Swansea Treble First Season(Sumthins 4-2-3-1).

This tactic is for patch 12.2.2 - but works on older patches.

Presentation

Hello everyone, this is my latest tactic. It's is the tweaked version of my previous tactic. And a lot of work has been put into it to repair the complains of goals conceded. I have done a lot of changes namely, mentalities, closing down and marking of the CBs, Fbs, DMs, Wingers and the Strikers.

I hope I have done justice to all those who looked forward to it with an amazing tactic!

The Tactic

237506d1334133524t-sumthins-4-2-3-1-screen-shot-2012-04-11-5.47.06-pm.png

Formation: 4-2-3-1

The tactic aims to not let the opponents have CCC while creating CCC by quickly counter attacking.

For this reason pacey players are needed in the sides and in the striker role.

Results

Swansea:

(won the incredible treble 1st season)

238283d1334317279t-sumthins-4-2-3-1-screen-shot-2012-04-13-9.27.35-pm.png

Manchester United

(only tested for 23 league games)

237512d1334154042t-sumthins-4-2-3-1-screen-shot-2012-04-12-12.18.24-am.png

Barcalona

(short test to see the results with an amazing team)

238293d1334318091t-sumthins-4-2-3-1-screen-shot-2012-04-13-9.54.02-pm.png

Suggested Player types:

(the attributes in green are secondary - good to have, not compulsory)

(the suggested PPMs are in red - recommended to get ultimate benefits)

Goalkeeper:

Attributes: Reflexes, handling, aerial ability, rushing out and one on ones

Full Backs:

Attributes: Stamina, pace, accelaration, marking, tackling, anticipation, positioning, jumping and crossing

Centrebacks:

Attributes: Jumping, strength, anticipation, positioning, marking, tackling, acceleration, determination, bravery and concentration

PPMs: Play simple passes

Defensive Midfielders:

Attributes: Stamina, anticipation, tackling, determination, work rate, strength, passing, creativity and jumping

PPMs: Try killer balls often

Playmaker (AMC):

Attributes: Passing, creavitity, long shots, finishing, technique, flair, off the ball, first touch, teamwork and strength

PPMs: Tries killer balls often, dictates tempo, comes deep to get ball, arrives late in opposition area and look for pass rather than attempt to score (if finishing and long shots are low)

Wingers:

Attributes: Pace, accelaration, off the ball, dribbling, finishing, first touch, technique, long shots, anticipation, compusure, agility, teamwork and crossing (if playing non inverted)

PPMs: Cut inside, move into channels, break offside trap, try killer balls often, run down right/left and look for pass rather than shoot (if finishing is poor and playing out'n'out winger)

Striker:

Attributes: Pace, accelaration, finishing, anticipation, compusure, off the ball, agility, long shots and strength

PPMs: Looks to beat offside trap, moves into channels and places shots

Match Preparation:

• Pre-season - 3 days before league start: Very High focus on Teamwork

• 3 days before league start - tactic is fluid: Very High focus on Defensive Positioning

• Rest of Season: Low or Average focus on Defensive Positioning

IMPORTANT TIPS! (read these):

• Put RB mentality up one click
  • The Striker and the Wingers need to be FAST!
  • Tick Use Playmaker (Team Instructions) and add AMC to playmaker list (in the setpieces tab)
  • Pitch size: Maximum

• Opposition Instructions: No, I didn't use any. I recommend everyone to do the same.

• Play inverted wingers (right foot on left side - left foot on right side)

• ^ Traditionally wingers should work too (not tested thoroughly, but the wingers need to be very speedy ones)

• Rest all players for 2 days in between games

• ^ Rest all players for 1 day if the game is in 2 days.

• Have decent backups for your DMs and FBs - because their stamina will be drained

• Select AML to take throw-ins from left and AMR from the right

• Make sure the corner taker is one of players staying back

• Tweak your defensive setpieces

• Play DM on side which is the same as the preferred foot (right foot on DMCR - left foot on DMCL)

• ^ If both DMs are right footed, play the better creativity passer on DMCR (vice versa for the left footed DMs)

The TeamTalk Guide!

