[FM 13] A good career doesn't need a good title

Karnage94

jBV7lZv.png

Louletano - January

League Games

errHDnv.jpg

A good month again, unbeaten as well which is always good. Lost concentration robbed us of a win over Ribeira Brava as we conceded very late on. Honestly we created enough good chances to win by 3 or 4 but it's not always going to happen. The win over FC Barreirense seen a 4 goal haul for my 16 year old winger Carlos Cajuda, who has established himself as my first choice man on the right despite his age. The Oriental win was pretty routine as was the Benfica B win. Surprisingly weak were the Benfica team and it surprises me that Porto B haven't done as much in the league as they had more established players playing for them.

League Table

KCYMGgX.jpg

Stretched our gap back up to 9 points and with only 9 games to go we are looking very well set to win. If I've understood the rules correctly, the winner of each of the North, Center and South divisions go to a second phase where they play each other twice with the best being the overall winner, but all 3 teams get promoted anyway? It doesn't serve too much of a purpose I feel but it would be nice to try and win overall

What's Next?

Just 3 games next month. Right at the beginning of the month we play Sertanense, then go away to Praiense 2 weeks later and finally Pinhalnovense away to round off the month. I'd expect 3 wins out of 3 but away games are no certainties. We've won all 10 of our home games this season, conceding 1 but away we have only won 5 from 11 with 5 draws, so I wouldn't be surprised if we draw an away game.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jBV7lZv.png

Louletano - February

League Games

CIZocs3.jpg

Short month where we struggled a bit defensively but got a solid month out of it. We needed Daniel Morais to come on as a sub to dig us out of trouble in the win. We played pretty good but at key points lost concentration and gave them goals in each of the 3 games. The game against Pinhalnovense was a different one as throughout the game we looked shaky and did eventually concede our lead.

League Table

CAWAUKe.jpg

Our gap to second is 8 points with 6 games to go. Comfortable enough but just need to be wary from here on out.

What's Next?

Again only 3 matches in March. Home games against Casa Pia and Lousada. Away trip to Maritimo B to round off the month. I'd like to think that the title would be pretty much wrapped up by then :)

Good great guns! :)
Cheers Daz :) I can't promise the same rate of updates as what has happened since I started. I'll be out most of today, then I head back up to Uni tomorrow evening. I hope to get this season finished off tonight and from there I can only wait to see what free time I have. I have a pool tournament the following weekend as well so I need to take whatever free time I have next week to practice if I can. So the next week at the very least will be slow.

Ok just booted up FM and after the latest computer crash I lost the last game of the month as it seems. Not cool. So just that 1 game but instead of doing a new update to show the adjustments of that game, I'll just edit the previous post above.

Thanks Pitalo :) Even though there isn't a huge amount of interest in this I'll keep going because I'm enjoying the save and I enjoy posting updates. Speaking of which, I haven't got through the next month yet but I do have something to show nice and early from it.

[video=youtube;H5zrG0Q0RC0]

I thought this was worth putting in here now. Take that Becks! :D

Keep it going buddy!

Im thrilled to have found someone doing the exact same thing as me.

I started a journeyman career when I finally got round to installing FM13 Xmas day. Now with a lively 1 year old and full time job I can only dream of zooming to the year 2035 like many people on this site do. (im jealous). But upon starting exactly like you did I also got offered the Havant job which I decided to take instead of overseas jobs. Loving the save. Got promoted first season (via playoffs) and currently midtable in conference National.

Your doing perfectly well so I wont try and tell you how you should do things as your results show. I will however offer advice and hopefully recieve some back lol!

In my save Sam Pearce also did consistently well rating wise, despite IMO not being one of the best Centre backs at my disposal. How has Nanetti done for you? First season (when fit) he did really well for me in my attacking left wing placing. Plenty of assists where as Taggart was average at best for me (before I let him go in the summer).

Ive not got alot of experience on FM games managing in the lowest playable league in england so working with players on part time contracts was a new experience for me. Made life quite easy at time as with all the part time and non contract term players floating around it made life a little easier on the wealer dealer front. The size of the squad was something I had to address as well as with the amount of games and poor fitness players were getting jaded for me after only 12 games!

