[FM13] Starting Fresh

markyosullivan

Now that I'm off Uni for 6 weeks and I have no tests in January thought it'd be the best time to start another career since I'll have quite a bit of free time now. Like both of my other Career Update saves I'll be starting off unemployed in February 2013. This year I have quite a number of nations and leagues loaded thanks to the new laptop I got for Uni back in September.

Previous Careers

[FM11] C'mon!

[FM12] 60% of the time, it works everytime

Leagues Loaded (credit to SRL88 for the layout)

---------------------------------------------------
| Nation         |     Lowest League Loaded       |
| Belgium        |     Third Division             |
| Denmark        |     Second Division            |
| England        |     Blue Square N/S            |
| Finland        |     First Division             |
| France         |     CFA                        |
| Germany        |     Third Division             |
| Holland        |     Jupiler League             |
| Italy          |     Serie C2                   |
| Norway         |     Second Division            |
| Portugal       |     Second Division            |
| Spain          |     Second Division B          |
| Sweden         |     Second Division            |

Career Summary

Season        Club               League                                       Position              Notes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2013/2014    Portimonense        Portuguese Second Division                   15th
2014/2015    Portimonense        Portuguese Second Division                   2nd                   Promoted
2015/2016    Portimonense        Portuguese Premier League                    16th (when I left)    Resigned
2017         Rosengård           Swedish Second Division South Gotaland       2nd                   Sacked
2018         Unemployed          N/A                                          N/A           
2018/2019    RC Waregem          Belgian Third Division B                     16th                  Joined 6.3.2019

LlfE2.png

New Manager At Portimonense S.C. Appointed 1/7/2013

In what may seem as a surprise appointment, the Portimonense board have named Dean Wakefield as their new boss. The 29 year old Englishman has no previous experience at managing at this level and this appointment by the board can only be seen as a big gamble especially as he can't even speak Portuguese. Despite this, the board are confident that the new manager will be a big success at the club.

"Many believe that I'm too inexperienced to be given the chance at this club but everyone has to start some where. I hope to repay the faith shown in me by the Portimonense board and bring success to this club."

Dean Wakefield has been given a contract until the end of the season and has replaced Lazaro Oliveria who was sacked towards the end of last season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nnu2B.png?1

This is the squad I currently have at my disposal. I have made a couple signings already - Rambé, Boubacar and Nuno Pintassilgo. Really need to get a couple more signings and fast because the start of the season isn't far away. As you can see I've transfer listed my star player William due to he's crazy wages, €7.25k and our wage budget is €12,658.

ip9ZZ.png?1

LlfE2.png

2013/2014 Preview - Portimonense S.C. - Portuguese Second League

We're in a league of 22 teams, 3 relegation places and the top 2 clubs get promoted. Since this is my first season in charge, I hope to meet the boards league target which is quite ambitious considering the small squad I have at my disposal.

Boards Expectations:

Portuguese Second League - Top-half finish

Taca de Portugal - 5th Round

Portuguese League Cup - Be competitive

Transfers

Not as many players signed as I wished but still got a few weeks before the transfer window closes.

IN: £0

Nuno Pintassilgo - Experienced center midfielder will help strengthen my midfield

Rambé (Season Loan) - Needed more than 1 striker in my team, glad I've got a decent 2nd striker now

Boubacar - Probably best signing so far, 23 year old Guinean is probably now one of the best players at the club

Hugo Carvalho - Another experienced midfielder which is what my team needed.

Transfer Summary

Squad

Had to promote a number of reserve players to the first team. The squad could do with being strengthened so hopefully I'll be able to sign a couple more players before the transfer window closes.

nXHvO.png?1

Finances

They're looking really bad atm so hopefully over the next couple years I'll be able to improve them.

Transfer Budget: £0

Wage Budget: £13,923

Balance: £222,708

Finance Summary

If only I could have six weeks off.

Yeah glad I've got 6 weeks off. Felt like I was never getting a break, uni during the week, working at weekends.

Got some good players.

Quite a few decent players but I'd really like to sign a good few more to help us achieve the board's target.

With the season nearly over, I was offered a new deal. £300 pay rise as well!

6AmaT.png?1

A bit crazy them offering me a pay rise considering the dire financial situation, in the end I renegotiated with the club to put the wage down to £300 p/w, will help the finances in the long run.

