FM 13 England v Rest of the World Community Game!

ri916

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weymouth.png

Andrew Smylie's Weymouth FC - Pre-Season 2013

Squad - You can't see Sharp, Fagan, Downes or Gibson, but I assure you that they are there! I haven't been quite as sensible with my signings as ri, more adding depth and quality where I can. Consequently there's been a bit of a scattergun approach - early on I was hoping to play a wide diamond, but I've since gone for a 4-3-3 approach as I couldn't find a decent AMC (surprising huh?)

Transfers – 15 transfers, of which 2 are loans. 3 or 4 will sit in the reserves on non-contracts as backup players, but the rest are fairly useful, at least I think they are! The last time I was in the BSS I recall getting a number of injuries, but hopefully these guys won't be needed.

Key Transfers in

Richie Fagan - Similar to The Monkeys' Lyle, Fagan boasts leading League Two potential and is already an U21 international. Admittedly, he's basically all pace, but with any luck he can grab us a few goals.

Connor King - Ignoring my coaches here as I think King looks like a solid player with quite a bit of potential. They think he's Regional Premiership level. We'll see who's right!

Leon Mills (Loan) - One of our loanees. Partly brought in because deep down, I think the ME recognises that everyone's afraid of a ginger :D

Charlie Porter (loan) - Our 'poacher', Porter looks a decent striker for this level and has already scored his first for the club.

Emmanuel Martin – The other main centre-back I signed. Again, shows promise and room for improvement. Our defence is definitely the weakest part of the side though.

Gerard Bell - We needed a keeper and this was the best I could do. Safe to say I've been underwhelmed so far...

Andy Gibson - Best till last! Gibson signs on a free and looks the real deal. His physicals aren't the best, but mentally and technically he's streets ahead of what he currently have.

And the others

Tactics

weymouth_form1_zps317cf74c.png . weymouth_form2_zps2d4653f1.png

As previously stated, our defence is pretty weak, so I'll be looking to get the ball forward quickly and cause problems up the other end to distract other teams from that... The Keegan approach, I believe it's called. The second one is the tactic I'm leaning towards, with the aim being for Gibson to drop deep, creating space for Fagan to exploit. Hopefully the 'Very Fluid' style will patch any holes between the lines.

Friendly results

pre-season_zpsb6e25d30.png

I went a little further than I planned as I wanted to get Gibson signed before I updated. Pre-season wasn't great, and the weaknesses in the 4-4-2 diamond were all too evident. However, the first game in the BSS gave us a 2-0 win over Bath City, with Porter scoring on his debut. Crash dump. Still, at least we won again the second time around. We then went away to Newport County and a mistake from our new keeper handed them the win - we had chances to equalise and blew them.

Overview

The squad is a bit bloated, but time will tell as to who is really good enough for this level. I think the 4-3-3 is definitely the way to go, although I'll be working on a 4-5-1 counter tactic as well. M'on the Weymouth!

Danny Roberts' Lowestoft Town

August and September 2013

LowestoftTown_FixturesSchedule-2_zpsb078a2bc-1_zpse3873372.jpg

I have to say that I'm fairly pleased with my first two months in charge. we set a marker down by winning our first game and after that we didn't look back really. Johnson grabbed 2 braces in the first 3 games, which showed how valuable he would be for us. Unfortunately we lost against Halifax but that was forgotten when we went on to beat both Marine and Corby. Two dig in draws against top of the table Kettering and a strong Gainsborough side followed before we turned over another top team in Harrogate. The Hinkley win was expected but the Nuneaton loss was not, I'm very disappointed that we had to end September like that.

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages_zps3ed9e029-1_zpsde818006.jpg

We are now in a very good position, in the playoffs ready to pounce on top spot. The league is very tight though and it can change drastically in the space of one round of games, we can't afford to be complacent. Like I said losing to Nuneaton was a massive diappointment, not only because of their position in the table but because of ours as well. We were top going into that game against them.

Overview

Overall it's been a great two months at Lowestoft. Joe Johnson has been a revelation, with 7 goals to this point. Stawinski and Chalk have also done well. looking at things harshly though, we haven't scored enough goals. 15 in 11 with such an attacking tactic isn't good enough. We have 9 scheduled league games in the next two months, so I hope to match the figure of 15 goals scored at least in those 9 matches.

weymouth.png

Andrew Smylie's Weymouth FC

August and September 2013

Before we get into the matches, one final signing to report:

2013-01-04_00026_zps7f817e0f.jpg

Robert Middleton joins us on a free from Derby - one of the speculative bids came off! Should give a bit of strength in the centre.

aug_sept_zpsf6b704dc.png

Generally pretty pleased. We started exceptionally well and although it has slowed somewhat in recent weeks, we're still higher than I thought we'd be with the squad still gelling. The Hayes and Yeading result was poor, but we actually matched them throughout - more a case of them simply being better than us. We really should have won at least one of the 1-1 draws, and eventually beat a Basingstoke side when we didn't deserve it. Football eh?

