Non football costs?

The ingame tooltip states that non football costs refer to the wages paid out to non-football staff.

Who are these non football staff? It surely can't be my backroom staff because I've calculated 120k monthly tops for them in total, but the finances have reflected over 700k a month. Are these more ambiguous elements that we have little to no control of, but depends on the stature and status of our club, I'm guessing eg security, administration, groundskeepers, matchday managers and organisers, and such?

Well you look at what any football club do for their fans that could fall under non football costs:

Charity events

TV programs / webcast

Website maintenance

Local out reach

Other staff salaries such as receptionists, garbage cleaner, someone to fix your training facility, someone to mow the lawn and trim the trees at your training center

Utilities

etc

Depending on the size of your club you'll have:

ground staff - stadium and pitch maintenance

kit staff

general office staff - admin/website etc

players canteen staff

commercial staff - from people who sell advertising to those who work in the club shop/sell match or lottery tickets etc

Bills

Bus driver or bus hire

Matchday hospitality waiting/bar staff

Pie shop staff

Programme sellers...

That's just off the top of my head - It all adds up!

• 1 month later...
Depending on the size of your club you'll have:

ground staff - stadium and pitch maintenance

kit staff

general office staff - admin/website etc

players canteen staff

commercial staff - from people who sell advertising to those who work in the club shop/sell match or lottery tickets etc

Bills

Bus driver or bus hire

Matchday hospitality waiting/bar staff

Pie shop staff

Programme sellers...

That's just off the top of my head - It all adds up!

Ground maintenance is already in another section of outgoings

Travel is already in another section too

A number of those would already be covered in matchday expenses

I would imagine big clubs would contract out catering and such, with a company paying to do business in the stadium

I think it is i crazy the amount of money that goes in to this.

First season as Liverpool i paid 14 mil, now i march of the second season, i have paid 33 mil. Thats just crazy.

33m for non football costs?! Are you Barcelona or something?

It's also stuff any large business has like commercial insurance, gas, water, electric, the phone bill, food, laundry detergent, hotel rooms and travel expenses, expense accounts, office stationary...the cost of a screw to fix a loose seat in the east stand...literally EVERYTHING not directly related to the players on the pitch and the coaches that mange them. That can really start to add up for a large company with lots of employees.

Archived