Tutoring a model professional youngster

Interesting point you made, however, Why is it that players with Fairly Professional have a 'Professional' attribute of 15-20 given the calculation ranges? Surely on the basis that you are saying, this would mean that there Prof should be 15-16 but it does not workout this way. I think factors such as Determination etc come into play, therefore allowing a player with a Driven personality to have top professional marks.

Just for example, a 'Model Citizen' has Prof 18-20.

I refer you to this Ultimate Personality Guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307808-The-Ultimate-Personality-Media-Handling-Guide

Driven personality traits are 20 Determination and high Ambition. I don't remember the range of Professionalism, but that's the unknown part of Driven. If you get indications that a Driven personality is also Professional, you have a winner.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Driven personality traits are 20 Determination and high Ambition. I don't remember the range of Professionalism, but that's the unknown part of Driven. If you get indications that a Driven personality is also Professional, you have a winner.

Yeah I had the message in the training section. My coach said that the player takes a very professional approach. I'm guessing he has to be somewhere between 18-20. What would you say it is?

Yeah I had the message in the training section. My coach said that the player takes a very professional approach. I'm guessing he has to be somewhere between 18-20. What would you say it is?

As long as he doesn't complain and reacts well to warnings against complacency I don't think the exact figure matters. I get that message for players who are unlikely to have more than 15, though. I don't know what the threshold is to get the "looks professional" in matches.

Interesting point you made, however, Why is it that players with Fairly Professional have a 'Professional' attribute of 15-20 given the calculation ranges? Surely on the basis that you are saying, this would mean that there Prof should be 15-16 but it does not workout this way. I think factors such as Determination etc come into play, therefore allowing a player with a Driven personality to have top professional marks.

Just for example, a 'Model Citizen' has Prof 18-20.

I refer you to this Ultimate Personality Guide: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/307808-The-Ultimate-Personality-Media-Handling-Guide

The range for "Fairly Professional" is wrong, at 18 it becomes "Professional". I did some testing a while ago and I recall that when a player has 18 Professionalism he will be described as "Professional" even if he has 20 in Determination and 20 in four of these: Ambition, Loyalty, Pressure, Sportsmanship and Temperament. That will only change when either, Professionalism is 20 and therefore he becomes a "Model Professional", or Determination and all five of the above named attributes are 18 or more, then he will become a "Model Citizen".

A "Driven" player will have a Professional attribute of 17 at most. (not to be sniffed at)

Unfortunately a very useful piece of information that could indicate the Professionalism of a player has been removed from Scout reports this year. The aim was to build a squad with a "Professional Personality" and you would benefit from this:

HcMcc.png

The highlighted part is what has been removed. As long as you had some form of 'professional squad personality' it revealed a player's professionalism hidden beneath each of the many simple personality descriptions. (sometimes it would say "adds to the professionalism of the club" always good news)

The brilliant reason for removing this little gem of information is in Post #11 here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/328563-Scout-reports-coach-reports-less-informative-on-FM13

Good eh!

I turned the Nocuous personality rules into a spreadsheet, if anyone's interested. I suspect that it isn't quite right for Born Leader / Leader, as these categories were missing from his original post, but I find it quicker that working everything out with pen and paper.

With Macon's permission I put the file on mediafire:

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?1p68plsirdh5w7d

Zipped version: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ezl82oww1e7kq3

Instructions:

It should be fairly easy to use: the only cells where you should ever enter data are the ones which are coloured yellow.

In B40, if the player is a non-newgen, leave it blank (as it is now). (I tested this and this is correct though your email had it reversed here -Smac)

If it’s a newgen, enter the letter Y in uppercase.

C40 offers you drop-down values for all possible player personality descriptions (can’t absolutely guarantee answers are correct for Leaders and Born Leaders).

Enter determination in D40.

C43 offers drop-down values for all possible media handling

descriptions. Once all these values are entered, columns E and F show you the range of possible values for professionalism, pressure, ambition,

loyalty, sportsmanship, temperament, and controversy.

Thanks again Macon. Very handy. And having the spreadsheet open it's pretty easy to have another sheet going to keep track of a group of players. I tried uploading it to googledocs but it was beyond the cell limit for them.

The range for "Fairly Professional" is wrong, at 18 it becomes "Professional". I did some testing a while ago and I recall that when a player has 18 Professionalism he will be described as "Professional" even if he has 20 in Determination and 20 in four of these: Ambition, Loyalty, Pressure, Sportsmanship and Temperament. That will only change when either, Professionalism is 20 and therefore he becomes a "Model Professional", or Determination and all five of the above named attributes are 18 or more, then he will become a "Model Citizen".

