FMO Help Thread - Ask All Your Questions In Here!!!!

Andy H

Thank you for your comments and you may be finished but I am not finished yet.

Im annoyed that you still not reading what Ive written.

It is not my job to tell you what you have to do in life, are you telling me that you have no initiative of your own? You have have not just "perhaps" overlooked, YOU HAVE overlooked the other forums available to you within this community and just because we have a help thread in this forum you thought your chances were high in getting a reply, obviously, the Moderators job is to moderate the forum, that may or may not include helping each individual user with their Computer Game product or Home Network, especially in a forum which does not anywhere in its description relate to being a Support Forum does not mean you are automatically going to get help cos there is a help thread!

"will try and help you with your FM issues when trying to play online" is what it says in the opening post of this thread. This thread already states we will try, we cant guarantee and never have done.

The long and the short of the matter is, you tried to make points about this thread and the forum and its moderators and the further we have discussed the matter, the more we are getting to the truth of the matter that there is no support evidence to any claims that where made by yourselfs apart from the fact that you yourself have "overlooked" things, which tells us, we are all human beings and seem to "overlook" things now and again and should use our own initiative when things arnt moving into the direction in which we would like it.

The moderators of the FMO Forum are here to moderate the FMO Forum, that does not mean they are here to help everyone who has a problem with their game, we have a help thread in which mods as well as Regulars of the forum can come together to help people who do have problems, we do not always have a solution and it is done to try and help people resolve problems, if they need an answer urgently then it is recommend and should without a doubt be a first point of call is the support forums for PC and MAC alike.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I am thinking of running a network game in the office (its very quiet here before xmas!!) and i was wondering if someone can answer a couple of questions.

- can i install FM on the office server and run it off there for 3 people?

- can i use just one copy of the game off the server for everyone?

Any other tips?

Cheers!

Jimbo

The first part I am assuming you're referring to a dedicated server that you all connect to? If so they've proven troublesome in the past so I wouldn't advise it. If you are all on the same network within the office then you may find each other automatically once one person runs there copy as server. If not then try to setup a LAN & connect all computers together that way via router or cables.

The 2nd part is easier, every person needs a copy of FM08, that includes the server & the client players.

Yes one of you will have to go into the preferences & tick the "run as server" box. He will then "Host" the game with the rest of you connecting to him via the network option from the main menu.

If you can't see him on the LAN list then use his ip to connect, he can get that from www.whatismyip.com & you simply type that in & press enter.

You may need to forward the ports on the router but hopefully that won't be needed if you're connecting all via the same connection.

hi!

i have wireless internet on my PC and am having some trouble setting up a network on which me and my frends can play on. i have set up a static ip adress and that has not worked either. it just says unable to connect server. any ideas on how to fix this problem?

cheers!

Operating system? XP

Service packs installed? SP2

Net connection? 8Mb

ISP? Sky

Router involved? Netgear

Anti virus software? none

Firewall software? Windows

Tried to host a game with my mate, both using the same as above. Have tried 'join other server' as the second ip address on football manager and the game closes and a pop-up comes down sayin 'unable to connect to network'.

My mate tried to host and the same happened.

Has anyone got any ideas of what this might be?! We are desperatly needing to start a online network game. As Xbox 360 version isnt out till March! therefore no live play!!!

please message any help back that would be relivant.

hi again. i really don't understand this port fowarding so if u can pleaseee tel me how to forward ports to play FM08 online on a netgear DG834GT it will be very appreciated. pleasee help.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solkar2:

hi again. i really don't understand this port fowarding so if u can pleaseee tel me how to forward ports to play FM08 online on a netgear DG834GT it will be very appreciated. pleasee help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Take a look here Solkar2.

It will tell you have to setup your router to play FM online.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by solkar2:

when i connect to my friends server, it shows everyones status as playing but my status is not connected. how do i resume playing? help pleaseeeee </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats an easy one, click on the "not connected" next to your name.