(my own experience)

>>Before Games!<<

1st scenario: Favourites to WIN:

(assistant says we are expected to win)

HOME AND AWAY:

Aggresively: Expect a win

Calmly/Passionately: Have Faith on all the players who did not react.

2nd scenario: Equal Opponents

(assistant says we should ask them to do this for the fans etc.)

HOME:

Assertively/Passionately/Calmly:Expect win (the less chances you believe you have, the lower you go down the list)

Calmly/Passionately: Have Faith on all the players who did not react.

AWAY:(mix and match - try this at times for home games if team doesn’t react to the home one)

Passionately: For Fans (most won't react)

Calmly: Have Faith on all the players who did not react (and they will react then)

3rd scenario: Expected to LOSE:

(assistant says no one expects anything)

HOME:

Cautiously: For The Fans

Calmly: Have Faith on all players who did not react well

AWAY:

Cautiously: No Pressure

Calmly: Have Faith on all individual players

>>Half Time (Most Important)!<<

1st scenario: Drawing or Losing

Aggresively: Expect Better for the whole team

Calmly: Have Faith on all players who did not react well and played ok around higher 6.

Calmly: Happy for players who are playing with confidence or doing well above 7 and got angry.

Calmly: Dissapointed: For players who were playing poorly and did not react below 6.5.

2rd scenario: Winning by one goal margin

Calmly: Expect Better for the whole team.

Cautiously: Have Faith on all players who did not react well and played ok around higher 6.

Cautiously: Happy for players who are playing with confidence or doing well above 7 and got angry.

Cautiously: Dissapointed for players who were playing poorly and did not react below 6.5.

3nd scenario: Winning by more than one goal

Cautiously: Avoid Complacency and it can change any moment for team.

Cautiously: Have Faith on all players who did not react well and played ok around higher 6.

Cautiously/Calmly: Happy With Performance for players who are playing with confidence or doing well above 7 AND GOT ANGRY.

Cautiously: Dissapointed for players who were playing poorly and did not react below 6.5.

>>Full Time!<<

1st scenario: Win

HOME: Calmly: Good Win

AWAY: Passionately: Good Win

2rd scenario: Draw

Good Performance (against better quality opposition):

Calmly: Unlucky or Great Effort

Bad Performance (match expected to win)

Assertively: Poor performance

3nd scenario: Loss

Aggresively: Poor Performance

Player Interaction: (after every game)

Cautiously: Passing was good with rating above 7.8.

Assertively: Passing was poor with rating below 6.8.

TACTIC LINKS:

1.MY VERSION WITH NEW DEFENSIVE CORNERS:

http://uploading.com/files/fa8bfm55/...2BVERSION.tac/

http://www.4shared.com/file/ijRn6rLk...T_VERSION.html

2.MY VERSION WITH PREVIOUS CORNER ROUTINE:

Download 4-2-3-1 v3.tac for free on uploading.com

4-2-3-1 v3.tac - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

- Layout/design done by user haldme

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Sorry for my English, I’m French but I treat myself)

I use this tactic for several game (and tested also), and the results are very good.

It is much more offensive than the version with a 1 DM and 2 CM. ( 12.2 tweaked further XP, previous version) So do not forget to change between those tactics on teams you face or if you want control the middle during a match

Don't Forget :

* You need to have 2 fast FB

* 2 fast Winger and good finishers

* Your DM's need to be very strong because they must cover a large part of the pitch

* A very very good AMC, because he is one who can save the game !!! (In my save, i've got E.Hazard)

One thing i've tried sometimes. If your AMC is not doing a good match (agasint Strong opponents DM for example), try do put "Run from Deep" on Rarely.

This will bring it down to win the ball and give him the opportunity to go alone or find players deep.

