Ri916's FM 12 Youth Academy Challenge!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just registered and come across this challenge. Time to save my current game with the Blue Brazil (Gainsborough Trinity) just before I start my 3rd season in the Premiership! :eek:

Anyway, just setting up the game now, and I'll post again shortly once I've been on holiday for a year and chosen a club.

Ant- welcome to the challenge and it looks like you have a massive job on your hands! keeping hendon up will be difficult, but you can only do your best ;)

stothy- good to see another member of the challenge! good luck with Chester, who seem to have decent resources to stay up but may have high expectations.

Avramski- I thought the blue brazil was Cowdenbeath? welcome and good luck.

Started this with Billericay, have been waiting for a suitable challenge since the new patch came out and this one seems interesting.

Are you going to release a press statement here announcing yourself as manager ;) good luck

Nottingham Forest- sounds like your struggling for players, I dont have this problem. Mine is that they are all s**t!

Everyone- I have added a table of participants to the OP, with everyones names, teams and divisions. Let me know if the division is wrong and if i have missed you out!

This could be a long season. By my third game, I'm down to 2 subs, both goalkeepers. Before half-time, I'm needing to make a sub, my striker who has two is injured and I'm having to play a keeper upfront.

And I thought I had it bad! I've had all my strikers out and had to play the most malco centre back up front. It was no suprise that I didn't score for 3 matches.

By the way just had my Junior Coaching increased, it's now up to "Basic"..

best of luck to all those taking part. I'm setting up the challenge, just doing the holiday atm. i will post a screenie once i have picked my team also i will be doing this with my nationality set as andorran and try to produce top quality andorrans to make a side challenge to this challenge :)

This really does not get any easier. As if only having 11 players to choose from wasn't hard enough, go into a game and manage to be infront after 55 minutes. Until that is, my 16 year old right back, who's had to play centre back and left back this season(playing left back for this game) gets injured. We have to play the remaining game with 10 men and go onto concede. Results don't go our way and whilst it's another point, we're back in the relegation one, two points adrift and my striker, is now out injured for 3 months. Luckily my defender is not injured, just knackered like most of my team.

Going to join in, holidayed a season and took over at Hendon due to there geographic location of being in London and less than 20 minutes from both Tottenham & Arsenal it might encourage youth in the area.

Manager Profile

Contract

Season Expectations

General Information

Facilities

Senior Squad

Staff

Finances

Reserve Squad

Under 18 Squad

There are no under 18's and 19 first team players, we're predicted 21st of 22 and have 2 pre-arranged friendlies against Sutton Utd & Hayes & Yeading and I'll try to arrange a couple of money spinners.

Best of luck mate, I hope you stick with the challenge :)

In a shock announcement, Bradford PA have revealed former Brigg Town player David Perks as their manager. David managed to raise a few eyebrows when he announced he wouldn't be using the transfer market at all, preferring to rely on youth players coming through the ranks.

PS. The bit about being a former Brigg Town player is true as I used to play for them way back when, so I've set my past experience as a semi professional player.

In a shock announcement, Bradford PA have revealed former Brigg Town player David Perks as their manager. David managed to raise a few eyebrows when he announced he wouldn't be using the transfer market at all, preferring to rely on youth players coming through the ranks.

PS. The bit about being a former Brigg Town player is true as I used to play for them way back when, so I've set my past experience as a semi professional player.

I might be wrong, but I think the rules state you have to be a sunday league, I think higher reputations get more respect from players, but you need to work your way up maybe? I'd enquire with Ri916 about it anyway, because who am I to tell you to do this and that? :D

Graham McCormick of Andorran nationality takes the helm at Hendon.

Squad

General Info

Facilities

Expectations

A few players have contracts running out next month and they dont want to know what i can offer them. on the other hand there are many players with a n/a contract, when i go to offer them a part time contract my board will not allow me to set a contract length and i cant get the boys under contract, here is the error

any help appericiated here.

Graham McCormick of Andorran nationality takes the helm at Hendon.

Squad

General Info

Facilities

Expectations

A few players have contracts running out next month and they dont want to know what i can offer them. on the other hand there are many players with a n/a contract, when i go to offer them a part time contract my board will not allow me to set a contract length and i cant get the boys under contract, here is the error

any help appericiated here.

Best of luck and I hope you stick with it :D Bit strange, he's not a grayed out player either is he? Don't know what to do either.

Apologies if that is the case, if so, I'll restart.

sorry mate, has to be sunday league. I understand you were trying to make it realistic but unfortunately rules are rules ;) hope you had a save on 23rd june so you can restart quickly :) and when you do a press announcement, include a screenshot of your manager profile

the_greyham- Welcome and good luck! as for the contract thing i would try changing the squad status. the board may be blocking contracts with wages for backup and rotation players. put it on key player or first team, it could work. if this fails i think forest is right.

going to play some fm for a few hours, so i wont be very active. hoping to finish s1 by the end of the week!

the_greyham- Welcome and good luck! as for the contract thing i would try changing the squad status. the board may be blocking contracts with wages for backup and rotation players. put it on key player or first team, it could work. if this fails i think forest is right.

going to play some fm for a few hours, so i wont be very active. hoping to finish s1 by the end of the week!

