EPL Work Permit Rules?

Now I thought the EPL's Work Permit rules were 75% of a national teams games in the last year? Clearly I'm wrong, however, as I've signed an 18 y/o Costa Rican DC with 10 caps in the last year and a half, and he doesn't have a work permit. Similarly, I've signed Togo's top Striker, with 13 caps/7 goals, and he too is not given a work permit?

Anyone got any ideas?

The team has to be ranked supposedly in the top 20 in the world. Although I had a South African RB who had been playing internationally at least for the previous year that I thought would revolutionize my Leeds squad, agreed the transfer, agreed the contract, didn't get the work permit, and that was that! He went on to become really good, and of course my team looked in need of a good RB! If you have a decent transfer budget this sort of thing isn't a problem, there is always another player! But on a tight budget, this kind of thing just hurts!

Can you still bring them to the club, and possibly loan them, to Belgium or Romania or somewhere?

The EPL work permit rules seem a bit off I think. I can only remember once having a WP granted without having to appeal. Even for top players an appeal is nearly always required.

I signed a world class mexican striker in my game from Chivas. Scored around 40 goals in 60 games form mexico. For some reason the initial application was rejected. It was accepted on appeal. He was 25 years old and was a regular fixture in the top 20 ranked mexico national team.

There is normally a clause allowing a player from a non-top 70 club to get a permit if they have a high reputation or potential. I signed an 18 year old US striker with no caps but who had really high ability and potential. And by high ability I mean already a decent Prem player, though not yet a starter.

isaac vorsah------ He is a ghanian international who is a regular for them has 58 caps for them. I'm in 2015 and he won the African Cup of nations with them in this year so definetly been playing more than 75% of the games and they are ranked 14th in the world. However was refused a work permit. He was going to be a key player for me and is a talent so do not get it at all.

Archived