Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

I may have to start again :(. None of the newly promoted sides have sacked their managers and I don't fancy waiting.

just retire your manager and make a new one with the same name ect. and take over the club of your choice ;)

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm about to join this challenge; currently on holiday.

Just to clarify, we are able to bring our own staff in?

this is answered in the OP and i have answered it again later in the thread. Yes you can bring in your own staff. good luck ;)

Let's try again..... Restarted my save from 23rd June, and this time the choice of promoted clubs was Chester, St Albans and Stafford in the BSN, and Carshalton, Farnborough and Weymouth in the BSS. What swayed my decision is that Carshalton's youth facilties were not rented (plus they have an 8000 capacity stadium), so here goes ....

Manager profile

Club overview

Club facilities

First team squad

Reserve team squad

In terms of finances, I have £30k in the bank, and so far, only 1 friendly arranged, that being away to Dorchester.

Time to arrange a few money spinning (hopefully) friendlies, get 2 or 3 coaches in and 1 scout to spy on future opponents.

Let's try again..... Restarted my save from 23rd June, and this time the choice of promoted clubs was Chester, St Albans and Stafford in the BSN, and Carshalton, Farnborough and Weymouth in the BSS. What swayed my decision is that Carshalton's youth facilties were not rented (plus they have an 8000 capacity stadium), so here goes ....

Manager profile

Club overview

Club facilities

First team squad

Reserve team squad

In terms of finances, I have £30k in the bank, and so far, only 1 friendly arranged, that being away to Dorchester.

Time to arrange a few money spinning (hopefully) friendlies, get 2 or 3 coaches in and 1 scout to spy on future opponents.

Best of luck avramski :) Keep us updated on things.

this is answered in the OP and i have answered it again later in the thread. Yes you can bring in your own staff. good luck ;)

Sorry about that, I was skimming through as I'm really looking forward to this. I understand it can be very annoying answering the same questions!

I'm currently on holiday in May so my information should be up within the next half an hour :)

That's a little more of an issue ;)

Squad

That's every player at the club who isn't greyed out. I'm really pleased with my strikers. But there are definitely going to be some big problems along the course of the season.

I'd say that squad is absolutely fine, I have less players than that, but thankfully not too many injuries so far, touch wood :D

Manager profile

Club overview

Club facilities

First team squad

Reserve team squad

So, after eagerly anticipating my holiday manager's return, the leagues have been refreshed so I am free to choose my new club.

After some 'um's and ah's' I decided to go for Carshalton.

Manager Profile

It's on the 28th as when I pressed continue from the 23rd it just kept going and going!

Aha nice to see more Carshalton managers! Good Choice :thup: It gets tough with such a small squad so don't try and wear them out with hard training schedules but anyway good luck!

Yeah I was quite pleasantly surprised actually. I think it is a case of, to do well injuries must be avoided, for all teams to be honest.

Everything seems to be in place with some lovely and easy (hopefully!) friendlies that should lift morale nicely for the beginning of the season. I'm going to make sure I am very detailed with my micromanagement in this save as I believe it will be crucial.

Yeah I was quite pleasantly surprised actually. I think it is a case of, to do well injuries must be avoided, for all teams to be honest.

Everything seems to be in place with some lovely and easy (hopefully!) friendlies that should lift morale nicely for the beginning of the season. I'm going to make sure I am very detailed with my micromanagement in this save as I believe it will be crucial.

Yes definately, thats why it's taking me so long, i've only just reached beginning of November haha... Make sure you get your Team Meetings right too as they can really help with morale in these lower leagues :) Just done one and 16 came back positive with only one negative.

How are you performing in your league Tactic Master?

Yes I feel the team meetings are key features in the game, especially in saves like this when morale is going to be such a vital factor.

15 games played, 2nd place, one point behind Alfreton and Ironically, I played Alfreton next! Massive match, but i've struggled against some of the top teams, so i'm not that confident.

That's exceptional! Are you going for a rigid approach or are you looking to really go out and attack your opposition?

I attack my opposition we 3 strikers up front, which is reflected with 37 goals and conceded 21. To score, you have to expect to concede... Most of my games are very close, but I seem to just about edge it.

So it's holidayed again and I have a choice of the following teams: Carshalton, St Albans, FC United, Lowestoft, Chester, Lewes. There should be 6 teams to choose from right?

Unsure on who to be really. It's between Chester, FC United and St Albans.

I almost went Chester, the only reason I didn't was because I currently have a save where I have been in the BSN for a fair while so fancied venturing into the south of England this time round.

So yeah, I say Chester :)

That's unlucky, touch wood and you will be fine :)

He should be back just in time for the beginning of the season, well perhaps the second or third game so its not all bad.

Great result against Alfreton to put you top! I very much doubt our performances will be anywhere near those of your Chester side's.

He should be back just in time for the beginning of the season, well perhaps the second or third game so its not all bad.

Great result against Alfreton to put you top! I very much doubt our performances will be anywhere near those of your Chester side's.

At the start of the season I had a few injuries, but as soon as they started light training, I shoved them straight back in the side :D It's the only way with such a small squad.

At the start of the season I had a few injuries, but as soon as they started light training, I shoved them straight back in the side :D It's the only way with such a small squad.

What are your approaches to training? I imagine with the clubs being semi-pro there will be no major development of current players so I have opted for quite a light schedule with the presumably high number of games each player will play.

What are your approaches to training? I imagine with the clubs being semi-pro there will be no major development of current players so I have opted for quite a light schedule with the presumably high number of games each player will play.

At the moment, i'm leaving the schedules on default, because they do work like that, but once I get some good players through, i'll be making individual programs for them. I've had some success with the individual programs on a Barcelona save, so i'm pritty confident in that area.

I hate you for creating this thread :D I've neglected my sign up because of it haha.

ha ha! I'm sure you can juggle both.

guess who are top of the league in my save, Chester! a funny coincidence? i think not ;)

Great stuff. How far in are you?

I've just had the one increase at the start of my save.

Just entered March, interested to see what comes up in the Youth Intake. Desperately need a goalkeeper.

EDIT: Just had my youth Intake and I am very, very happy with it. But I won't reveal them till the end of season which won't be long.

Hmm, all you lot are bad influences. Going to boot mine up now. Currently spending near on £8k on wages. Don't know whether to go with my old approach of extending all players contracts and hope for the best or to leave it and hope I get some good youngsters through. Risks both ways.

Leave things as they are and let go of some players who you clearly wont need, to get that wage bill down.

Yeah thinking of doing that. I'm trying to keep determined players as well. I have a centre back who's not very good and on £350 a week. He's off and I'll happily piggyback him to his next club. Got a determined 16 year old centre back, won't make the grade but he'll do for the time being.

Well pre-season went well, although with some very easy fixtures, by the time I started the season, everyone was fully fit.

Friendlies

Our first league game was at home to Salisbury. We set up to play on the counter and things went surprisingly well for our first game:

Carshalton vs Salisbury

Paul Vine headed home to put us 1-0 up in the first half but we sadly went down to ten men early in the second period. Salisbury missed the resultant penalty and actually went down to ten men themselves.

David Ray then put the game home in the final few minutes with a lovely header.

Very pleased by my start.

Hmm, all you lot are bad influences. Going to boot mine up now. Currently spending near on £8k on wages. Don't know whether to go with my old approach of extending all players contracts and hope for the best or to leave it and hope I get some good youngsters through. Risks both ways.

That's quite a high wage bill! Mine is a measly £2,566 p/w.

Archived