Finding players who would join without breaking the bank was hard. As everyone who was better than what I already had, typically wanted money around £800 p/w mark which was simply too high and I only offered to a select few. Loans were certainly the way forward where possible but even decent loans were tricky to find.

Few players ive come accross that helped me in the blue square south.(off memory as at work currently)

David Lynch, a decent young central midfielder.

Ryan Woods, yet another good Central midfielder.

Carel Tiofack (spelling? tricky to say without being at my laptop lol)

Since getting into the blue square national ive found quality players easier to come by on free's and loans. Just getting out of that division that proves tricky. I only just made playoffs at the very end of the season.

Good to hear back on anything you've found interesting and I may have missed etc.

Keep it going buddy!

Im thrilled to have found someone doing the exact same thing as me.

I started a journeyman career when I finally got round to installing FM13 Xmas day. Now with a lively 1 year old and full time job I can only dream of zooming to the year 2035 like many people on this site do. (im jealous). But upon starting exactly like you did I also got offered the Havant job which I decided to take instead of overseas jobs. Loving the save. Got promoted first season (via playoffs) and currently midtable in conference National.

Your doing perfectly well so I wont try and tell you how you should do things as your results show. I will however offer advice and hopefully recieve some back lol!

In my save Sam Pearce also did consistently well rating wise, despite IMO not being one of the best Centre backs at my disposal. How has Nanetti done for you? First season (when fit) he did really well for me in my attacking left wing placing. Plenty of assists where as Taggart was average at best for me (before I let him go in the summer).

Ive not got alot of experience on FM games managing in the lowest playable league in england so working with players on part time contracts was a new experience for me. Made life quite easy at time as with all the part time and non contract term players floating around it made life a little easier on the wealer dealer front. The size of the squad was something I had to address as well as with the amount of games and poor fitness players were getting jaded for me after only 12 games!

Finding players who would join without breaking the bank was hard. As everyone who was better than what I already had, typically wanted money around £800 p/w mark which was simply too high and I only offered to a select few. Loans were certainly the way forward where possible but even decent loans were tricky to find.

Few players ive come accross that helped me in the blue square south.(off memory as at work currently)

David Lynch, a decent young central midfielder.

Ryan Woods, yet another good Central midfielder.

Carel Tiofack (spelling? tricky to say without being at my laptop lol)

Since getting into the blue square national ive found quality players easier to come by on free's and loans. Just getting out of that division that proves tricky. I only just made playoffs at the very end of the season.

Good to hear back on anything you've found interesting and I may have missed etc.

Thanks for the feedback, but I'm long gone from Havant :p Nanetti was ocassionally very good but often lacked the final ball quality, which Taggart did provide even though he couldn't sprint past my own Granny.Loans absolutely are your friend that far down but it is a struggle to get really good players in.

I have very few tips to give as I didn't do anything special in my time there. What I did find is that if you have an extra man in midfield, at that level do whatever you can to destroy a midfield 2, especially in a 4-4-2. In my really good run of games in the first season I put all of the OI's on the opposition midfield pair and for I think 4 games straight the opposition didn't even get a shot on target, which was really impressive.

Now that I've moved to Portugal, I found it much easier to get players as I had a few Brazilians to choose from as well. They added some much needed all round quality to the squad. I haven't played any further than where the update is at due to a lack of a functioning computer for a bit and it's my first week back to uni, also I have a pool tournament at the weekend to practice for. So for the rest of this week, FM is very much on the back burner

haha! I replied without reading ahead as didnt want anything spoilt! Shame you've left havant but can understand why. Money is non-existent, Stadia is non-existent, an generally I only think theres so far even the best manager can take them.Im only a season and a half in and already longing for that stage where your linked with every higher placed club going. Though like you I fancy going abroad as well.

Did you let your contract run out and leave or did you apply for a new club?