Good luck, halfway through Season1 myself and am trying to get it done before this weekend as can't play any then. It's not going as badly as you'd think at the halfway mark..

yes i can only offer contracts if their status is set to first team or key player.

so for updates i will just be doing a big one at the end of the season, whenever that will be. also to anyone out there hit me up on steam id:the greyham [EGC]

yes i can only offer contracts if their status is set to first team or key player.

so for updates i will just be doing a big one at the end of the season, whenever that will be. also to anyone out there hit me up on steam id:the greyham [EGC]

Good luck, i've added you :D

My players are obsessed with red cards...

21st march. use them wisely ;).

if you get relegated dont be dishearted. kingstonian is a very hard team to do it with and this is your first try. the challenge is supposed to be hard ;)

just has junior coaching increased! seems to be the easy one to get early :)

dont even think about getting youth recruitment up for a few years. people tell me it is very hard to get up.

i know people will get very exited when they get a youth intake, but please keep it for the end of season post. you can drop hints on what its been like but i would like the screen to only be put in the end of season update.

21st march. use them wisely ;).

if you get relegated dont be dishearted. kingstonian is a very hard team to do it with and this is your first try. the challenge is supposed to be hard ;)

just has junior coaching increased! seems to be the easy one to get early :)

dont even think about getting youth recruitment up for a few years. people tell me it is very hard to get up.

i know people will get very exited when they get a youth intake, but please keep it for the end of season post. you can drop hints on what its been like but i would like the screen to only be put in the end of season update.

I'm looking forward to March, but i'm so far off... However, I'm overachieving in the league so far :D

They aren't :D. Infact there is one left back who looks decent. There's a striker who's average. I've offered them all deals though. I've figured that you cn offer them a part-time contract on £3 a week. Considering some of them are under 15, I should be locked up for child slave labour ;).

Edit: Gavin Park

Dean Corbett

I should be locked up for child slave labour ;).

get them on high strength and aerobic training, with a ppm, individual focus and position change- that'll get you locked up ;)

how did everyone do in the fa cup?- i've got to the first round.

I don't know, don't really look at that. I know most are rated to be better than what I have but my ass man is rubbish. The left back has some decent attributes imo and he'll do. In my next game, my strikeforce will have an average age of 16 :cool:. I have another cb that's ok and he's gone straight into my side.

I've gone on holiday until the end of April. I'm going to give my assistant the chance to earn some credit.

Also, when newly promoted clubs come up, do they always have a manager or not? If they don't, I was going to resign and continue that way. If they do, then I was going to retire and try again. I'd prefer the first one tbh.

training facilities upgrade :applause:

I'm jealous! How much did it cost?

Progress Update: 10 games into the BSN season and i'm 2nd place with joint points on 1st, but only +11, whilst Alfreton have +17 GD :(

As for the FA Cup, just drawn with Southport in 2nd qualifying round, they scored in 90th minute to hold on for a replay :(

Forest- Sounds like you've given up on this season! its fine to pick a newly promoted club at the end of the season as long as they werent previously playable.

TM- it will cost 95k. sounds like you are doing well!

TM- it will cost 95k. sounds like you are doing well!

I would say we are a resilient type of team, 7 of our games out of 11 were very close, often sneaking a goal late on, or with the draws, we are holding on defensively. I'm a bit worried about going to Southport for the replay... They were the better team I thought, but I thought we'd bagged the game at 2 - 1 going into extra time :(

Season 2012-2013

Blue Square South

Kingstonian

Pre-Season

I put the players fitness and morale to one side as I went in quest of picking up some much needed cash. By the end of pre-season we had won 1 and drew 1 of our many pre-season games. I suffered alot of injuries throughout pre-season so couldn't get a side that was settled.

League: Bottom - Relegated

We actually got off to a winning start and then in out first few games we did well and looked like we could achieve a mid-table finish. Much like pre-season though, we were hit by injuries and when we was, we struggled. A fully fit squad of 17, including 3 keepers isn't enough. So when you're having to play keepers here, there and everywhere and you're struggling to pick 11 players to start, you know that it's going to be tough. We were resilient throughout the season and in most games we were written off which is another thing that didn't help. We had a few spells of form, but ultimately, when you can't score many goals and don't have a big squad, it'll be difficult.

FA Cup: 2nd Qualifying Round

I wanted a cup run as it would have hopefully sped up the progress that we would have made. It wasn't to be and we were out of it before we were in it.

FA Trophy: 1st Round

Another competition I would have liked to have done well in. We didn't but I'm not disappointed that I went out to Chelmsford.

I was sacked on the 27th of April, with one game of the season remaining. I'd love to keep the same manager and try and have another crack at it next season with a newly promoted side. I have a month to wait, so fingers crossed.

Season 2012-2013

Blue Square South

Kingstonian

I was sacked on the 27th of April, with one game of the season remaining. I'd love to keep the same manager and try and have another crack at it next season with a newly promoted side. I have a month to wait, so fingers crossed.

Unlucky :( Better luck next season and I hope you get to keep your manager.

Archived