it was suppose to be our year....but we didn't get the memo!

h0rn3r

This will be my second attempt at a career thread, my first came to an aprupt end after my son thought it would be a good idea to throw my laptop down the stairs (on a separate note is 3years old to young to be beaten?? :confused: kidding btw) i have the old save on stream but i was only one season in and after 2months the intrest in that game had dwindled. So im back with a new laptop and a new desire to start again so here i go again.....

GAME INFO

I have loaded 30 leagues from 9 nations (all in europe)

Medium database...which gives me a total of 51,000 players

OBJECTIVES

My career objective is simple really....i dont have one!! I will be starting unemployed and going on holiday with apply for all jobs ticked, i will only return from holiday when i have a job offer on the table. I will accept the first job that is offered to me as the missus is sick of me laying round the house all day, apparently i need to get out there and put food on the table again!

withnail316....its my first time in Germany, quite looking forward to it, although that could change after a couple of games!

Just doing all the boring things you have to do when you get to a club. Squad, tatics etc. Wish i never said i would take the first club that came calling tho, the squad looks pretty good, its just the small fact that out of 6 strikers at the club 5 of them are layed up on the treatment table and my physio claims there going to be there for a few months!! happy days!!

Oct Update

mth.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

leg1.png

Well after my first month in charge, i'm quite pleased with how things are progressing. With 5 of my 6 strikers out i threw in 20 year old Benedikt Schmid who went about impressing his new manager with 3 goals in 3 games after only previously making 1 sub app for club.

We got knocked out of the German Cup 3rd round, to First Division Gladbach after a spirited 1-0 defeat which put some well needed coppers in the bank and we finished the month with a great 1-0 win against top of the table. All of this without the clubs two leading players, RB Ronny Philp & ST Tobias Schweinsteiger.

Nov Updates

resultsqu.png

lgnov.png

Another good month by the boys, a draw against 5th place followed by two good wins! Also the clubs main striker returned to the bench for the game away at Chemnitz, the traveling support where singing his name from kick off. The only problem was he couldn't get of the bench as Schmid smashed in his first career hat-trick.

Even tho we sit in 12th place at the end of the month we are only 1 points away from 5th place, with only two games in the next month and two games we must fancy ourselfs in. Things are defently on the up for SSV Jahn 2000 Regensburg.....DIE ROTHOSEN!!!!!

Dec Update

decfix.png

dectab.png

Well i was hoping for 2 wins out of 2 in December, but ill have to accept just the 4pts...although we are currently on a 8 game unbeaten for so im still really happy with the direction the club is heading. Well that was till my assistant manager came in for a little chat on the 31st, informing me that basically the whole squad will be out of contract in six months time and i cant give out any contracts at this time cause there all trying to pull my pants down over wages! Including my assistant manager too, wheres the loyalty in this game i guess.

I also noticed this little bit of paper gossip on the internet....allways good for the ego!

intrest.png

Jan Update

janfix.png

jantab.png

Well Jan was a month full of friendlys after the German winter break, on our return to the league tho we just picked up where we had left off. First up was a big away game against 4th placed Aalen, which is a game i had down as a test to see if we were really in the mix or just a mid-table team. The boys did not let me down in the slightest storming off into a 2-0 lead, the nevers set in when conceding a goal, but a change to tatics worked a treat hitting them on the counter with 10mins to go! Even a late goal didnt un-nerve the they held strong when it counted, which just made me one proud boss.

We finished the month in dominating fashion, hammering three past Offenbach without getting out of 2nd gear, which puts us just one point behind the 3rd spot play-off place, the top two seem to be out of reach but i have my sights firmly on that single play-off place. Which makes the next game away at top of the table Erfurt even more mouth watering!!

Feb Update

febfix.png

lge.png

Well this month wasn't bad, still haven't lost a league game since taking over the club. Yet there is a hint of disapointment hanging around the club cause the month could of been so much better! The 5-5 game with top of the table side Erfurt was just a game of football your proud to be apart, but the month ended with a awful 1-1 draw with Osnabruck at home. Its the first game since ive been at the club that ive had to give the players a full blown bollocking, it was awful, we dominated from start to finish and should of been out of sight, nevermind letting them back in the game. If we want a strong finish to the season we need to get that game out of our head straight away, cause were still in with a shout of that 3rd place.

March Update

marchfix.png

marchleague.png

A fantastic effort from the boys this month, picking up 13 from a possible 15 points. The team showed real caracter too, a 91st minute winner from Sebastian Hofmann (his first of the season) against Babelsburg and coming from a goal down with five minutes left to beat Heidenheim away.