• 2 weeks later...
haha! I replied without reading ahead as didnt want anything spoilt! Shame you've left havant but can understand why. Money is non-existent, Stadia is non-existent, an generally I only think theres so far even the best manager can take them.Im only a season and a half in and already longing for that stage where your linked with every higher placed club going. Though like you I fancy going abroad as well.

Did you let your contract run out and leave or did you apply for a new club?

I honestly felt that if I didn't get promoted at that point I was definitely leaving. If I had got the team promoted I might have considered staying but I was set for moving to be honest. I let my contract run down until 1 month was left, then I resigned just so I would be available for jobs earlier and get a good pre-season in. I still am unsure what direction I want to take with the save, I haven't played in 2 weeks but I'm back now on a more restricted timescale but I have had a busy couple of weeks out of the way and the motivation to play again after some computer issues.

Just caught up here - interesting read so far and a nice move from the BSP to Portugal. :thup:

Btw, your thread does actually have a good title - that's what caught my interest ;)

I was honestly pretty confused as to what to call the title, hence how it turned out. Thanks for the positive reply :)

jBV7lZv.png

Louletano - March

League Games

mIjngdK.jpg

Was an odd month but getting ever closer to the title (not wrapped up yet). The win over Casa Pia was grand when we went 2-0 up but fair play to them, they dug in and grabbed 2 goals before my go-to strategy to dig me out of a hole (putting Daniel Morais on) worked once again as we escaped with all 3 points.

Next was one of those days vs Lousada. A missed penalty and an open net miss added with a 4 yard unmarked header being tamely nodded to the keeper all within the first 14 minutes sort of made me realise that I wasn't going to have a great day. We played superbly apart from score, they hung on and nicked a well finished goal on the counter. It's going to happen so I can't worry.

The win over Maritimo B was in contrast very clinical and I was very pleased. I was pleased with how things went in the first match of the new ME update. :)

League Table

U1uhlQc.jpg

Gap is 7 with 3 games left, one of which is against Torreense. Can't mess up now

Youth Products

7qCZEgZ.jpg

That's what was said but the report for the guy below I think may say it all

aSxe4Bv.jpg

Potential to be a good Liga Zon Sagres in the future? Don't mind me if I worship him just a little. He has a hell of a long way to go before he gets that good though and to start off with, his attributes are not the best in the intake. But he has room to grow

Bad News

KI15aly.jpg

By far my most influential player out for the rest of the season :(

What's Next?

As I said 3 games left, Penalva Castelo at home, Mafra away and finally Torreense at home. I don't want that last match to be a title decider by any means.

jBV7lZv.png

Louletano - April

League Games

ITQ0R0F.jpg

Really poor month. We got so so sloppy against Penalva Castelo, sacrificing leads twice. We had to scramble a draw against Mafra before losing to one of them weird miscued 50 yard crosses into the top corner. We didn't play all that bad in any of the 3 games but weren't good enough defensively

League Table

zi1Saf2.jpg

Ouch :(

What's Next?

1cVm5t0.jpg

We shall see what comes up next. In my head there was only one thing that would happen, which was win promotion. From the position we were in, not doing that was unacceptable. So hopefully somebody better equipped can do what I did not and take them on to glory. I, on the other hand, am back on the market again. I did enjoy my season in Portugal, but I think what I want to do is move on and try different leagues, then work on the reputation maybe.

It's tough to take when you get close like that, drop down to second and you miss out on promotion. It happened to me in my first season in Portugal and then it was all down hill from there...

Good luck, wherever you go next.

Wow, shocking end to the season!

Thanks guys. Honestly as soon as Bruno Mestre got injured, it was very much downhill from there. My tactic is designed to overload the right flank, as he is the best attacking player for any position I feel outside of the "B" team players. He got injured and the replacements were cack. Should I go back and do an end of season update for Louletano? In my fit of rage I've already made it to July and already got myself a new club. Pretty tough to take considering how comfortable we were all season, but it's my fault for getting a bit complacent to be honest.

Hey Guys, I've been pretty busy at Uni over the last while, so that's why there is basically no activity on this. Also as of right now I haven't had the same motivation to continue on with this save. I will return to this at some point but for now there won't be any updates... Sorry

Archived