FMO Help Thread - Ask All Your Questions In Here!!!!

Andy H

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben_112:

me + me mate have tried port forwarding the router and firewall but its still not working help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Read the opening post as to the format you need to post in as the information you have given is next to nothing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jakebarclay:

I need some1 to help me through port forwarding on msn maybe. please help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

add me to MSN and ill try and help you as ive heled loads of other people to port forward successfully

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben_112:

Operating system = windows vista

Service packs installed = no

Net connection = 16mb

ISP = sky broadband

Router involved = yes, Netgear DG834GT i think

Anti virus software = none

Firewall software = windows defender

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Walrus:

How long doe sit normally take to connect from the joiners end? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right away

Guest mikey_1888

Can someone create a stp-by-step guide to creating a succesful online game using a wireless router. Tried everything above, as much as i could make sense off and still not working!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikey_1888:

Can someone create a stp-by-step guide to creating a succesful online game using a wireless router. Tried everything above, as much as i could make sense off and still not working!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It be hard to create a step by step guide using a wireless router, there must be 100+ different routers on the market each with there own setup.

If you can find your exact router using the port forward website try and look for a similar model and use the guide for that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dunga99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mikey_1888:

Can someone create a stp-by-step guide to creating a succesful online game using a wireless router. Tried everything above, as much as i could make sense off and still not working!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It be hard to create a step by step guide using a wireless router, there must be 100+ different routers on the market each with there own setup.

If you can't find your exact router using the port forward website try and look for a similar model and use the guide for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by a31632:

Hi, my friend and I started a new network game (both using 8.0.1 beta) in FM 2008. For me, the host, gamespeed is perfect, for my friend who logs in to my server gamespeed is very slow (loading player profiles takes about 55 seconds each time!). Before we played FM 2006 and we didn't have any problems. We have no problems connecting and/or other issues, only the "speed" issue. Can anybody tell me how to solve this? Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem. Its alright when you play over LAN but over the net it goes slow for the person/s connecting to the server.

My hardware and Internet speed (13mb) are more then enough for this game.

If you read the opening post of this topic there is a dedicated website for wireless routers. You pick your router for the list and then follow the guide for Football Manager and once you have done that you are good to go.

It could not be much simpler than that. icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powlay:

has he updated his network and graphic card drivers? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Every thing is updated. I have even hosted the game and still the same. I'll try turning of the pictures etc on both machines later or tomorrow. Pings between all machine are excellent.

Just look at the FAQ thread, tells you exactly what you need to do?

Now time to give something back to yourself after your nice post about your forum.

If you do not know how to setup your own network at home, you should have thought about it before buying the equipment that you have, ie. Wireless router.

Although modern technology is a fine thing, it appears that you did not read the opening post in this thread, which just makes the points clear made by regulars and mods of the forums in your Thread, that quite clearly, people just want want want and spam spam spam the forum.

If you are having problems with your home network then you are better off visiting the manufacturer website of the equipment that YOU have purchased, this is entirely your own responsibility if its not working the way that you want it to do.

So please, in future, read the information that people of the forum have given, they spend their own free time helping people and none of us have to help but we do as its the game we love, so some kind of appreciation would be welcomed for the hard efforts that people have gone to.

Just a little bit of reading can go a long way, if you dont understand something, then say what it is instead of just asking for a full complete step by step guide. As that, just tells us you cannot be bothered and then, we can not be bothered to help you either.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SS Vanan:

It says that everyone needs to have the same database - does that mean you have to have the weegie update to play if the host uses it, or do you just have to have the same version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It best that you all run then same database as well as the same patch. Using a different database to host brings a problem with the matches i.e. you watch your game and win, come to the news and your found out your actually lost 3-1.