Here some results (Tactic start against CSKA Moscow) :

mini_567936LOSCLilleMtropoleCalendrierCalendrier.png

mini_319166LOSCLilleMtropolevSCBastiaSplitView.png

Thanks to Mr.Hough who have made a solid base

Figured since I've been testing it out to post some results here in the thread.

Started using it when my third season with Malmö was about to start and this is how it went.

eifUb.png

After those games Mancini had only ended up in 6th place in PL and City wanted to have me as a manager and I accepted the job offer, this is how it has gone so far.

Que75.png

I like the tactic a lot and it's working out great for me so great job on the tactic akash777 and also props to Mr Hough for the base of this tactic.

Guys I am made a team talk guide,as in my team talk which is working wonders for me and my swansea team and worked great for manchester untied and wolves earlier.I am first in the first season in the EPL after 20 games with swansea no transfers.I am playing the tactics linked here with one exception,I have the amc onto run from deep to never and last few games have resulted in more CCC's,you guys could try that.Also,I am going to now test putting the amc onto playmaker list and turning on use playmaker to see how this works.The ideas have come to me from intense and collzy in the fmbase forums.And here is the team talk guide,use it with the tactic to get breathtaking results,such as my swansea save.I still can't believe I am first with swansea after 20 games:O

HERES WHAT I USE TO MOTIVATE:

beginning:

AGG-EXPECT WIN(HOME FAVOURITES/MARGINAL FAVOURITES)

and then PASSIONATELY OR ASSERTIVELY I HAVE FAITH ON THEM) for all players one by one

PASSIONATELY-FOR THE FANS-(AWAY FAVOURITES)----this I'm having trouble with-my worst games are these games.

and then CALMLY OR PASSIONATELY I HAVE FAITH ON THEM one by one.

And if you are zero favorites:CALMLY OR CAUTIOUSLY-no pressure and then then calmly or assertively or passionately have faith on individuals.

HALFTIME-if we are winning by 1 goal or drawing or loosing-AGGRESIVELY much better,and then passionately have faith on players that react badly.

if we are winning by more than 1 goal,cautiously-dont get complacent,and then passionately have faith on players that react badly.

Fulltime-aggresively-much better if lost or drawn on game where we were favorites.and if we were were not favorites,still the same.

passionately-well done-if good win and away from home

calmly-well done-if home game win.

ad for all full-time,passionately or calmly did well for all the others that played well and dint react.

if someone can find something better for the away games where we are marginal favorites or home games where we are marginal favorites,please let me know..they are my achilles heel atm,winning against arsenal and chelsea but loosing against,west brom :/

Less than the number they would score if using mr.hough original version with everyone on lurk.But still the joint top in the league on corner scores or 5-10 more than number 2 in the league,which I think is normal.

Less than the number they would score if using mr.hough original version with everyone on lurk.But still the joint top in the league on corner scores or 5-10 more than number 2 in the league,which I think is normal.

Is it the routine where the corner is delivered to the front post; and then the player flicks it in???

OH and I am making my AM to run from deep to rarely,he seems to get on the ball more and more CCC's.but I am still testing it,maybe I will put him on playmaker with use playmaker and see what happens

I am now officially playing al my games using this.This has fixed the problem I was having with away games,also this results in more possession in all games,the playing style changes if you put the use playmaker,Results in a slower buildup.

I would advice everyone to play with playmaker on and amc selected as playmaker and make him run from deep to rarely ATLEAST in away games and against teams playing a 4-5-1 with a dm or something,and drop the amc to mc if ur still not creating,makes sure team keeps more possession and creates better chances.

In home games you could use the tactic as it is,it gives equal performances.But I think playmaker and rarely to run from deep is better.

And use my team talk guide,i keep on coming back from stupid first halfs where i am down 3-0 to come back n win 4-3 with swansea.

And for CB,also turn on tight zonal marking if you are conceding stupid goals through the middle.Dont do this if your defenders are really slow though.

Hope you all are having the success I am right now.Its going crazy.

@vitoco-I don't seem to concede anymore,not even with swansea.:O

things shore up in the defence when the team learns how to defend with the marking styles etc.