LlfE2.png

2013/2014 Review - Portimonense S.C. - Portuguese Second League

Portuguese Second League

Don't have a clue why the media believed we were going to finish 7th and the board aimed for a top half position as the team I had when I first joined the club was pretty poor aside from a couple of players. With quite a few big Portuguese clubs having their B teams in this league, it was always going to be a struggle.

It wasn't until the clubs 5th league game that we managed to get a win, a scrappy 1-0 away win against Trofense. A run of 6 games without a win followed and at the start of the season the club was lying nervously close to the relegation zone. Thankfully after that bad streak, things did start to pick up in November with my team finding more success and finding the back of the net more consistently. Unfortunately towards the end of January/ start of February, the team really struggled to find consistency and this continued until the season finished.

I believe that there could be a number of reasons for this, one could be that the change in tactics at around this stage of the season. The team may not have got used to the tactics quickly and this could have potentially affected their performances, we changed from the original 4-1-3-1-1 formation which was being used when I joined the club to a 4-5-1.

Another possible reason is that I simply have too many inconsistent players at the club. The final reason for my team being so inconsistent is that one of the better performers in the team, my RB Chico, got injured in January and also towards the end of the season. Maybe if he didn't get injured we would have had better defensive displays.

League table | Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Taca de Portugal

I'm happy that we managed to meet the boards target of the 5th round, however going out 4-0 isn't something I'm pleased about as I really thought my players would have put up a better display. They were outclassed throughout the whole match and Vit. Guimarães fully deserved their win.

Fixtures

Portuguese League Cup

Aim was to be competitive, but losing 3-0 in one of our 3 group matches against Santa Clara clearly doesn't seem "competitive" to the board. Perhaps we'll do better in the cup next season.

Fixtures

Transfers

5 players joined the club in the January window. 3 were in the first team quite frequently, the other 2 didn't get playing much and will most likely be released at the end of the season.

Gael Etock - Brought in on loan from Sporting who was at that time our parent club (terminated agreement at end of season as we weren't being paid by them). Gave us an extra RW and with another RW I made the switch from our original 4-1-3-1-1 formation to a 4-5-1 formation.

Joao Batista - Came in and became our starting LB. Useful player who can play a number of positions if needed.

Vukasin Devic - Great defender, became our starting CB and made a great partnership with the other starting CB. Extended his contract which was set to expire at the end of the season so we'll have him till the end of the 2015/2016 season.

Summary

Key Players

Vukasin Devic - Solid defender who really helped improve the teams defence when he joined.

Ruben Fernandes - The other starting CB who formed a great partnership with Devic. Really lead the defence. Won Most Man Of The Match award in the league and afterwards, dedicated the award to me, clearly I'm just a top notch manager :cool: He was also selected in the league's Team of the Year.

Boubacar - Was lucky to sign this guy at the start of the season, a great player. Played the anchorman role in Defensive Midfield a couple times but was equally good in Center Midfield.

Finances

Wage Budget: £12,109

Balance: £331,136

Summary

Fan's Player of the Year: Ruben Fernandes

Portuguese Second League: 15th (13-11-18)

Taca de Portugal: 5th round

Portuguese League Cup: First Phase

If only I could have six weeks off.

Ahh you can if you pick the right career! I am in the midst of my six weeks (or thereabouts) off for the winter uni break. And given the nice weather we've been having down here, I've managed a couple rounds of golf this week and have another coming tomorrow if it stays dry :p

Edit: Good thread by the way, I've yet to try Portugal but I'm always tempted. On to glory!

LlfE2.png

2014/2015 Preview - Portimonense S.C. - Portuguese Second League

Off topic but anyway felt I had to include it, I can now speak fluent Portuguese :cool:

After finishing 15th last season, I'm not expecting us to finish much higher this season. We haven't had too many additions to the team and the ones we have signed haven't been amazing players. Hopefully we'll finish in a higher position than 15th. Would also like to get to the 5th round again in the Taca de Portugal. Again, the board has asked me to finish in the top half of the division which I highly doubt we'll be able to do. Media predicts we'll finish 12th, which would be a nice position to finish in.

Boards Expectations:

Portuguese Second League - Top-half finish

Transfers

Got rid of a couple of the older players in the squad and players who weren't playing much. Brought in 5 players, 1 is a familiar face. These 4 new faces should help increase the strength of my squad and hopefully we'll be able to cope if we face any injury crisis'. Was hoping my scouts would find me a star player but unfortunately they didn't :(

Rui Jorge Araújo - A youth player who was supposedly my best youth candidate last season and yet my assistant didn't sign him. :thdn: That assistant manager has since been replaced by someone who can judge a players talent and potential a bit better.