So with six games to go in the season we sit in that only play-off spot, a point of second place, but also with a group of clubs lurking behind us to pounce. April is a massive month for us with the next three games set to decide our season, we play Wehen (1st), Bielefeld (8th) and Sandhausen (2nd).

April Update

aaprilfixx.png

aprlge.png

Well the nerves really kicked in this month, every game was like a cup final. Overall im happy with the month as we have secured the play-off spot....but automatic promotion is still up for grabs! We are 2 points behind Sandhausen going into the last game of the season, we have a home game against Chemnitz (who have put a great run together over the last couple of months, taking them from bottom of the league to clinching survival) and Sandhausen are away at Bielefeld, so the dream is still alive.

May Update

mayfix.png

mayleg.png

Well what i time to lose my first league game since becoming a manager! Last game of the season and it was a shocker, the less said the better, especially as Sandhausen lost away at Bielefeld. Time to dust ourselfs down and get our game face on for the play-offs.

Well the play-off game was announced, we would be facing TSV Alemannia Aachen! We would be travelling to Aachen for the first leg before bringing them to the Jahnstadion for the return leg.

1st Leg

1stleg.png

2nd Leg

2ndleg.png

SSV Jahn 2000 Ragensburg have won promotion to the German Second Division!!!!

Season Review 2011-12

mayleg.png

squadsts.png

Fans player of the year....Sebastian Nachreiner

My key players....

Mahmut Temur 22year-old, 42apps, 7goals, 13ass, A.R 7.00

My right winger just grew and grew as the season went along, the team were just far more potent with him in the team. He lead the team with 2.65 dribbles a game which lead to 13 assists. At 22 years-old im expecting him to grow next year, even with a step up in division.

Sebastian Nachreiner 23year old, 34apps, 3goals, 2ass, A.R 7.13

The big centreback was a beast at the back for us this season and rightly won the fans player award. I cant say enough about this young man, its hard to believe he wasn't in the team before my arrival at the club! (he better know who to thank for his career)

Tobias Schweinsteiger 30year old, 30(2)apps, 14goals, 7ass, A.R 7.07

Had a big reputation when i arrived at the club, although i had to wait nine weeks to see him in action due to a big injury. Even the form of young striker Benedikt Schmid didn't worry him...he got a chance and took it, sending Schmid to the bench and kept him there for the rest of the season.

Christoph Schwander 19year-old, 16(4)apps, 1goal, 3ass, A.R 6.83

The best young player at the club with bags of potential, got a run of games towards the end of the season due to injurys. His consistancy was up and down like any young player breaking into a team, but the stat of 81% pass completion shows that he really is one to watch out for.

Also worthy mentions must go to Micheal Hofmann who at 39 years of age was solid between the sticks for us and Philipp Ziereis who at 19, lead the team in tackles a game at 4.24 in his 14 starts.

Around Europe

Belgian Pro League. Standard, Club Brugge

English Premier League. Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Spurs Rel Aston Villa, Bolton, Q.P.R

Ligue 1 OM, FC Sochaux, P.S.G, FC Lorient Rel Caen, Saint-Etienne, Evian

German First Division. Bayen, Leverkusen, Dortmund, Schalke Rel Mainz, Augsburg

Eredivise. Feyenoord, Ajax, Vitesse, Utrecht

Serie A. Inter, Milan, Lazio, Napoli Rel Atalanta, Lecce, Bologna

Portuguese Premier League. Benfica, Porto, Sporting, Braga Rel Beira-Mar, Gil Vicente

Scottish Premier League. Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen Rel St.Mirren

Liga BBVA. Barcelona, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Athletic Bilbao Rel Osasuna, Levante, Rayo

Champions League Barcelona 3-1 Man Utd

Euro Cup Roma 2-1 Inter

Can I ask what experience level you started at ?

I'm in my third season of trying to get out of this league with Offenbach. I'm really impressed that you managed it first time with a very similar team.

Yeah i started with a sunday league player experience, i think my promotion had abit of luck to be honest. A few points here and there i could of finished anywhere in the top ten!!

Season 2012-13

expectations.png

My chairman just wants us to battle hard against relagation this season and his ambition is excatly the same as me! Its going to be a hard battle but its something that i believe as a team we can achieve.

newdeal.png

The chairman was so happy with our promotion that he offered me a improved contract which will keep me at the club for a further three years.

parent.png

This was a terms of me signing a new a deal at the club, that the chairman went out and found us a parent club and i think its a agreement that will benfit the club in the long term.

skint.png

This is one of the reasons we will have a stuggle to survive this year, the club is running at a great loss :(

transferqf.png

Well i lost most of my fringe players over the summer, there contracts were up so as they were all asking for stupid wages and they couldn't break into the starting eleven last season, it was time to go seperate ways. So i spent the summer trying to add a bit of bulk to the squad as i was low on players, the three players who i have signed who will feature heavily this season are.....

