FM12 - Mali Koi's managerial adventure!

malikoi

After enjoying reading various people's journeyman saves on the forum, I decided I wanted to give it a go.

S.America -  Argentina    - 2nd Division
            Brazil       - 3rd Division

Europe    -  Belgium      - 3rd Division
            Denmark      - 2nd Division
            England      - BSN/BSS
            France       - National
            Germany      - 3rd Division
            Italy        - Serie B
            Netherlands  - Jupiler League
            Norway       - Adeccoligaen
            Portugal     - Liga Orangina
            Russia       - Pervyj Division
            Scotland     - 3rd Division
            Spain        - Liga Adelante
            Turkey       - 1. Lig

-------------------------------

Database       :Large
            Players        :66,000
            Manager's Rep  :Automatic

Team Objectives

• Win a top Division Championship.
  • Win promotion with any club. <Achieved>
  • Manage a top team in each of the 'Big 5'.
  • Win the Champions League.
  • Win the European Championship.
  • Win the European Championship with England.
  • Win a World Cup.
  • Win a World Cup with England.

Player Objectives

• Player of the Season in respective league.
  • Achieve 'Top European Marksmen' award.
  • Guide a player to Ballon D'Or success.
  • Have 1 Player in the Team of the Year
  • Have 3+ Players in the Team of the Year
    [/List]
    Club Achievements

• Get a Stadium Expansion
    • Have a new Stadium Built. <Achieved>

Manager Objectives

• Manage a national team.
  • Manage England.
  • Win Manager of the year.
  • Reach 1000 games.

Well, off we go!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|      [b]Season[/b]      |      [b]Team[/b]        |         [b]League[/b]          |  [b]Country[/b] | [b]League Position[/b] |  [b]Appointed[/b]  |    [b]Left[/b]    |
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
|       2011       |  Løv-Ham Fotball |      Adeccoligaen       |  Norway  |       8th       |  15/7/2011  |      ~     |
|       2012       |  Løv-Ham Fotball |      Adeccoligaen       |  Norway  |       1st       |      "      |      ~     |
|       2013       |  Løv-Ham Fotball |      Tippeligaen        |  Norway  |       4th       |      "      | 12/12/2013 |
|    2013/2014     | AFC Bournemouth  |       League One        |  England |       1st       |  27/12/2013 |      ~     |

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lvham.png

Name: Løv-Ham Fotball

Nickname: Løvene

Founded: 1975

Stadium: Varden Amfi (3500 All-Seater)

lov2.png

Squad Analysis

lov3.png

As you can see, only 1 CB. And not a very good one at that! I have to wait around 2-3 weeks before I can bring anyone in, in the Mid-Season transfer window. The depth of my defence is freakin' terrible, I may sign some of the "greyed" out players from my reserves and youth teams, just to cover the positions.

Nice little job to start off with mate. Best of luck :thup:.

Cheers bud. :)

Foolishly, I forgot to look at the squad before hand and didn't see the clubs defence was in pretty bad shape. Oh well, will make it all the more sweet when I avoid relegation. :lol:

lvham.png

15th July-31st July 2011

lovefix.png

My first 2 games didnt go as planned, but confidence was rock bottom so the win in the 3rd game should raise that a bit, hopefully! We were outplayed in both the fisrt 2 games, but in the 3rd was an even game. They missed a penalty in the first half, so that made it a great victory.

aptable.png

Hopefully with the win against Kongsvinger we can push on and get out of the relegation zone. With 13 games left to play, this should be doable. I will be bringing in some players in the transfer window to bolster my squad. I will also be looking to get rid of some of my worse players.

Yep, he looks great, I also got his defensive partner on a free: Frédéric Patouillard. He's a bit old, but I have only got him on a 1 year contract.

Also brought in a LB, Fernando Dinis, and I am trying to bring in a CM. Will post a screen of him once he's at the club.

