your firewall is letting everything else through (ideally off)

Make sure UPnP is ENABLED (Universal Plug and Play)

Turn on DDNS. With my router I had to sign up to an external site to get this to work properly. I signed up to www.dyndns.org, you will get a internet domain name (xxxxxx.hostsite.com) and then I had to enter my login name and password. This will prob vairy between routers and you may not have to do this step.

Most importantly download a program called Hamachi (search on google and select the free latest download, I got it from http://filehippo.com/download_hamachi/ Sign up to this and get your mate(s) to do the same and create a new network (call it whatever you like and set your own password) and give these details to your mate(s) and make sure you all connect to the server you have set up. Should be easy when you open the program, it has good instructions.

That should be it! Load FM08, and give your mates the IP that appears at the top of the Himatchi program!!! not your IP!!! and hopefully you should connect straight away!

Hope this helps everyone cause it was really really fustrating for me but very satisfying when I got it to work!

Let me know how you get along!

Enjoy!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bucket42:

Operating system - Windows XP

Service packs installed - SP2

Net connection - 2Mb ADSL

ISP - Pipex Homecall

Router involved - None

Anti virus software - AVG

Firewall software - Zone Alarm

Hey guys, this is mainly an online database issue. Me and my mate have tried to run an online game using our own edited database where we have created our own teams. We both have the same database and then I went to run the game, I as the host had it working okay but when my mate joined he had very strange names coming for the created teams that were just not right at all.

Any help would be great

From,

martin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a stable online game I would suggest only using official updates from SI as in my experience editing the database leads to problems like this thus making the game completely unstable.

Playing with a friend online it's unbelievable slow for him, actually unplayable because it takes over a minute to load a page.. this is if he's joining my game, and i'm unable to join his atall. We managed to play FM07 without any problems. Anyone know what's up and how to fix it? Thanks icon_smile.gif

Mine/His:

Operating system? Vista / XP

Service packs installed? -

Net connection? 2gb / 10gb+

ISP? AOL / BT

Router involved? BT Voyage 190 ADSL / Unknown

Anti virus software? Bullguard / McAfee

Firewall software? Bullguard / McAfee

Things to note:

- I only get 1 IP adress coming up, he gets 2, yet he's able to join mine and I can't join his.

- Neither computer or internet connection has changed since we played FM07.

- Football Manager 2008 is allowed by all our antivirus + windows firewall.

Hi,

Im also having a nightmare playing online. Have read this forum from start to finish and have followed all the steps suggested. I give up and have downloaded Hamachi, anyone know whether a Hamachi works on MACS?

Cheers

Sorry if you have answered this previously but me and my mate are playing a network game all going well!!

I go round to his house we continue from his pc both users but now when i join the network i come up as a new user!!??

He says he can't edit at his end!!

Its really pi**ing me off so your urgent response please

Cheers guys

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Djpauley:

Sorry if you have answered this previously but me and my mate are playing a network game all going well!!

I go round to his house we continue from his pc both users but now when i join the network i come up as a new user!!??

He says he can't edit at his end!!

Its really pi**ing me off so your urgent response please

Cheers guys </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have him take control of your team and put them on holiday, then drop the game, then have him load the game up and you should be able to take control of your side again.

im having problems with my network game

me and a friend have been playing a network game for about a month now

when i recently loaded the game up for some reason i was in control of both clubs and i cant find how to disconnect from the other club

it is doing this every time i load up

can any one help??!?!?!

Are you the host?

If not

Manager/Manager options/holiday/bottom of panel dissconnect from server.

If you are i sugest you put the one thats not yours on holiday and close the game and then start it up again and it chould be not connected.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powlay:

Are you the host?

If not

Manager/Manager options/holiday/bottom of panel dissconnect from server.

If you are i sugest you put the one thats not yours on holiday and close the game and then start it up again and it chould be not connected. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes i am the host and i tried that but it did not work?

Archived