A "Driven" player will have a Professional attribute of 17 at most. (not to be sniffed at)

Unfortunately a very useful piece of information that could indicate the Professionalism of a player has been removed from Scout reports this year. The aim was to build a squad with a "Professional Personality" and you would benefit from this:

HcMcc.png

The highlighted part is what has been removed. As long as you had some form of 'professional squad personality' it revealed a player's professionalism hidden beneath each of the many simple personality descriptions. (sometimes it would say "adds to the professionalism of the club" always good news)

The brilliant reason for removing this little gem of information is in Post #11 here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/328563-Scout-reports-coach-reports-less-informative-on-FM13

Good eh!

Madness, sheer madness! They removed that info just so they could make the reports page look better graphically lol

• 3 weeks later...

Tutoring will affect these hidden attributes:

Adaptability

Ambition

Controversy

Loyalty

Pressure

Professionalism

Sportsmanship

Temperament

And determination as a viewable mental attribute.

The most important mental traits would be Ambition, professionalism, determinination and pressure. But how important are mental traits like pressure and the other ones such as Adaptability, Controversy, Loaylty, Sportsmanship and Temperament? How would you rate them? Would any of these mental traits be affected of training and competetive matches without tutoring?

We also got some Hidden attributes that's not gonna be affected by tutoring(not from own experience, but others), but only by competetive matches. These are:

Consistency

Dirtiness

Important Matches

Injury Proneness

Versatility

I suppose playing competetive matches and getting involved in "Big games" would let you gain more CA in Consistency and Important matches. Is this true? Would any of the other attributes be affected and why?

SI hasn't confirmed which attributes improve in which way, and what exactly triggers CA to be "released". It is just observations from people not having access to the code. Sometimes you can see all attributes taking a little "leap", and green arrows all over. Those occasions coincide with landmarks in my experience. I have also had a world class goalkeeper who at young age had the weakness "won't cope with the pressure of playing at this level" (or something like that), but after a few years this weakness disappeared. The "playing nervously" body language also stopped appearing in big matches when he became 25+. This indicates that Pressure does improve over time, and I think it is unlikely that this was done only after landmarks because there aren't that many of those.

In FM13 I have a young team and it is clear to me that the "you can't win with kids" cliché has gained strength in this version. Young players are almost always nervous even when I tell them no pressure. As they grow older and more experienced, that body language become rarer. They cannot always be trusted to play well, though, while some of my more experienced players are more trustworthy in that respect. I think this means that in FM13 Pressure and Consistency are age related, either through starting low and quickly increasing, or through an age-related override of their actual Consistency and Pressure attributes so that a regen with 15 in Consistency will have 5 as a 17 year-old, 10 as a 18 y-o and only get his real consistency at age 19. Without FMRTE it is impossible to know which it is.

Tutoring will affect these hidden attributes:

Adaptability

Ambition

Controversy

Loyalty

Pressure

Professionalism

Sportsmanship

Temperament

And determination as a viewable mental attribute.

The most important mental traits would be Ambition, professionalism, determinination and pressure. But how important are mental traits like pressure and the other ones such as Adaptability, Controversy, Loaylty, Sportsmanship and Temperament? How would you rate them? Would any of these mental traits be affected of training and competetive matches without tutoring?

We also got some Hidden attributes that's not gonna be affected by tutoring(not from own experience, but others), but only by competetive matches. These are:

Consistency

Dirtiness

Important Matches

Injury Proneness

Versatility

I suppose playing competetive matches and getting involved in "Big games" would let you gain more CA in Consistency and Important matches. Is this true? Would any of the other attributes be affected and why?

None of the attributes you mentioned in your post need CA. (unless things have changed recently)

None of the attributes you mentioned in your post need CA. (unless things have changed recently)

Sorry, I meant those hidden attributes values would just increase. But are we sure that an increase or decrease in the hidden attributes values doesn't affect the CA directly somehow?

Sorry, I meant those hidden attributes values would just increase. But are we sure that an increase or decrease in the hidden attributes values doesn't affect the CA directly somehow?

I think he meant that the CA distribution system uses attribute weighting, and that the attributes you mentioned have a weighting of 0. They should therefore be connected to a different system, if they increase at all. I believe that is a system of age, tutoring and "landmarks" or "events".

How does the tutoring pick up the possible player to tutor ? Usually, in my game it picks up only reserve or U18 players when I am plenty of youngsters also in my first team. :confused:

It has to do with reputation, position and age, not squad status.

• 7 months later...

I have been trying to transfer the PPM arrives late in the opposition area onto my newgens but even after having the same tutor with the same newgen, the PPM has still not transferred. Is there any way to ensure that the PPM gets transferred or is it just luck to get it to transfer?

Archived