Hi i try and play online with my mate but lately i get booted alot from the game , cannot stay on the game for more then 1 minute im sorry if this has been asked before i did do a search but could not find a thread about this. i use Hamachi as i cannot online without it for some reason is it Hamachi? or something else maybe because it is really annoying and i need some help and advice so i can fix it i have the patch 8.0.1 by the way.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jimbogreen:

spurs thanks for your help!!

one last question - if i edit the database, and start the game as the server will the editions appear on the other players pc's?

we cant all agree on which teams to manage so i'm promoting plymouth to the prem!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would strongly advise against using edited databases but if you do wish to then make sure everyone has exactly the same edited database just to avoid any problems that may occur because of this.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PSJMcNeill:

does hamachi work with fm08? me and my friend played fm07 all the time on it now it 09 won't show the game in the menu and won't connect even if we go through ip address!! Any ideas?? its really annoyin me!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey so can hamachi work>?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SEONG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PSJMcNeill:

does hamachi work with fm08? me and my friend played fm07 all the time on it now it 09 won't show the game in the menu and won't connect even if we go through ip address!! Any ideas?? its really annoyin me!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

hey so can hamachi work>? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tried reading the Hamachi website about the product they are supplying?

Please do not post your email address, its against forum rules.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F_Torres9:

Hi i try and play online with my mate but lately i get booted alot from the game , cannot stay on the game for more then 1 minute im sorry if this has been asked before i did do a search but could not find a thread about this. i use Hamachi as i cannot online without it for some reason is it Hamachi? or something else maybe because it is really annoying and i need some help and advice so i can fix it i have the patch 8.0.1 by the way. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would suggest looking at the Hamachi website for details.

Alright i've got a problem with joining or hosting another network match on football manager 08. I've been given advice to foward my ports. My modem is Speedtouch 330 Thomson but i can't find how to foward my ports. And someone else told me you can't foward ports on a modem if so do you have any other ideas how to fix the problem?

Thanks

Can anyone please reply?

Me and my friend are having trouble connecting to each others computers. It worked fine before the patch but ever since we installed the first beta patch it stopped working, we now have the full 8.0.1 patch.

Operating system: We both have windows xp

Service packs installed: We both have Service Pack 2

Net connection: Don't know

ISP: Don't know

Router involved: I have a router, he hasn't

Anti virus software: Norton(both)

Firewall software: Norton(both)

Thankful for any help

Operating system? XP

Net connection? 8Mb

ISP? Sky

Router involved? Netgear

Anti virus software? none

Firewall software? Windows

Still a problem "Unable to connect to Server". I have forward my ports on my pc and my mates pc but still can not connect. I think this maybe due to the NAT rules. I have not done anything with this, as I am unsure of what this is.

Please if anyone can help, it will be much appriciated!!!

F_Torres9 - I have never used Hamachi so I really do not know how the programme works.

Utd4lyf - Ports are for routers, if you only have a modem you do not need to forward any ports. If you have any firewalls then you will have to configure them to allow FM.

provoke - Providing everything is set up properly then I don't see why not.

Nilsson - Reforward your ports and see if that helps. Make sure all firewalls you have are configured.

internet_andy - I think the NAT rules is just another name for firewall rules but not 100% sure.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by prince_capri:

Hey Andy, just a few questions:

1. I wish to start up a new clan. Is it essential to have a website?

2. If it is, are there any resources online which could help one to do so?

3. Any other advice about starting a clan would be great!

Thanks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. No it's not essential but can help with communication to all clan members about times, changes etc.

2. Not sure as I am clueless myself about web design so best thing to do is get someone in your clan who can do all that stuff. icon_biggrin.gif

3. Set times in which you play at are essential, rules for the clan are essential, start out with a few players to see how the game runs, how stable it is etc. Be very choosy who you pick as some turn up for one session the never return and for me that is the single most annoying thing about playing online. People must show commitment when playing online.

Operating system: Windows XP

Service packs installed?

Net connection : 2MB

ISP: Telewest Broadband

Router involved: Netgear WGT624 v2

Anti virus software: McAfee

Firewall software: McAfee

Trying to set up a network game, and have forwarded both ports on my router, although when I check on a website, it says that port 10093 is not open (there is no problem with port 10094)

I don't know what is blocking port 10093.