Carlos Sequeira - My best signing of the summer, a 20 year old winger who can play on either side and was at Man City in the 2011-2012 season and then Benfica in the 2012-2013 season so he must be good. I'm guessing he'll be here for a good number of seasons due to his young age.

Cristiano - A 25 year old Portuguese player who is naturally a center midfielder but can also play on the left side of midfield or even as an attacking midfielder

Licínio - A determined striker who also has high bravery so I'm hopeful he'll be a great threat in the air however with his heading stat very low there's a good chance he probably won't.

Ruizinho - A holding midfielder who has had experience of playing in this league back in the 2012-2013 season with the parent club Belenenses.

Summary

Squad

After getting rid of some of the older players in the squad we should now have a slightly younger side. Still could do with a couple quality players and perhaps a good striker to replace William who will be leaving at the end of the season when his contract expires unless he can agree upon a much lower wage.

lkRvP.png?1

Finances

Finances are getting worse, hopefully should see an improvement once William leaves at the end of the season. If not we're going to have to get promoted to the Premier League to make a profit.

Wage Budget: £12,274

Balance: £413,744

Summary

Ahh you can if you pick the right career! I am in the midst of my six weeks (or thereabouts) off for the winter uni break. And given the nice weather we've been having down here, I've managed a couple rounds of golf this week and have another coming tomorrow if it stays dry :p

Edit: Good thread by the way, I've yet to try Portugal but I'm always tempted. On to glory!

It's actually my first time managing in Portugal as well, so it's a new experience for me.

Held on to your job at least.

Thankfully I did, hopefully the team will perform better this season

Nice start to this thread, average first season which was to be expected so hopefully can kick on now!
Bit of a slow start, but hopefully things should improve this year.
Tough start financially, but hopefully you can have a good crack at the league.

How has William been playing? Don't get the impression he's been particularly influential, but surely he must be head and shoulders above the rest of the squad to demand that salary?

This season has been going very well so far and I'm hoping we'll end the season on the same kind of form which we've been on the majority of this season. The only thing that has me slightly worried is the financial situation at the club.

William has been playing very well and on average he's scoring a goal every 2 games, he's a great striker but he's definitely getting paid too much for this level. He hasn't played as much this year as I expected but it's not because of injuries or suspensions, it's actually because of my other striker Licínio who I originally thought would be a good backup instead he's came in and has been amazing for the club. I didn't really expect him to make such an impact at the club and it's just a real shame that he's coming towards the end of his career. He's nearly always in the right place at the right time, making it look so easy every time he scores.

Comparing the contracts of the two players: William is on £6.25k p/w until the end of the season, while Licínio is on £160 p/w until the end of the 2015/2016 season (extended his contract during this season as it was going to expire at the end of the current season). I had considered holding onto William if I could manage to get his contract below £1k p/w but what's the point if he'll be on the bench while Licínio will be ripping the oppositions defence to shreds. I'm pretty sure I've found a long term replacement already for William and I'll be introducing him very shortly.

I knew that I'd need an eventual replacement for William for when he leaves at the end of the season, but I was not expecting to find a potential one come in with this seasons youth candidates

Jose Vieira ( ST ) - 16 years old and already looks like a potential backup striker for my first team. Couple of weak areas and his mental stats could do with some improvement but his physical stats are quite good aside from strength. Already assigned Licínio to tutor him, hopefully it'll be a successful link up.

Joaozinho ( DM ) - 16 year old who looks decent, but will need to work on his strength.

Carlos Serodio ( D® ) - 15 year old, who looks extremely determined. Tackling and marking is decent, and his physical states aren't too bad, needs to work on his crossing and dribbling unless I retrain him as a CB.

It's a shame that every player has to be registered during the transfer windows otherwise they can't play for the first team so it means I can't give Vieira a chance to come on as sub for the First Team

LlfE2.png

2014/2015 Review - Portimonense S.C. - Portuguese Second League

Portuguese Second League

Very surprising season in the league, never expected my team to perform so well, the transfers we made fitted into the squad without much difficulty and we produced some very nice football this season. Our season didn't get off to a great start, losing 3-0 away from home against Sp. Covilha live on TV, a team which the media predicted to finish in 11th position this season. However we then went on a 9 match unbeaten run and this form continued for the majority of the season. The only time we did look dodgy was towards the end of January/ February.

