DeadlyDevices HeX Verison 2 - "Defensive Bigfoot" [FM2013]

Hello again. I've made tactics and posted them here before, and while I found FM13 to be the most difficult of them to work with, I believe I have found a good solid foundation. I don't know about you all, but I had insane trouble keeping the goals out in my saves, and I have finally stumbled upon a defensively sound tactic set. Hence, I feel like I've found bigfoot by simply not leaking 5 goals a match no matter the opposition. Without further ado,

DeadlyDevice's HeX Version 2

The tactic is a 4-1-1-3-1. It attempts to play with basically a back 5 (2 DC, 2 fullbacks and 1 DM), 1 transition midfielder (MC) and 4 scorers (AML/R, AMC, and ST). The tactic is very strong offensively, and stable defensively. There is a HOME version and an AWAY version, I recommend sticking with those setups.

I will be updating with newer versions as I improve the tactic, so any advice/suggestions/results you can give me are AWESOME and we can work together to create a great plug and play set of tactics.

atTDj.jpg

Basics

- Your two central defenders should be good in the air, because they will get on the end of corners and the opposition will launch many long balls down the middle for you to deal with.

- Your striker can be either a poacher (I use walcott for good effect) or a traditional all-around forward (Giroud and Demba Ba both perform fantastically)

- Your two wingers should be winger/strikers, such as Walcott, Podolski, Hazard, Sturridge, Ronaldo etc. capable of putting the ball in the net

- Your DM should be an anchor man/destroyer type - M'vila, etc.

- Your MC should be the 'carrier' such as Yaya Toure or a non-broken Diaby

- Your AMC should be the hub of your attacking killer moves - Mata, Cazorla, Messi, etc.

Important

1. Togetherness

To share from a previous thread of mine (2006? 2007? old but still true!): "THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS SQUAD HARMONY AND 'TOGETHERNESS'. The worst thing you can do is buy 5-6 players for your starting XI to begin a season. Even a team with Buffon, Fabregas, Aguero, Villa, Torres, Lampard, Ashley Young, Messi, Xavi, etc. etc. WILL DO WORSE IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON then the original starting XI's of any team. Basically, limit your starting XI replacements and give them time to adapt and learn about each other. What i would suggest is limiting yourself to 2 new starting players, and only a few other new rotation players per season/transfer window." Use team cohesion training during the preseason!

Also: "When buying new players, it usually helps to 'blood' them into the team before putting them in your starting XI week in and week out. By blooding, I mean giving them a few substitution apperances or cup games to allow them to acclimate themselves to their new country, city and/or team. For example, I purchased Ribery in January transfer window, and gave him 5 games as 60th minute substitues along with 2 cup games before playing him in the league week in and week out and he has adapted fantastically and is playing amazing football."

2. Assman, OIs, etc.

Unless you know what your doing, let your Assman do team-talks AND opponent instructions for you. If you know what your doing, by all means take it into your own hands, but don't sabotage your team through bad team-talks that most assistants are more than capable of handling.

Download

http://flashmirrors.com/files/10cjge19strc50j/Hex2.rar

^ this link provides 10+ free sites for you to download from. If you would like me to upload it somewhere else, please don't hesitate to ask.

Alternative links: https://hotfile.com/dl/180999399/771f474/Hex2.rar.html or https://rapidshare.com/files/4125315582/Hex2.rar

Results

EPL Champions with Arsenal

9Jfmv.jpg

Games Played: 55, Win Ratio: 70%, Goal Difference: 59

Undefeated at home in EPL - 16-3-0

Away record - 11-2-6

7aehU.jpg

For the next version... (mostly for myself)

- Away form especially draws vs smaller teams

- AMC effectiveness improvement

- TM/Complete forward instead of Poacher?

Last words...

I really hope you guys enjoy the tactic and that it brings you success. I would very much appreciate if you posted your results, thoughts, questions, and suggestions here. I promise to get back to you all eventually but I do work full-time and attend school, so don't expect an instant response!

I'm currently trying this, I have a very very bad team in a fairly low league and we were on a losing streak, we're still losing but we have lots of cccs and I think we just lack a good morale right now. Looks encouraging so far, I'll post results later in the season

deadly is this compat with 13.3 ? if you've found stability then you're ahead of everyone else with this patch

Yep!

To everyone else, please give them a good run out (half a season) before deciding if its any good. And any suggestions, results, advice, etc. is very much appreciated to help me improve the tactic!

This tactic has been a huge success for me with my Newcastle team, i will post results up later, I am unbeaten in 14 in all comps, sitting 3rd in the league.

Awesome to hear man! Please keep us updated, let me know how its going!

Have you tried moving the AMC back to MC when away from home? I've been doing that in my tactics set and finding it useful for defensive stability without really losing too much in an attacking sense

Ive experimented with some shifting of the midfield, but I will definitely try it out again with more focus! a BIG thanks for your advice. Stuff like this is what will help me improve, much appreciated man!

first of all - this ranks among the most stable tactics for 13.1.3 so far. Biggest issue are away games versus very strong teams (Barca, Juventus, ManU etc.). It seems that even the away version can't stop the onslaught that these teams are putting on me.

I am experimenting now with dropping the AMC to MC and dedicating one MC to Defend.

first of all - this ranks among the most stable tactics for 13.1.3 so far. Biggest issue are away games versus very strong teams (Barca, Juventus, ManU etc.). It seems that even the away version can't stop the onslaught that these teams are putting on me.

I am experimenting now with dropping the AMC to MC and dedicating one MC to Defend.

Glad it's working for you. I'm working on a new away tactic that has found some success for me, but im going through a computer change (laptop fried, running on fumes right now, new one comes in on Wednesday)... killing me thinking I hit some gold but unable to play to see! Hopefully soon.

Let me know how your changes work though, would love to hear your results!

I am using your tactic with my Stoke save. Have used it for half a season with reasonable success. Before I was struggling but finished safely at 11th place in the end. Hopefully will my summer signings improve my team with your tactic :O)

• 2 weeks later...

best tactic for new patch. Was in relegation zone in hungarian 2nd div, started using this tactic and started winning immediately. 5 games played so far, 3 games won, 2 drawn, with a newly promoted team into 2nd div that i took over, and that is one of weakest teams in div!!

Football played is great to look at also.

keep ya posted

I'm going to give this a go with my Aston Villa side. Currently, nothing I have done seems to be working - at least I can say I know how Paul Lambert feels!

Just finished my first game and actually won! 4-1 against Swansea City and the goal I conceded was because of my DMC playing like an utter berk for the whole game.

I'll give it 15 games, or until I'm sacked, whichever comes first and post my thoughts.

Archived