2013-01-04_00023_zps4f27608d.jpg

Overview

We aren't far off and to be honest, I'd like promotion this season if at all possible. I think we could get it, but our central defence needs to be much stronger in upcoming games. New signing Gibson has been poor - aside from his opening day hat-trick, and I may change formation to try to get the best out of him. For now though, it's advantage to the Northerners.... just ;)

Danny Roberts Lowestoft Town

October-November 2013

LowestoftTown_FixturesSchedule-3_zps91ca03cc-1_zps4d5bcca8.jpg

As you can see it hasn't been the best two months at Lowestoft. Just two wins from 7 in the league and dumped out of both cups. The loss to Histon in the 3rd Qualifying round was heart-breaking, mainly due to the fact that it went to penalties and it took 16 of them to separate us. Johnson's goals dried up a little this month and I can see Lyle getting more game time.

BlueSquareBetNorth_OverviewStages-2_zps69731c40.png

It isn't all bad news however. As the league table shows we're only just outside the playoffs and if games in hand were won we'd be 4th still in touching distance from top.

Overview

Results don't lie, this was a bad month for us. There are positives however and I can see us hitting a good unbeaten run in the near future. Automatic promotion is by no means out of reach for Lowestoft.

Will make some decent progress on this tomorrow night and try to get through the season (or as much as possible!)

Good going with Lowestoft there ri

Thanks, looking forward to hearing your progress :thup:

Shame you didn't progress in the cups, can concentrate solely on the league now and the two home defeats aside it's been good and you're still up there so good going. :thup:

Thanks berty, I really thought we were in for a decent FA Cup run after going 1-0 up in the replay as I knew that we were going to be playing unplayable opposition (below BSN) if we progressed.

weymouth.png

Andrew Smylie's Weymouth Town

October-November 2013

oct_nov_zpsa82991f7.png

We've started to find some form, with a great run in the league. I wasn't really too fussed about the cups, although we were unlucky to go out to Sutton as we actually outplayed them. Charlie Porter has been on fire though, and our improved reputation has resulted in a few new loans (will post in the next update - they've only played one match) which eases the fixture congestion concerns somewhat.

league_nov_zpseb5e000f.png

The result is that we are somehow sitting top of the Blue Square South. A late, late equaliser from Andy Gibson meant that we keep a 3 point lead heading into December. I'd be surprised if we stayed there for long as the defence is still poor, but we'll see how the fixtures pan out

---

Will try to get more done tomorrow - hopefully up to the end of Jan, but no promises :( - work is manic this week

weymouth.png

Andrew Smylie's Weymouth Town

October-November 2013

oct_nov_zpsa82991f7.png

We've started to find some form, with a great run in the league. I wasn't really too fussed about the cups, although we were unlucky to go out to Sutton as we actually outplayed them. Charlie Porter has been on fire though, and our improved reputation has resulted in a few new loans (will post in the next update - they've only played one match) which eases the fixture congestion concerns somewhat.

league_nov_zpseb5e000f.png

The result is that we are somehow sitting top of the Blue Square South. A late, late equaliser from Andy Gibson meant that we keep a 3 point lead heading into December. I'd be surprised if we stayed there for long as the defence is still poor, but we'll see how the fixtures pan out

---

Will try to get more done tomorrow - hopefully up to the end of Jan, but no promises :( - work is manic this week

Excellent work keep it up!

Just realised that over the next week or so I'm really not going to have much of a chance to finish this season - sorry! Therefore I thought I'd upload early to see what someone else can do with the team and keep the thread going. Best of luck guys, will be following closely :)

https://www.yousendit.com/download/UW15QmtZeDMwMEZwdmNUQw

That's a shame b101, good luck to whoever takes over next!

I've finished my season at staines, so will be writing an update and uploading the game at some point.

That's a shame b101, good luck to whoever takes over next!

I've finished my season at staines, so will be writing an update and uploading the game at some point.

Staines?? Have I missed something here. ;) I'm listed next so I don't mind going if that's ok with everyone.

Lowestoft ;). Shall I upload the file so you can get on with it now then?

Go for it, I'm not promising anything special (see my career thread, unspectacular at best) ;), but I've played in the community games before and it's good fun, shame there's not too much interest this time round. :(

Go for it, I'm not promising anything special (see my career thread, unspectacular at best) ;), but I've played in the community games before and it's good fun, shame there's not too much interest this time round. :(

Not sure who to upload with, will work something out though.

