FM12 - Mali Koi's managerial adventure!

malikoi

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great job firstly surviving and then getting promotion.

I think Norway is a nice starting point for a career, I enjoyed my three years there.

Good luck with your career :thup:

Thanks alot bud, yea first couple years been enjoyable.

A laugh is a laugh :cool:

This is true. :):thup:

lvham.png

Pre-Season 2013

lovfix1.jpg

A pretty crappy pre-season in all honesty, got the win in 4th match which I am happy about, but the other fixtures I'm not happy with.

transsp.png

Boakye, Oppong and Powell are all newgens. Boayke was offered to me by his agent, whilst I search the bigger African teams for newgens every year as they always seem to have utter beasts for no money at all. This was the case again.

As for my tactics this year, I will be deploying a flat 4-4-2 which was my tactic of last season that worked very well in most cases.

tactr.png

Good luck for the season ahead!

Cheers bud. :thup: First month update will be up soon.

Well done with the Africans, always seem to have a work permit problem with them when in Norway.

I've never had a work permit turned down yet. Must be lucky?

lvham.png

March 2013

lovfix2.png

Happy with the first month of the season. The win against Molde is amazing considering they have won the Tipperligaen the last 2 years. The squad just clicked and punished them.

tiptable.png

Sitting very nicely after 3 games, would love to be around this position at the seasons end, but I may be dreaming! SRL88 get that £20 ready! :D

lvham.png

April 2013

lovfix3.png

A decent month, only 1 loss I am happy with. A nice win against Strømsgodset shows how the team cna play if they put thier minds to it. More of this would make me happy!

tiptable1.png

Sitting nicely in 6th place, I am happy so far. Performing way above what we should be. Doing better than our "Parent Club"! We will be theres next season by the looks of it. ;)

lvham.png

May 2013

lovfix4.png

3 wins and 2 losses, overall, I am pretty happy with this month. My players were knackered from the congestion of it, but they did well.

tiptable2.png

So, after 12 games I am fifth, but a couple of teams have a game in hand. As I see it, I reckon 35 points would keep us in the division after this season. That will be my minium objective for this season as for points, we have had a good start on it so if we don't get that, I would be very dissappointed.

cupfix.png

We are on a nice little cup run. 4th was the boards objective for this season, so happy I got here. Would very much like to go further!

Going well so far!!!!

What are the European positions in the league?

European qualification - From Wikipedia

As of the 2009-10 European season the winners of the previous calendar year's Norwegian Premier League enter the second qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, while the second and third placed teams enter respectively, the third and second qualifying rounds of the Europa League.[3] The fourth placed team may also qualify, depending on what happens in the Norwegian Cup. Normally the winners of the Cup receive the final spot (entering the Europa League in the third qualifying round). If the winners have already qualified for Europe, the spot is transferred to the fourth placed team. Incidentally, the cup competition is called The Championship, while the winners of the League are merely that - League Winners.

I understand 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but not really the 4th spot bit.. :confused:

It sounds like the FA Cup to me. If a team who qualifies for Europe through the league wins the cup then the team who finishes 4th gets their spot. The last sentance is a little confusing.

lvham.png

lovfix5.png

Only the 1 league fixture as an International break took up most of the month. A tougher win then it should of been, but happy with it.

tiptable3.png

Up to 4th! I can hardly believe we are this high in the league, confidence and morale is sky high.

cupfix1.png

Pretty annoyed about this loss. They were down to 10 men since the 70th minute because of an injury after they had used all 3 subs. Róbson missed a penalty in the first half which would of won us the game. Had a little chat with him in private, and he said he'd buck his ideas up.

Because of only 2 games, I scheduled a few friendlies to keep the fitness up. I cocked up a bit, I went on holiday for a day to long and missed the first fixture.. The other 2 were a couple of nice wins though.

Them European places are definitely up for grabs.

Maybe, not holding my breathe though! Anyone from 2nd-9th seem to be in a chance of European football..

Confidence and morale are really important in the game. As long as your players are motivated and with high morale - you will be a king against low morale teams (though tactics are most important) ;)

I agree, thats why I always try and get them both high. :)

lvham.png

lovfix6.png

An absolutely terrible month. 3 losses and 1 win is no where near good enough. The Rosenborg game shouldn't have finished 4-1, they had 5 shots on target and 4 went in. My keeper had a shocker, and duly got fined for 2 weeks of his wages. 4 other players got fines aswell, but only 1 week. We had 9 shots, and 6 on target and only scored once. We are going to miss Róbson so much in the coming couple of months. :(

tiptable4.png

From 4th to 7th in a month.. Annoyed is an understatement. If thigns don't improve, will be yelling at players ever game until they buck their ideas up.

Too bad but don't give up! Use transfer window to strengthen the squad and go for glory!

I would, but my wage budget is at its max! :p Honestly, I just want to finish in the top 10. If I do that I would see the season as a success, with the new stadium next season I am sure we'll get a higher position. :)

lvham.png

August & September 2013

lovfix7.png

I forgot to do an update for August so I will do one for both August and September. A nice month, only dropping 5 points. Cant complain about the form of my team. :)

tiptable5.png

Up to fourth after a good couple of months!

Archived