What is acceptable for you?

That's not a bug. That's the game working in a way you don't like.

Reloading is never acceptable under any circumstances. Ever.

Telling People how to play their game is not acceptable. Ever.

I used to cheat, but I've now grown out of it. But it's not my, nor anyone else's place, to tell others how they should play their own game.

Telling People how to play their game is not acceptable. Ever.

I used to cheat, but I've now grown out of it. But it's not my, nor anyone else's place, to tell others how they should play their own game.

The problem comes when those that cheat/reload/exploit the ME whatever you want to call it come on forums and talk about how well they are doing.

It cheapens the achievements of others who don't use exploits and gives off the impression to the majority of users that they should be doing better in their own saves.

The problem comes when those that cheat/reload/exploit the ME whatever you want to call it come on forums and talk about how well they are doing.

It cheapens the achievements of others who don't use exploits and gives off the impression to the majority of users that they should be doing better in their own saves.

You're right about that Cougar. Bragging isn't acceptable either.

It has to be said, having now played FM12 since it was offered for a cut price on Steam a few weeks back, the most noticeable bugs are few and far between, and when they reared their ugly heads, I've still come out with a decent result. So the acceptability level has been pretty good and I haven't needed to reload due to these occurrences. :thup:

Like I said, AcidBurn, I don't haven't notice too many bugs directly affecting my games on FM12, but if you did gain an advantage via a bug, I suppose you wouldn't notice it as much as if it positively affected you.

But had I noticed it after the fact, with the amount of chances I miss in a match, I'd take any advantage I can get. I am sure the game wouldn't care either way. And I play lots of practice matches on old saves to give a new tactical idea a try without the result affecting my current save. I have learned much via a trial and error approach, as I am sure many others have.

I'd like to believe because I bought the game, I could replay every game I lost repeatedly if I wished, and everyone whom does buy the game contributes to the income the game makes, so why would anyone really care? I couldn't give a monkey if others are struggling and reload if they decide so. Add to the fact, everyone has the ability to save and reload at their leisure, quite rightly gives people a choice. On any other game, if you die or loose, you replay the same level, and past plays help you to understand how to move on in the game. Why should it be any different for FM?

All this being said, the good news is I haven't needed to yet on FM12, as far as bugs go, this has been one the best versions, so good on SI!

The good news is, thanks to the lack of bugs, not any more.

Can I ask, sometimes if I do win a game comfortably, and I am not absolutely sure how I won or if it was a fluke, I will play it again, just to see if I can repeat the feat. Does any one also do this, and do you also find it helpful in the learning process?

Sometimes, if I fail to win a second time, I do wonder how it can be my tactics, or was it just luck I won first time round, or just complete randomness. I was thinking about this after I had to start my second season again due to a saving issue. I came up against a team whom I beat 6-0 away first time, but this time, I struggled to a 1-0 win playing the same system and tactics.

Yeah i dont see the point in replaying a game no matter what happens, i dont think you really learn from playing the same game over and over, i think you learn better from playing a season, but thats just my opinion.

Its a bit like cheating at solitaire, pointless. It must also take forever to complete a season if you reload often. It takes long enough as it is.

Its not really the cheating part, its FM you play as you want, i use FMRTE to do things some people have classed as cheating but i dont care. Its more the point of what do you learn playing the same game over and over, there are so many things that can change a game in an instant that it makes it pointless, one game could finish 4-0 the next 0-4 because of one incident, what does that teach you about your tactics?

If I am in a game in which the AI or myself benefit from a bug I will reload and holiday over that game but I play in 2D so I have no idea about any of these bugs to do with invisible crossbars etc. Or does that effect 2D? I have no idea.

The only bug I can remember this year was this one where the game started magically producing goals, it did benefit me but I loaded the last save I made and holidayed over it, I can't see how it's cheating to replay it when the bug that happened is impossible and makes the game seem unreal from there onwards.

In real life it'd essentially be a 3-3 draw between those two sides that had been changed to a 4-3 win for the other team which is cheating the league in itself. However if that was to be replayed it would then be fair and real again?

just had a "vicious foul" conceded, at worse it was a shirt tug. :/

reloading shows one thing.. it ISN'T your tactics,, i get the same effect sometimes when i get cup games against a team i am facing in the league.

as man utd against man city

2nd season

community shield 6-1 win to me with a weakened side (olympics)

away 1-3 win to me, they battered me, i got 3 on the counter

home 1-1 I battered them, they score some buggy OG. i equilise, after missing many chances.

if i reloaded any of these at a guess.

community shield result i would not get again and would go either way

away match i would probably lose 7/10

home i would probably win 7/10

I suppose this is why it is difficult to understand the cause and effect of your tactics, especially if you play well, bombard your opponents, yet lose or draw from a set piece, long shot, or CA. Set pieces and penalties against can come across as persistently scripted and paradoxical when you're playing well.

You'd think dominating a game, and creating chances (even though you are missing them), should be a signal that you're on top and due a goal. Although I understand, this can also be deceptive IRL too. But usually, if teams are on top, they score.

There's a line that commentators and pundits use a lot that when a forward is missing many chances; they say, "Well at least he's there to miss them".

With advice from wwfan, I now play a strict CA system, with all my players mentalities set to default. It isn't a pretty way to play, but seems to be effective at preventing the dreaded AI goal against the run of play.

The way i see it is you can be unlucky in a moment, if your continually unlucky your doing something wrong. I learn over a season about my tactic because if it is continually successful then i know i am doing something right, winning one game doesnt really tell me enough, but winning a number of games over a period against varying opposition and circumstances does.

no i wouldn't, i have done that in friendlys and had fluctuations as wide as 8 goals. tactics can not account for it.

i played newcastle twice in a matter of 2 weeks, at home, beat them 5-0 and 6-1 so consistant at least.

so the "its your tactics" stuff to meis not right.

Archived