But if you problems continue turn CB to tight marking,if it still continues turn fullbacks to tight marking and then dm to tight marking.Though this may hurt the attack.

Thanks, akash777, your ans is more polite and friendly and helpful....

OH and I am making my AM to run from deep to rarely,he seems to get on the ball more and more CCC's.but I am still testing it,maybe I will put him on playmaker with use playmaker and see what happens

I am now officially playing al my games using this.This has fixed the problem I was having with away games,also this results in more possession in all games,the playing style changes if you put the use playmaker,Results in a slower buildup.

I would advice everyone to play with playmaker on and amc selected as playmaker and make him run from deep to rarely ATLEAST in away games and against teams playing a 4-5-1 with a dm or something,and drop the amc to mc if ur still not creating,makes sure team keeps more possession and creates better chances.

In home games you could use the tactic as it is,it gives equal performances.But I think playmaker and rarely to run from deep is better.

And use my team talk guide,i keep on coming back from stupid first halfs where i am down 3-0 to come back n win 4-3 with swansea.

And for CB,also turn on tight zonal marking if you are conceding stupid goals through the middle.Dont do this if your defenders are really slow though.

Hope you all are having the success I am right now.Its going crazy.

@vitoco-I don't seem to concede anymore,not even with swansea.:O

things shore up in the defence when the team learns how to defend with the marking styles etc.

But if you problems continue turn CB to tight marking,if it still continues turn fullbacks to tight marking and then dm to tight marking.Though this may hurt the attack.

Have you Untick "Roam from position" for him ?

Have you Untick "Roam from position" for him ?

no but does that make it better?roaming allows him to be involved in the moves,on the left right and centre.

I think the amc should be given a free role,but you are free to not put him to roam and report back as to how it works for you,alright mate?

The best way i've found to make a very playmaking AMC with DMCs is to set him as :

- Run from deep "Rarely"

- Run with ball "Often"

- "Roam from position" and "Hold the ball" Ticked

- Play through balls "Often"

Like this, he's coming deep to get the ball (even if u set him on very high attacking mentality) by himself with his high closing down settings or to get a pass from the DMCs and then, he's running with ball, keeping it and wait for the best opportunity to pass it to the striker or to the wingers.

I've done this in my tactic, my AMC has "bossing the midfield" like every game...;)

Try those settings in your tac and please give me feedback about it

The best way i've found to make a very playmaking AMC with DMCs is to set him as :

- Run from deep "Rarely"

- Run with ball "Often"

- "Roam from position" and "Hold the ball" Ticked

- Play through balls "Often"

Like this, he's coming deep to get the ball (even if u set him on very high attacking mentality) by himself with his high closing down settings or to get a pass from the DMCs and then, he's running with ball, keeping it and wait for the best opportunity to pass it to the striker or to the wingers.

I've done this in my tactic, my AMC has "bossing the midfield" like every game...;)

Try those settings in your tac and please give me feedback about it

These settings are already on my amc,lol.and now he is going crazy.I just had him on run from deep to often before but after dropping that to rarely and putting him in playmaker list,he is bossing the midfield plus scoring almost every game.its raining key passes,assists and goals.lol.

Can you give the tactic a shot perhaps and let me know how it could be made better?

i come from italy...

yes ok akash

i'd like to try it on serie c1 cosenza team...it is very poor team..

yes try it there,it works for poor teams,I'm leading the EPL with Swansea now,no transfers,and only reason I'm dropping points or losing is cuz my team gets tired and i forgot to put them to get rest and their 2nd team is ****.

Just remember,play strongest and best jumping dm

PLAY PLAYERS WITH BEST FITNESS over BETTER PLAYER in defence positions.

AND LOOK FOR SPEED on the wings and poacher.

I've tried urs akash and it's great u have done a really good job !

Mine will be ready soon, i have a lot of irl work atm, trying to make asap ;)

thanks mate,any screenshots or anything?

And what is your formation?

Im planning on transferring this to make it to mc and 1 am,lol. :p

but can't find defensive stability atm.