So in short if your using a different database than the host your will be able to connect but I would recommend you all use the same

Me and my m8 r trying to have a network game...we have both done everything in the manuel for Football Manager 08...but still we have problems saying that we are unable to connect...any possible ideas..coz im all out..cheers

Operating system? Vista

Service packs installed? -

Net connection? up to 10meg

ISP? Virgin

Router involved? netgear wgt624 v3 - forwarded ports to my IP but still can't get through according to canyouseeme. Anti virus software? AVG

Firewall software? Vista's own

help!!! Can't see why it's not letting me through at all. forwarded ports. closed antivirus and turned off firewall.

i can join games, just can't host.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wallis343:

Me and my m8 r trying to have a network game...we have both done everything in the manuel for Football Manager 08...but still we have problems saying that we are unable to connect...any possible ideas..coz im all out..cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Firstly congratulations on finding the help thread.

Secondsly stop the stipid text chat, its mate, not m8. and are, not r etc etc.

Thirdly, have a look at the FAQ and it will show you the staps to make and have others connect or connect to a game. And if that doesnt work then post in this thread in the way shown on page 1.

Simple really...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wallis343:

Me and my m8 r trying to have a network game...we have both done everything in the manuel for Football Manager 08...but still we have problems saying that we are unable to connect...any possible ideas..coz im all out..cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

YOu could use hamachi.

First download it then have a quick read of the setup guide.

Once installed input the Hamachi Ip's (yours/your friends) into you firewall. Configure router with hamachi if you need to.

One "host as server" the other "joins" game using the hamachi ip.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu1892:

Can't find anything to help me. Surely someone can give me an idea. Really ****ing me off icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you forwarded the correct ports, who is hosting, you have not given any details.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Powlay:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stu1892:

Can't find anything to help me. Surely someone can give me an idea. Really ****ing me off icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you forwarded the correct ports, who is hosting, you have not given any details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im blind excuse me icon_biggrin.gif

AVG can be annoying at times, even when its off it totally isnt off.

Morning all...

Bit of a newcomer to online play, and have a couple of basic questions if someone would be kind enough to help.

Q1 - I'm going to create an online game from me and my bro, and was wandering. He hasn't downloaded any graphics for his game, and looks like a poor relation of mine. If I am the host, and he signs into my game, would he then see my graphics? Or will he have to download them himself?

Q2 - I understand how to create the game (i.e - untick the "move matches for tv" option). However, will I be able to create a seperate, non-online game where I can keep this option? Are the preferences definable by each individual game, or will that be the default for every game on my computer once they are set?

Thanks all for any help.

Gaz.

Q. "How do I regain control of my team?"

A. "Left click on your name or team and a pop up should appear - resume control of team x."

play LAN game with my friend.

When I tried to join his savegame, i can't regain my team. I'm being identified as "new employment"..

n then when I left click on my name or my team, there's no pop-up appear.. plz help me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thenaturepig:

Morning all...

Bit of a newcomer to online play, and have a couple of basic questions if someone would be kind enough to help.

Q1 - I'm going to create an online game from me and my bro, and was wandering. He hasn't downloaded any graphics for his game, and looks like a poor relation of mine. If I am the host, and he signs into my game, would he then see my graphics? Or will he have to download them himself?

Q2 - I understand how to create the game (i.e - untick the "move matches for tv" option). However, will I be able to create a seperate, non-online game where I can keep this option? Are the preferences definable by each individual game, or will that be the default for every game on my computer once they are set?

Thanks all for any help.

Gaz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. He won't see your graphics he would have to download them himself.

2. Yes you can create a seperate game where you can untick move matches for tv. The preferences can be adjusted from game to game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Addie85:

Q. "How do I regain control of my team?"

A. "Left click on your name or team and a pop up should appear - resume control of team x."

play LAN game with my friend.

When I tried to join his savegame, i can't regain my team. I'm being identified as "new employment"..

n then when I left click on my name or my team, there's no pop-up appear.. plz help me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Before you left the game did yous et your holiday options? If not get the host to regain host of your time, set your holiday options and then quit. Then you can rejoin the game.

