Lost in Iceland? I don't think so

bjoggi33

Keflavík - 2013 Season Review

Icelandic Premier Division

Screenshot2012-03-09at93243PM.png

Another slow start to the season this year and we didn't get to the top of the table until the 13th game of the season.

IUC - Great win against KR in the Final. Finally we progressed trough the groups and went all the way this year.

Icelandic Cup - Lost on penalties vs HK in the third round.

Icelandic Champions Cup - The second Final game vs KR this season and we came out on top again.

Champions League - We lost in the playoffs after winning B36 and Legia in the qualifying rounds.

Fixtures 1 | Fixtures 2

Transfers

Finances

Key Players

Maximiliano González(ST) - What a season for the 20 year old. 33 goals in 30 games and was the League Top Scorer with 15 goals.

Sandy Paillot(DC) - Good season for the defender. He got injured during the latter part of the season but still managed to help the team with 11 goals in all competitions.

Jainudeen Nongwele(MC) - His first full season at the club and he did good.

Keflavík - 2013 Season Preview

Friendly Results

Screenshot2012-03-11at44834PM.png

Board Expectations

Icelandic Premier Division - Win it. - Media Prediction - 1st.

Icelandic Champions Cup- Win it.

Icelandic Cup - Reach the finals.

IUP - To be competitive.

Budgets

Transfer Budget - £208,808.

Wage Budget - £26,318 p/w

Current Wage Bill - £20,682 p/w

Transfers

Sad to see that the chairman accepted a £1,500,000 bid from Rosenborg for our start defender, Sandy Paillot. At least we got an amazing profit for him as we got him for free.

Mario Alberto Pereira- Mario can play in the middle and on the right wing and is going to be our number one Right Winger. He came on a free transfer after being released by D.C United in the MLS. He has already started producing the goods and has 1 goal and 3 assist in just 4 games.

Wiljan Pluim - The Dutch attacking midfielder had been released by Roda JC and I picked him up as he looks like he could do a good job in the AM position.

Transfer summary

Loving this thread, Im also managing in Iceland, Grindavik just at the end of season one.

Could you point me in the direction of where you got your badges and kits from? Cheers

As Flamers said its the Metallic logos. Although it's not the '12 pack its the 10' pack but the 12' should be the same.

Champions League

Second Qualifying round

First leg: Banants 0 - 5 Keflavík. Was a little worried going into this match as many key players were injured. Despite my worries we managed to win the game with ease and we got a good advantage in the home game.

Second leg: Keflavík 3 - 1 Banants. Solid win. We took the lead early and never looked like losing.

Champions League

Third Qualifying round

First leg: Keflavík 5 - 3 Rangers. What a game. We went under 0-3 but came back to 3-3 for half-time and ended up winning the match 5-3.

Second leg: Rangers 5 - 4 Keflavík. What the hell just happened!? 9 goals were scored and although we lost it was a hell of a game.

Brilliant in the previous round, but this round was absolutely amazing! I bet it was great to watch, mind boggling scores!!!

Champions League

Champions Playoff

First leg: Rosenborg 1 - 2 Keflavík. An even game. We took the lead in the first-half and went 2-0 up, at least we scored two away goals.

Second leg: Keflavík 3 - 1 Rosenborg. Rosenborg took the lead in the 17th minute but we came back to even it at the end of the first-half. The game was pretty even until we scored in the 83rd minute and again in the 86th.

And Keflavík are now back into the group stages of the Champions League

Champions League

Group Stage

Sporting (H) 4-4. The first half we got totally dominated and the score after the half time was 1-4. We managed to turn it around in the second half and we scored a late equalizer in the 90th minute.

Ajax (A) 3-2. The first half was pretty even and in the second half we managed to get the lead in a penalty after a mistake but Ajax responded with a goal from Ismail Aissati, it looked like we were going to have another draw until Ajax scored a goal in extra time.

Manchester United (H) 1-4. We never really had a chance against a what is really a much superior team. We got dominated from the start but at least we got a late consolation goal from Wiljan Plum.

Your Ajax game links to Carmarthen Vs Panathinaikos

Great comeback against Sporting, Unlucky against Ajax. Better luck next time against Utd. Those pesky own goals don't help, very moral deflating.

Thanks, the link is now fixed ;).

Yeah the comeback was something else. I nearly fell off my chair when Tobias scored!

How are your youth players coming, anyone worth while?

Wow, i've been inactive in this thread! Been really busy the past couple of weeks but will try and find time to play some more.

Well. My Icelandic youths are pretty terrible but I think that mostly due to the poor recruitment network we have.

Champions League

Group Stage

Manchester United (A) 6-2. Another defeat against the Red Devils. Wayne Rooney killed us off by scoring 4 goals.

Sporting (A) 1-2. We avenged for the late goal they scored in our last match by winning the match 2-1. We fought hard and in the end it payed off as this was our only win in the group.

Ajax (H) 0-3. Ajax dominated us and go back to Holland happy with a 2nd place in the groups and qualification for the First Knockout Round.

So, here's the group table. We came fourth with only 4 points.

Expect a season update in the upcoming days :).

Wow, i've been inactive in this thread! Been really busy the past couple of weeks but will try and find time to play some more.

Well. My Icelandic youths are pretty terrible but I think that mostly due to the poor recruitment network we have.

Yeah, Mines crap too. Although the RB Gauti Borgþórsson who came through my first batch is now an Icelandic International.

Champions League

Group Stage

Manchester United (A) 6-2. Another defeat against the Red Devils. Wayne Rooney killed us off by scoring 4 goals.

Sporting (A) 1-2. We avenged for the late goal they scored in our last match by winning the match 2-1. We fought hard and in the end it payed off as this was our only win in the group.

Ajax (H) 0-3. Ajax dominated us and go back to Holland happy with a 2nd place in the groups and qualification for the First Knockout Round.

So, here's the group table. We came fourth with only 4 points.

Expect a season update in the upcoming days :).

Unlucky with the Group stage, had you held onto the draw with Ajax away, you'd have been third because of your better results head to head with Sporting.

Archived