Unemployed 25 year old female manager seeks club for LTR.

KajsaS

Couple more signings, nice right/central midfield and also a fairly good quality and young centre half.

I think the CB will be going into my starting lineup where the midfielder will too until the transfer window, once I get my new players in we'll see how things go.

oqA3a.jpg

And...

OKC6T.jpg

Both free transfers, both low wages as well, should help the push for promotion!

Last game for the day and in some ways the best...

9A9Ln.jpg

Vindbjart were one place and one point better off than me, so getting a 3-0 win was exceptional!

To dig a little deeper into the performance, we held the ball fairly well and although we didn't have as many attacks as normal, put away our chances and the cherry on the cake for me was I gave 5 players their début on this game, two Centre Midfielders, one Centre Defender, a Left back and a Right sided Midfielder, also coming into this game was my proper first choice keeper who has been out injured since I took over.

Defensively, we were fairly solid, they hit the bar once from an errant cross, other than that they were restricted to long shots as usual, so again, pretty pleased all round.

Anyway, I just noticed how late it's getting, time to get some sleep and pick this up again tomorrow.

Football Manager is just too addictive, the time just flies, it should really come with a warning on the box "May severely screw up your social life."

I may have lied last night, I apologise..

Instead of going to bed, I got the "Just one more game..." thing and ended up playing against Brann 2.

rV9Fa.jpg

We may have won, totally dominated the game and got another 3-0 victory although I barely remember as it was around 4am and my brain was totally fried!

Dragged Ålgård by the scruff of the neck to the top of the league though so far, onwards and upwards.

Good luck in Norway.

There is a close to 6 month winter break in the 2nd division - might be slightly less if you go up to the Addecoligaen first time around but still sizable.

Yeah, I noticed Norway has some breaks here and there, wee bit unusual but not too bad.

Another game, another win, 2-0 this time v Egersund.

jrlrX.jpg

This game, we totally dominated but fluffed a lot of chances, seemed nothing was going to go our way but all in all a 2-0 win is pretty good.

Oddly, my goalkeeper got MotM on this game without making a save, although he did get one assist with a long through ball.

Wish I could say more about this match, we were fairly solid, they sat back and defended, we should have scored more but were unlucky.

Honestly, it's beginning to feel my team is just too strong for the league I'm in, especially with the recent additions.

No challenge as of yet, hope things get a bit more challenging soon, mainly I started as unemployed with all leagues for a good difficult fight, didn't expect to walk in the door and totally spank the league I'm in, sure I'm putting a lot of time and effort into the scouting for staff and players, doing opposition instructions ans team talks myself and all that.

Ah well, I'm sure it'll get better if/when we get promotion!

Or now that I said this, it's time to free fall down the league...

Results going well and you've got some nice signings so far

Yeah, honestly it's been a bit of a walkover so far, hopefully it gets more of a challenge after promotion!

I'll stop posting every game now since I'm in a bit of a groove and will just post roughly every 4 or so games unless something unusual pops up, until pre-season that is, that's when things get more interesting!

Would have liked to update this a bit more today, but with one thing and another I've not been able to play so much today, may be a bit less for the next few days too, we'll see.

First game was against Åsane:

WCOSz.jpg

Probably the worst performance until the Vard game, dominated possession but seriously struggled in front of goal, on games like this though, any kind of win is nice so I'm happy enough with 1-0.

Next up is against Pors:

2p1Nc.jpg

This game was total domination, they had almost no attacks and we were good for our 4-0 lead..of course they got a consolation goal right at the end with about their only decent attack in the game.

Next is Vidar:

4LYKw.jpg

Vidar was the team I was pretty close to managing at the start of the year, this is probably my best game so far, Vidar are rivals of my team and it was a hard fought victory, we dominated and could have won by more, happy with this result.

Last in this post is Vard:

9FXVF.jpg

Worst performance on my tenure as manager, missed penalty, couldn't score no matter what I tried, just one of these games where nothing seems to go your way, glad..and surprised..to come away with the three points here.

After giving the team the "hairdrier treatment" after this last game v Vard, my star player this year said..

UOsHR.jpg

Maybe girls could be good managers after all, most of us are good at the whole shouty thing anyway! :)

Other than the games I've talked about here, not much else has been going on, all been totally quiet, no major injuries, nothing really worth noting.

Also, my board are picky buggers.

Nine wins in a row, only conceded two goals and scored 24 and they're going on about how we're not exciting enough?

tP63i.jpg

Lets see if they keep up that whining when it's time to negotiate my contract extension.

Great start to your life in Norway, smooth sailing for the new Queen of Management?

Too easy so far honestly, I really was hoping for more of a challenge.