Considering the 1 scout and his terrible ability, he's finding some cracking players. :)

lvham.png

August 2011

lovefix2.png

A nice month here, losing to title chasing Hønefoss BK, and drawing with Bryne, also looking to the title. In the last 4 games my defense has looked alot better, I dread to think what it would of been like if I didn't bring in any players. In the Bryne game, I was unlucky not to win. They came back from behind 3 times to grab the draw, the team looking alot better with morale improving with every match.

aptable2.png

Still in the relegation zone, but the team is looking alot better. Hopefully I will be out of it by the end of September.

Transfers

As I have already said, I have brought in Fernando Dinis, Frédéric Patouillard, and Even Iversen. I have added one more player into my team, who comes in the form of Stefan Alba. I have had Alba on a different save, and he was a decent little player. I am hoping he can bring in some much needed goals to the front line.

Damn..

dinis1.png

I told him I'd try to bring another Portugese player to the club but he said it would make his homesickness worse.

dinis2.png

My only other player for DL isn't that great. Really hoping he can adapt when he gets back.

Edit: just realised, he was injured for 4 weeks anyway so nothing has really changed wtih him being away. :)

lvham.png

September 2011

lovfix3.png

A mixed month, 2 good wins and 2 expected loses. Hopefully I can go a few games unbeaten towards the end of the season.

aptable3.png

Finally out of the relegation zone by ways of goal difference, but atleast we are out. Looks like any of 5 teams could be going down this year, will be an interesting run in.

I have been offered the chance to sign Andrés Ríos by his agent. Just waiting for a work permit to be put through, then hopefully a great looking striker will be at the club.

runin.png

Current position in league:

Hødd - 10th

Bodø/Glimt - 1st

HamKam - 6th

Ranaberg - 15th

So, 2 harder games, 1 average, and 1 "should be easy" game. Not the easiest of run-ins, but I am confident my team can make it accross the line above relegation. :)

In other news, the signing of Andrés Ríos has just been wrapped up, who will be available to play immediately.

lvham.png

October 2011/End of Season

lov4.png

A nice end to the month, the win over Bodø/Glimt was extremely pleasing. Ríos was a great signing for the last few games of the season. He played 3, scored 3 goals and assisted 2 more. Couldn't have asked more from him.

aptable4.png

Well, safety was secured and we will be playing the Adeccoligaen next season!

Squad

The team started getting better about 1 month after I joined, then we never looked back. If i didn't bring a defence in, I don't know where the team would be right now. They were definately the reason we didn't get relegated.

Next Season Objectives

- Improve league position.

- Start making a profit each month.

- Concede less goals, and score more.

I have a contract until the end of next season, once I reach the end of it I will see if there are any jobs available at higher reputation club, and if there isn't I will resign with Løv-Ham Fotball.

If anyone wants more details, just ask. :)

Cheers both. :) Hopefully I can kick on next season and try for promotion.

Promotion? Haha, I wish I had the chance to try and avoid promotion! :D

I shan't be playing the save until Arsenal have played today, kickoff is at 4 I think.

Never realised how long the off-season was in Norwegian football.. 3 months seems to take forever compared the the 2 months of English football! :D

Midway through February, shall put an update of pre-season when it finishes. :)

lvham.png

Off/Pre-Season 2012

tranr.png

It seems I had some luck with the agents again, found myself some bargains and good players. Hoping they all gel together nicely.

taci.png

After getting the team to 'kind' of how I want it, I adapted to the tactic I like playing. If it doesn't work out, I will switch back to a 4-4-2 formation.

prefix.png

Pre-Season was the time to adapt to the new formation, so as you can see, results got better through each game.

Board Expectations:

Top half finish within the league.

Third round of the Cup.

My Expectations:

Top 5 finish.

Fourth Round of the Cup.

Bit of a weird tactic with the striker ;) :L

It's a test, as the AML is an IF, I wanted to create a little bit of space for him to play in, not sure if it works yet as he has only just came back from injury. :D

Good luck with the season mate :thup:.