Any ideas

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by leighdegree:

hello

me and a friend are playing a net game but he keeps getting disconnected every often, what is there to do to stop this from happening, im only running msn aswell as FM, so i dont get it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its not just what you are running but what he is also, its possible that for example, a firewall, is causing you the problems, I would suggest going through all the security settings and check if there is anything out of the ordinary or set too high.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by prince_capri:

Another question Andy, if I may:

I am still engrossed in FM07; and I see that there are not many people around who wish to play FM07 still. Do you reckon its a good idea starting a clan/group for FM07, or is FM08 the way forward? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I couldnt see a problem with it, but as said, it may be difficult to get players.

As always with a new version of a game, it doesnt take long before the majority have "upgraded" but im sure there are still plenty of people out there who still prefer playing 07.

I can only suggest having a go and trying, worst case, you get no interest.

Operating system? Windows Xp

Net connection? Cable

ISP? U-want (http://www.u-want.com/internet_packages.html)

Router involved? Most likely

Anti virus software? kaspersky

Firewall software? kaspersky

I'm at uni staying in halls and am unable to start a network game with the guys in my flat. As far as we can tell we're not linked together in any kind of network but can't get a game to work through the net either, it's likely the halls have a router but it isn't known which one in order to allow for port forwarding. When one of us run the game as a server and the others try to connect we receive the "unable to connect the server" message. Finally we have two IP addresses when running as a server so i'm assuming yes we are going through a router. Anyone got any ideas as to what we can do?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KingMike:

Operating system: Windows XP

Service packs installed?

Net connection : 2MB

ISP: Telewest Broadband

Router involved: Netgear WGT624 v2

Anti virus software: McAfee

Firewall software: McAfee

Trying to set up a network game, and have forwarded both ports on my router, although when I check on a website, it says that port 10093 is not open (there is no problem with port 10094)

I don't know what is blocking port 10093.

Any ideas </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What website did you check to find out 10093 is blocked?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy H:

F_Torres9 - I have never used Hamachi so I really do not know how the programme works.

Utd4lyf - Ports are for routers, if you only have a modem you do not need to forward any ports. If you have any firewalls then you will have to configure them to allow FM.

provoke - Providing everything is set up properly then I don't see why not.

Nilsson - Reforward your ports and see if that helps. Make sure all firewalls you have are configured.

internet_andy - I think the NAT rules is just another name for firewall rules but not 100% sure. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It didn't help icon_frown.gif And as far as I understand my firewall is correctly configured. Any other tips or do I have to re-install without the patchicon_frown.gif

Andy, you keep saying the same thing.

think everyone you need to know is in the first post. clearly bl***y not! otherwise they wouldnt post. its not as simple as you think itis mate. ive tried everything the post says and it still aint working. ANDY: THINK YOU WILL FIND READING THE FIRST POST WILL HELP. well i think you will find your a twat.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kisishev:

Andy, you keep saying the same thing.

think everyone you need to know is in the first post. clearly bl***y not! otherwise they wouldnt post. its not as simple as you think itis mate. ive tried everything the post says and it still aint working. ANDY: THINK YOU WILL FIND READING THE FIRST POST WILL HELP. well i think you will find your a twat. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats funny I don't see me saying the same thing over and over again. You'll find most problems with routers I will direct them to the first post as the website has a guide on how to forward ports to help them. So instead of throwing abuse at me why not actually read my posts in this thread as quite clearly you have not done that.

Anyway any more abuse and you will have your posting rights removed so have a yellow card for your nonsense. icon14.gif

Operating system? Vista is mine and my Brothers is XP

Service packs installed? No..

Net connection? 8Mb

ISP? Mine is talk talk and my Bros is Sky

Router involved? Only mine, ZyXell P660HW-T1

Anti virus software? McAfee on both

Firewall software? McAfree

I've set up my router as advised and it doesn't matter who runs as server all we keep getting is "Unable to Connect to Server" both of us!! It's really getting annoying now. Can anyone help us out...PLEASE!!

We've also tried turning off our firewalls, added our IP's as trusted ip's etc. Just really running out of idea's here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by robertodibaggio:

What do I do if my netgear isn't listed in the Port forwarding website. Mine is DG934G, it only go's to DG834G on the site? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The control panel should be similar, maybe a few words are different but the idea around it should be very similar.

First things first make sure you connect to the control panel, if you can't then ask back, if you can but get stuck perhaps upload some screenshots explaining what you need help with so we can look & have a better clue.

Without being sat at your pc it's very hard to help as we may never have seen the router ourselves before.

Archived