Lets see what happens at the end of the year, I'll probably stay on for another year or two but if there's any good offers I'll think about it. :)

Since nothing interesting happened, I just flew through the rest of the season.

As you can see, we won the league fairly easily by 13 points, really was a walk in the park, I'm seriously hoping there will be more challenge next year.

cQBIX.jpg

Of course Ålgård only gave me a one year contract to start, so we'll see what their offer is like of an extension, chances are I'll stay but there's always a small chance of moving on if a good offer is there.

And now, on to the games!

First game of this post is Fløy:

ilv4h.jpg

Seems a fairly normal story here for me, we dominated the game but should have got more goals, that's something I'll have to look at for next season.

Next up is Nest-Sotra:

IBc8U.jpg

Probably the best game since I took over, we were marginally better, managed to grab an early goal and dominate midfield from there on in, at the time they were my main challengers and this win gave me clear space between us and them so for once I'm happy with the 1-0 victory!

Next is Odd 2:

sVM7V.jpg

Not much to say here that I haven't said before, totally dominated the game but should have scored a couple more goals at least.

Next is Jerv:

cU1em.jpg

This was another case of domination without scoring enough, but in this case Jerv were challenging for promotion so when it comes to the teams around me in the league, any win will do! They have some of the better players in the division too, I was linked with about 4 of them but either decided to buy elsewhere or to just keep my money. Good result against a good opposition.

Next is Mandle..er..Mandal.. oh bugger it, lets just call them MK:

c8s4M.jpg

Same old story, dominated the game, not enough goals, this was against a team deep in the relegation zone who..in the end..finished 2nd bottom of the league.

And we wrap up the season with a trip to Randaberg:

9VECD.jpg

Excellent solid performance on the last game of the season when everything was decided anyway, 3 goals, a clean sheet and a good performance, quite happy with that.

Now, it's just after the Randaberg game, time to move on to next season, chop out some dead wood, bring in some quality players (hopefully) and see where next season takes us!

When you go up see if it gets any harder then maybe look for a new challenge?

Good post by the way :thup:

Thanks. :)

Most likely, I'm going to see what offers are floating around before signing a new contract, but chances are I'll stay with Ålgård for at least another year, possibly two.

Well, that's not much of a step up.

Ålgård are offering me the exact same contract as last season, same wage, same one year deal.

Ah well, think I'll take it anyway, got to keep working on my reputation before moving on to bigger and better things.

What do you guys think? Accept the contract and keep working on this project? Or move on and try to find something better and hopefully a bit more ambitious?

Just a wee side note, we're ground sharing with Viking now for the next 8 months since they needed to add undersoil heating after being promoted.

What do you guys think? Accept the contract and keep working on this project? Or move on and try to find something better and hopefully a bit more ambitious?

Just a wee side note, we're ground sharing with Viking now for the next 8 months since they needed to add undersoil heating after being promoted.

I would stay to see if the step up works!!

I would stay to see if the step up works!!

I'm going to negotiate the contract, think I'm worth a bit more than that after winning the league!

I'll most likely stay on though, they're offering me £475 p/w over one year, I'll keep the deal short but hopefully push it up to £550-600.

Well, bugger.

Chairman had to spend nearly 900k on the undersoil heating, now we're in a poor financial position.

Looks like I won't be bringing in too many players over the close season, guess we just wait and see.

Hopefully a decent cup run as well, need all the pennies we can get a hold of now.

I can see this next season being a struggle and a half.

With the chairman spending 900k on undersoil heating and us not having the use of our own stadium for the first half of the year mixed with pretty bad financial problems (mainly down to the undersoil heating) I have little to no money to spend.

I've cut out some dead wood and lost a couple of fringe players, hoping to replace them...although my squad is going to be incredibly bare, I'm hoping to bring in a few loan players but it's going to really be a struggle doing much of anything this year.

Congrats on winning promotion,hopefully next season will be a bit more challenging for you :D

I have a feeling it's going to be tough.

Just done most of the dealing in the transfer market that I can afford to, pretty threadbare squad but got some good quality there too, I'll do a post tonight or tomorrow showing the new players.

For a tiny team having to spend almost £1m for undersoil heating is ridiculous, really hurt us financially!

Wee update.

Had a bit of an argument with a kitchen knife and ended up in hospital to get 5 stitches in my hand, thankfully it's my left hand so I can still play FM, it's a bit of a pain to type so updates may be a tiny bit sporadic for the next few days or so.

I'm about half way through pre-season (played two friendlies), totally exhausted my wage budget and have a totally threadbare squad, hoping to bring in a few free loan signings to bolster the squad but on the whole I got the players I was after..which was nice, all going well I'm hoping to get a mid table finish this year.

