Cruijff's Total Voetbal 4-3-3

What is the tactic's philosophy?

Short precise passing

Quick tempo and high intense pressing

Free roaming with high creative freedom (10 players attack, 10 players defend, a lot of interchanging)

High defensive line

Wing/Full backs and Wingershug the touchline to maximize the width

The formation

D880A5666F1ED3D3BF2182976C9D80D75706A272

Match training

I personally do 1 week off Team Cohesion and 1 week off Tactics on repeat until the season starts, at this point I put it on balanced , average intensity. For match training I always prefer to use defensive positioning which I highly recommend, I also allow rest before and after matches. Remember to train the players in their individual roles.

Player attributes

Keeper - Just a general solid keeper

Centre-backs - Passing, Composure, Tackling, Positioning etcetera (Agger, Subotic, Williams..)

Wing-backs - Pace, Stamina, Crossing, Tackling etcetera (Walker, Johnson, Angel..)

BWM's - Tackling, Strength, Passing, Stamina etcetera (Dembele, Leiva, Britton..)

Wingers - Pace, Flair, Creativity, Crossing (Dyer, Lennon, Di Maria..)

Complete Forward - Finishing, Heading, Composure etcetera (Cisse, Adebayor, Kwueke..)

Team talks, critical that you use them to description!

All team talks done on assertive

Easy home games - Expect to win

Tough home/away games - For the fans

Lesser opposition away - Relax - Expect to win

Half time if winning - Doing well keep it up

Drawing against lesser opposition - Far from pleased

Drawing against same/better opposition - For the fans , Keep it up

Post match if won - Very pleased , Similar

If drawn, lost against lesser opposition - Not happy

(for away and home and use it at home against good opposition)

If drawn, lost against similar/better opposition away - Unlucky

What success has been achieved with this tactic?

312613d1361354933-cruijffs-4-3-3-total-voetbal-%7C-released-liverpool_-fixtures-schedule.png

311620d1361033884-totaal-voetbal-cruijff-michels-4-3-3-challenge-overview-home-2.png

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7491

Despite doing well with my current tactic in a sense that we normally win, its kind of boring, we don't hold possession well and don't score many goals, although we are super solid at the back. Therefore i'm going to give this tactic a trial run :D I'll come back with results soon.

Awesome, what team are you? and what year are you in?

Awesome, what team are you? and what year are you in?

I'm Inter Milan in second season. I'm not looking for a tactic that wins me every game (although that would be a bonus), as long as it's entertaining and attack minded (the boards choice). I also understand that I may not have the correct players, but if I like the tactic then i'll bring players in to fit into the system.

I thought i'd give you an update straight away. From our first match with a high flying Bologna side, I am very pleased! I've never had such possession dominance in an away match before, even with tactics designed to do so. We won the match 2 - 1 and their goal came from a penalty. So far so good :D Coutinho's goal was amazing, he ran from inside our own half and took everyone on before slotting under the keeper.

I thought i'd give you an update straight away. From our first match with a high flying Bologna side, I am very pleased! I've never had such possession dominance in an away match before, even with tactics designed to do so. We won the match 2 - 1 and their goal came from a penalty. So far so good :D Coutinho's goal was amazing, he ran from inside our own half and took everyone on before slotting under the keeper.

Yeh it surprised me how much possession I was getting in away games, even against teams that am an underdog I tend to get more possession.

Just thought i'd give an update on things, haven't been playing all that much yet but here are the results...

• Bologna (Away) 2 - 1 victory
  • Juve Stabia (Home) 3 - 1 victory
  • Napoli (Away) 3 - 0 victory
  • Cesena (Home) 2 - 0 victory

The Napoli result was simply brilliant, despite the fact they put up more of a fight than the others, I think this tactic might just favour you against more attacking teams. We probably could have scored more, but with the fact that we were playing away and against Napoli, I decided to go with Keep Possession around the 65th minute and see out the game.