Are you going to do an end of season update ri916, or do you want me to do a very brief update?

It would just seem weird if I post screenies of my players before that's done so I'll hold off for now.

I'm a bit short on time atm, so it would be appreciated if you could do a brief one :)

Badge_Lowestoft_Town.png

2013/14 - End of season update

Lowestoft_Town_Fixtures_Schedule.png

Blue_Square_Bet_North_Overview_Profile.png

Positions graph

A disappointing end to the season saw Lowestoft end in 13th position, 14 points off the play-off positions. The board are slightly disappointed with Danny Roberts performance as manager but will stay as manager into the next season.

Finances aren't too good:

Losses anounced

Finances

The team:

Seasons best XI

Danny Weaver - On loan so will need another 'keeper next season.

Graham Jones - Had a good season at right back, will probably keep.

Alan McCafferty - Ok, will probably look to strengthen at left back.

Graham Ford - Did well in defence, might keep him for another season.

Brian Owens - Had a good season, but on £700pw he's not worth that, will leave unless he takes a massive wage cut.

Alfonso Tur - Excellent player, adds some Spanish flair to the team.

Anthony Chalk - Shame he was only on loan, would like to keep him at the club somehow. ;)

John Hope - Not too bad, may stay at the club as backup.

Joe Johnson - As good at football as his namesake was at snooker, a legend. :D

Alan Lyle - As Ri said, an exciting prospect and hope we can keep him at the club.

Josh Gardiner - Very good player but on high wages for the club.

Matty Brotherton - I rate him and surprised he didn't get more game time, assume he was injured. ;)

Jakub Stawinski - Didn't really live up to expectations, he'll stay at the club as he's still got a lot to offer.

Badge_Lowestoft_Town.png

2014/15 - Pre-season update

Season information:

Media Prediction: 15th

Board Expectations: Mid table, Fourth Qualifying Round of FA Cup, First Round of FA Trophy

Estimated Value: £400k

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £5,883

The team:

Lowestoft_Town_Report_Squad_Depth.png

Goalkeepers:

Max Ramsey - With having a loan 'keeper last season we needed to bring one in and found this gem.

Paul Conroy - Doesn't have the current ability but has the potential and will be a decent backup.

Defenders:

Darren Breen - We were seriously lacking in the right back position so is an excellent loan signing from Wrexham.

Graham Ford - I feel he can still do a job at the club.

Graham Jones - Ditto as Ford.

Jose Cardoso - An excellent signing and can play equally as well in the centre or left.

Mick Freeman - Was at Crystal Palace last season, will become first choice left back.

Shane Andrews - Another loan signing from Wrexham completes a solid defensive line up.

Midfielders:

Alfonso Tur - Handy as he can play equally in midfield or striker.

Anthony Chalk - Ri will like this one as I managed to snap him up after being released.

Carl Dennerly - I felt we lacked depth in midfield so brought him in on loan from York.

Josh Gardiner - Hope for a lot from him and he lives up to his high wage.

Matty Brotherton - Can still be a good player for the club.

Tommy Stuart - Only bought in as backup but has good potential and hasn't broken the wage budget.

Strikers:

Alan Lyle - With a lot of competition for strikers he'll get his chance but won't play every game.

Danny Rains - Will provide competition for the other strikers, on loan from Hereford.

Jakub Stawinski - Good to keep around for his influence but might not get too much game time.

Matt Steele - The Cyprus U21 international has the makings to become a key player.

Badge_Lowestoft_Town.png

2014/15 - August update

After a very shaky pre-season including a loss at home to fierce local rivals Kirkley & Pakefield we made a losing start to the league campaign too. The fact that our new first choice 'keeper Ramsey was injured so the inexperienced Conroy had to step in and did himself no favours in conceding 3 poor goals against Boston. We then went on to win the next four to end August unexpededly top of the league. Strangely enough Roberts only got runner up of manager of the month despite being top of the league, and striker Danny Rains got runner up in player of the month.

Badge_Lowestoft_Town.png

2014/15 - September/October update

An excellent start to September with a 4-1 away win at Hinckley was followed by a blip, two away defeats at Stalybridge and Guiseley and we'll have to improve that away form if we are to stand a chance of promotion. The FA Cup was a nice distraction and the 6-1 win in the second qualifying took the season back on track as we remained unbeaten through the rest of September and October. To be fair we had an easy run to the FA Cup first round and next up is League Two side York away.

Alfonso Tur has been the star performer so far.

Alfonso_Tur_Overview_Profile.png

Archived