It looked like a real possibility that my team could actually challenge for the title, we drew against Feirense, the title leaders in October recording a respectable 1-1 draw with them away from home. Though the 2nd meeting between the 2 sides wasn't so pleasant with them beating us at home 3-0. They really ran away with the title and had basically secured it in March.

The race for 2nd place was extremely tight, there was numerous clubs going for 2nd place, at one stage there was 6/7 clubs very close on points with each other in the league table. I was hoping to secure 2nd place sooner but it was all decided on the last day of the season. We were 2 points ahead of Santa Clara and 1 ahead of Moreirense. Luckily results went our way, we only could manage a draw as did Santa Clara, while Moreirense lost their final game of the season meaning that we had won promotion!

The fans we're ecstatic that I had lead their team to promotion. The board praised me for this 'unbelievable' promotion and Reuben Fernandes praised me following the clubs promotion.

It's crazy how much my team has improved since last season and if I'm honest I'm left a little bit worried about how we'll do next year in the top flight as there's quite a few aging players in this squad. Hopefully the squad we'll survive, but I'll be relying heavily upon my scouts who'll have to find me a good few quality players for next season.

League table | Results 1 | Results 2 | Past Positions

Taca de Portugal

Disappointing year in the Taca de Portugal, out in the first round to Santa Clara, getting beat in extra time.

Results

Portuguese League Cup

Another year, another exit in the first stage.

Results

Transfers

Despite a number of teams being interested in some of the best performers in my squad, nobody made an offer and so I kept my squad. Only 1 player was brought in.

Nélson Semedo - Brought in as backup to my first choice wingers due to Sequeira getting injured and being out for a good few months

Summary

Key Players

Fabio Felicio - The team's vice captain lead by example this season. He had an incredible season and was involved in nearly every single goal we scored. Without him, I doubt my team would have got any where near 2nd place this season. Runner up in the Player of the Season award and also runner up as the player with the most assists in the league. Unfortunately I received some bad news in the 2nd last game of the season, my assistant reported that he's now well past his prime. I'm hopeful he'll still perform in the top tier and wish to hold on to him until he retires.

Licínio - This player has left me stunned. How has a player like Licínio been playing for an amateur Portuguese club for 2 seasons before signing for us? This striker just ooze's class and is the sort of striker defenders hate to face. It's a shame about his age, I would have loved to have him at the club for a number of years, but he probably only has another season or 2 left in him. It'll be a big test for him to play in the Portuguese top division, though the media said it'd be interesting if he could make the step up to the Second League and he certainly proved he can play at this level and I have faith in him that he'll be able to maintain good performances at the top tier.

Vukasin Devic - The best defender in the club, he's made a great partnership with Fernandes and both of them are great defenders and maybe that's why they perform so well. He bully's strikers and will not give up until he's robbed them of the ball. Again like Felicio and Licínio, I hope he'll be able to make the step up next season.

Finances

The team's position in the league really helped our finances, £700k from finishing 2nd. Hopefully we'll continue to make a profit next season and then we could maybe see some upgrades to the facilities at the club.

Wage Budget: £13k

Balance: £204,654

Summary

A month before the season was over, I was offered a new contract over £1000 p/w, I decided that I deserved a pay rise, so reduced their original offer to £400 p/w, giving me a £100 p/w pay rise and a contract until the end of the 2015/2016 season. Obviously, now that we've been promoted I'll be looking for a bigger contract.

Fan's Player of the Year: Licínio

Portuguese Second League: 2nd PROMOTED (22-13-7)

Taca de Portugal: 1st Round

Portuguese League Cup: First Phase

LlfE2.png

2015/2016 Preview - Portimonense S.C. - Portuguese Premier League

This is our first season in the Premier League, so I'm expecting we'll struggle, but I believe my squad's strong enough to survive in this division. It'd be nice if my club could have a good run in the Taca de Portugal this season, but I guess it really depends on the luck of the draw.

Boards Expectations:

Portuguese Premier League - Avoid Relegation

Transfers *updated with deadline buys*

Had to strengthen my team over the summer, hopefully with these new players, we'll be able to avoid relegation this year. William finally left the club in the summer. Another player who left was Cristiano who wouldn't sign a new contract, he was demanding more wages that I was prepared to offer. Got in a young striker on loan, only for him to get a really bad injury (torn hamstring) a couple days later and be out for 3-4 months as a result I terminated the loan.