Also, I added the big facepack, logopack, kitpack and the patch that actually puts the real names for trophies and sorts the German national team, wee bit off topic for my game but worth mentioning still.

I'll hopefully post an update showing the new signings and friendly results today, just wanted to let you guys know the situation. :)

Also, silly question, is it possible to add a photo of me to the game after the game has started? I know it's a little silly, should have done that at the start but wasn't really thinking too much.

Saw a picture of your battle wound on twitter (ouch)

Good read so far, this and a couple of other blogs have urged me to order a copy of the game. Never actually played an FM game before though, so I was wondering if you have any advice you could possibly share?

For someone who's totally new to the game, I'd say to have a read at some guides that tell you what each stat does and roughly what stats to look for for each position www.guidetofootballmanager.com is pretty straight forward and explains things pretty well. As far as tactics go, especially for newer players I'd say to keep it simple, you can make your own fangled formation, but honestly, if you use the tactics wizard in game and make a tactic that way, they tend to go pretty well then tweak it a little here and there to suit your players.

Also, scouting is important, always make sure and get the best scouts you can and listen to them, the more you scout, the more players stats you know fully and normally I wouldn't sign anyone I didn't know without scouting them, preferably for a few matches (though normally just getting a scout report will do)

Oh, and if you have a social life, say goodbye to it. ;)

Bit late in the day, but here's the update I promised!

Pre-Season went well, as to get morale up, I mostly played against sleightly smaller teams or teams a similar level to myself, the only bigger team I had a friendly against was Molde (My new parent team) which we performed excellently in.

Here is my pre-season results and fixtures to start the season off.

FESVO.jpg

All wins, no goals conceded so pretty happy with that, I have my team playing a little differently now as well, my target is to be similar to Swansea of last season, nice passing, movement and possession on the ball, hard working, solid and hard to break down off it.

I'm playing a solid 4-4-2, I've not talked about tactics yet in this yet, I'll probably do it in a future post if anyone is interested?

I'm hoping to get a mid-table finish, looking at how the funds are divided in this division I want to come in at the very least 8th.

ggXAe.jpg

Now, for the new players!

I brought this guy in on loan from my parent team Molde, I needed a CB but had no money. I've never liked relying on loan players but needs must when money is difficult. He's a fairly good quality defender, solid, good concentration, Strength and Tackling is a tad low but I'm sure he'll be fine until I can bring in a proper full-time replacement.

OwYvb.jpg

Next up is Mame Mbar Diouf, I got him free and he's a decent looking right sided midfielder who is highly rated by my scouts, he'll most likely be a first team regular for me, in friendlies he's been excellent so here's hoping he carries that into the season.

NSMt3.jpg

Now, probably my best signing, Daniel Aase. He is top quality for my division, lacks a little in the physical department but top player on the left hand side. Odd thing, he wouldn't join me unless I offered him a coaching role too, he's only 23 which is odd but was worth it!

dRfKv.jpg

Next is Fredrik Gulsvik. He's a pretty decent all round forward, hopefully will turn out to be a good foil for my poacher. He again looked really good in friendlies so we'll see how he goes.

T3G1p.jpg

I also brought in a few teenage free transfers, mainly for cover because my squad was so threadbare, no real need to post them as they're mostly pretty average but will most likely get into the team now and again when we have a big flurry of games or injuries.

Anyway, that's generally how my pre-season went, I didn't lose anyone important although I did get rid of some fringe players and some dead wood, like I said, hoping for a mid-table finish at least, hoping we can push on and do fairly well though.

Once again sorry for the lack of updates the last couple of days, hurts a fair bit to type so may be a little sporadic on the bigger updates although I'll still try to post every 4-5 games and see how we do! :)

For someone who's totally new to the game, I'd say to have a read at some guides that tell you what each stat does and roughly what stats to look for for each position www.guidetofootballmanager.com is pretty straight forward and explains things pretty well. As far as tactics go, especially for newer players I'd say to keep it simple, you can make your own fangled formation, but honestly, if you use the tactics wizard in game and make a tactic that way, they tend to go pretty well then tweak it a little here and there to suit your players.

Also, scouting is important, always make sure and get the best scouts you can and listen to them, the more you scout, the more players stats you know fully and normally I wouldn't sign anyone I didn't know without scouting them, preferably for a few matches (though normally just getting a scout report will do)

Oh, and if you have a social life, say goodbye to it. ;)

Probably not a good idea to order it before some big exams then is it? Ah well, too late :lol:

Thanks for the link to the guide, will check it out in the morning - much appreciated

Great pre-season too! Is this the second tier you're in now?

Archived