Off Topic Thread: Hey lurkers, post ffs!!

Purefun

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRL88

• tomtuck01

• Cleon

• Nottingham Forest

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to work today and I have to devote a whole night to the mrs tonight. Damn!!!

Devote a whole night, love the way you put it like that, like its some kind of chore :D

Anniversary or something? Owt planned?

Devote a whole night, love the way you put it like that, like its some kind of chore :D

Anniversary or something? Owt planned?

It not our anniversary or anything. To be honest, I dont even know when that is :D. I think its October!!

She had a hormonal streak the other day about us not spending a lot of time together (although I spent the whole week-end with her) so I said I would tonight.....after Corrie of course because according to her that comes first but I play to much FM :rolleyes:.

Poor thing. :(

I know, tell me about it!!!

Parents came back from Holland last night, woke me up today with a full English breakfast... suppose them being back has its plus sides! :D

The PC's at work are being right sl*ts today. Everytime I keep trying to input some data on the system it keeps kicking me out :mad:.

Well, I am going to give it some time to get its arse into gear so in the meantime, I am going to crack the laptop out and play FM at work :brock:.

Sigurdsson signed!! Great signing. Glad he's chosen to come to the right club. :D

Wonder what AVB thinks seeing as the club signed him and not him. I'm sure he wont be that bothered.

I wonder how him and RVD will play in the same team? More likely to be rotated?

He isn't even fat, he is just all muscle. It is quite insane watching him run (jog, I can't call what he does run)... absolute unit!

I know, the worst part is he is exactly the sort of striker Crewe need because we lack anyone to hold the ball up.

Man Utd are in a lot of debt. Their owners are arseholes but they will be fine because they are a global brand.

The debt is small compared to 3-4 years ago, when it was nearer £800million. The problem is that it is being paid off at the expense of the team.

When Fabregas and Nasri left we went from 4th to 3rd, maybe when Van Persie goes maybe we'll finish 2nd? At the end of the day though no player is bigger than the club. I hate how football now isn't about passion as it used to be and playing for the shirt.

RVP is overrated imo, only had 1 good season anyway.

Giroud >>>>> RVP

You see the reason why he wont sign new contract? He had a meeting and didn't like the direction the club was heading. Ermm you're a ****ing player getting paid, do your talking on the pitch. Since when do players decide how a club is run?

When Fabregas and Nasri left we went from 4th to 3rd, maybe when Van Persie goes maybe we'll finish 2nd? At the end of the day though no player is bigger than the club. I hate how football now isn't about passion as it used to be and playing for the shirt.

Passion is this imaginary attribue invented by the English.

van Persie's reasoning, as with Nasri's, (Fabregas was a different kettle of fish), is perfectly understadable. It isn't about not caring for Arseanl, but the fact that when they finish their careers they want to look back at what medals they won. And at Arsenal, they're not achieving that.

Very true Tom, but we have won a fair few Emirates Cup's right? :D

Cleon did you see Gary Neville's tweet? 'Only a passenger on a ship remember! The ship will always be there!!' - Speaking about RvP

His reasons for leaving isn't medals though is it? He said he didn't agree with Wengers/Arsenals vision. I'd love to know what he didn't agree with. Maybe it was Arsenal had actually spent money for once :D

I have a feeling Arsenal fans will get the last laugh though. Whatever club he ends up, Juve, Man City etc he'll just be another player and not the main man like he was at Arsenal. Plus he's always got 1 big injury left in him :D

I don't mind who he goes to, but if it's City then all my respect goes for him. 'May 14: "I've been here for eight years. I love Arsenal." - July 4: "I want to leave."' Clichy also said that anyone who joins City only goes for the money and that he would never join them, 3 months later he joined them. Also Van Persie's performance at the Euro's just shows how well he fitted in to the Arsenal team.

His reasons for leaving isn't medals though is it? He said he didn't agree with Wengers/Arsenals vision. I'd love to know what he didn't agree with. Maybe it was Arsenal had actually spent money for once :D

Maybe the vision of Wenger and Gazidis isn't one that is full of medals and more about being in the Champions League to pay off debts and sustain the club in the log term? Ergo, t'is about medals.

Of course, I'm reading into things rather than just taking them at face value.

Maybe the vision of Wenger and Gazidis isn't one that is full of medals and more about being in the Champions League to pay off debts and sustain the club in the log term? Ergo, t'is about medals.

Of course, I'm reading into things rather than just taking them at face value.

Possible. I don't think RVP would move just for money alone although it will be a factor.

Arsenal was built around RVP, he ain't going to get that treatment elsewhere. I hope Arsenal come out of it stronger though, I'd rather see them and Man utd battling for the Prem instead of Chelsea and City.

Sell him whilst you can and use the money to bring in a few more players.

This. Get the £12 mill and put the other £8 million towards buying Lloris and then the new Arsenal can rise.

This. Get the £12 mill and put the other £8 million towards buying Lloris and then the new Arsenal can rise.

I dare say he may go for closer to £20m.

They don't need Lloris. Chesney is more than good enough.

He's not, he really isn't. Lloris different class.

I dare say he may go for closer to £20m.

£12 mill + £8 mill = £20 mill :D

FM getting way too addictive for me now, everything on TV has become a background noise. Hate playing without background noise though :D

Got football in a bit, and after a day session of playing this... I really can't wait!