FMO Help Thread - Ask All Your Questions In Here!!!!

Andy H

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kainsng:

Within a LAN, with a computer using win xp and another one using vista, both using the same database and version of football manager. I had also made exception and allowed football manger through my firewall.However, i could not get it to work. Wat is the most possible problem?

Thanks in advance for any solutions and comments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you forwarded ports for your router?

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mightyspur:

No, both are PCs. I am confused as to why this message keeps coming up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The only other explanation I have is that you are not using the same patch or you have edited the database on one of the machines. Or you need to have both discs in each of the computers when playing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kainsng:

Within a LAN, with a computer using win xp and another one using vista, both using the same database and version of football manager. I had also made exception and allowed football manger through my firewall.However, i could not get it to work. Wat is the most possible problem?

Thanks in advance for any solutions and comments. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im having this very same problem,

can anyone shed any light? thanks!

Please can somebody help me, I used to be able to play online whilst my internet provider was BT, however, ever since I changed my service provider to Orange, the IP address is now two numbers long & will not let anybody else join. I understand that the host should give out the second number, this still isn't working!

I have read the FAQ at the start but couldn't really understand it! Sorry. What can I do?? Thanks alot.

I don't know what router I have. I know that the brand is Netgear (because it says it on it) but I have no clue other than that.

I cannot find a manual and it came free when we got our Sky Broadband internet set up.

If I find out what it is, then how do I forward the ports to be able to play (and what ports?)

Tommybhoy - You need to forward the ports on your router to allow FM.

Alan BO - Read the FAQ, it's in the forum header.

Mart.Sadler - You need to forward your ports on your router to allow FM. Use the link to a website on page one of this topic.

daniboyboy - You have provided a screenshot but no information on your set up etc for people to help you. You should be constructing your post like the example given on page one of this topic.

Daniel Foster - You go to page one of this topic. There is a link to a website that helps you forward your ports.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ~Barnsey~:

Can Someone Help me please i dont have a Clue how to join a Game with Online Players icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the information you need is in our FAQ stickied at the top of this forum.

Operating System - Windows XP

Service Pack - my default - Service Pack 2

Net connection - Yes, broadband 8mb i think

ISP - PlusNet

Router - Netgear DG834G

Anti virus software - AVG free edition

Firewall software - Not sure about this, are there any ways of checking?

I used hamachi on fm07 and it worked, doesn't seem to want to on fm08. I did download a different version of hamachi with logmein so it might be that.

Any help really appreciated, thank you.

Alrighty.

We were fine before Christmas, the host used Windows XP, and everyone in the clan could connect fine. However, over Christmas, the host has got a new PC running Windows Vista, and this seems to have caused some problems.

We can all connect to the host, but from there onwards there are a variety of problems. One person gets kicked every few minutes, a couple of others get kicked whenever they try to change tactics, others get long pauses where the game freezes when trying to move screens - it's very strange.

Any ideas please?

Note, the computer has changed as has the Operating System, but other than that, router configuration and so on is all the same.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davie_89:

Hi.

My friend can't access his router. It's says access denied when he puts in admin and the password for it. He has to forward his ports and ge access it to do it. Any help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is his router make & model? Not alot we can do without that other then say try again icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

different type of problem here. We have an online game going, one of the players was kicked out, but had used a password for his team. This basically means we can't remove him from the game. Is there anyway we can get rid of him from the game without his password? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The host can log on to his team, using the password 'sportsinteractive' icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AsherDSSc:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by neil220779:

different type of problem here. We have an online game going, one of the players was kicked out, but had used a password for his team. This basically means we can't remove him from the game. Is there anyway we can get rid of him from the game without his password? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The host can log on to his team, using the password 'sportsinteractive' icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cheers, I'll let him know

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ~Barnsey~:

Just Looked at the clan advertiser thread but it does not say what you do when you find a league that you to join.

Can any one help? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You post your details in the player listings or contact the host of the game via their profile.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Davie_89:

The router code worked and we have portforwarded them both but we still can't disconnect and we have both got firewalls to accept FM2008 but its still not working, Any help again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoever is hosting has to portforward for their internal IP. It is usually 192.168.0. or along those lines. There is a link to a website on page one of this topic to help you.

I'm tring to set up a network game on football manager 2008 with a mate of mine with me being the server. My PC is a Wimdow XP Media centre edition and my mates is a Windows vista. and my mate cannot cennect to my game. We both have the latest patch installed on out PCs and my run as server box is ticked from the opions menu. Is it something to do the firewall?

If is it does anybody so how do you set up the firewall on both PC's?

Hello.

I'd like some help in joining and hosting a network game if possible please.

My friend is hosting. He runs windows XP with service pack 2 and has changed his port forwarding thingy. It was quite complicated. He has a BT home hub and at the end it asks for the device to be forwarded to. We presumed it was to me (the joiner) so we put in my I.P. address as asked.

I understand that as a joiner of a game I dont have to have my ports forwarded.

I run Mac OSX 10.4.11.

When he starts a game with the "run as server" enabled I load up the main game and go to network game. He does not show up under local servers and when I go to join other server and put in his I.P. address it always comes back as "unable to connect to server".