IN: £3k

Filipe Goncalves ( M © ) - Experienced center midfielder who has played numerous seasons in this division

Baissama Sankoh ( D (RC) ) - Sierra Leone international who will probably be in the first team. Has experience of playing in the Ligue 2 division in France.

Ilyas Zeytulaev ( M/AM (RL) ) - A former Juventus youth player, who has been playing in the Italian Serie C1/B the last 4 seasons. Has had experience of playing in the Serie B.

Toufik Zeghdane ( D/WB/M/AM (L) ) - Young French left back who has been playing in the Ligue 2 division in France. Should be our first choice LB.

Thomas Eisfeld ( M/AM © ) - Delighted to have signed this guy and I'm sure there's a good number of people who have heard of him before. Former Dortmund youth player who signed for Arsenal in the 2011-2012 season, unfortunately couldn't break into the first team at Arsenal and was released in the summer. He's still quite young so I could see him having a couple good seasons here before moving on to a club playing European football.

Jhon Pírez ( ST ) - Former Chelsea U18 player, didn't make a single appearance for the first team while at Chelsea. He's a good young player and will look to prove himself here like Eisfeld. He'll be competing for a first team spot against Fan's Player of the Year for last season - Licínio. Though I could end up changing the formation at some stage during the season.

Zhang Jiaqi ( DM, M © ) - Signed on deadline day. Chinese international who has been at LEMANS FC his whole career, he's still quite young (23, coming 24 this season) so we could have him for a good few years. He hasn't played much first team football at LEMANS and had less than 20 appearances during his time there. Will be rotated in my squad and will switch between playing him in center midfield and defensive midfield.

Kevin Remanaho ( D (RLC), WB (RL) ) - £3k - Another deadline day buy. Useful player who gives me more options in defence. He's quite young too (22) and was playing for FC Lorient before I signed him.

Summary

Squad

Squad could do with a few more players to help us cope with any potential injury crisis but overall I'm quite happy with my squad. This season should see a debut for the young striker Jose Vieira. The picture is missing my 2 deadline day buys - Kevin Remanaho and Zhang Jiaqi

UDa3m.png?1

Finances

Staying in the black which is good to see. Projected balance is £1.19M, would be nice if it does end up at that figure.

Transfer Budget: £23.7k

Wage Budget: £18,220

Balance: £68, 714

Summary

Jose Vieira seems to be a top prospect. Scored in his second appearance for the club, a cup match where he came on as a sub. He then came on as a sub in his 3rd game (another cup game) scoring a very nice free kick.

Here's the first of hopefully many goals that Jose Vieira will go on to score for the club.

[video=youtube;oyd3qlAC27A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyd3qlAC27A

Really hope he develops well and doesn't receive a very bad injury. Think I'm going to keep him at the club this season, letting him play for the U19's and occasionally bring him on as a sub for the first team. Then I may look to loan him next season unless we're short of strikers at the club.

LlfE2.png

Dean Wakefield Resigns 3/4/2016

Dean Wakefield has decided to resign as manager of Portimonense, with 3 games remaining of the season, his team sitting in last position, with only 12 points to their name despite having played 27 games this season. Dean Wakefield came in at the start of the 2013/2014 season and has done well in his first job as a football manager, managing to secure promotion in his second season. He hasn't done as well as he would have hoped in this very strong Portuguese Premier League and his team was outclassed by all the big teams in this division.

Portimonense will not only have to find a replacement for Dean Wakefield, but also for Licínio who announced halfway through the season that he'll hang up his boots at the end of the season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought about staying with Portimonense if they got relegated, but I believe the club will see numerous players leaving and could find themselves in another bad financial situation. Will keep my eyes open for interesting jobs, don't really want to stay in Portugal but I'm not going to rule it out.

I'm guessing that we probably signed too many players and too many foreign players too quickly and as a result we struggled on the pitch. Disappointing to get only 3 wins and 3 draws during my time in the top division in Portugal.

League

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Manager History

Been offered a couple a jobs since I left my Portimonense, first Luton who are in the BSP. They approached me in the summer but I felt I could at least get a club in League 2 and I wasn't too sure if I wanted to move to an English club so early in my career. The second club that approached me was Bury who were sitting in a mid table position in Oct, expecting me to come in and lead them to a play off spot, it would be a challenge but one which I wasn't interested in.