And i know what u mean,i got uni midterms next week and i just can't start studying.Having too much fun with swansea.

If you need any help testing or anything,let me know!

akash, Hansah, i love 4-2-3-1, but i need a defensive tactic cause i like to start my career with a very poor team to became it a very good team in the world...so, what is better for me wait for hansah version or your akash?

tell me

my swansea team started off poorly in the defence,but now it has only 10 in 17 games conceded.Thing is the familiarity and the team swansea are in the game compared to rest of the epl,i think you will do great with any team.Just try it.

And read the instructions.

How would you play with Barcelona with this tactic?

ie. who in what postions?

I would play like this:

Valdez

Alves Puyol Pique Abidal

Mascherano Busquets/Xavi/Fabregas

Messi Xavi/Fabregas Iniesta

Villa

If they have more speedy wingers,I would put Xavi to dm and play Iniesta to AMC and play the others.

This is how i play them when i play fifa,and cuenca and pedro as subs to bring on during 60 mins on the wings and put messi in the middle then.

I would play like this:

Valdez

Alves Puyol Pique Abidal

Mascherano Busquets/Xavi/Fabregas

Messi Xavi/Fabregas Iniesta

Villa

If they have more speedy wingers,I would put Xavi to dm and play Iniesta to AMC and play the others.

This is how i play them when i play fifa,and cuenca and pedro as subs to bring on during 60 mins on the wings and put messi in the middle then.

I really intrested in this to use in my save; however I'm worried that I may take over team who have a number of very good AMCs; and lack quality at DMC...

I really intrested in this to use in my save; however I'm worried that I may take over team who have a number of very good AMCs; and lack quality at DMC...

In my swansea team,I have only one dm,I play sigurdsson and allen in dm,and they are both naturally amc.And in manchester United save,i play jack wilshere and fletcher.If you are playing an amc as a dm,make sure U have one natural dm with him and play the amc as an inverted dm,e.g.,right footed amc on left dm,as then he will shoot more and give more diagonals.

Also,when you are using this,make sure of one thing,in the defending corners,do what I said in the first post,as your team is smaller in stature,you need to edit the corner settings.

And dude,you will rape everyone if you are barca,trust me,if you want I can play a few games with barcelona and show you.

In my swansea team,I have only one dm,I play sigurdsson and allen in dm,and they are both naturally amc.And in manchester United save,i play jack wilshere and fletcher.If you are playing an amc as a dm,make sure U have one natural dm with him and play the amc as an inverted dm,e.g.,right footed amc on left dm,as then he will shoot more and give more diagonals.

Also,when you are using this,make sure of one thing,in the defending corners,do what I said in the first post,as your team is smaller in stature,you need to edit the corner settings.

And dude,you will rape everyone if you are barca,trust me,if you want I can play a few games with barcelona and show you.

I dont plan to use it with Barcelona; Thats boring.... I was just trying to use an example of team who have really good attacking MCs.

Did you mention earlier that you were trying to construct this tactic with MCs instead of DMCs???

Thanks for the reply

I dont plan to use it with Barcelona; Thats boring.... I was just trying to use an example of team who have really good attacking MCs.

Did you mention earlier that you were trying to construct this tactic with MCs instead of DMCs???

Thanks for the reply

hahai,just started a save with barcelona for the fun of it.And play the ams in the dms and look at the defending corners,you will be fine.The dms play box to box,so any normal cm can play defensive.

I plan on playing xavi and fabregas on dm :p

@Nykybruno : give a try at akash version, it's a very good tactic !

Mine is more defensive, cause my DMs are set to a "0" notch mentality like CMs in the FuSStudious V2 tac.

But the price of defense is the attacking effiency for sure, i bid on the fact that akash tac will goal more than mine.

Still, i managed to gank Manchester city at home 5-1 on early stages.