Can anyone help?

What are we doing wrong?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Open command prompt (start > programs > accessories) & then type ipconfig. After you press enter you'll be met with your various IP addresses, IP Address should be your internal, Default Gateway should be your router address.

To find your external IP goto www.whatismyip.org </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Cheers Spurs 1979. Ozzy and I are trying to get our game going again (on fm07 or fm08, neither will work).

Just another question, sorry. What is the relevance of the internal IP address? Should he be giving me that IP address to connect to (as he is the host) or is there another use for it? Which IP address should he be giving me, the one from the link there?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fredheim_holm:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spurs1979:

Open command prompt (start > programs > accessories) & then type ipconfig. After you press enter you'll be met with your various IP addresses, IP Address should be your internal, Default Gateway should be your router address.

To find your external IP goto www.whatismyip.org </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Cheers Spurs 1979. Ozzy and I are trying to get our game going again (on fm07 or fm08, neither will work).

Just another question, sorry. What is the relevance of the internal IP address? Should he be giving me that IP address to connect to (as he is the host) or is there another use for it? Which IP address should he be giving me, the one from the link there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Basically with routers now taking over from modems the easier way to explain that would be that your external IP is that which websites, people & games etc will contact with each via. That is your internet connections address on the WWW.

Your routers IP is simply where you configure it to allow communication between people outside of your own personal network & your network via commands to send the data traffic to the specific pc on your network.

Your internal IP is given to each pc connected to your router, it is pre-defined & nobody can connect to you via that internal IP as it means nothing on the WWW. With so many routers being sold the internal IP address is re-hashed throusands & thousands of times but it's only relevent on the specific network it was assigned.

Summing that up, your external IP is how you let people connect to you & by assigning your router to send the FM traffic to your specific PC via your internal IP you can host a game.

This is true not just for FM but for all programs which want to have a direct connection to your pc via a router, people often get mistaken that it's only FM that does this when in reality it isn't but it's just people rarely use such programs other then for file sharing so never experience this.

Once again you give the people who want to connect your external IP, you port forward on your routers config panel to forward the data ports to your internal IP, thats the only time you need to use your internal IP so it knows where to be sending the data packets.

Good luck, unfortunately 9/10 times when people come to this thread & say they've done everything but it doesnt work in reality they've done it wrong & that's the main reason why it doesn't work. Without sitting in front of someone's PC it's a bit hard but to trust they're doing the port forwarding right.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pynghsbnd:

Anyone.

Any questions about what i just said then feel free to ask.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Have you done your port forwarding for your router? In a hurry so only read the last post quickly which suggests you haven't in which case you should goto the opening post of this thread, find your router make/model on the portforwarding website & follow the instructions.

Let us know how that goes in reguards to that icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanielM_90:

I wanna get into online games again but since ive got a wireless connection now nobody can join my games and vice versa.

Is there anything i can do in order for me to host or join another game?

Any help will be appreciated icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try fowarding your ports bud(see below)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also relating to your firewall, it is possible to “forward†ports on your router to enable FM to communicate, please note, there are many different types of modems/routers out there on the market and they all function differently too, however, if you require some more information about Port Forwarding, then please visit the following website : http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and look for your modem in the list. The ports that require forwarding are 10093 and 10094. (Please consult your Modem/Router manual if unsure. It is your own responsibility to forward ports)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and config your firewall to allow FM.EXE.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by alex4535435: </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

have your (internet WAN)Connection type, set to Dynamic.

ports.PNG

then do the same in the two lines below but change the 10094 to 10093.

If your game on status page(fm2008) tells you 192.168.2.136 then fill in 136 into the private IP address.

I've also set my lease time(can be found in the LAN Settings) to forever so my private IP address never changes.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stabwest:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DanielM_90:

I wanna get into online games again but since ive got a wireless connection now nobody can join my games and vice versa.

Is there anything i can do in order for me to host or join another game?

Any help will be appreciated icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

try fowarding your ports bud(see below)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also relating to your firewall, it is possible to “forward†ports on your router to enable FM to communicate, please note, there are many different types of modems/routers out there on the market and they all function differently too, however, if you require some more information about Port Forwarding, then please visit the following website : http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm and look for your modem in the list. The ports that require forwarding are 10093 and 10094. (Please consult your Modem/Router manual if unsure. It is your own responsibility to forward ports)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

and config your firewall to allow FM.EXE. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for taking the time to help icon14.gif

But i don't really understand any of that as too advance for me and i had a look at the website and pretty much same thing.

Daniel, I fully understand that it looks very daunting when you first look at the router control panel & easily worry you that you'll do something wrong if you follow the guide for your specific router it can be very easy.

If you want I'll talk you through step by step on MSN & we can try to get it sorted for you, my msn is in my profile so feel free to add me & hopefully we can get it sorted.

If not then perhaps ask a friend or family member to have a look & see if they understand it better?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">ave your (internet WAN)Connection type, set to Dynamic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not my internet connection so I dont really want to play around with this, is it essential?

I share this network with my family therefore its set as - PPPoA(Routing Mode, for multiple PCs)

Archived