Please do not post in text speak either, it's irritating for most users on this board and we have users whom english is not their first language so please post in the proper english in future.

it cant be the internet as im connectin, when the host clicks continue the timer comes on my end so the connection is grand, its just tat i cant pass the screen to take a job over or go onto anyscreen, even tho on my brothers end it has im connected and im unemployed..

anyone wit this problem and managed to fix it, let us kno thanks??

guyatt

right im playing in the otf big league game but im having trouble connecting i get this message

"server you are trying to connect is running a incompatable version of the game

please pick another one"

any suggestions im fully patched up too

thanks

I am the server of an online fm game between me and my mate but he is having problems re-connecting to the server after i save it. He typed in the ip but when he joined instead of him being the manager of everton(the club he started with), he becomes unemployed and when you click game status it says "new client connected" and his previous name is shown as unconnected. Please help

I am the server of an online fm game between me and my mate but he is having problems re-connecting to the server after i save it. He typed in the ip but when he joined instead of him being the manager of everton(the club he started with), he becomes unemployed and when you click game status it says "new client connected" and his previous name is shown as unconnected. Please help

Fast Connection / Virgin Media

No Router, No AntiV and No Firewall.

I am hosting. Mate has same version, same database, move matches declicked. We've done everything we can think of or find in this forum.

Problem: when he connects he shows up as new client on my (host) PC, but his PC just freezes and doesn't seem to connect.

Please help, this is incredibly frustrating.

*Both Have FM08 8.0.1

My 'Server Number is 8.0.1 122566

his is different (8.0.1 the same, other 6 numbers are changed). When we try to connect (he is host) it says 'Incompatable Server'.

How is this possible? Why cant we play a linked game.

(I am on mac, him PC but serpico told me this shouldnt be an issue)

ArticMonkey - Read the opening post of this topic and your answer is there.

Markyboirfc - Read the opening post of this topic as all the information is there. You really should have read it before posting but hey judging for your posts in this forum already you don't seem to want to read anything.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

*Both Have FM08 8.0.1

his is different (8.0.1 the same, other 6 numbers are changed). When we try to connect (he is host) it says 'Incompatable Server'.

(I am on mac, him PC but serpico told me this shouldnt be an issue) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i`ve known other players all have the same version i.e 7.0.1 124565 or whatever number it was but we managed to play online ok

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RDXCougar8173:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NepentheZ:

*Both Have FM08 8.0.1

(I am on mac, him PC but serpico told me this shouldnt be an issue) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i`ve known other players all have the same version i.e 7.0.1 124565 or whatever number it was but we managed to play online ok </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But why is it a different number? for FM07 i had MAc, he had PC, but the game run fine over the net... but now nothing. I would like it if i could have some actual help from someone who knows why its like this. I dont ask for much on these forums, so one or two things cant hurt.!

Post in the wrong forum and you get slapped down within 20secs.

Post in the correct forum and you get nothing?

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE OFFER HELP?

My above post is in correct forum, in correct format with as much info as I know.

right ok, this is my problem. me and bro can play fine and dandy. but when we stop, when he rejoins the game he does so as a untitled user and not the player he should join as. any help?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numsig:

My above post is in correct forum, in correct format with as much info as I know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

now i dont know this for sure, but it would seem that he is getting on to the game fine. its just his pc or internet thats just rubbish

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jangobob:

right ok, this is my problem. me and bro can play fine and dandy. but when we stop, when he rejoins the game he does so as a untitled user and not the player he should join as. any help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Been answered a million times if he clicks on not connected next to his name it will prompt him if he would like to rejoin.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by numsig:

My above post is in correct forum, in correct format with as much info as I know. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have posted at 6.40pm today and you expect an instant reply? People have lives, families etc, we help out where we can, posting in our own free time as we love this game.

I think you should be a little more patient and someone may help you if they know what the problem could be.

Love the way you ignore me icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have no ideas at the moment as to what your problem could be. icon_frown.gif

Archived