I HUGELY agree with akash that "natural fitness" and "stamina" are very important stats with a 4-2-3-1 deep tactic and specially on DMs cause they are kinda in "jack of the all trade" mode, they are running everywhere trying to get the ball back, they are running back to defend, helping with the attack...it's very stamina-hungry

If u plan on getting new players, always try to have 1 or 2 rotation DMs players

hahai,just started a save with barcelona for the fun of it.And play the ams in the dms and look at the defending corners,you will be fine.The dms play box to box,so any normal cm can play defensive.

I plan on playing xavi and fabregas on dm :p

I can see what your saying :)

However are working on trying to use CMs instead of DMCs? I swear you said this earlier?

Started a save with Barcelona,to see how it goes.

First game away against Madrid we lost,1-0.I played the best team,not taking into fact the conditions of the players,2nd game,I played the players with the best conditions and here is the result.i won 5-0 with them having 3 shots and barca having 32,for some reason i can't upload the screenshots here but i could in fmbase.wth:/

It just goes onto show the fact that,PLAYING THE DEFENDERS AND DM's with best physical condition is the most important thing.

And the best part none of the goals were from corners.

the screenshots are on post 34 here :http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/97429-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a-4.html

Can i please send them to someone who can upload them or something?

what i have to do when my ass manager wants to make a staff meeting?

i don't get you mate?backroom advice you mean?take it i guess and use ur judgement to agree with what they say or disagree.

Real - Barca.. red red red cards..

my one there were no reds,just reals asses were red after they got hammered.In the real game and in the game with porto which i won 3-0 and they had just 2 shots,i have tried a new tweak,if all goes well when i test it with swansea and united,i will post it.

akash who amc i My Real Madrid?

Ozil - 5.90

Modric 5.90

Hazard 5.0 rank..:(

did you put amc to run from deep to rarely?

and did you put him in the playmaker list?

and did you tick playmaker?

all 3 should be good.in my saves,anyone i play there plays good.weird.

and let me know,if he still doesn't play well,drop him into mc position.and let me know how you go.

Started a save with Barcelona,to see how it goes.

First game away against Madrid we lost,1-0.I played the best team,not taking into fact the conditions of the players,2nd game,I played the players with the best conditions and here is the result.i won 5-0 with them having 3 shots and barca having 32,for some reason i can't upload the screenshots here but i could in fmbase.wth:/

It just goes onto show the fact that,PLAYING THE DEFENDERS AND DM's with best physical condition is the most important thing.

And the best part none of the goals were from corners.

the screenshots are on post 34 here :http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/97429-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a-4.html

Can i please send them to someone who can upload them or something?

Screeshots are here :

mini_383942ScreenShot20120412at111511PM1.png mini_916771ScreenShot20120412at111459PM.png mini_149227ScreenShot20120412at111453PM.png mini_961001ScreenShot20120412at114314PM.png

Hey guys just woke up and played a few games,these are the results of the new tactic.

The goals haven't dried up,its just that rout ledge and dyer are tired after playing almost every game through out the season.And we are missing chances,but the good thing is we are creating them and opposition aren't.

Keeping 9 clean sheets in a row with a team like Swansea is an achievement in itself.

Just going to finish the season and upload the tactic.

Everyone that has tested it yet far has found the defence to be great and attack has improved too.

I will upload the tactic today,as it is the best I have ever made.

Most probably I will still keep the old tactic,and let people use accordingly,but I recommend this tactic,as it kills teams off.

I also played a few games with it with Barca,3 games with the new tactic.we won all of them.Not conceding any,and averaging 6 goals a game.Well in my 10 games with Barca I did score an average of 6 goals a game

So i think this is it.

Will upload just when all the testers let me know how much they like it or what can be improved.

And lastly one more question,does anyone know how to change the name of the POST?I want to call it something like treble in first season with Swansea without transfers.

As again,I cannot upload screenshots on sigames forums,I'm using a mac,anyone know why the problems,as I can and did upload them in fmbase.Link here:http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/97429-sumthins-4-2-3-1-a-7.html

Post#66.

And can someone please,please go to that website and save the images and upload here,as I can't upload them :/

Archived