People tell you not to expect results straight away, but I think in this case it didn't apply :D

I'll give this a go with my Cardiff side. Results with my main tactic have been decent enough but we just don't create enough chances and hardly ever have 50%+ possession. Hopefully your tactic will improve that. I'll use it for the rest of the season and let you know but your results do look very impressive.

HI i tried your tactic with Atletico Madrid and for me is the best tactic fro the new patch so far i tried....is true that you don't create too much goal opportunities but with Falcao in front everything is easier...anyway I won 1-0 at Home vs Barca and 2-1 vs Real....i'm in middle february and i'm second with Barca 2 points behind Real and still in Europa League, where i make turnover...the only dissapointin result is the loss at home in Copa del Re against Real 1-4 but i had a lot of players tired and injured...keep improving this..you have my support...GG

Some good results at home with this tactic so far but really struggling with it away from home, against both quality (Man U) and mediocre (Wolves, bottom of the table) opposition so am using a different tactic for away games now.

At home, though, have enjoyed far greater possession than I have done before, the best being 70% against lowly Reading and having, I think, 17 shots to their 1.

Looking good so far.

Looking good so far.. Using HSV btw.. didnt buy anybody..1st season. Not so many goals scored but havent let in any either so

Hannover (a) 0-0

Dusseldorf (h) 2-0

Gladbach (a) 0-0

Stuttgart (h) 0-0

Furth (a) 0-1

Schalke (h) 3-0

3rd at the moment.. 3-3-0 For 6 AG 0

In couple of those 0-0 games i got few really good changes to score but just could not get it done.

But yeah.. Looking good so far.. will post update closer to half way of the season. ;D

Hey mate first ''congratz'' for u're Tactic even that I play whit a high level team like Real Madrid is a great one at least for me it is, whit good results and a football destroyer for the team u play against (exactly what I was looking for) here some screenshots:

laligag.png

fixtures1j.png

fixture2.png

fixture3.png

So that's are the results of a full year whit this tactic that i highly recommend. Hope everyone enjoy its.

Great Job mate see ya soon whit new results.

I've been using it for home games against everybody and most of the time it works fine. Away matches, though, still struggling with it against decent sides although it can do well against poorer ones. The only good team it worked against away from home was Chelsea but they are having a miserable season, down in 11th place.

Overall, though, I'm impressed.

Unbeaten in 11 matches now

Finished 5th in the league, down from 4th last season but remember we are only Cardiff and will take a long time to match the likes of Man City, Man U and Arsenal (Chelsea have capitulated and finished 11th this season!); it's only the 3rd season afterall.

Away games we had a shocking run mid-season but I tweaked the tactic a bit for away matches and had slightly better results.

Despite finishing 5th and missing out on the Top 4, we will be in the CL next season because this tactic helped me win the damn competition!!

Thanks for this tactic, really works well in most games.

cardiffwinchampionsleag.jpg

MfT7ZYI.jpg

Finished my first season. Didnt buy anybody. I won German cup aswell.

Overall this is pretty good tactic.. I dont have best players im sure for all positions so i would imagine with better players..better results on those really close games that ended up 1-1 or 2-2.

Started second with another tactic with similar formation but returned to this. :D

Good stuff...recommended

Very impressed with this tactic. It certainly delivers attacking gootball & goals aplenty. The only thing i dont like about is the poor ratings for the wingers but I suppose they are providing all the goals which is why I dont understand the 7.0 ratings most games.

So again thanks for this, Ive got lots of tactics to work but most have kept it tight at the back so its great to have an attacking one to play with and I reccomend anyone who is struggling to try this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It's quite funny that I hit upon basically the same tactic for my Spurs save, with the only real difference being that the middle midfielder was an advanced playmaker and one of the defenders was set to attack. Apart from that just at a glance all of the roles look exactly the same. I can confirm that it is a brilliant tactical style as soon as the fluidity levels are up and that it does seem to work better against bigger teams (Having beaten Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea). Having said that if your players are good enough you'll do well against anyone...

EDIT: Actually one of the wingers was set to attack as well. Just goes to show that sensibly made and balanced tactics are the way to go with this ME.

Archived