Nuno Morais a central midfielder, who i am hoping will add abit of creative flair to a hard working midfield who we already have on the books.

Sebastian Enderle We got Enderle in on loan from Stuttgart, we only had the one left back in the squad after our back up left back tried to bleed us dry. Will be pushing for the starting left back spot from the opening game.

Valentin Babic A experienced player who brings strength to the back line, a nailed on started this season at either center back or right full back. I will be starting him at center back to start, hoping his vital experience will keep us strong and together.

financesv.png

I've managed to keep well under the wage budget to keep the borad happy, although by doing this i dont feel my back up this year is as strong as last season. I'm really hoping this doesn't cost us to much come the end of the season.

August Update

augfix.png

auglge.png

Well not a great month at all to be honest, conceding a 90th minute goal in the last three games is not acceptable at all!! Although all the blame can not be put on the team, i must accept that the poor start to the season must lay at my office door. I knew releasing good squad players to lower the wage bill and replacing them with lower abilty players on cheaper wage but more potential, could cost me and low and behold it has happened. We have been without our midfield bitter and captain Oliver Hein all season and our two most potent attacking threats, both wingers Michael KlauB and Mahmut Temur, which has shown how much we have missed these two with the fact we have only scored two goals all season.

The finances of the club are also starting to affect my mind set towards the club, ive found a few great players which could inprove the squad but each player have chosen to join other teams, as we are unable to offer the wages they require, which isn't really massive wages. On the up side the i have managed to bring in a attacking winger Chadi Amri from Kaierslautern on loan till the end of the season, in hope he might be able to provide the service my striker needs to score a goal and get us moving in the right direction.

September Update

fixsep.png

seplge.png

Well as you can see, the form has not got any better over the last month, if anything it has got worse! No excuses this month either, all the squad is back from the physio's room and up to fitness. Its either a case of the team is not up to the standards of this league or me as a manager is not good enough to get the best out of them.

The finances of the club are also starting to affect my mind set towards the club, ive found a few great players which could inprove the squad but each player have chosen to join other teams, as we are unable to offer the wages they require, which isn't really massive wages.

It might be worth seeing if some of your players won't take a wage cut. Offenbach was losing buckets of money as well but a lot of the players took substantial wage cuts. I was able to knock a fair few guys back to half or less of what they were making without any grumbling. I only had to get rid of two who didn't want to budge. Went from €403k when I arrived to €230k now. I'm looking to get it below €200k.

I don't know what conversion rate the game uses from € to £ but it looks to me like you're on a tiny budget, which makes your promotion all the more impressive.

October Update

octres.png

octlge.png

Well October has been a very strange one, proberly my hardest as a manager! The month started with me thinking about when to hand my resignation in to the board members, then my team went out and shocked me by picking up there first win of the season, away from home of all things too. I then noted online that the manager of AS Monaco had been sacked, so as i had a CV on my office computer, i thought whats the worst that could happen if i sent it to them. Well as it turns out, quite alot....not only did i not get the job, somebody at Monaco let the information of my application get into the public domain! To say the club was unhappy is a under-statement, but lucky for me the chairman understood my ambition and layed his ambition for this club out to me over a nice bottle of vino, so we hugged and both decided to draw a line under the whole thing!

November Update

novfix.png

novlge.png

Well i think i should apply for more jobs on a regular basis, cause its turned the whole out look of the club around. A 1-0 home win against Dresden, gave us our first ever back to back wins in this league and all of a sudden the club were just buzzing with morale skyhigh. Next up was Karlsruhe at home and everything just clicked, we were outstanding stroling to a very comfortable 3-0 win, this was followed up with a solid away point at Igolstadt.

December Update

fixj.png

lge.png

Well a month of mixed feelings, i can have no complaints over the lose to Furth, they were just a better team than us and we were lucky not to concede more than just two. What did anger me was the home draw with Paderborn, it was a game i felt we could of walked away with maximum points but we were very lack luster in the final third. We followed that up with a outstanding draw away at 1860 Munchen, we were just solid at the back and left them only with a few half chances.

So as we go in to the German winter break and i look at the league table i really can't complain, we started the season so badly i thought we were just going to be rock bottom all season, but as the team started to get use to the step up in quality of the opposition, the team started to pick up some very good points, so if we can keep our form from over the last two/three months i think we will be more than ok.

January Update

No games in January due to the winter break, no transfer activity due to the club finances, so pretty quiet on a hole.

I was just going to leave January out all together to save your eyes, but then i recieved this from the chairman at the back end of the month.....

newowner.png

So fingers crossed with this one!! :thup:

Archived