I wasn't sure how long it'd take before I'd be able to get a job offer that I'd take but then I got just what I wanted....

CryXb.png?1

Did a bit of research on Rosengård city itself and discovered that it's a city district in Malmö, Sweden. Rosengård apparently means "Rose court" in Swedish. Another interesting piece of information I found was that apparently Zlatan Ibrahimović was born and raise in Rosengård and apparently they were his very first football club.

PqnbU.png

FC Rosengård Confirm Wakefield Deal

In a statement to the press, FC Rosengård have announced that former Portimonense boss Dean Wakefield, has been appointed as manager to replace the sacked Lars Rihm. The club finished in 3rd position last season, their first season back in the Swedish Second Division since being relegated. The board at FC Rosengård were looking for a manager who had previously had experience in guiding his team to promotion, something which Dean Wakefield managed to achieve in just his 2nd season at Portimonense.

The 32 year old had this to say:

"I'm delighted to be appointed manager of this club and hope to bring success to the club in the very near future. It's great to have this opportunity to manage in Sweden and I look forward to the challenge."

Some members of the press have question his move to the club, asking why he decided to go for a smaller club than his former club, Portimonense. They asked if he was selling himself short or if he just didn't have any ambition and suggested that this move was a big step down.

"I wouldn't say I'm selling myself short, I received a couple offers before this some of which would have probably been easier jobs. I proved my ability as a manager at Portimonense and guided them to promotion. I want to do the same here, I'm coming in with the aim of getting this club promoted. This club has the potential to grow and hopefully it will in the next few seasons while I'm manager here.

He was also questioned by the media if he had any regrets in resigning from his position as manager of Portimonense.

"Things weren't going the way I would have liked at Portimonense. I enjoyed my stay there but I felt like it was the right time to leave. I wish them all the best for the future.

ycOOC.png?1

The squad here could do with being strengthened, especially with GKs and Midfielders. I'll look to bring in a few new signings to help improve the squad, then get a formation which will get the best out of my best players. In my opinion Samuel Aziz is my best player, a striker who'll hopefully score loads of goals while I'm here.

5m2U9.png?1

PqnbU.png

2017 Preview - FC Rosengård - Swedish Second Division South Gotaland

Looking forward to this season, hopefully things will go well here at FC Rosengård and I wont be sacked during my time here. I'm being put under pressure to win the title this year, there's only 1 promotion spot in the Swedish Second Divisions which goes to the winners of the division.

Boards Expectations:

Swedish Second Division South Gotalan - Winners

Swedish Cup - 2nd Round

Transfers

Got 3 players coming in which should help my chances of winning the league. They're not the best signings I've ever made but they should hopefully improve the depth at the club.

IN: £4k

Anders Helgesson ( M® ) - Before I signed him, we didn't really have a right midfielder in the first team, apart from Aziz who's naturally a striker. He's young and has potential.

Dennis Widgren ( D/WB(L), M(LC) ) - £4k - The team needed a new LB and thankfully I found Widgren, did cost us £4k to get him in but hopefully he'll prove to everyone that he was worth every penny.

Jakob Rydberg ( M© ) - Brought him in to give us more options in the center of midfield. Has experience of playing in this division for 2 seasons.

Summary

Squad

This is the squad I'll have for basically the whole season. Could really do with a new GK, currently using 2 young GKs which aren't that great.

fnqDg.png?2

oKm0N.png?2

Finances

We're in the black which is good, but I'm sure we'll continue to lose money throughout the season. We've got a good sponsorship deal but not sure if that alone will keep us in the black.

Transfer Budget: £41,452

Wage Budget: £4,071

Balance: £348,543

Summary

You're expected to win the league. You must be good then! (Or the rest of the league are ***** :D)
That's a lot of pressure.

There is pressure on me to deliver the goods (being the title) straight away but I've checked some of the other squads and we seem to be better than most squads but there is one or 2 clubs in this division which could challenge us. Hopefully we'll win the title and I'll still have my job by the end of the season.

I would bank on the sponsorship deals absolutely collapsing in value when they're renegotiated... that's my usual experience in FM with small teams.

Good luck though, looks like it might be a bit of a challenge!

Luckily for me it's not due to expire until 2019 iirc but I do expect it to fall quite a lot when 2019 arrives, pretty sure the sponsorship levels even in the league above me is quite poor but it is something I'll have to look into. Thanks, hoping to get this club promoted then once promoted, look to establish ourselves in the league.

Archived