Cheers bud. :thup:

lvham.png

April 2012

lovfix4.png

A nice little start to the season, unbeaten but conceding to many goals for my liking. Will play same defence for another couple of months and if it keeps up I wil look to change it around.

aptable5.png

Quite like the look of this! Hope the table looks like this at the end of the season. :D

I have also brought it a LB to cover the position as I didn't notice I only had 1 player there. (Filippos Darlas)

lvham.png

May 2012

lovfix5.png

A so-so month, pleased with the draw against Hønefoss, and the 2 wins. The loss was expected in all honesty, Start having just been relegated, they have a good squad.

aptable6.png

Still second, which is always nice. As can been seen though, it's all very tight so far.

cupfix.png

My team got a right blasting after the match against Raufoss, a team 2 divisions below ourselves. We just didn't turn up, or play that match. Only 1 player had a rating over 6.5, very embarressing.

lvham.png

June 2012

lovfix6.png

A month with no losses, very happy about that. The team is finding it hard to hit the back of the net though, and we have been riding our luck in defence aswell.

aptable7.png

Top by 4 points, never thought I would be in this position at the end of last season. Not sure if it's because my team is playing well, or others playing bad, but I won't complain 1 bit! :D

I've also brought in a couple of new strikers to try and start scoring a few more goals. They are Róbson and Deyvid. I have let Stefano Alba go on a free as he was only on an Amatuer contract. He wasn't playign well either.

lvham.png

July 2012

lovfix7.png

Four wins from 4 games, very happy with that. None of them are real title contenders, but I am very happy we didn't slip up. We are currently on a 9 game unbeaten run, with only 1 draw out of the 9 we are gathering points at a very fast rate.

aptable8.png

The lead over second place extended to 6 points after a great month.

potmu.png

The first time one of my players has won the award, very proud of Róbson. I have also won the Manager of the Month award for the second month in a row. I didn't realise last month!

lvham.png

August 2012

lovfix8.png

Another unbeaten month, making the run to 13 games. Came from behind in 2 games to win and draw so happy with the teams determination.

aptable9.png

9 points infront, with a game in-hand. The season couldn't be going better! Still not sure wether or not I will sign a new contract before the end of the season.

lvham.png

September 2012

lovfix10.png

Yet again, undefeated! The first 2 draws I didn't mind, but then to draw against Follo was frikkin' terrible! My team got a proper grilling after that game. Looks like it worked to with them bucking their ideas, and performances up in the next 2 games. 18 games undefeated now, league record. :)

aptable10.png

Well, I really really didn't expect to be here at the start of the season. Around half way through the other teams started falling away, but I just kept going! I think I need 6 points to win the league, and 5 for promotion.

If people aren't interested in reading this thread, I will stop posting and just continue it without the thread.

Woah, some rise.
Having an excellent second season. Big improvement :thup:

Cheers guys! I was very surprised at how we performed to be honest, I thought I was going to be fighting for 4th or 5th!

A nice couple of talents there Mali :thup:.

Yea, a couple of them are good. Hoping Viken will turn out a good player. :)

lvham.png

October 2012

lovfix11.png

I really wanted to go undefeated until the end of the season, but Sogndal had other ideas about that! I don't really mind, as they had been relegated the season before and had a very good team.

aptable11.png

Woooooooooooo!!!!! I am ecstatic about gaining promotion to Tippeligaen, let alone winning the Addecoligaen after the previous season.

I will do a season review after this post.

lvham.png

2012 Season Review

Squad

The squad played very well through-out the season, which has led me to my first league title!

Season Objectives

- Improve league position. Success!

- Start making a profit each month. Failed.

- Concede less goals, and score more. Success!

What has got me most excited, and which is the reason I WILL be staying with Løv-Ham Fotball is:

newstad.png

This means I will be staying with the club until after 2014. I will try and consolidate my team into a steady Tippeligaen team.

Next Seasons Objectives

-Avoid Relegation

That is going to be my only objective, as I feel it is so important for the future of the team.

If anyone wants more details, give my a shout. :)

Great thread mate, loving it so far. Excellent job on the promotion, utterly bossed your way through the season. Keep it up!

Cheers matey. :) According to this we definitely smashed up the Adeccoligaen!

sum.png

Im also very proud of getting this:

probl.png

Put me down for £20 :D. I know your skills will carry you to the title.

Great work on winning the title mate and congratulations on the new stadium and professional status. Good luck with the new season and looking forward to the update :).

Archived